Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,180 members, 7,807,576 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:35 PM

Fg Moves To Unveil Economic Blueprint - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fg Moves To Unveil Economic Blueprint (1534 Views)

FG Moves To Secure List Of Properties Owned By Nigerians In Dubai / FG Moves To Reduce Trucking Of Petroleum Products / FG Moves To Check Fulani Herdsmen, Farmers Clashes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fg Moves To Unveil Economic Blueprint by Beaf: 10:05pm On Aug 21, 2011
[size=14pt]FG Moves to Unveil Economic Blueprint[/size]
By Ndubuisi Francis
21 Aug 2011

A new economic blueprint to drive President Goodluck Jonathan’s avowed transformation agenda is to be unfolded this week by the Minister of Finance, Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala.

THISDAY learnt that the minister was meant to unveil the blueprint last Thursday during her maiden press conference but had to call it off a few hours to the event to review one or two issues in the document with the presidency before it is made public.

Articulating the blueprint, which is considered a radical approach to putting the economy on a sound footing, was one of the activities that had engaged the minister’s attention prior to her inauguration last Wednesday by Jonathan.

Although details of the blueprint remain under wraps, sources said Jonathan had given a hint of what is incorporated in the document during last Friday’s inauguration of the 24-member Economic Management Team.

He had said on the occasion that the team, which has Okonjo-Iweala as the coordinating minister for the economy, has the task of giving Nigeria “greater fiscal discipline, a continuously improved framework to support local and international investors, and effective macroeconomic and monetary policies.”

The president’s inauguration of the Committee on the Restructuring and Rationalisation of Federal Government Parastatals and Agencies is also an indication that the blueprint is one that has taken into consideration, reports and recommendations of various committees and bodies on how to cut down the unwieldy recurrent expenditure, which Okonjo-Iweala has consistently bemoaned.
The president at last Friday’s inauguration had tasked the economic management team to “fast-track the implementation of the medium term plan in line with our commitment to the realisation of the Vision 2020 aspirations.

“Our people want to see improvements not only in terms of reduced inflation, higher economic growth and economic diversification but also in job creation, better school enrolment, improved access to health care and a more sustainable environment.
“They want regular and sustainable electricity supply, higher purchasing power, social infrastructure, and in every sense, this is all about the economy.”
Membership of the body includes Jonathan as chairman; Vice President Namadi Sambo, as vice chairman; Okonjo-Iweala and two governors - Peter Obi of Anambra State (Honorary Presidential Adviser on Finance) and Murtala Nyako of Adamawa (Honorary Presidential Adviser on Agriculture).

The Ministers of National Planning, Trade and Investment, Power, Petroleum Resources, Agriculture, Works, Education, Health, State for Finance and Health are also members of the team.

Others are the Central Bank of Nigeria governor; the President’s Chief Economic Adviser, Special Adviser on Performance, Monitoring and Evaluation, Directors Generals of the Budget, Debt Management Office, Bureau for Public Enterprises, Infrastructure Concession and Regulatory Commission as well as the President of the Nigerian Economic Society (who is Honorary Adviser on Economy) and Mr. Atedo Peterside

Four new members who were added last Friday include cement entrepreneur Aliko Dangote; managing director of Access Bank Plc, Aigboje Aig-Imoukhuede, chairman of the Federal Inland Revenue Service, Mrs. Ifueko Omoigui-Okauru and president of Manufacturers Association of Nigeria, Kola Jamodu.

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/fg-moves-to-unveil-economic-blueprint/96812/
Re: Fg Moves To Unveil Economic Blueprint by aljharem3: 10:09pm On Aug 21, 2011
Our people want to see improvements not only in terms of reduced inflation, higher economic growth and economic diversification but also in job creation, better school enrolment, improved access to health care and a more sustainable environment.
“They want regular and sustainable electricity supply, higher purchasing power, social infrastructure, and in every sense, this is all about the economy.”

if they know this then what are they waiting for ?

I pray God gives Jonathan the wisdom and strength to turn this country around towards the right path.
Re: Fg Moves To Unveil Economic Blueprint by Ufeolorun(m): 10:19pm On Aug 21, 2011
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy   
Adimeru has got a plan,'wonlaful'!
Re: Fg Moves To Unveil Economic Blueprint by Beaf: 10:22pm On Aug 21, 2011
alj_harem:

I pray God gives Jonathan the wisdom and strength to turn this country around towards the right path.

