Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,761 members, 7,798,544 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 05:26 AM

Novels U'll Like To See In The Movies. - TV/Movies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Novels U'll Like To See In The Movies. (5045 Views)

20 Best Inspirational Speeches From The Movies / List The Movies That Gave You Sleepless Nights / Sponsor My Film Project And U'll Never Regret If (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Novels U'll Like To See In The Movies. by Dreloaded(f): 4:59pm On Nov 26, 2007
Wrong thread, LittleMams
Re: Novels U'll Like To See In The Movies. by iice(f): 4:59pm On Nov 26, 2007
That a book?
Re: Novels U'll Like To See In The Movies. by ikhideman(m): 7:46am On Nov 27, 2007
The Bourne Identity by Robert Ludlum on TV was ok, but was nothing compared to the novel.

Would love to see Rage of Angels & Tell me your Dreams both by Sidney Sheldon.
Re: Novels U'll Like To See In The Movies. by bennnie(m): 8:04am On Nov 27, 2007
i would love to see 'THE CONCUBINE BY ELECHI AMADI, THE DRUMMER BOY BY CYPRIAN EKWENSI ,THE SECOND DREAM BY OLA OMIYALE ,EZE GOES TO SCHOOL, WITHOUT A SILVER SPOON BY EDDIE IROH, CHIKE AND THE RIVER BY CHINUA ACHEBE AND EFURU .I hear the concubine is already in the making though.
Re: Novels U'll Like To See In The Movies. by biolabee(m): 8:13am On Nov 27, 2007
@raymond

the long walk is a really good book and the development of garraty during the walk is beattiful
you fall in love with stebbins too and the psychotic major
good book and a more beautiful film
Re: Novels U'll Like To See In The Movies. by weebee(f): 9:12am On Nov 27, 2007
@LITTLEMAMS
Pls do you still have sidney sheldom books or do you know where i can get them. He is the best when it comes to bestsellers!
Re: Novels U'll Like To See In The Movies. by dejiavu(m): 1:20pm On Nov 27, 2007
i would like to see

Leather seduction by JOHN GRisham

The Chamber by JOHN GRisham
Re: Novels U'll Like To See In The Movies. by TL(f): 3:28pm On Nov 27, 2007
i love this smiley has anybody read "the 39 STEPS" now that would make a suspense filled movie.
Re: Novels U'll Like To See In The Movies. by moyosore85: 5:00pm On Nov 27, 2007
true crime by andrew klavan, anything by jeffrey deaver. y'all know bout the bone collector. anything ludlum wrote before he died apart from matarese countdown-big disappointment.
Re: Novels U'll Like To See In The Movies. by okeyz(m): 5:15pm On Nov 27, 2007
the altman code - robert ludlum
deception point - dan brown VERY GOOD!
KEY TO MIDNIGHT - DEAN KOOTZ
MATARESE COUNTDOWN - LUDLUM
APOCALYPSE NOW - LUDLUM
Re: Novels U'll Like To See In The Movies. by MoOdYLaDy(f): 5:17pm On Nov 27, 2007
I will love to see all Zane book collections in the movies
Re: Novels U'll Like To See In The Movies. by lorebobo(f): 8:00pm On Nov 27, 2007
tommyex, i feel you. the painted house by john grisham is really boring but all his other books are excellent. try innocent man, street lawyer, the firm, the chamber, and a host of others. you wont regret it.
Re: Novels U'll Like To See In The Movies. by sweeten: 3:00pm On Nov 28, 2007
i will be too glad to see the following novels transform to a film but with very good director and artists

The firm by John Grisham
tell me your dreams by Sidney Sheldon
the otherside of midnight by Sidney Sheldon
in short all Sidney Sheldon's novel will be fine by me
Re: Novels U'll Like To See In The Movies. by tommyex(m): 5:48pm On Nov 28, 2007
Lorebobo

yea i have read them except for STREET LAWYER,is it worth a buy??

I really havnt watched any SHELDON-BOOK film,can any1 help me out with the name of a recent 1??
Re: Novels U'll Like To See In The Movies. by qutebloke1(m): 8:53pm On Nov 28, 2007
Is it that everybody has forgotten about James Hardley Chase or that nobody reads his novels anylonger?
My earliest novels were written by him and i would really love to see some of them in movies. my best titles include:
[color=#000099][/color][size=10pt][/size]
Miss Shumway waves a wand
whats better than money
an ear to the ground
sucker punch
the vic malloy series,&
malik and gerland series.
Re: Novels U'll Like To See In The Movies. by goldchild: 4:28am On Nov 30, 2007
I actually have my own novel the title GOLDCHILD,very unique in the sense of its contents,it is a fusion of a Nigerian society with fictional mythical characters,a story about two different worlds being told as one,it potrays a strong imaginative undertone.A refreshing new phenomenon in Nigerian literature.
I sure hope there are producers with the capability of reenacting the various scenes with the required background and special effects(there would be need for animations in certain areas)
Anywayz here my nos in-case u might want to have a free preview of my novel
better still my yahoo id ekeobianyor@yahoo.com
Re: Novels U'll Like To See In The Movies. by cabali(m): 7:48am On Nov 30, 2007
I'd like, very much to see CHIKE AND THE RIVER by chinua achebe
Re: Novels U'll Like To See In The Movies. by PoDeep(m): 10:20am On Nov 30, 2007
Chinua Achebe's No longer at ease would be really cool.
The concubine is boring.
Danielle steel's The Long Road Home.
Sheldon's Morning, Noon and night would make a good soap opera/series.
Re: Novels U'll Like To See In The Movies. by bgees(m): 6:34pm On Nov 30, 2007
@po_deep,
u find the 'concubine' boring?

