Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,215 members, 7,780,402 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 01:39 PM

Miss Universe 2011: African Contestants - Fashion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Miss Universe 2011: African Contestants (20040 Views)

Miss Universe 1964 Bikini Photo And Compare Them To Today's Photos / Photos Of MBGN 2015 Contestants In Traditional Costumes / Miss Angola Is Crowned Miss Universe 2011 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Miss Universe 2011: African Contestants by Princek12(m): 2:03pm On Aug 20, 2011
otumfour:

^^^ your papa, your moda and your papa again for tht comment, all u people know is GHANA GHANA GHANA, why don't y'all talk abt the other African reps
this shows how y'all hate Ghanaians, inferiority complex my nyansh.

10 over 10 shikena  cool  grin grin grin grin

this comment shows how dumb u are

charcoal! and what are u? as white as snow huh! 

Let thunder strike you immediately wherever you are! you . what is wrong with being black like charcoal? If you see 100 Ghanaians, at least 80 will be very black. So what? Being black like charcoal is beautiful. How many light-skinned Kofis and Mensahs do you have? That is why your countryfolks picked a half-white girl to who tried to represent the USA to represent your country.

Instead of you to weep, you are directing your angst at me. I hope you get violated by a HIV patient. God punish you.

If you are not suffering from reading comprehension, you will understand that my issue is that the people who selected her to represent Ghana did so just because she is half-white, as she had not no strong ties w Ghana and had tried to represent the USA-- because she lost out on the USA spot, she used Ghana as her rebound country.
Re: Miss Universe 2011: African Contestants by Nobody: 2:36pm On Aug 20, 2011
If Ghana is suffering from inferiority complex, what do you think you guys are suffering from?

You think a slight despite of anything light and Caucasoid looking is not an inferiority complex?
Re: Miss Universe 2011: African Contestants by Princek12(m): 2:59pm On Aug 20, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

If Ghana is suffering from inferiority complex, what do you think you guys are suffering from?

You think a slight despite of anything light and Caucasoid looking is not an inferiority complex?

?
Re: Miss Universe 2011: African Contestants by uyakachi(m): 3:17pm On Aug 20, 2011
*************** PEOPLESSSS*************
embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Miss Universe 2011: African Contestants by 27naira(m): 3:25pm On Aug 20, 2011
Miss Nairaland! lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed from Ekiti state embarassed

Re: Miss Universe 2011: African Contestants by Cleanman(m): 4:08pm On Aug 20, 2011
27naira:

ecktually looks like a ghellywed akter!!!
Re: Miss Universe 2011: African Contestants by Cleanman(m): 4:11pm On Aug 20, 2011
otumfour:

^^^ your papa, your moda and your papa again for tht comment, all u people know is GHANA GHANA GHANA, why don't y'all talk abt the other African reps

10 over 10 shikena cool grin grin grin grin

thats a one angry ghanian, u guys are adviced 2 stay away!
Re: Miss Universe 2011: African Contestants by ghboytelle(m): 4:34pm On Aug 20, 2011
Princek12:

Let thunder strike you immediately wherever you are! you . what is wrong with being black like charcoal? If you see 100 Ghanaians, at least 80 will be very black. So what? Being black like charcoal is beautiful. How many light-skinned Kofis and Mensahs do you have? That is why your countryfolks picked a half-white girl to who tried to represent the USA to represent your country.

Instead of you to weep, you are directing your angst at me. I hope you get violated by a HIV patient. God punish you.

If you are not suffering from reading comprehension, you will understand that my issue is that the people who selected her to represent Ghana did so just because she is half-white, as she had not no strong ties w Ghana and had tried to represent the USA-- because she lost out on the USA spot, she used Ghana as her rebound country.

lol 80% yeah we ghanians are dark,but there is also a high amount who are not.