Amen. I have every faith that Nigeria is finally on the path to change.
Re: Fg Moves To Unveil Economic Blueprint by OAM4J: 11:09pm On Aug 21, 2011
Am not excited with just blueprints, what has happened to the power roadmap?

What i want to hear are key projects taking off, completed and commissioned.
Re: Fg Moves To Unveil Economic Blueprint by EkoIle1: 11:51pm On Aug 21, 2011
Odechukwu is really aimless. Where are you going without first fighting corruption? Is corruption not whats killing the economy?

Where is the corruption blueprint?
Re: Fg Moves To Unveil Economic Blueprint by Johndoe100(m): 12:06am On Aug 22, 2011
alj_harem:

The transformation train has left the station. Keep watching you will see it in action.
Re: Fg Moves To Unveil Economic Blueprint by Fhemmmy: 2:20am On Aug 22, 2011
Tell them to define Blueprint
Re: Fg Moves To Unveil Economic Blueprint by Thatdave(m): 2:25am On Aug 22, 2011
Fhemmmy:

please google it.
Re: Fg Moves To Unveil Economic Blueprint by manny4life(m): 2:40am On Aug 22, 2011
Eko Ile:

Odechukwu is really aimless. Where are you going without first fighting corruption? Is corruption not whats killing the economy?

Where is the corruption blueprint?

You're so quick to condemn anything good without first seeing the contents before criticism; quite typical of someone your kind. How certain are you  the blueprint doesn't cover economic woes and corruption and how to combat it? Besides, does everything have to be made public? Whatever happened to having secret clearance to have access to classified information, because I think that's what you will need (confidential will suffice) if u want to know what the corruption blueprint is.
Re: Fg Moves To Unveil Economic Blueprint by juman(m): 2:41am On Aug 22, 2011
Fhemmmy:

Blueprint = print that is blue. grin
Re: Fg Moves To Unveil Economic Blueprint by EkoIle1: 3:00am On Aug 22, 2011
manny4life:

You're so quick to condemn anything good without first seeing the contents before criticism; quite typical of someone your kind. How certain are you  the blueprint doesn't cover economic woes and corruption and how to combat it? Besides, does everything have to be made public? Whatever happened to having secret clearance to have access to classified information, because I think that's what you will need (confidential will suffice) if u want to know what the corruption blueprint is.

I know you enjoy chasing me around like fahg, but I'm not man-lover.

Until you are able to show us what this man and his anti corruption agencies have done to fight corruption or show us any anti corruption policy or blueprint or even anything on the article you are insanely spinning around to display your idiocy and ignorance, shut your damn mouth and quit quoting me with your mindless nonsense.
Re: Fg Moves To Unveil Economic Blueprint by musiwa48: 3:03am On Aug 22, 2011
see

Re: Fg Moves To Unveil Economic Blueprint by manny4life(m): 3:31am On Aug 22, 2011
Eko Ile:

I know you enjoy chasing me around like fahg, but I'm not man-lover.

Until you are able to show us what this man and his anti corruption agencies have done to fight corruption or show us any anti corruption policy or blueprint or even anything on the article you are insanely spinning around to display your idiocy and ignorance, shut your damn mouth and quit quoting me with your mindless nonsense.

Chasing you? lol, have u ever seen a f/a/g living in a mansion going after a troll who lives in a detached house, Just because we argue on NL doesn't me we don't have different class and taste. Trust me, even if I was a f/a/g, definitely not an old troll, food for thought, quit the b/i/t/c/h . I was trying to call u to order but certainly not worth it, deuces
Re: Fg Moves To Unveil Economic Blueprint by EkoIle1: 4:03am On Aug 22, 2011
manny4life:

Chasing you? lol, have u ever seen a f/a/g living in a mansion going after a troll who lives in a detached house, Just because we argue on NL doesn't me we don't have different class and taste. Trust me, even if I was a f/a/g, definitely not an old troll, food for thought, quit the b/i/t/c/h . I was trying to call u to order but certainly not worth it, deuces

I really was expecting you to defend your mindless assertions or at least answer the questions I asked you regarding the same dum.b assertions, not to come up with the same irrelevant gutter trash you spew all the time.

