Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,734 members, 7,806,009 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:09 AM

Novels U'll Like To See In The Movies. - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Novels U'll Like To See In The Movies. (5049 Views)

20 Best Inspirational Speeches From The Movies / List The Movies That Gave You Sleepless Nights / Sponsor My Film Project And U'll Never Regret If (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Novels U'll Like To See In The Movies. by bgees(m): 10:53am On Aug 22, 2007
i have read a lot of classic novels but by the time they get on the t.v, u feel dissappointed
but i will like to see the movies of

avenger---frederick forsyth

the deciever--

icon( i want to see a remake)the current one was dissappontin

pillars of the earth--ken follet(pls give it mel gibson)

omerta----------mario puzo(a martin scorsece production will be most appreciated)

the family.----------mario puzo

now what novels would u like to see in the movies.
Re: Novels U'll Like To See In The Movies. by vescucci(m): 12:20pm On Sep 05, 2007
Hi ya, bgees, remember me?

Seems like you love Forsyth, that makes two of us!
I'll like to see the following books into movies;

Dangerous Fortune by Ken Follett
Chancellor Manuscript by Robert Ludlum
Angels and Demons by y'all know who
Harmful Intent by Robin Cook
A remake of If Tomorrow Comes by y'all know who
A big screen version of Tom Clancy's idea, Splinter Cell
Tim Stevens wrote a mind blowing story, On stranger Tides, it'll kick Pirates of the Carribean's out of the way
John Grisham's The Partner shouldn't be too hard to make, what's taking so long?
Devil's alternative will be hard to make considering people's crave for visual effects but it can still be pulled off!
Anyway, being the first to reply I don't want to overflow the buffer, I'll wait for more stuff to come in and add as appropriate.
Re: Novels U'll Like To See In The Movies. by acidrop(f): 12:22pm On Sep 05, 2007
the concubine, i wanna c that novel acted in d typical culture of the igbos. hw nice will it be
Re: Novels U'll Like To See In The Movies. by iice(f): 4:44pm On Sep 05, 2007
vescucci. . .hmmmm i prefer for The Holcroft covenant to be remade lol. . .my favorite book so far by Ludlum. . .but i still have more of his books to read.

Yeah Angels and Demons would be good. . .though am not holding my breath for that one undecided
Re: Novels U'll Like To See In The Movies. by Raymond88(m): 6:12pm On Sep 05, 2007
The Long Walk by Stephen King, great book! I'd love to see Tony Scott direct (with his shaky cam and all), that has been my dream for ages. smiley . . . and in the Nigerian scene, I'd love to see The Palmwine Drunkard on film with the brilliant special effects it deserves! I really loved that book as a child when my sister would read it out to me . . .
Re: Novels U'll Like To See In The Movies. by vescucci(m): 8:06am On Sep 06, 2007
Raymond must have very fond memories. Sorry, I never read that book. The only indigenous books I ever read are, Things fall apart, The beautiful ones are yet born, The EZE series (goes to school, likes food etc etc), some Pacesetters and that's about it. And this is because my mum never got around to getting rid of her 50kobo books and also cuz my coz read English.

Naija movies doesn't get my attention. I just pray some young guys will just wake up one day and rid us all of the mediocrity, sheeeeeesh!
Re: Novels U'll Like To See In The Movies. by v24m(f): 10:56am On Sep 06, 2007
The materese circle by robert ludlum
Re: Novels U'll Like To See In The Movies. by cao(f): 11:56am On Sep 07, 2007
@iice,sony already acquired d rights (for A&G),production started in july.its slated for a december 2008 release.
anyhoo, wud like 2 c any discworld book made as a movie or tv serial (like sky 1 did 4 d hogfather).especially if its a rincewind movie.
Re: Novels U'll Like To See In The Movies. by bgees(m): 4:29pm On Sep 08, 2007
vescucci:

Hi ya, bgees, remember me?

Seems like you love Forsyth, that makes two of us!
I'll like to see the following books into movies;

Dangerous Fortune by Ken Follett
Chancellor Manuscript by Robert Ludlum
Angels and Demons by y'all know who
Harmful Intent by Robin Cook
A remake of If Tomorrow Comes by y'all know who
A big screen version of Tom Clancy's idea, Splinter Cell
Tim Stevens wrote a mind blowing story, On stranger Tides, it'll kick Pirates of the Carribean's out of the way
John Grisham's The Partner shouldn't be too hard to make, what's taking so long?
Devil's alternative will be hard to make considering people's crave for visual effects but it can still be pulled off!
Anyway, being the first to reply I don't want to overflow the buffer, I'll wait for more stuff to come in and add as appropriate.

