Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,153 members, 7,807,517 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:33 PM

Am I The Only Person Who Doesn't Like D'banj's Oliver Twist - Music/Radio (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Am I The Only Person Who Doesn't Like D'banj's Oliver Twist (19394 Views)

Pitbull And Protege Sensato Remix Dbanj's Oliver Twist / Dbanj's Oliver Twist Single Is No1 On UK Urban & Dance Chart / Download D'banj - Oliver Twist Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Am I The Only Person Who Doesn't Like D'banj's Oliver Twist by Natasha2(f): 10:11pm On Aug 23, 2011
Princek12:

Many people don't understand the song and therefore do not appreciate it because they do not know the meaning of an Oliver Twist. They apparently did not read the Oliver Twist novel. Put simply, an Oliver Twist is a person who is not satisfied and wants to have everything. Applying that definition to D'Banj's Oliver Twist song, D'Banj is talking about a guy who wants to have all the girls. He wants to have, among other girls, Beyonce, even though she is with Jigga; Nicki Minaj, because her nyansh is bigger; Rihanna, because he makes him gaga; Omotola, because people like her; Genevieve, because she is so sweet; and Nadia Buari, because she does not drink gari.

And the last part of the song immediately before the chorus says, "You want to have them all, because you are just an Oliver, Oliver, Oliver Twist." Rather than for some people to say they do not understand a song and humbly ask for interpretation, they simply say the song makes no sense. Bottom line, the song is entertaining and will be a hit.

As usual, once white people start to like the song and give it the Oyinbo stamp of approval, all these people with inferiority complex who had earlier claimed to hate the song will now claim that they now like the song--that it grew on them.
oh please so na you come understand the song pass shey? please lets call a spade a spade and not shovel, the song is crap and that's the truth
Re: Am I The Only Person Who Doesn't Like D'banj's Oliver Twist by ds700(m): 12:23am On Aug 24, 2011
Another great release from Koko master,
Re: Am I The Only Person Who Doesn't Like D'banj's Oliver Twist by LilSkenny: 1:03am On Aug 24, 2011
I love the song and the mohits crew. Why the hate and the beef now? Just keep listening to it, and you will get used to it.
Re: Am I The Only Person Who Doesn't Like D'banj's Oliver Twist by Princek12(m): 7:17am On Aug 24, 2011
Natasha,,:

oh please so na you come understand the song pass shey? please lets call a spade a spade and not shovel, the song is crap and that's the truth

Apparently I had to break down the meaning of the song to people like you who did not understand it. It is one thing to say you don't like the song; it is another thing to say the song makes no sense. You have every right to dislike the song, but to say the song makes no sense, when it actually does, is to look stupid. It would speak humbly if that person who does not understand the song to humbly ask for interpretation. That's where I come in.
Re: Am I The Only Person Who Doesn't Like D'banj's Oliver Twist by Dandy1(m): 10:38am On Aug 25, 2011
^^word!^^
Re: Am I The Only Person Who Doesn't Like D'banj's Oliver Twist by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 7:30pm On Aug 25, 2011
If you have to listen to a song over and over and over and over and over and over and over again until it grows on you then YOU HAVE BEEN BRAIN-WASHED -Seriously.

Nigerian Stations are fond of playing songs so often your ears eventually give in and surrender grin
Re: Am I The Only Person Who Doesn't Like D'banj's Oliver Twist by PROUDIGBO(m): 8:20pm On Aug 25, 2011
I like the beat (a little bit), but i'm not sold on the lyrics. And what's with the title 'Oliver Twist' undecided? Charles Dickens would be spinning in his grave.
Re: Am I The Only Person Who Doesn't Like D'banj's Oliver Twist by mbulela: 9:55am On Aug 26, 2011
I guess Kanye will be in the remix?
Re: Am I The Only Person Who Doesn't Like D'banj's Oliver Twist by Nobody: 11:44am On Aug 27, 2011
Melikey oliver twist? Neva,over my dead body.sick tune.dbanj is on druggs
Re: Am I The Only Person Who Doesn't Like D'banj's Oliver Twist by mikuz(m): 9:41am On Aug 28, 2011
The song is too wack! Kinda suprised it came from Dbanj! Unbelievable!
Re: Am I The Only Person Who Doesn't Like D'banj's Oliver Twist by Effiko(m): 1:26pm On Sep 07, 2011
wetin dis one dey tok 4 mouth sef. . na wa ooo
Re: Am I The Only Person Who Doesn't Like D'banj's Oliver Twist by kholiomax: 1:01am On Mar 02, 2013
i registered only to reply to your question because i asked myself the same question and surfed the net and Oliver twist novel and it looks fair and square to share :

Dbanj wants to have all this women but he acknowledges that he always wants more. Dbanj makes reference to Charles Dicken’s book “oliver twist”. Oliver, who toils with very little food, remains in the workhouse for six months. One day, the desperately hungry boys decide to draw lots; the loser must ask for another portion of gruel. The task falls to Oliver, who at the next meal tremblingly comes forward, bowl in hand, and makes his famous request: “Please, sir, I want some more.”

In this case Dbanj wont ask for more food but for more women. I guess he wants to be like the Nigerian music icon “FELA” who married 27 wives in a day. WOW!!!
Re: Am I The Only Person Who Doesn't Like D'banj's Oliver Twist by bheemz(f): 9:45am On Jun 26, 2013
team dbanj eja nla#hahahahahahahaha#
Re: Am I The Only Person Who Doesn't Like D'banj's Oliver Twist by fastigiater: 2:11pm On Jun 26, 2013
Wow!!! E don tey wey dem dey beef Dbanj o. To think these posts were even before Oliver twist became an international hit. Hmm I rest my case #finally next hit smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Am I The Only Person Who Doesn't Like D'banj's Oliver Twist by airmark(m): 2:37pm On Jun 26, 2013
^^^ You don't know nairalanders. Most of them are never-do-wells and glory-destroyers. Imagine a mod, mikuz, also joined the bandwagons.

Re: Am I The Only Person Who Doesn't Like D'banj's Oliver Twist by charlesopp(m): 3:01pm On Jun 26, 2013
#sighs..jus went tru d posts...som pple wil neva love dbanj..nd dt kips makin him go higher nd richer, while deyy demself remain in poverty!...Haters wen will y'all learn?!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Am I The Only Person Who Doesn't Like D'banj's Oliver Twist by airmark(m): 8:46pm On Nov 22, 2016
I know members will be here reading . cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Am I The Only Person Who Doesn't Like D'banj's Oliver Twist by GreatManBee: 9:21pm On Nov 22, 2016
tongue

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Exclusive:::::: Faaji Plus - St Janet (contains Lewd Lyrics) / Download New MP3: Jonnykage Ft Iceboxx, Upper X- Chi Chum Chin / Should I Use My Real Name Or A Nickname As My Stage Name? Please Help

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.