for example have you ever seen the Ewe tribe in ghana, most of them are not charcoal dark, but chocolate brownish skin to golden skin.
Re: Miss Universe 2011: African Contestants by ghboytelle(m): 4:35pm On Aug 20, 2011
btw Nigeria also has really really dark people also
Re: Miss Universe 2011: African Contestants by Macavelius(m): 5:27pm On Aug 20, 2011
All of them are pretty, can I have them in my harem.
Re: Miss Universe 2011: African Contestants by Nobody: 5:34pm On Aug 20, 2011
27naira:

i doubt that ileki to be a nigerian embarassed talkmore of ekiti, maybe yoruba from benin
Re: Miss Universe 2011: African Contestants by 27naira(m): 5:37pm On Aug 20, 2011
Toaskarity:

i doubt that ileki to be a nigerian  embarassed talkmore of ekiti, maybe yoruba from benin

angry angry angry She is from Ekiti state! i used to know her until she did that polythene plastic surgery  angry

she even tells everyone she's from Ekiti state here on nairaland
Re: Miss Universe 2011: African Contestants by skydeexie(m): 5:39pm On Aug 20, 2011
And how about the real authentic Miss Africa Ladies & Gentlemen? She represents all the other ladies put together.

Re: Miss Universe 2011: African Contestants by 27naira(m): 5:42pm On Aug 20, 2011
skydeexie:

And how about the real authentic Miss Africa Ladies & Gentlemen? She represents all the other ladies put together.

your girlfriend is beastiful cool
am a movie director, will she like to act as the new James Bond lady? wink
Re: Miss Universe 2011: African Contestants by skydeexie(m): 5:55pm On Aug 20, 2011
Wow! A role as the new James Bond Lady? Well, you would have to book for a flight to Tanzania in the Masai Region near Kenya - But you must be ready to drink some blood mix with milk for breakfast. How about that? And mind you James Bond might not be too happy with you - cause cell phones are not allowed among the Masai beauties.
Re: Miss Universe 2011: African Contestants by BigMeat2: 6:05pm On Aug 20, 2011
Miss Angola and Miss Ghana
Re: Miss Universe 2011: African Contestants by Jenifa1: 6:17pm On Aug 20, 2011
this topic is a disgrace to Africa.

and i'm not surprised about ghana. those ones wear their inferiority complex on their forehead.
Re: Miss Universe 2011: African Contestants by Nobody: 6:19pm On Aug 20, 2011
otumfour:

10 over 10 shikena  cool  grin grin grin grin

i dont see any hatred in his/her post, he is exposing africa inferiority towards itself,
you say nigerians talk about GHana Ghana everytime but thats big lie, since there is this case of homo in ghana, i havent seen it here but go to ghanaweb they are the first to post this same topic (about sexiest accent) and start commenting negatively about it! making mockery of how we are proud to be 5th, is there any week that there wont be any thread  about bashing naija in ur site even things wey no concern nigeria there must be a way to connect it, and you talking about hatred? who hates who? even nigeria win big brother your thread start complaining about patiality! who hates who? you call chinua achebe and soyinka scammers, now who hates who?
abeg talk about the issue at hand and stop draging nigeria backward to make issue with una just like ur singers who talk rubbish about naija as if ghana is is heaven!
Re: Miss Universe 2011: African Contestants by Nobody: 6:23pm On Aug 20, 2011
27naira:

angry angry angry She is from Ekiti state! i used to know her until she did that polythene plastic surgery angry

she even tells everyone she's from Ekiti state here on nairaland
ok i didnt know you knew her, i was only doubting but you prove me wrong,
Re: Miss Universe 2011: African Contestants by Nobody: 7:19pm On Aug 20, 2011
Princek12:

?

You're displaying your raging inferiority complex here too, if I might add.
Ms Ghana is a beautiful woman, and a ghanaian to boot. So what if she was picked?

Princek12:

Ghanaian authorities and most likely its citizens have shown that they suffer from inferiority complex because they have picked their contestant because she is half-white and possesses no visible Ghanaian features. They probably think that in so doing it would give them a better shot at winning. Like Ghollywood movies, where actors who are half-white or lighter-skinned are preferred over non mixed or darker-skinned actors, and where they try to speak with fake American accents and make scenes that represent more of AA culture than Ghanaian culture, they have picked a contestant who is half-white and who has no strong ties with Ghana nor  has lived in Ghana over other contestants who embody more of Ghanaian features and experience.

Everyone and their mama knows that the average Ghanaian is black like charcoal and has striking features, and it would have done their country proud had they chosen a contestant who is an embodiment of Ghanaian physical attributes and culture. I am sure if Ghanaian authorities had their way, they would transform all their citizens to half-oyinbo.

