Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,216 members, 7,780,405 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 01:43 PM

Negative Influence Of Media In Africa - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Negative Influence Of Media In Africa (2703 Views)

Murray-Bruce's Reaction To Buhari's Appointment Of Media Aides / Dokpesi: Money I Received Was For Publicity And Media In Political Campaigns / FG To Regulate Use Of Social Media In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Negative Influence Of Media In Africa by cashcool: 7:45am On Aug 19, 2011
Bad news sells good like hot cake, some of us can't even get enough of the hot cakes so the great teacher tell us, "write until your story raises a hell." that's why in Africa, there is a lot of burning hell already - so burning hot is the hell that young Africans keep queuing for visas in some very unfriendly countries shouting "Africa, Africa, friends of Africa, Africa this, Africa that' while they piss shit in your face, move down to Africa and pull over truck loads of gold, diamond and barrels of oil and walk away with very impudent face - Reason is they use the bad news to scare you and your friends away from the beautiful paradise of Africa.

"Bad news sell hot" and when you believe it or they make you accept it, you run from your home, motherland, place of natural peace and comfort to waste your prime in these unfriendly places.
Forget about the fast lane, get rich quick stories flying in from New York, Brussels and Shenzhen, we know who and where to steal from and we know when to run. A couple of folks I do know have been in the game for over a decade, some have been holed-in underground in Commie prisons for life! Run, hide, get caught and hit the brick wall.

That's some warped rich kid hustle and bustle mentality - more than half of us always end up in misery. If you doubt me go ahead and take advantage of people, trick them and rip some off, live as big as you can with other people's hard earned money you never care a pin how hard they work for it. Let's meet at the other end - They always end up in misery and their span short-lived. Wasted prime, wasted energy, running around like rats do and wrapping it up in Africa in misery.

No place like Africa, sweet home of natural peace and free living souls, but why the rush, why the race away from motherland, young brother? Why the bizarre news of famine, war and disease that will make you shudder and run away? – Somalia, Rwanda, Sudan etc. there certainly must be something beautiful about these places other than pictures of very hungry dying kids waiting to be eaten by a vulture. The bitter truth is, we do live in some harsh realities of life but soon, it's going to burn hot all over the world starting from North Korea to South Korea and the rest and Africa will be the only place of peace left for mankind, forget the bizarre stories of a burning hell of a continent strapped with a begging bowl of aid, unrest in Libya, famine in Somalia, disease and poverty stricken. Many of these events are simply man-made.

The demise of Libya is man-made! The scary famine documentary of Somalia, Sudan, Ethiopia are all man-made.
It's very simple.
Get a dumb African to sell the blessed fruits and foods from the soil of these blessed countries of Africa, trick him to sell the oils, gold and diamonds too through the back door - promise him eternal wealth in Europe, United State of Abracadabra and lots more. Then promise to give him free guns and war equipment, make him believe you are his friend from somewhere across the seas.

With the guns, the dumb Africans will block foods and medical access to the other parts of the country that constitute possibly more intelligent individuals that he sees as a threat to his dumb chicken brain, their own country in the name of War, in the name of fighting for whatever crappy ideas that come up into their dumb heads at a particular point in time.

When they block the food and medical access to the other regions of their own country, the people starve until they begin to starve to death, then the gun mongers, who sold these guns to these dumb Africans by stealing their gold, oil and diamond through the backdoor will beckon on their scare monger media, they will line up cameras from EU, Washington, Beijing etc, they will line up their nosey poker cameras down to your poor mother's kitchen in the villages of Africa.
What are they doing? They are simply shooting a documentary of your crass ignorance, Mr. Phd African. Although you are educated but your education has not been able to influence any meaningful change in the way the media view your continent.

Although you are educated with your brains full of paper knowledge and strange academic quotes that are irrelevant to your present economic situation, you have not been able to understand the power of the media to make a hell of any place it so desires especially any place with potentials for greatness - once the people cared less but will prefer to live in a fake monkey comforts home in Europe than use your brain to emancipate your blessed country of Africa.
Will they stop the shipping of guns to the Somalia war-mongers? No way! Will they ask him to clear off the roads so foods could reach out to the starving Africans, his own people? No way! This is business. The media understand this kind of business very well.

This is the power of the media. Make a hell of Africa, so that no meaningful business takes place there, make a hell of China's newfound home of natural resources and friendship so that they will treat the Africans like some bucket of shit – perhaps they could be incited against the Chinese too. A lot of Africans loosing teaching job opportunities over here already based on the power of the media to make a hell of any place or people it so desires.

Will the African Union (AU) order for some actions against the crazy religious war mongers in Somalia? What for? Life is good in government house, I also want to get there, maybe I will stop the brain-racking too.
Is Africa an infertile land? Never! Do foods grow in Africa at all so that the people don't have to starve and serve as regular cover models for CNN and BBC documentary on poverty, famine and diseases? YES. Foods grow in excess and there are plenty of fertile lands to grow foods, if the land of Somalia is not fertile to grow foods, there will be no green tree standing.