u mean u 've read ken follet's dangerous fortune. thats one of the greatest book i've read. but have u read:

pillars of the earth and its sequel-world without end.

jack daws.
eye of the needle.

i dont like forsyth, I LUV HIM. i used to read a lot Robin Cook books but i stopped.but he's great ,no doubt.

john grisham's The partner is out already
v24m:

The materese circle by robert ludlum

pls we want a cool headed producer/director for that one. the movie may last for 3hrs. , i would'nt mind
Re: Novels U'll Like To See In The Movies. by vescucci(m): 8:12am On Sep 12, 2007
@ cao, I'll be very pleased to know that Sony's set to make that movie. I should have known a masonic studio would have been the one to do that, but that's a different story. I'll like you to elaborate on the cast if you know anything about that as I don't. Maybe Hanks will still play Langdon since Langdon remains Langdon. But it's like we're going back in time so we shouldn't probably bet on it.

@bgees. In fact I'm reading The Fourth Protocol again whilst I have other worthwhile books to read, I hope that tells you something. I loved Dangerous Fortune intensely and will pick up Pillars of the Earth and luckily I have Jackdaws at my disposal. If you've stopped reading Robin Cook, you're missing something, though some of his books are terrible, so you'd do well to steer clear of em. (Vector-to much threat, too little casualties, Shock-what can I say? not really shocking. After these two let-downs, I can vouch for the rest of his books)

I'm absolutely in the dark about The Partner being made, let me know the cast and general details so I'll know maybe I saw it without knowing (I see a lot of movies without knowing the title, as I probably start midway)

P.S. Anything Ludlum wrote and can be made into a movie is fine by me. Though God save the director!
Re: Novels U'll Like To See In The Movies. by adjain(m): 9:43am On Sep 13, 2007
This is my own modest list.

Darksword Trilogy - Margaret and Tracy Hickman
A plague of Pythons - Frederick Pohl
Star Trek (War Drums) - Forgotten the Author
Star Wars (Jedi Search)
Re: Novels U'll Like To See In The Movies. by Sarifat(f): 9:03am On Sep 14, 2007
Agog for the days of rage, and 41days altematum both secondary school literature textbook
Re: Novels U'll Like To See In The Movies. by Ninjabyte(m): 10:45am On Sep 14, 2007
Ok, I'd love these novels to be made into movies

Chronicles of Thomas Covenant: The Unbeliever - Stephen Donaldson (It will surely kick Lord of The Ring's A$$)

Honour Among Thieves - Jeffery Archer

Chancellor's Manuscript - Robert Ludlum

and a few i've forgotten their names, will check them.

Hope the people concerned are seeing this.
Re: Novels U'll Like To See In The Movies. by aramyd: 1:22pm On Sep 15, 2007
Wilbur smith's egyptian novels- WARLOCK, THE QUEST, RIVER GOD. cool Those books are outta this world and a movie will have to work hard to do them justice! Also if u have read The Eight by Katherine Neville cool, you'll know where Dan Brown got his mediocre idea tongue for his famous book (i'v even forgotten the title!) from! thats a challenge to Dan Brown fans,look for The Eight and tell me what u think of Dan Brown's "conspiracy books"c after you'v read it! grin
Re: Novels U'll Like To See In The Movies. by cao(f): 11:33pm On Sep 17, 2007
@vescucci, Tom Hanks is returning as Robert, rumour has it that he'll b receiving d "highest salary ever for an actor". Ron Howard & Akiva Goldsman r returning as d director and screenwriter. Producers - Dan Brown, Todd Hallowell, John Calley, Brian Grazer. As 4 d rest,dunno.
Re: Novels U'll Like To See In The Movies. by vescucci(m): 8:49am On Sep 18, 2007
Why, thanks Cao! Good old Tommy as highest paid? Do you mean that he'll be the currently highest paid as in to displace the other Tommy, Cruise, that is. Or do you mean that he'll be the highest ever paid actor? Exactly how much is he slated to earn for the movie?

