Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,565 members, 7,801,603 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 06:01 PM

Where Is Jesus? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Where Is Jesus? (2309 Views)

Is Jesus Really God? / Is Jesus Relevant In Our Day? / Archangel Michael Is Jesus Christ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Where Is Jesus? by LagosShia: 2:19pm On Aug 19, 2011
if you ask a christian,where is Jesus?

he'd undoubtedly say he is in "heaven" and he went up.i.e after his alleged "crucifixion" and then the alleged "resurrection",Jesus stood somewhere and like a helicopter or rocket,ascended into the heavens.

if you dont know,let me give you a breaking news.the only place where Jesus is said to have "gone up" in the bible is in Mark chapter 16 (verses 9-20).

and even in Mark 16,all bibles relegate those verses to a footnote.from verses 9 to 20 where Jesus is described to have "ascended",the publishers of the bible clearly state:

["The earliest manuscripts and some other ancient witnesses do not have verses 9–20".]

so if the most ancient accounts,do not have those verses,the question is :where did those verses come from into the latter texts of Mark chapter 16?

you can verify here by yourself:

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=mark%2016&version=NIV

as for Jesus being "ascended" after his alleged "crucifixion" and the alleged "resurrection",that based on the bible alone is a point of contention and can be disputed.that is the reason why Muhammad (sa) is the prophet/comforter after Jesus who glorified Jesus (as) and confirmed him.you need to read,believe in and depend on the Holy Quran for the truth and complete guidance.only the Quran clearly and unambiguiosly states that "God raised Jesus to Himself"!

the most important event in the christian belief system,the ascension of Jesus,is only recorded once in mark 16.all other books of the new testament have left it out or their authors did not witness or hear of it.even in mark 16,it is a matter of doubt as it appears as a footnote with clear words of doubt about the source of the account and its absence in more ancient manuscripts.in other words,the presence of an account of Jesus' ascension in mark 16 is questionable by its source and its presence there appears to either be the result of magic or someone added verses 9-20 by himself.
Re: Where Is Jesus? by Ayoobscom(m): 4:14pm On Aug 19, 2011
What a question and sad enough no one is answering may be the brains are still booting Pum! Pum! Pum! oya boot fast and attend or somehow there's confusion or somehow there is no clue on 4.5million pages flap flap flap oya open and attend
Re: Where Is Jesus? by Nobody: 4:27pm On Aug 19, 2011
The question should be where is Muhammad.

Well I know where he is , in a tomb in Medina
Re: Where Is Jesus? by Nobody: 4:29pm On Aug 19, 2011
And Jesus is on the right hand of the father

[img]http://3.bp..com/_NEyfTMUKmpQ/TC1WyKaX9MI/AAAAAAAAACQ/4xMYjau8Mng/s1600/JesusAtHisThrone%5B1%5D.jpg[/img]
Re: Where Is Jesus? by LagosShia: 5:19pm On Aug 19, 2011
@fox-bell

we know where the Prophet (sa) is buried.and we know where numerous other prophets are also buried.Adam,Noah,Moses,Abraham,and even the mother of your god,Mary (as) are all dead and buried.that is not strange.death is natural and God will one day make us all go to rest through death.

but the question is you dont know where your "lord and saviour" is.may be you should put on NTA an ad on NTA:"lost lord and saviour,if found return"!!!or may be you're are the one that is lost 
Re: Where Is Jesus? by Image123(m): 7:26pm On Aug 19, 2011
And this is a consequence of leaving a child uncared for. Parents, please take good care of your children. They are tomorrow's leaders.
Re: Where Is Jesus? by HISchild: 8:31pm On Aug 19, 2011
"And when he had spoken these things, while they beheld, he was taken up; and a cloud received him out of their sight. And while they looked stedfastly toward heaven as he went up, behold, two men stood by them in white apparel; Which also said, Ye men of Galilee, why stand ye gazing up into heaven? this same Jesus, which is taken up from you into heaven, shall so come in like manner as ye have seen him go into heaven." - Acts 1:9-11

"Behold, he cometh with clouds; and every eye shall see him, and they also which pierced him: and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of him. Even so, Amen. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty." - Revelations 1:7-8

"And to you who are troubled rest with us, when the Lord Jesus shall be revealed from heaven with his mighty angels, In flaming fire taking vengeance on them that know not God, and that obey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ: Who shall be punished with everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord, and from the glory of his power;" - 2 Thessalonians 1:7-9

"Kiss the Son, lest he be angry, and ye perish from the way, when his wrath is kindled but a little. Blessed are all they that put their trust in him." - Psalm 2:12

For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of GOD;” - Rom 3:23

"For the wages of sin [is] death; but the gift of GOD [is] eternal life through JESUS CHRIST our Lord.” -Rom 6:23

Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.” - Acts 4:12

These prophecies will most assuredly shortly come to pass, "Let GOD be magnified", YAHWEH reigns!