Africans don't produce no guns, they don't produce no killer weapons. The matchets and cutlasses you see in our hands are simply some good bargains from a cross border merchant.
The land of Africa is one of the most fertile in the whole world, virtually anything can grow with less use of fertilizer, some villages in Africa is surrounded by crystal clear rivers, some Safaris in Africa is like a dream paradise.

So, where are all these bizarre pictures of famine and pitiable poverty stricken helpless Africans coming from?
My teacher told me; "Write until your story raise a hell" or else you got no story!
That's what you read every day on BBC, CNN and the likes - I really wish I can run some CNN too,
follow me to www.knowchina.org
Re: Negative Influence Of Media In Africa by senbonzakurakageyoshi(m): 11:52am On Aug 19, 2011
if you wrote this, then I love you man (no homo).
Re: Negative Influence Of Media In Africa by seunlayi(m): 12:13pm On Aug 19, 2011
good insight, love this
Re: Negative Influence Of Media In Africa by BigMeat2: 12:25pm On Aug 19, 2011
The various african nations have to use their own media establishment to project positive news about africa. If each country can have a media house similar to CNN, BBC or Al-jazeera, it will go a long way in projection some good report.

Also most importantly, we need good governance in Africa, not the sit-tight mentally of life presidency most of the leaders embark upon.
Re: Negative Influence Of Media In Africa by RickyRoss1(m): 12:36pm On Aug 19, 2011
Very sad but true,
The western media are all white supremacists, they never want to show anything positive about Africa. They want Africans and the rest of the world to see Africa as hell on earth. I got tired of their rubbish long ago and i stopped watching CNN, BBC and the rest.

When you show mud houses in Africa why not show the sky scrappers as well? Why is it always bad things they report about Africa? Famine, poverty, HIV/AIDS, Wars etc? Does it mean there are no positive things happening here? These western media will wake up one day and tell you 90% of all Africans live in abject poverty, how many people did they interview in Africa to get this figure?

Each time i go to my village i look around and i dont see the poverty the way they show it. Every man or woman in my village has a job no matter how small. There is fertile ground and food/fruits everywhere, every family in my village in Imo State has at least one graduate, so i dont see this poverty at all. I always tell people that we Nigerians are richer than the British but most of our people are too blind to see it. At least the global recession has opened their yansh now, at least we know America and much of Europe is in recession. In UK for instance everyone is in debt. They claim they are rich but they never buy anything with their own money, they have to buy on credit simply bc they dont have the cash to pay. Here in Nigeria everything i have belongs to me 100% bc i pay for it cash. From clothes to cars, properties, phones etc. In the UK its a different story, they claim this is their house but in reality it takes them 30 or 40 years to pay off their mortgages. Most people in the UK buy even mobile phones on credit simply bc they don't have the cash to pay.

Let me give you a good instance of western media propaganda in Africa. Last two years some European/American companies failed to get lucrative contracts in Ghana. Within few months they cooked up some reports claiming Ghana is the worlds 9th worst economy even behind Haiti that doesn't have any natural resources. Is this possible? What criteria did they use to arrive at that? Even they claimed Accra, Ghana is the worst city to live in the world. But since these western companies got the contracts they are looking for in Ghana, they have been singing Ghana praises lately. At the moment they claim Ghana is the best country in Africa even above South Africa and Botswana, Ghana is this and Ghana is that. We know they are singing these praises bc they need lucrative contracts in Ghana. AFRICANS PLS WAKE UP
Re: Negative Influence Of Media In Africa by BigMeat2: 12:39pm On Aug 19, 2011
@ Ricky_Ross; i fully agree with you 100%.
Re: Negative Influence Of Media In Africa by Nobody: 12:49pm On Aug 19, 2011
Na today ? Media propaganda is one of the tool of foreign policy and the west have used it properly in Africa.Maybe it's the black colour,slavery,colonialism or poverty that made black man lost his pride ?
Re: Negative Influence Of Media In Africa by sley4life(m): 1:22pm On Aug 19, 2011
media have really dwindled the image of africa
Re: Negative Influence Of Media In Africa by emmatok(m): 1:26pm On Aug 19, 2011
Ricky_Ross:

Very sad but true,
The western media are all white supremacists, they never want to show anything positive about Africa. They want Africans and the rest of the world to see Africa as hell on earth. I got tired of their rubbish long ago and i stopped watching CNN, BBC and the rest.

When you show mud houses in Africa why not show the sky scrappers as well? Why is it always bad things they report about Africa? Famine, poverty, HIV/AIDS, Wars etc? Does it mean there are no positive things happening here? These western media will wake up one day and tell you 90% of all Africans live in abject poverty, how many people did they interview in Africa to get this figure?

Each time i go to my village i look around and i dont see the poverty the way they show it. Every man or woman in my village has a job no matter how small. There is fertile ground and food/fruits everywhere, every family in my village in Imo State has at least one graduate, so i dont see this poverty at all. I always tell people that we Nigerians are richer than the British but most of our people are too blind to see it. At least the global recession has opened their yansh now, at least we know America and much of Europe is in recession. In UK for instance everyone is in debt. They claim they are rich but they never buy anything with their own money, they have to buy on credit simply bc they dont have the cash to pay. Here in Nigeria everything i have belongs to me 100% bc i pay for it cash. From clothes to cars, properties, phones etc. In the UK its a different story, they claim this is their house but in reality it takes them 30 or 40 years to pay off their mortgages. Most people in the UK buy even mobile phones on credit simply bc they don't have the cash to pay.