Obviously and like I said, you get your jolly on by chasing me around NL. I don't do men you low life fahg.
Re: Fg Moves To Unveil Economic Blueprint by Nobody: 4:10am On Aug 22, 2011
WOW, MUSIWA YOU ARE REALLY SMART AND U ARE SO PASSIONATE TO SHOW YOUR EXTENDED BRAIN CELLS, YOU'LL PROBABLY GO TO HAVARD AND SHOW THEM THE SMART WAY TO WIPE THEIR ARSE, grin grin grin
Re: Fg Moves To Unveil Economic Blueprint by Nobody: 4:20am On Aug 22, 2011
IF GOODLUCK HAS A GOOD PLAN, LET HIM IMPLEMENT IT, ALL THESE STUPID,NEGATIVE, TRIBALISTIC NAIRALANDERS WHO ARE ONLY COMPLAINING BECAUSE THE PRESIDENT IS NOT FROM THEIR TRIBE SHOULD SHUT UP AND LET THE MAN DO HIS 4 YR THEN WE CAN ALL JUDGE HIM THEN, BTW 95% OF NL IF GIVEN THE OPPORTUNITY TO RULE THIS COUNTRY WILL SEND US ALL TO HELL WITH THEIR IGNORANCE AND TRIBALISTIC APPROACH TO EVERYTHING,
Re: Fg Moves To Unveil Economic Blueprint by marcus1234: 9:15am On Aug 22, 2011
Re: Fg Moves To Unveil Economic Blueprint by mrjingles(m): 10:38am On Aug 22, 2011
musiwa.,.:

see

My friend your english is so brutally bad and your facts so violently wrong that am really worried about you.
Re: Fg Moves To Unveil Economic Blueprint by LoveKing(m): 10:49am On Aug 22, 2011
[size=18pt]All we dey hear na 'Set up Committee upon Committee'

Even the yeye op dey happy sey dem 'Move to Unveil Blueprint', what about 'unveiling it' without the 'Move'

Na promises we go chop? Where is the radical change? nothing is happening in the streets oh! people dey vex!!!![/size]
Re: Fg Moves To Unveil Economic Blueprint by mrjingles(m): 10:55am On Aug 22, 2011
^^ make una no vex, running a country is not like operating a fan ice bicycle. It takes time to see dividends make we wait small, in the mean time we should all make ourselves useful.
Re: Fg Moves To Unveil Economic Blueprint by Demdem(m): 11:11am On Aug 22, 2011
we have never lacked plans/blueprints in this nation. infact i am quite sure that far more better plans than the one to be unveiled would have been revealed before now. all we all want is implementation.
my desire is to see the results first before even knowing (govt telling the public) that there is a plan on ground.
More action, less talk.
Re: Fg Moves To Unveil Economic Blueprint by gists: 11:12am On Aug 22, 2011
No be only Blueprint, what about green and whiteprints. We've had enof of blueprints, roadmaps etc

OAM4J:

What i want to hear are key projects taking off, completed and commissioned.

I wonder why they just can't do the above bolded words
Re: Fg Moves To Unveil Economic Blueprint by hakanai(m): 11:29am On Aug 22, 2011
alj_harem:

Insha Allah,Amin!! The country has suffered enough.We don't care who or what just make it happen.
Re: Fg Moves To Unveil Economic Blueprint by cold(m): 12:01pm On Aug 22, 2011
Na wa o!Another administration,another 'vision',another 'agenda',another 'blueprint'.Oga o!
Re: Fg Moves To Unveil Economic Blueprint by Kx: 12:03pm On Aug 22, 2011
Everthing was waiting for Okonji Iweala.
is 2015 not coming rather too fast?
Re: Fg Moves To Unveil Economic Blueprint by philip0906(m): 12:10pm On Aug 22, 2011
blueprint,red print,black print or whatever. . .oga jona,GIVE US LIGHT undecided
Re: Fg Moves To Unveil Economic Blueprint by Nobody: 9:39am On Aug 23, 2011
I reserve my comment until the blueprint is released.
Re: Fg Moves To Unveil Economic Blueprint by blacksta(m): 9:50am On Aug 23, 2011
Abeg add this one to the trash site of blueprints - what ever happened to vision 202020 , obj's Needs blueprint, Food for all and the other nonsense. What we lack is simply the initiative to bring these ideas to fruition

(1) (Reply)

70% Northern Leaders Support Boko Haram-Sara-Igbe From Rivers State / Confirmed: Dr Emmanuel Ewetan Uduaghan Is An Election Fraudster, Rigger, Result / Ghana, Benin, SA, Kenya, Ethiopia, Senegal... Beat Nigeria In Global Biz Rating!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.