1 Like

Re: Where Is Jesus? by LagosShia: 11:22pm On Aug 19, 2011
HISchild:

"And when he had spoken these things, while they beheld, he was taken up; and a cloud received him out of their sight. And while they looked stedfastly toward heaven as he went up, behold, two men stood by them in white apparel; Which also said, Ye men of Galilee, why stand ye gazing up into heaven? this same Jesus, which is taken up from you into heaven, shall so come in like manner as ye have seen him go into heaven." - Acts 1:9-11
you are quoting Paul who is evidently copying from Mark 16 and later hearsay.the four canonical gospels with the exception of the "book of Mark" do not mention anything about the "ascension".Paul was not one of Jesus' disciples and only surfaced after Jesus had left.

i should remind you of the words of bible publishers:

["The earliest manuscripts and some other ancient witnesses do not have verses 9–20".]

"Behold, he cometh with clouds; and every eye shall see him, and they also which pierced him: and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of him. Even so, Amen. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty." - Revelations 1:7-8

"False Prophecies Of The New Testament" (bible)
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-550247.0.html

"And to you who are troubled rest with us, when the Lord Jesus shall be revealed from heaven with his mighty angels, In flaming fire taking vengeance on them that know not God, and that obey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ: Who shall be punished with everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord, and from the glory of his power;" - 2 Thessalonians 1:7-9

"Kiss the Son, lest he be angry, and ye perish from the way, when his wrath is kindled but a little. Blessed are all they that put their trust in him." - Psalm 2:12

"False Prophecies Of The New Testament" (bible)
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-550247.0.html

For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of GOD;” - Rom 3:23

"For the wages of sin [is] death; but the gift of GOD [is] eternal life through JESUS CHRIST our Lord.” -Rom 6:23

Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.” - Acts 4:12

These prophecies will most assuredly shortly come to pass, "Let GOD be magnified", YAHWEH reigns!

"The Christian Resurrection Myth"!
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-739850.0.html

"the Christian God:blood And Human Sacrifice"
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-651811.0.html
Re: Where Is Jesus? by labi90: 12:39pm On Aug 22, 2011
Im just new in this fora. i have no excuse than to contibute the discussion here. Can anyone tell me where its stated in the bible that Jesus is on the right side of God, who saw him and how did God look because whoever saw Jesus on the right side of God will eventually saw God because for the person to identify the left or right og God. With my knowledge, no human being has ever seen God. Pls can frosbel provide the answer.
Re: Where Is Jesus? by vicvaliant: 12:30pm On Jan 24, 2012
we having the same spirit of faith, according as it is written, I believed, and therefore have I spoken; we also believe, and therefore speak-2cor4vs13
Ye have heard how I said unto you. If ye loved me, ye would rejoice, because I said, I go unto the father: for my father is greater than I.
And now I have told you before it come to pass, that, when it is come to pass,ye might believe-john 14vs28-29.

Jesus saith unto him, thomas, because thou hast seen me, thou hast believed: blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed.- john 20vs29
Re: Where Is Jesus? by reloboy(m): 1:26pm On Jan 24, 2012
labi90:

Im just new in this fora. i have no excuse than to contibute the discussion here. Can anyone tell me where its stated in the bible that Jesus is on the right side of God, who saw him and how did God look because whoever saw Jesus on the right side of God will eventually saw God because for the person to identify the left or right og God. With my knowledge, no human being has ever seen God. Pls can frosbel provide the answer.
Gbam!!! Let them tell us ooo Awon omoleyin Jesu
Re: Where Is Jesus? by Nobody: 1:30pm On Jan 24, 2012
Jesus is sitted at the right hand of the Father with me.
Re: Where Is Jesus? by LagosShia: 1:31pm On Jan 24, 2012
East:

Jesus is sitted at the right hand of the Father with me.

OK.Greet him.
Re: Where Is Jesus? by vicvaliant: 1:42pm On Jan 24, 2012
@lagosShia
Jesus saith unto him, thomas, because thou hast seen me, thou hast believed: blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed.-john 20vs29.
Re: Where Is Jesus? by vicvaliant: 1:52pm On Jan 24, 2012
@reloboy
, He that hath seen me hath seen the father, -john 14vs9
Re: Where Is Jesus? by Joagbaje(m): 1:55pm On Jan 24, 2012
labi90:

It's not a geographical position. But rather a spiritual position. Like you say "right hand man" right hand signifies authority.
Re: Where Is Jesus? by plappville(f): 4:24am On Jan 25, 2012
labi90:

Jesus is not a mere Man, He came to earth, He  was incarnated as a man for a specific purpose at a particular period. U can read John 3:16 to know more.
When He completed  the purpose, He went back to His rightful authority.
See verses that indicate clearly who Jesus is, when sitting at the right hand of God in heaven. He was surely returning to His rightful place He had right from all eternity.