I'd like to see eric lustbader's 'french kiss'.
Re: Novels U'll Like To See In The Movies. by PoDeep(m): 7:16pm On Nov 30, 2007
Yeah its boring, not catchy, stereo-type nollywood shit. Feel me?
Re: Novels U'll Like To See In The Movies. by bgees(m): 8:38pm On Nov 30, 2007
Yeah, right,d concubine truly reads like a typical nollywd story.
As anybody read eric lustbader's french kiss.
Re: Novels U'll Like To See In The Movies. by lorebobo(f): 8:09pm On Dec 02, 2007
tommyex,

john grisham's ' a time to kill ' is da bomb and you can also watch 'the firm' and 'the chamber'(not too sure about this one, though).

'street lawyer' was interesting to me. its about a lawyer who decided to do pro-bono work. i loved it. just try it and see.

has anyone read kaine agary's 'yellow yellow', jude dibia's 'unbridled' and chimamanda's 'half of a yellow sun'? are they interesting? purple hibiscus was ok but you need a lot of patience to read it.

if you can read purple hibiscus, then, you can read 'the icharus girl' (cant remember the author). didnt finish it but it was captivating.
Re: Novels U'll Like To See In The Movies. by djl(m): 1:27pm On Dec 03, 2007
A nigerian novel titled 'The New Man'
Re: Novels U'll Like To See In The Movies. by finicky(m): 1:15pm On Dec 05, 2007
lorebobo:

tommyex,

has anyone read kaine agary's 'yellow yellow', jude dibia's 'unbridled' and chimamanda's 'half of a yellow sun'? are they interesting? purple hibiscus was ok but you need a lot of patience to read it.

if you can read purple hibiscus, then, you can read 'the icharus girl' (can't remember the author). didnt finish it but it was captivating.

Half of a yellow sun is good [biafra stuff] but u might need some patience also, but chimamanda obviously has very good characters and a good plot also.
Re: Novels U'll Like To See In The Movies. by Azanor(m): 3:19pm On Dec 06, 2007
just finished reading book three of Stephen King's Dark Tower Books, i think they will make a good set of movies
Re: Novels U'll Like To See In The Movies. by dk4justice(m): 7:01pm On Dec 06, 2007
Well i will like to see Come easy go easy & well now my pretty, James Hardly chase
Re: Novels U'll Like To See In The Movies. by bgees(m): 5:32pm On Aug 02, 2009
the family by mario puzo.

cathedral by nelson demille
Re: Novels U'll Like To See In The Movies. by Fiona0007: 8:54pm On Aug 02, 2009
Whenever I read a good book I only wish it won't turn into a movie.
Same with my favourite musicals.
Re: Novels U'll Like To See In The Movies. by grafikdon: 12:57am On Aug 03, 2009
Death Comes as the End - Agatha Christie
7th Scroll - Wilbur Smith
Lord of the Flies - William Golding (heard there's a movie but I am not sure)
Sorrows of Satan - Marie Corelli
The Great Ponds - Elechi Amadi
The Vulture is a Patient Bird - James Hadley Chase
Make the Corpse Walk - James Hadley Chase
Figure it Out for Yourself - James Hadley Chase
Mission to Venice - JHC
Believed Violent - JHC
Things Men Do - JHC
The Mayor of Caster bridge - Thomas harding
The Bride Price - Buchi Emecheta
The World in My Pocket - JHC
Mark of the Cobra (Jack Abani grin grin) - Valentine Alily (Pacesetters series)
Women for sale - J. Magnut (Pacesetters)
Black Temple - M.A Rahat (Pacesetters)
Juo Obinna - Tony Ubesie

If I could see these books (And many more too numerous to mention) on the big screen, or small screen (DVD grin) I'd die a happy man. . . assuming some overzealous director didn't cross more lines than necessary.
Re: Novels U'll Like To See In The Movies. by Sexyreney: 10:25pm On Aug 07, 2009
Hey guyz,am new here!
Dnt blame me 4 dis sha bt i wnt 2 c al of dm,i jst LUV dm
all Mary higgins clark
digital fortres by dan brown sinc iv sin d oda 2
all john grisham esp d partner n pelican brief
house of thunder by dean koontz
total control by john baldacci
all tami hoag
buick 8 by steven king
al john cleese,al tom clancy,d accident by daniel steel,al sidney sheldon.I tink i shuld stp her 4 nw.
Re: Novels U'll Like To See In The Movies. by Memunah(f): 9:39am On Aug 10, 2009
Cullen's bride by FIONA BRAND
ALL HARDELY CHASE NOVELS(Luv dem die)
Re: Novels U'll Like To See In The Movies. by tpiaP: 8:57pm On Jan 17, 2015
lorebobo:
has anyone read kaine agary's 'yellow yellow'

I'm yet to read it, will try to do so sha

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

We're Can I Download Compressed Tv Series / #bbnaija: Gedoni And Kim Knew Each Other Before The House (throwback Photo) / Honey, Save D Last Dance Or Step Up, Which Is Ur Favourite Movie & Why ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.