Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,472 members, 7,808,702 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:39 PM

Is A Blackberry Better? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Is A Blackberry Better? (12751 Views)

Do You Own A Blackberry Passport? Tell Us Why You Love It! / Win A Blackberry Q10 For Only Downloading Or Updating Opera Mini / How Much Is A Blackberry Bold 2 At Slot Presently? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is A Blackberry Better? by charity00: 2:05am On Aug 21, 2011
Found a Samsung overseas, unlocked quad band. Not for business really just for calls, Internet and Facebook. Friend insist the blackberry has "special features" for Internet, Yahoo, and Facebook that a Samsung doesn't have.

I think the only "special feature" it has is that the blackberry is a status symbol that you can show off to your friends.

Who's right?
Re: Is A Blackberry Better? by ragdollz: 3:00am On Aug 21, 2011
Blackberry is better. Like, seriously, you need to ask?? It's unless you're not ready to enjoy the Blackberry the way it was meant to be. With the right additional apps, you're unstoppable on your Blackberry. The qwerty keyboard, the music player, camera, word-to-go which helps you prepare docs etc.
Re: Is A Blackberry Better? by odumchi: 4:33am On Aug 21, 2011
It depends. Over here, blackberry is getting old and phased out and us being replaced by newer touch screen smart phones. Blackberries replaced sidekicks, touch-screen smartphones replace blackberry. But it all depends on what you like, if you're looking for a new hot phone you should step aside from blackberry but if you really like it then go ahead.
Re: Is A Blackberry Better? by N101: 4:46pm On Aug 21, 2011
charity00:

Found a Samsung overseas, unlocked quad band. Not for business really just for calls, Internet and Facebook. Friend insist the blackberry has "special features" for Internet, Yahoo, and Facebook that a Samsung doesn't have.

I think the only  "special feature" it has is that the blackberry is a status symbol that you can show off to your friends.

Who's right?

How "special" are these special features on the Blackberry that you haven't got on the Samsung you have?  I'm sure the people who are saying this own a Blackberry and not any other phone. My Nokia can do Yahoo, Facebook and the Internet, as can my Android phone.
Re: Is A Blackberry Better? by candylips(m): 5:06pm On Aug 21, 2011
Iphone is better
Re: Is A Blackberry Better? by Debroslink: 5:11pm On Aug 21, 2011
NOKIA SYMBIAN ^3 JOOR

1 Like

Re: Is A Blackberry Better? by ogbongzky(m): 5:13pm On Aug 21, 2011
get yourself Samsun galaxy S and you will love it mehnnn, Android based Samsung phones are good and you can even ping with friends using android, Blackberry, iPhone and iPad using LiveProfile.
Re: Is A Blackberry Better? by dkc(m): 5:14pm On Aug 21, 2011
honestly. i dnt c wht's so unique in a bb, d ping it makes in a colleagues' phone every moment puts me off balance, i wonder hw he sleeps it. i think it's meant for the chat freaks.[color=#770077][/color]
Re: Is A Blackberry Better? by Princek12(m): 5:22pm On Aug 21, 2011
Blackberry has lost its dominance in the U.S. market, trailing the Iphone and the Droid platforms, which is the number one system in Yankee. That aside, Blackberry phones are built better than Samsung phones and the user experience is much better (as to the craftsmanship and ease of use). But I think the droid platform has more features and is more exciting than Blackberry, which is considered boring and archaic.

Blackberry responded to this concern by releasing the Blackberry Torch 9860/9850, which is supposed to help blackberry regain (or at least recapture some of) its lost market share. I think it is a little to late in Yankee, particularly considering the fact that Google, which owns the Android system, recently acquired Motorola Mobility. This means that google now controls the Android system and the cell phone division of Motorola, adding more power to a powerhouse.
Re: Is A Blackberry Better? by newman10(m): 5:24pm On Aug 21, 2011
And how is this supposed τ̅☺ be on the front page angry
Re: Is A Blackberry Better? by REPSNIG: 5:26pm On Aug 21, 2011
BELIEVE ME BB IS C.RAP COMPARED TO THIS NOKIA SYMBIAN DEVICE.

THIS DEVICE IS THE MOST SUPERIOR FONE IN THE WORLD TODAY.

IY CAN DO [size=16pt]EVERYTHING [/size] BB CAN DO, AND SOOOOOOOO MUCH MORE!

Re: Is A Blackberry Better? by ektbear: 5:31pm On Aug 21, 2011
ogbongzky:

get yourself Samsun galaxy S and you will love it mehnnn, Android based Samsung phones are good and you can even ping with friends using android, Blackberry, iPhone and iPad using LiveProfile.

Yep, my sis has a galaxy. She loves it. Battery runs out quickly though.
Re: Is A Blackberry Better? by hajifaty: 5:32pm On Aug 21, 2011
BB is crap if you compare it with samsung galaxy tap,samsung smart phones and HTC smart phones. Iphones are the biggest craps
Re: Is A Blackberry Better? by benzion72(m): 5:35pm On Aug 21, 2011
BB may be a crap to some guys out there. But let put prejudice aside it is one of the best phone I ever used. Though my BB can not do my Nokia N900 meamo platform phone. But Samsong does not have finesse. I have never being able to use Samsung as a modem, The Desktop manager is also a wash out.
Re: Is A Blackberry Better? by hajifaty: 5:44pm On Aug 21, 2011
Yep, my sis has a galaxy. She loves it. Battery runs out quickly though.
[quote][/quote]