Hebrews 12:2 (King James Version)
2 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.

Philippians 2:8-9 (King James Version)
8 And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.9 Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name:

John 17:5 (King James Version)
5And now, O Father, glorify thou me with thine own self with the glory which I had with thee before the world was.

John 1:1-3 (King James Version)
1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 The same was in the beginning with God. 3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

Ephesians 3:9 (King James Version)
9And to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ:

Hebrews 1:1-3 (King James Version)
1 God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets, 2 Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds; 3 Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high:
Re: Where Is Jesus? by Nobody: 7:53am On Jan 25, 2012
LagosShia:

OK.Greet him.

And hath raised [us] up together, and made [us] sit together in heavenly [places] in Christ Jesus: Eph 2:6

If ye then be risen with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God. Col 3:1

Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ Col 2:8
Re: Where Is Jesus? by Hutchie(m): 11:18am On Jan 25, 2012
And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory. (Matt 24:30)

Jesus said unto him, You have said so: nevertheless I say unto you, Hereafter shall you see the Son of man sitting on the right hand of power, and coming in the clouds of heaven. (Matt 26:64)

I saw in the night visions, and, behold, one like the Son of man came with the clouds of heaven, and came to the Ancient of days, and they brought him near before him. (Dan 7:13)

In the year that king Uzziah died I saw also the Lord sitting upon a throne, high and lifted up, and his train filled the temple. (Is 6:1)

55But he, being full of the Holy Ghost, looked up stedfastly into heaven, and saw the glory of God, and Jesus standing on the right hand of God, 56And said, Behold, I see the heavens opened, and the Son of man standing on the right hand of God. (Acts 7)
Re: Where Is Jesus? by LagosShia: 11:27am On Jan 25, 2012
Hutchie:

[b]And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory. (Matt 24:30)
"shall"? who is "shalling" Jesus here and telling us the narration?

we are talking my dear friend of the actual event of Jesus being seen going up into the heavens.the source is mark 16 verses 9-20 and they are disputed by bible scholars.not me.

Jesus said unto him, You have said so: nevertheless I say unto you, Hereafter shall you see the Son of man sitting on the right hand of power, and coming in the clouds of heaven. (Matt 26:64)
this is all fine.Islam tells us that Jesus was indeed taken up.and we believe as muslims on the account of Muhammad (sa) and his credibility to us.the problem is not there.the problem is in mark 16.

I saw in the night visions, and, behold, one like the Son of man came with the clouds of heaven, and came to the Ancient of days, and they brought him near before him. (Dan 7:13)[/b]

In the year that king Uzziah died I saw also the Lord sitting upon a throne, high and lifted up, and his train filled the temple. (Is 6:1)
interpretation.you should present these verses to a jew and see what he would tell you.

55But he, being full of the Holy Ghost, looked up stedfastly into heaven, and saw the glory of God, and Jesus standing on the right hand of God, 56And said, Behold, I see the heavens opened, and the Son of man standing on the right hand of God. (Acts 7)
the acts of the aposteles were written after Mark.the four "goespels" are the primary sources of the lifee and "ministry" of Jesus.
Re: Where Is Jesus? by 2good(m): 11:28am On Jan 25, 2012
Joagbaje:

It's not a geographical position. But rather a spiritual position. Like you say "right hand man" right hand signifies authority.

How do you know its a spiritual position? Why make an assumption with not a single proof to show for your statement and you made a categorical conclusion. Where in the bible was it stated that its a spiritual position?
Re: Where Is Jesus? by Okijajuju1(m): 11:32am On Jan 25, 2012
abducted by alien life forms.
Re: Where Is Jesus? by Judek2(m): 12:59pm On Jan 25, 2012
labi90:

The Prophets saw him,when the are in spirit,and thus prophesies.
This is what David said:

[Psalm 110:1 Of David. A psalm.]

The LORD says to my Lord: "Sit at my right hand until I make your enemies a footstool for your
feet."

Psalm 110:
The Lord hath sworn and shall not repent,Thou art a priest for ever,after the order of Melchizedek.
5 The Lord at thy right hand shall strike through kings in the day of wrath

The whole chapter is dedicated to Jesus.

(1) (Reply)

The Improbability Of God / Do you realize that you can actually refer to Jesus as Lucifer? / Sow In Dollars If You Want Returns In Dollars ~ Pastor E.A Adeboye

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.