This selection also highlights how dumb and silly many people in positions of power in Africa are. How can you choose a girl to represent your country at a Miss Universe pageant when that same girl had attempted to represent another country but lost? Had she won the Miss USA pageant she would not have competed in the Miss Ghana pageant and would have cared less about representing Ghana.

Look at this ignorant display here.

What is wrong with being dark? What is wrong with being light?

Should ms Ghanaian be discriminated against just because she's not a full Ghanaian or just because she has that Caucasoid future?

The same way Caucasians discriminate against African futures is what you have Africans doing to Caucasoid future on this thread. Hypocrisy is Nigeria's best feature.

The chick is beautiful and she deserve to run.

Look at Ms. Nigeria for instance, Light skin and red hair etc. . . . which NORMAL Nigerian girl has that future? Abeg, face your burning home make we hear word. Dont hate because ms. Ghana looks better than M.s Nigeria. Heck, 80% of African contestants look better than Ms. Nigeria, even as much as she tries to make herself look westernized.
Re: Miss Universe 2011: African Contestants by Orikinla(m): 7:21pm On Aug 20, 2011
When Black Africans want to look white to impress the White, that is inferiority complex syndrome.
Re: Miss Universe 2011: African Contestants by Nobody: 7:23pm On Aug 20, 2011
Orikinla:

When Black Africans want to look white to impress the White, that is inferiority complex syndrome.

[img]http://belezaepica.files./2011/06/nigc3a9ria-sophie-gemal.jpg[/img]

Then tell your Nigerian sister to take off her weave or to use her natural hair. Is Nigeria hair straight and red?
Re: Miss Universe 2011: African Contestants by ghboytelle(m): 7:24pm On Aug 20, 2011
ms nigeria looks like a pig cheesy
Re: Miss Universe 2011: African Contestants by Rhino5dm: 7:36pm On Aug 20, 2011
These useless Ghanians and their inferiority complex-American wannabes, ashanti accent still have the guts to insult Naija?

"Thank God we are not a Ga.ynians"

@ Topic

kai! see beauty . . .o ma se o
Re: Miss Universe 2011: African Contestants by gidson12(m): 7:58pm On Aug 20, 2011
are ghanian guys turning ga.y? Lol is it lack of babes or are all the 9ja guys in ghana snatching away their kele
btw that miss ghana is not a true african blood
Re: Miss Universe 2011: African Contestants by Anvaller: 8:14pm On Aug 20, 2011
@Nayah

I do not agree with your remark that central/southern African ladies are flawless. When u said Tanzanian, I might agree with that because all the Tazanian chicks that I know are significantly pretty. When u say southern Africa, would you exclude south Africa pls? Their ladies on the average are not particularly spectacular. They don't even have style.

To mess the game up for themselves, they are very arrogant, most especially to other Africans.
Re: Miss Universe 2011: African Contestants by marcus1234: 8:15pm On Aug 20, 2011
Re: Miss Universe 2011: African Contestants by Nobody: 8:31pm On Aug 20, 2011
Which one be ''caucasoid future''? Chai, illiteracy is a curse, lol. grin
Re: Miss Universe 2011: African Contestants by mamagee3(f): 8:36pm On Aug 20, 2011
I love Miss Egypt!!!
Re: Miss Universe 2011: African Contestants by Rhino5dm: 8:46pm On Aug 20, 2011
^ Woman-lover shocked
Re: Miss Universe 2011: African Contestants by InkedNerd(f): 8:51pm On Aug 20, 2011
@Rhino.5dm & gidson12: Can me not turn thing into a man-lover bashing issue? This isn't what the thread was intended for.

Ileke-IdI:

Then tell your Nigerian sister to take off her weave or to use her natural hair. Is Nigeria hair straight and red?

LOL when some of my friends saw her, they laughed like crazy because they said she looked beautiful but fake. Hehehe, I'm not gonna lie when I saw her video online asking people to vote for her I laughed so hard because she looked like she was trying to put on some sex kitten person.

ghboytelle:

ms nigeria looks like a pig cheesy

Awww, not nice embarassed

Ileke-IdI:

You're displaying your raging inferiority complex here too, if I might add.
Ms Ghana is a beautiful woman, and a ghanaian to boot. So what if she was picked?