What's the title of this thread anyway, oh yes, novels I'll like to see inn the movies; OK, um, I read this really kick ass book sometime ago, can't believe I omitted it. It's called The Rule of Four, and it's similar to Dan Brown's Da Vinci Code but arguably better. it was written by two best buddies who started writing shortly after they graduated or was it before. One graduated from Harvard and the other from Princeton, which happens to be the back drop of the book. The authors are Ian Caldwell and Dustin something. It can really be made into a film easily and it will be among the best in league of National Treasure and all other major conspiratorial stories. whew, a mouthful or rather a typeful. Catch y'all around, peace!
Re: Novels U'll Like To See In The Movies. by grafikdon: 8:33pm On Sep 23, 2007
Sorrows of Satan - Marie Corelli
Death Comes as the End - Agatha Christie ( A perfect thriller set in ancient Egypt will beat almost any film)
Arrow of God- Chinua Achebe
No Longer at Ease-Chinua Achebe (Stunning sequelof Things Fall Apart)
Seventh Scroll - Wilbur Smith
Great Ponds - Elechi Amadi
Concubine - Elechi Amadi
Re: Novels U'll Like To See In The Movies. by Nobody: 10:10pm On Sep 23, 2007
Although it is a really old novel I would like to see,'Gower street' by Claire Rayner in a movie.I just loved reading that novel.
Re: Novels U'll Like To See In The Movies. by adjain(m): 12:10pm On Sep 24, 2007
I'll agree with grafikdon. Elechi Amadi's Concubine is a masterpiece.
The story of a river god's wife who comes to earth to live amongst men and the jealousy is the river god will rival any screen shot of our time. grin grin grin
Re: Novels U'll Like To See In The Movies. by moondust(m): 1:08pm On Sep 25, 2007
everville

famished road- Ben Okri

halo
Re: Novels U'll Like To See In The Movies. by ebony4life(f): 2:29pm On Sep 28, 2007
I will like Family Album to be a film, I have forgotten the author.
Re: Novels U'll Like To See In The Movies. by busygal(f): 2:24pm On Oct 23, 2007
i think family album is by daniel steal
Re: Novels U'll Like To See In The Movies. by omoge(f): 9:09pm On Oct 23, 2007
All Jackie Collins and Danielle Steel's novels

I'd love to watch Hollywood wives.

I saw FAMILY ALBUM on Lifetime TV (LMN) sooooo lovely and teary.
Re: Novels U'll Like To See In The Movies. by celebritee(m): 1:10am On Nov 20, 2007
Has anybody read Ludlum's The Janson Directive? One of the best and last novels written by ludlum. And permit me to say it is the BOMB.
Re: Novels U'll Like To See In The Movies. by zigbo(f): 8:41pm On Nov 21, 2007
all them "malory towers" parts by enid blyton
Re: Novels U'll Like To See In The Movies. by beeyodun(f): 3:53pm On Nov 22, 2007
DEAD RUN BY ERICA SPINDLER

INTENSITY BY DEAN KOONTZ

DEMON SEED BY DEAN KOONTZ
Re: Novels U'll Like To See In The Movies. by tboy1(m): 5:15pm On Nov 22, 2007
HoneyMoon- James Patterson
Mary, Mary - James Patterson

@ beeyodun

There is another Dead Run Novel by P J TRACY.That's another book i'll love to watch the movie
Re: Novels U'll Like To See In The Movies. by yimiton(f): 5:22pm On Nov 22, 2007
IT by Steven Kings and every one of Sidney Sheldon.
Re: Novels U'll Like To See In The Movies. by PTBNaija(f): 5:35pm On Nov 22, 2007
The Famished Road by Ben Okri
Things Fall Apart by Chinue Achebe
My Sister's Keeper by Jodi Picoult
Purple Hibiscus by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie
Re: Novels U'll Like To See In The Movies. by samm(m): 6:22pm On Nov 22, 2007
The great Novel "Passport of Mallam Illia" by Cyprian Ekwensi. I think if properly directed and portrayed by a cast of both Nigerian and International actors, it can be a cannes festival film winner.

1 Like

Re: Novels U'll Like To See In The Movies. by SugaLips(f): 7:02pm On Nov 22, 2007
The Poisonwood Bible by Barbara Kingsolver. It'll be the most emotional movie ever.
Re: Novels U'll Like To See In The Movies. by uche1(m): 7:05pm On Nov 22, 2007
Starship Troopers was hilarious!  - rarely have I seen such self-irony come out of Hollywood. Didn't even realize it existed is a book.

I agree that the best of SF will be next to impossible to portray in a movie. My favourite has always been K.S Robinson's Mars Trilogy, Niven's Ringworld and Asimov's Foundation series. Doubt any would make good movies. Atleast without a monumental "Lord of the Rings" like effort. Still quite ambivalent about that one.

Ann McCaffrey's Pern series might work.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

#bbnaija: Gedoni And Kim Knew Each Other Before The House (throwback Photo) / Honey, Save D Last Dance Or Step Up, Which Is Ur Favourite Movie & Why ? / Nigeria Bashed (Or Exposed?) Again On American TV - CSI On CBS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.