galaxy tab battery do not runs out quickly but hTC does. HTC needs to find solution to the battery issues. I am using both and I love dem compare to ipad and iphones
Re: Is A Blackberry Better? by tjtough: 5:46pm On Aug 21, 2011
i don't know much about BB but am enjoying my samsung, has several apps like weather forecast in addition to internet
Re: Is A Blackberry Better? by Nobody: 5:48pm On Aug 21, 2011
Bro. I have no idea where you live but out here in Europe, nobody uses a blackberry phone or even knows where they sell one simply because blackberry phones are rocking pretty old techs and cannot compete anymore with the iPhone and Android Smartphones. I would advice you to go for an Android phone and if you do, please stay away from Samsung phones because their hardware is utter crap decked with plastic cover. I use an HTC Desire HD (check it out) and that phone is a beast, with a snapdragon processor, mature look and some of the best interface on a mobile platform that i have ever seen,so i would advice you to get an HTC Phone. If the Desire HD is too costly for you, you might wanna check out the new smaller Desire S, crazy phone i tell you.

About apps, whoever tells you that a blackberry has more apps than the iOS (iPhone) or Android OS is a straight up clown or has no internet to keep himself up to date. Get an Android Phone and go to the android marketplace to get yourself overwhelmed by the number of apps that are there and most of them are free. There is an app for virtually anything you want (even ones that let you point your phone camera skywards and get detailed information on every airplane that is flying through at that moment, even ones hidden behind the clouds). So i would advice you pick up an android phone.

Then again, if you are in Nigeria, you might want to join others in acquiring a blackberry phone, so that your status would magically be upgraded, lol.

1 Like

Re: Is A Blackberry Better? by Excelboi(m): 5:50pm On Aug 21, 2011
Hehehe, my Nokia symbian forever!Nokia E5 continue joooor
Re: Is A Blackberry Better? by reindeer: 6:05pm On Aug 21, 2011
Guy
Do your own research, people will always speak from their prejudice. Someone even said blackberry is out of fashion in Europe grin grin grin
While phone companies carphone warehouse and Phones4u sell loads by the day.
At the end of the day, it boils down to what you love. Most Nigerians are swinging against blackberry because it became ''common'' and a status symbol at a time.That does not detract from its usefulness. Android phones are all good, same with galaxy tab. Walk into a honest sales shop and tell them your need and they'll be bale to help you decide.
Best wishes.
Re: Is A Blackberry Better? by hajifaty: 6:05pm On Aug 21, 2011
Bandit C.:

Then again, if you are in Nigeria, you might want to join others in acquiring a blackberry phone, so that your status would magically be upgraded, lol.

Well said bro. If you are not using BB in naija then you are out the game. There was a movie called BB babes. I wonder how nigerians were feeling when bread and butter were introduced to the national food table
Re: Is A Blackberry Better? by proffmanue(m): 6:05pm On Aug 21, 2011
Naija too like BB. BB na old sch for Europe. pls go for the latest in technology market.
Re: Is A Blackberry Better? by Vindy: 6:09pm On Aug 21, 2011
Please how can i pink using the android live profile. im using the galaxy s. samsung.
Re: Is A Blackberry Better? by NaijaNaWaa: 6:17pm On Aug 21, 2011
bb is a child's toy. d more i see it in the hands of school children the more i hate it. if you want to turn heads, get yourself samsung galaxy SII, arguably the dopest handset now. bb is pure crappy old antequated piece of crap.
Re: Is A Blackberry Better? by dejavume: 6:25pm On Aug 21, 2011
BB is shit! It can easily be hacked! If nigerian govt wakes up one day,and want to know who is who on BB,its very easy.Ask them in Qatar,Dubai and Saudi Arabia.Less people are using BB has no more privacy like other phones.
SAMSUNG JHOOOORRRR
Re: Is A Blackberry Better? by Bayils(m): 6:48pm On Aug 21, 2011
@ALL check this topic https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-741197.0.html#msg8974425 and post a reply i strongly need your help
Re: Is A Blackberry Better? by bayulll01(m): 7:11pm On Aug 21, 2011
nokia all d way
Re: Is A Blackberry Better? by o2dlomez(m): 7:12pm On Aug 21, 2011
[size=15pt][color=#000099][/color]Blackeberry is like a cult, you just get carried away but it still kips you intouch, depends on what you want to do, it all boils down to you, if you want to have a phone you check last before bed and first as you wake up, then get a blackberry, hopefully i will be leaving them soon cheesy cheesy cheesy[/size]
Re: Is A Blackberry Better? by owobokiri(m): 7:14pm On Aug 21, 2011
Nokia has got some TOP quality products these days. Unfortunately, their advertisement is not up to scratch.
Re: Is A Blackberry Better? by MissEZ(f): 7:16pm On Aug 21, 2011
BB is a fruit, i still dont get why it is so popular in naija
Re: Is A Blackberry Better? by unphilaz(m): 7:17pm On Aug 21, 2011
in my view, in considering which to go 4, also consider convenience and security
Re: Is A Blackberry Better? by dipo1: 7:23pm On Aug 21, 2011
dejavume:

BB is poo! It can easily be hacked! If nigerian govt wakes up one day,and want to know who is who on BB,its very easy.Ask them in Qatar,Dubai and Saudi Arabia.Less people are using BB has no more privacy like other phones.
SAMSUNG JHOOOORRRR

RUBBISH!

Where have you heard of a bb hacked? And what do you even know about 'hacking'? Blackberrys were banned in some countries because of it's data encryption feature. Date transmitted on a blackberry is encoded making it impossible to monitor potential threats to national security in form of terrorist communication.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Browse On Your Blackberry Phone. Without Bis / How To Use Your Phone As DSTV Remote Control Or Replacement / Whatsapp On BB Without BIS Using MTN Sim

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.