Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,213 members, 7,807,730 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:12 PM

Ill-fitting/hillarious Qualities Of God In The Bible - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Ill-fitting/hillarious Qualities Of God In The Bible (2834 Views)

Top 10 Funniest Replies To why Didn't You Go To Church Today (Hillarious Photos) / Where Will Mentally Ill People Go After Death? / The Fifth Kingdom(of God) In The Bible Prophecy Of The Book "DANIEL 2" Is Islam! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ill-fitting/hillarious Qualities Of God In The Bible by LagosShia: 3:19pm On Aug 19, 2011
A Hissing God

Isaiah 5:26
And he will lift up an ensign to the nations from far, and will hiss unto them from the end of the earth: and, behold, they shall come with speed swiftly:

Isaiah 7:18
And it shall come to pass in that day, that the LORD shall hiss for the fly that is in the uttermost part of the rivers of Egypt, and for the bee that is in the land of Assyria.

Zechariah 10:8
I will hiss for them, and gather them; for I have redeemed them: and they shall increase as they have increased.

A "roaring" God
[img]http://1.bp..com/_N_mOB63qPaE/TNmH_X-EL-I/AAAAAAAAQpA/i7TIHMFKvNk/s1600/Roaring-African-Lion.jpg[/img]
Isaiah 42:13
The LORD shall go forth as a mighty man, he shall stir up jealousy like a man of war: he shall cry, yea, roar; he shall prevail against his enemies.

Jeremiah 25:30
Therefore prophesy thou against them all these words, and say unto them, The LORD shall roar from on high, and utter his voice from his holy habitation; he shall mightily roar upon his habitation; he shall give a shout, as they that tread the grapes, against all the inhabitants of the earth.

A "barber" God"

Isaiah 7:20
In the same day shall the Lord shave with a razor that is hired, namely, by them beyond the river, by the king of Assyria, the head, and the hair of the feet: and it shall also consume the beard.

A"penitent" God

Jeremiah 15:6
Thou hast forsaken me, saith the LORD, thou art gone backward: therefore will I stretch out my hand against thee, and destroy thee; I am weary with repenting.

Genesis 6:6
And it repented the LORD that he had made man on the earth, and it grieved him at his heart.

A God "riding" a cherub

2 SAMUEL 22:11
And he rode upon a cherub, and did fly: and he was seen upon the wings of the wind.

A "smoking" God

2 SAMUEL 22:9
There went up a smoke out of his nostrils, and fire out of his mouth devoured: coals were kindled by it.

A God murders 50,070 for looking into a box

1 Samuel 6:19
And he smote the men of Bethshemesh, because they had looked into the ark of the LORD, even he smote of the people fifty thousand and threescore and ten men: and the people lamented, because the LORD had smitten many of the people with a great slaughter.
Re: Ill-fitting/hillarious Qualities Of God In The Bible by LagosShia: 12:48am On Aug 20, 2011
Qur'anic Treasures hidden in Ayatul Kursi (Holy Qur'an 2:255)

Transliteration
A'uzu billahi minashaitanir rajim Bismillahir Rahmanir Rahim 'Allahu laaa 'ilaaha 'illaa Huu. 'Al-Hayyul-Qayyuum. Laa ta'-khuzuhuu sinatunw-wa laa nawm. Lahuu maa fissamaawaati wa ma fil-'arz. Man-zallazii yashfa-'u'indahuuu 'illaa bi-'iznih? Ya'-lamu maa bayna 'aydiihim wa maa khalfahum. Wa laa yuhiituuna bi-shay-'im-min 'ilmihiii 'illaa bimaa shaaa'. Wasi-'a Kursiyyu-hus-Samaawaati wal-'arz; wa laa ya-'uuduhuu hifzu-humaa wa Huwal-'Aliyyul-'Aziim.

English Translation
I seek refuge in Allah from the outcast Satan
In the name of Allah, the Most Beneficent, the Most Merciful
Allah! There is no God save Him, the Alive, the Eternal. Neither slumber nor sleep overtaketh Him. Unto Him belongeth whatsoever is in the heavens and whatsoever is in the earth. Who is he that intercedeth with Him save by His leave? He knoweth that which is in front of them and that which is behind them, while they encompass nothing of His knowledge save what He will. His throne includeth the heavens and the earth, and He is never weary of preserving them. He is the Sublime, the Tremendous.
Re: Ill-fitting/hillarious Qualities Of God In The Bible by LagosShia: 12:53am On Aug 20, 2011
MORE BEAUTIFUL ATTRIBUTES OF GOD IN THE HOLY QURAN:

HOLY QURAN 59:22-24:
He is Allah , other than whom there is no deity, Knower of the unseen and the witnessed. He is the Entirely Merciful, the Especially Merciful.
He is Allah , other than whom there is no deity, the Sovereign, the Pure, the Perfection, the Bestower of Faith, the Overseer, the Exalted in Might, the Compeller, the Superior. Exalted is Allah above whatever they associate with Him.
He is Allah , the Creator, the Inventor, the Fashioner; to Him belong the best names. Whatever is in the heavens and earth is exalting Him. And He is the Exalted in Might, the Wise.
Re: Ill-fitting/hillarious Qualities Of God In The Bible by splitnaija(m): 4:01pm On Oct 17, 2011
LagosShia:

MORE BEAUTIFUL ATTRIBUTES OF GOD IN THE HOLY QURAN:

HOLY QURAN 59:22-24:
He is Allah , other than whom there is no deity, Knower of the unseen and the witnessed. He is the Entirely Merciful, the Especially Merciful.
He is Allah , other than whom there is no deity, the Sovereign, the Pure, the Perfection, the Bestower of Faith, the Overseer, the Exalted in Might, the Compeller, the Superior. Exalted is Allah above whatever they associate with Him.
He is Allah , the Creator, the Inventor, the Fashioner; to Him belong the best names. Whatever is in the heavens and earth is exalting Him. And He is the Exalted in Might, the Wise.

Where does prohet mohammed come in here ? (piss be upon him)
Re: Ill-fitting/hillarious Qualities Of God In The Bible by harakiri(m): 4:07pm On Oct 17, 2011
Hilarious. . .lol

grin grin cool

(1) (Reply)

Odinani - In Peace With Nature And Its Forces / The HYPOCRITE! / Why Do Xtian/religious Parents Kick Out Their Unbelieving Teen Kids From Homes?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.