Let me give you a good instance of western media propaganda in Africa. Last two years some European/American companies failed to get lucrative contracts in Ghana. Within few months they cooked up some reports claiming Ghana is the worlds 9th worst economy even behind Haiti that doesn't have any natural resources. Is this possible? What criteria did they use to arrive at that? Even they claimed Accra, Ghana is the worst city to live in the world. But since these western companies got the contracts they are looking for in Ghana, they have been singing Ghana praises lately. At the moment they claim Ghana is the best country in Africa even above South Africa and Botswana, Ghana is this and Ghana is that. We know they are singing these praises bc they need lucrative contracts in Ghana. AFRICANS PLS WAKE UP

+1
Re: Negative Influence Of Media In Africa by abouzaid: 1:41pm On Aug 19, 2011
Pls spread the news that CNN,BBC,even al jazeera are all a bunch of liars. Syria and libya get all the media coverage because their leaders refused to be american puppets while the massacre of protesting citizens continue in bahrain and yemen under a media black out because those corrupt regimes are backed by american govermenent and financial interests. The media that denomized abacha is praising the obj that gave our public companies away,murdered thousands of nigerians in odi and zaki ibiam and we all hate in this country. Now they are telling us that we will split up in 2015 and we have started believing them again. We are really pathetic
Re: Negative Influence Of Media In Africa by proffmanue(m): 2:46pm On Aug 19, 2011
we need to support our own medias too. I study in Europe, men these guys are poor, they rely on their government to survive.
Re: Negative Influence Of Media In Africa by ebbymayox(m): 3:10pm On Aug 19, 2011
We need to ve our own media ,that would portray our image the way it is
Re: Negative Influence Of Media In Africa by Emperoh(m): 3:28pm On Aug 19, 2011
So when will African selfish leaders set up their own media?
The Arab world has countered the westerners with AL Jazeera and China with CCTV.
I am waiting to see how Africa will respond and launder its own image.

If we don'build a formidable media group, then nothing and i mean nothing much will come out of knowing all these.

It has well been known that these crisis are result of the fight for Africa's resources and not a genuine fight for change and positive life style
Re: Negative Influence Of Media In Africa by NatGas(m): 3:52pm On Aug 19, 2011
What happened to re-branding of Nigeria by Nigerians? that was flag off by Prof Dora?Such campaigns are what we need to create a good impression about our dear Continent.

Nigeria-Good People-Great Nation.
Re: Negative Influence Of Media In Africa by Nobody: 4:29pm On Aug 19, 2011
The bitter truth is, we do live in some harsh realities of life but soon, it's going to burn hot all over the world starting from North Korea to South Korea and the rest and Africa will be the only place of peace left for mankind,
these i always wants to believe.
Re: Negative Influence Of Media In Africa by honeric01(m): 8:54pm On Aug 19, 2011
^^^

You better believe, we are soon going to experience war.
Re: Negative Influence Of Media In Africa by ronia(f): 9:11pm On Aug 19, 2011
Blowing grammer is nt d solution,d question now is,what shall be down
Re: Negative Influence Of Media In Africa by Thirst4Lif: 10:37pm On Aug 19, 2011
I agree most references to Africa by U.S. media are negative. As an African American I take a lot of information

on our news stations personally when it degrades Africa. In spite of the economy in the U.S. credit is generally

used in the U.S. as a convenience, not always a necessity. Credit is only allowed to be used by the

common people when an acceptable credit rating has been established. Those ratings are determined by the consumers ability

to pay their indebtments in a timely manner. No credit is extended if a positive household cash flow and

a positive payment history has not been established prior to any lending. The government will provide basic cell phones to

needy individuals, but that's only due to a loss of employment or a drastic reduction in income. The phones are only good
for less than 1 year.
Re: Negative Influence Of Media In Africa by pleep(m): 11:31pm On Aug 19, 2011
Did u guys know that Africa has the capability to produce enough food for not only herself, but the whole world according to the U.N.

This is why China is so 'repressive' of the media and the Internet. Its trying to prevent its people from becoming brainwashed by foreign ideas and values.
Re: Negative Influence Of Media In Africa by Nobody: 6:27pm On Aug 20, 2011
honeric01:

^^^

You better believe, we are soon going to experience war.
ok. they should wait let me get enuf cash and relocate to naija b4 it start, grin
just saw somewhere about internet terrorist, it seem the war go be btwn china and america!
and this chines,i know trust them again.
Re: Negative Influence Of Media In Africa by igboitalo: 8:09pm On Aug 20, 2011

(1) (Reply)

Abia Governor Buys Ships With Stolen Govt Money / We Should Introduce A Law That Punishes Those Who Insult The President / Ngige Is At It Again, He Will Never Change!!! (see Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.