Look at this ignorant display here.

What is wrong with being dark? What is wrong with being light?

Should ms Ghanaian be discriminated against just because she's not a full Ghanaian or just because she has that Caucasoid future?

The same way Caucasians discriminate against African futures is what you have Africans doing to Caucasoid future on this thread. Hypocrisy is Nigeria's best feature.

The chick is beautiful and she deserve to run.

Look at Ms. Nigeria for instance, Light skin and red hair etc. . . . which NORMAL Nigerian girl has that future? Abeg, face your burning home make we hear word. Dont hate because ms. Ghana looks better than M.s Nigeria. Heck, 80% of African contestants look better than Ms. Nigeria, even as much as she tries to make herself look westernized.

No one is saying she shouldn't run because she is part white and Persian--its because she is NOT a Ghanaian citizen nor was or is she a Ghanaian resident. She's just there while there prepping her for the Miss Universe competition. Aside from the fact that her father is Ghanaian, she has no ties to Ghana--that's what's got people so worked up about her. The fact that she is just lying despite the fact that people know the truth. It's a cultural clap to the face for the people of Ghana. Had this girl at least been born in Ghana or at least lived there for some time, then that would be a different story but its not the case. She lost the Miss USA pageant and claimed the Miss Ghana title so she could continue to compete.

Toaskarity:

i dont see any hatred in his/her post, he is exposing africa inferiority towards itself,
you say nigerians talk about GHana Ghana everytime but thats big lie, since there is this case of homo in ghana, i havent seen it here but go to ghanaweb they are the first to post this same topic (about sexiest accent) and start commenting negatively about it! making mockery of how we are proud to be 5th, is there any week that there wont be any thread  about bashing naija in your site even things wey no concern nigeria there must be a way to connect it,  and you talking about hatred? who hates who? even nigeria win big brother your thread start complaining about patiality! who hates who? you call chinua achebe and soyinka scammers, now who hates who?
abeg talk about the issue at hand and stop draging nigeria backward to make issue with una just like your singers who talk rubbish about naija as if ghana is is heaven!

I don't tee any hatred in his comment either. All is said was something that is very prevalent in MANY African countries.

Princek12:

I understand that you didn't like what otumfour said but its no reason to say such a thing. We are only having a discussion--its not a fight to the death. I really hope you didn't mean what you said.

otumfour:

10 over 10 shikena  cool  grin grin grin grin

There is nothing wrong in what Princek12. He stated the facts for what they were.

Princek12:

Ghanaian authorities and most likely its citizens have shown that they suffer from inferiority complex because they have picked their contestant because she is half-white and possesses no visible Ghanaian features. They probably think that in so doing it would give them a better shot at winning. Like Ghollywood movies, where actors who are half-white or lighter-skinned are preferred over non mixed or darker-skinned actors, and where they try to speak with fake American accents and make scenes that represent more of AA culture than Ghanaian culture, they have picked a contestant who is half-white and who has no strong ties with Ghana nor  has lived in Ghana over other contestants who embody more of Ghanaian features and experience.

Everyone and their mama knows that the average Ghanaian is black like charcoal and has striking features, and it would have done their country proud had they chosen a contestant who is an embodiment of Ghanaian physical attributes and culture. I am sure if Ghanaian authorities had their way, they would transform all their citizens to half-oyinbo.

This selection also highlights how dumb and silly many people in positions of power in Africa are. How can you choose a girl to represent your country at a Miss Universe pageant when that same girl had attempted to represent another country but lost? Had she won the Miss USA pageant she would not have competed in the Miss Ghana pageant and would have cared less about representing Ghana.

Yes, so very true tongue

I guess the Ghanaian officials wanna win my any means.

Bandit C.:

Which one be ''caucasoid future''?  Chai, illiteracy is a curse, lol.  grin

Lmao grin
Re: Miss Universe 2011: African Contestants by mamagee3(f): 8:58pm On Aug 20, 2011
Rhino.5dm:

^ Woman-lover shocked
Okay, you mean beauty pageant lover? grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

National Assembly Proposes To Criminalise Cross-Dressing In Nigeria / Funke Akindele Or Rukky Sanda: Who Wore It Better? / Rita Dominic And Waje's Outfit At AMAA2013

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.