Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,689 members, 7,805,835 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:03 AM

Honda Accord Gear Box Problems - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Honda Accord Gear Box Problems (8022 Views)

Preventive Maintance Tips : Automatic Gear Box / 2003 Accord Gear Stick Needed Urgently / Help! Honda Accord Gear Problem. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Honda Accord Gear Box Problems by DrNeoCortex(m): 6:04pm On Aug 20, 2011
Dear All,

My name is Damola and I live in Abuja. I recently bought a 2004 Honda Accord Ex v6 and just under the two months of usage the gear box has packed up. I kindly need assistance on how I can get a good gear box in Abuja/Lagos for about N130k-N150k as the prices i have been getting are ridiculous. I am yet to recover from the cost of this car, hence another expense. Kindly assist. My number is 08036359691. The car has been ridden at the workshop for over 3weeks now.
Re: Honda Accord Gear Box Problems by eddy42k(m): 7:45pm On Aug 20, 2011
gosh sorry bro its prety painful but i can guaranteed u ,u dont need to buy a new gearbox ,ur old one will be perfected,,call EDLINE AUTOS on 08036310087
Re: Honda Accord Gear Box Problems by DrNeoCortex(m): 8:07pm On Aug 20, 2011
Mr. Eddy are you in Abuja?
Re: Honda Accord Gear Box Problems by baconline(m): 8:32pm On Aug 20, 2011
go to ladipo,but still there is no grarantee,best bet is to get it from the US(only then will u be rest assured)
Re: Honda Accord Gear Box Problems by dandollar1: 10:27pm On Aug 20, 2011
DrNeoCortex:

Dear All,

My name is Damola and I live in Abuja. I recently bought a 2004 Honda Accord Ex v6 and just under the two months of usage the gear box has packed up. I kindly need assistance on how I can get a good gear box in Abuja/Lagos for about N130k-N150k as the prices i have been getting are ridiculous. I am yet to recover from the cost of this car, hence another expense. Kindly assist. My number is 08036359691. The car has been ridden at the workshop for over 3weeks now.
this gearbox problem has been reported severally in honda EOD,and I was thinking of getting one soon.is it peculiar to honda or occur in other brands too?
Re: Honda Accord Gear Box Problems by kruku: 10:47pm On Aug 20, 2011
its a pity some of our car importers because of their selfish interest buy any type of vehicle without looking at the mileage. the more the mileage the more the likelyhood that the buyer is buying coffin. Guys, take advantage of the VIN offer and obtain the age /history of the vehicle you are buying. " it may be very neat and cold cold AC" but lifeless. if it is worth having, then pay the cash. it is better to be naifa wise and kobo foolish.
I will use this opportunity to propose a motion that all Nairaland advertised vehicle must have thier VIN declared by the seller.
Re: Honda Accord Gear Box Problems by eddy42k(m): 11:29pm On Aug 20, 2011
we are based in lagos. but can come down to abuja for the repair if you dont mind, this is full guarantee for you money
Re: Honda Accord Gear Box Problems by aburymes: 12:28am On Aug 21, 2011
One of the probs we have is that a lot of us motor users really know so little about our automobiles.
Transmission( gear box) is not a part of the engine dat develops faults easily and wen you think it does, get a diagnostics done on the automobile.
It is sad dat we have been reduced to what we are right now by trial and error mechs irrespective of our educational/technical know- how so to speak.
Pls Dammy, take d car away 4rm wherever shop it is, get a good diagnostics done on it with reference to the Brain box ( Transmission Control Unit) and if d mech hasnt tampered wit d Gear box, there's still hope 4 u.
When d TCU is faulty, it completely disrupt the functionality of ur gear box has regads to it working properly.
Avoid panicking, wen stuff like this happens and stay blessed too.
Send me a mail 2:aburymes@gmail.com and i'll explain a bit better for you b4 u take any other step.

2 Likes

Re: Honda Accord Gear Box Problems by DrNeoCortex(m): 5:01pm On Aug 21, 2011
If anyone can kindly assist with the phone number of a Honda accord gear box dealer in Ladipo cos the price in Abuja here is like 200k which i don't have. I'm considering selling off the car as it seems to be back to square one. Toyota would never make a lousy car like that
Re: Honda Accord Gear Box Problems by aburymes: 1:52pm On Aug 22, 2011
Dammy, pls do not rite off ur car yet as u av jst been unfortunate wit the mechs.

I sent u some things to do/check on ur vehicle before any other step will be taken.

Start from there n get to me via dis medium or d email i sent to u.

I'll check for the gear box n brain box 4 u in the meantime.

Cheers n stop worrying.
Re: Honda Accord Gear Box Problems by Gearmasterno1: 4:39pm On Nov 28, 2011
Call dis number now and ask or tell us your GEAR PROBLEMS FOR SOLUTION OR ADVISE

Mr. Gani 08023245831

our workshop is @ allen opebi link underbridge
Re: Honda Accord Gear Box Problems by hidee20(m): 10:12pm On May 26, 2019
DrNeoCortex:
If anyone can kindly assist with the phone number of a Honda accord gear box dealer in Ladipo cos the price in Abuja here is like 200k which i don't have. I'm considering selling off the car as it seems to be back to square one. Toyota would never make a lousy car like that

Hello DeNeoCortex,please I would like to know what was done to fix this issue and if you had any reoccurring issue with the car.Thanks.
Re: Honda Accord Gear Box Problems by ruby360: 10:39am On May 27, 2019
DrNeoCortex:
Dear All,

My name is Damola and I live in Abuja. I recently bought a 2004 Honda Accord Ex v6 and just under the two months of usage the gear box has packed up. I kindly need assistance on how I can get a good gear box in Abuja/Lagos for about N130k-N150k as the prices i have been getting are ridiculous. I am yet to recover from the cost of this car, hence another expense.

Kindly assist. My number is 08036359691. The car has been ridden at the workshop for over 3weeks now.

Hi Damola,

I think your mechanic ripped you off. It's a faulty gearbox was installed for you or the wrong oil was used.

Make sure you use the recommended oil from Honda. Check online for your model and year. Buy it yourself and watch as they empty it into your transmission. Honda doesn't tolerate any fake transmission oil.

Good luck

(1) (Reply)

My Rx 300 Develop A Problem. Pls Help / Tale Signs You Have A Worn Out Clutch Plate / How Much Does Your Mechanic Charge You ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.