Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,538 members, 7,808,979 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:21 PM

I Need A Help To Write A Simple Login Form Using Vb.net - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / I Need A Help To Write A Simple Login Form Using Vb.net (8363 Views)

For Beginners: Learn How To Create A Simple Android Native App / How To Make A Simple Calculator In Notepad Using .bat Format / Post Ur Vb 6.0 Questions Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Need A Help To Write A Simple Login Form Using Vb.net by Zinedu(m): 10:04pm On Aug 18, 2011
Please House can anyone help me with codes to write a simple Login form using Vb.net,where i can deny non-registered user to gain access to the main program.any contribution will be highly appreciated.Thanks.
Re: I Need A Help To Write A Simple Login Form Using Vb.net by gadoonline(m): 9:44am On Oct 03, 2011
There are so many ways to do that
1.place 2 text box 2 buttom
dim a as string = texbox1.text
dim b as string = texbox2.text
if
texbox1.text = " admin" and texbox2.txt = "1234"then
Frm1.show
Me:hide
End if
Re: I Need A Help To Write A Simple Login Form Using Vb.net by diallojoel(m): 3:59pm On Oct 04, 2011
U should consider using a database (mysql or MsAccess) send me a mail with subject vb login to diallojoel2000@yahoo.co.uk
i can even help with full program development using vb.net for windows or PHP for web
Re: I Need A Help To Write A Simple Login Form Using Vb.net by Kobojunkie: 11:59pm On Oct 05, 2011
@Poster, you need to pick up a book on programming. I suspect that is what is needed here. Then you can come back with a question we are better able to help with. Also, use GOOGLE . . .it is a good friend of your.s
Re: I Need A Help To Write A Simple Login Form Using Vb.net by kabifarm(m): 11:28am On Oct 13, 2011
it is easy because i know it. there are basically two types of login 1. only the login form load when u run ur app and upon authentication the main menu then show with all the menus therein.
2. the main menu loads along with the login and upon authentication the main menu now be come accessible. Note that the code for both of differ.for furthe detail send mail to kabifarm@cooltoad.com
Re: I Need A Help To Write A Simple Login Form Using Vb.net by lordstevens: 12:39am On Sep 02, 2012
gadoonline: There are so many ways to do that
1.place 2 text box 2 buttom
dim a as string = texbox1.text
dim b as string = texbox2.text
if
texbox1.text = " admin" and texbox2.txt = "1234"then
Frm1.show
Me:hide
End if
did u ask him if he was connecting to a database or not
Re: I Need A Help To Write A Simple Login Form Using Vb.net by ToyosiR(f): 4:27pm On Sep 07, 2012
Contact me via yahoo messenger wiseshort2000@yahoo.com if u are online so that i can put u thru free of charge.

I promise putting u thru free of charge.
Re: I Need A Help To Write A Simple Login Form Using Vb.net by Nairaface: 5:26am On Sep 11, 2012
Zinedu: Please House can anyone help me with codes to write a simple Login form using Vb.net,where i can deny non-registered user to gain access to the main program.any contribution will be highly appreciated.Thanks.

Goal: write a simple login form (I'm assuming you don't have the form yet.

How would you achieve this "manually" (pseudo code)?

1) present a form to a user
a) add a form
b) add controls (a username field, a password field, and a submit button. Add a clear button if the spirit leads you)
For good practice, rename controls to make sense to you. E.g, btnflyingboat for a button that lets you get to your flying boat

2) add event handlers for each control that you need to trigger an action. These are the "messenger on demand"s
I'm guessing this is only going to be the submit button unless you want to have validators tied to every control. Unnecessary processing in my opinion.

3) remember to include error messages so people know what's going on when their attempt at log in fails.

The above is what you'll do irrespective of the language. Do you want log in over a server? If so, you need more than vb.net.

For vb.net, I'll go with gadoonline's. I'll also add "option explicit" at the very top to prevent mixing up variables. Especially if you are new to vb.net or writing several lines of code.

I'll tweak as follows (note that this goes in the submit button's click event...
a) you can get to the code editor by double clicking on the controls on the form)

Dim strUname as string
Dim strPword as string

StrUname = me.txtUname.text 'this assumes that the username text field was named txtunam
strPword = .... 'complete as above

If (struname = (a username) and (stpword = ...) then
Do what you want to happen on successful log in
Else
Display error or whatever you want)
End if

If, on the other hand, you want to pass credentials from a db or table, you want to:
1) pull all of the user name and password combo and loop through, or
2) query the table for the record set with the combo entered

2 makes more sense especially for a large database.

Let's know how it goes. Good Luck!
Re: I Need A Help To Write A Simple Login Form Using Vb.net by AbidemiA: 8:25am On Sep 11, 2012
Re: I Need A Help To Write A Simple Login Form Using Vb.net by lordstevens: 1:12pm On Sep 25, 2012
this is not fair... This guy should go and work hard. Then come and tell us the errors he encountered. Let us stop spoiling young programmers
Re: I Need A Help To Write A Simple Login Form Using Vb.net by Nobody: 1:56am On Oct 14, 2014
Thats very easy. I now use a database to store all my login-IDs to allow for different users ttho.

(1) (Reply)

Having Consistent Headaches Because Of Programming / Java Coding Challenge: Task Scheduler / Java Vs C Sharp

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.