Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,296 members, 7,808,006 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:28 AM

Interested In Moderating This Section? - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Interested In Moderating This Section? (1611 Views)

No Adverts In This Section: You Will Be BANNED! / Please Help Me On This Section / Dos And Don'ts Of This Section (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Interested In Moderating This Section? by mukina2: 12:57am On Aug 22, 2011
Hello There,

Are you interested in Moderating this section?

You must be  an active member of this section of the forum.
Passion for this section  as in  Do you post here?
Spending enough time online every day to keep the section clean.
Knows, respects and Enforces The Rules of Nairaland.
ready to work with the other co-mods.
Someone who is consistent and if for any reason(s) they will not be available will let us know or makes necessary arrangements to keep the board going.

If you are interested please say  so on this thread.

Thanks
Mukina
Re: Interested In Moderating This Section? by MrGlobe(m): 7:09am On Aug 22, 2011
come seaun stop spamming this forum
Re: Interested In Moderating This Section? by dragnet: 12:14pm On Aug 22, 2011
i'm in. . .
Re: Interested In Moderating This Section? by honsule(m): 1:22pm On Aug 22, 2011
I am in too.MUkina2 take note
Re: Interested In Moderating This Section? by puskin: 8:34pm On Aug 23, 2011
huh. . . . . to moderate dis board. . . . na BAZUKAA person go use ohhhh!!!!!!!!!

Computer and Fone sections are just filled with stubborn spammers.
Re: Interested In Moderating This Section? by puskin: 8:36pm On Aug 23, 2011
dragnet:

i'm in. . .

. . . . . return of the DRAG . . . . .
Re: Interested In Moderating This Section? by puskin: 8:37pm On Aug 23, 2011
honsule:

. . . . . . go complete ur work for fone section joor. angry angry
Re: Interested In Moderating This Section? by dragnet: 9:12pm On Aug 23, 2011
puskin:

. . . . . return of the DRAG . . . . .
Lol. . . .sup?
Re: Interested In Moderating This Section? by skydancer: 1:52am On Aug 24, 2011
I am interested in moderating this section. . . Push my passion to help further. . But I don't completely understand 'ready to work with the other co-mods'. What type of work? And how? In terms of penalizing someone for instance (off-topic), how is it done? Does the user profiles have warning counters like in mybb forums? Or do you just keep track of who sinned and who didn't?

And about FBT, is FBT really banned on the forum? I've seen many users advertising FBT tricks everywhere even on their signatures, are they all supposed to be banned, Or do they have a chance to repent?
Re: Interested In Moderating This Section? by Nobody: 7:30pm On Aug 24, 2011
Hell yeah! I'll be glad to offer my service to Nairaland. grin
Re: Interested In Moderating This Section? by mukina2: 2:48pm On Aug 25, 2011
Thanks people.

keep em coming smiley

we'll start the selection stages soon

more interests are welcomed
Re: Interested In Moderating This Section? by jmaine: 11:44pm On Aug 26, 2011
honsule:

E be like say some kind stipend dey drop on top mod matter . . . . you don control phone section finish undecided . . .
Re: Interested In Moderating This Section? by surveycash(m): 9:32pm On Aug 27, 2011
Am interested,
Re: Interested In Moderating This Section? by puskin: 8:33am On Aug 28, 2011
^^. . . . go sit down joor.  shocked shocked shocked
Re: Interested In Moderating This Section? by Maleeq(m): 3:11pm On Aug 29, 2011
If I am the mod, I would have deleted the entries by Mr. Globe (Post not related to thread. Seun did not start this thread); puskin (Posts have element of sarcasm. We mean business here!), jmaine(Post has element of sarcasm. We mean business here!)

Computer section is/was my home.  Days gone by when posts had genuine requests/information within, where you learn from intelligent members, but now over-run by trolls and spammers. Bring back the days of good, I will. Grant me the mod status, and we shall have a sane section once more!
Re: Interested In Moderating This Section? by dragnet: 9:15pm On Aug 29, 2011
Maleeq:

If I am the mod, I would have deleted the entries by Mr. Globe (Post not related to thread. Seun did not start this thread); puskin (Posts have element of sarcasm. We mean business here!), jmaine(Post has element of sarcasm. We mean business here!)

Computer section is/was my home. Days gone by when posts had genuine requests/information within, where you learn from intelligent members, but now over-run by trolls and spammers. Bring back the days of good, I will. Grant me the mod status, and we shall have a sane section once more!
This is someone I can vouch for.
I've always wondered where u've been. . . Cant forget the fix you gave me back then for my desktop wink
Re: Interested In Moderating This Section? by puskin: 11:09pm On Aug 29, 2011
Maleeq:

Computer section is/was my home.  Days gone by when posts had genuine requests/information within, where you learn from intelligent members, but now over-run by trolls and spammers. Bring back the days of good, I will. Grant me the mod status, and we shall have a sane section once more!

. . . . .we were meaning biz till the birth of the spammers . . . .and to add a lil' humour, the show ur "Strictly Screen Shots thread" was born.

I agree some threads are not revelant. . . .but they add some humour.

. . . , and as for the element of sarcasm. . . .is all about humour, but if anybody's ego was hurt. . . . .I humbly APOLOGISE.
Re: Interested In Moderating This Section? by skydancer: 6:17am On Aug 30, 2011
Maleeq:

Are you culling your actions from the rules or are you making up your own rules? And I'm wondering why you didn't mention anything about dragnet's post:
dragnet:

Lol. . . .sup?
are your actions sentimental then, or is that relevant to the thread?

@puskin: Your posts are relevant as well as dragnet's.  They show your view/feedback on a person which I don't think is disallowed. The only post here that's not relevant is Mr. Globe's, he must have posted it in the wrong thread the way it looks, and it may not be hard to find the proper thread he was on to move the post.
Re: Interested In Moderating This Section? by VicMaxx: 5:19am On Aug 31, 2011
100 users can now share a single desktop computer, each of them working independently of the other, using our virtual desktops.
You save 95% on power consumption, cost, mobility and internet bandwidth.

Secure your computer, USB hard drive and flash drive with password security.

Get training and materials to earn international certification from Microsoft, Cisco, Comptia. etc.

Get serial keys, product keys and cracks from us to unlock the full version of any software that asks you for product key or product registration.

Check out VICMAXX Concept on facebook and see our info for more exciting offers.

VicMaxx Concepts- 07032046840, 07056692315, vmconcept@yahoo.com
Re: Interested In Moderating This Section? by puskin: 8:39pm On Aug 31, 2011
VicMaxx:

100 users can now share a single desktop computer, each of them working independently of the other, using our virtual desktops.
You save 95% on power consumption, cost, mobility and internet bandwidth.

Secure your computer, USB hard drive and flash drive with password security.

Get training and materials to earn international certification from Microsoft, Cisco, Comptia. etc.

Get serial keys, product keys and cracks from us to unlock the full version of any software that asks you for product key or product registration.

Check out VICMAXX Concept on facebook and see our info for more exciting offers.

VicMaxx Concepts- 07032046840, 07056692315, vmconcept@yahoo.com

. . . . .is dis how bad it can get?? Wahala dey ohhh!!!! shocked shocked

When we're looking for the right candidate to moderate dis section, dis dude is here posting advert . . . . .yet again on the wrong board.
Re: Interested In Moderating This Section? by odumchi: 4:27am On Sep 03, 2011
Hey, Mukina. I am interested in moderating this section and would like to do my bit to help keep NL clean.

Thanks
Re: Interested In Moderating This Section? by MrCork17: 4:42pm On Sep 16, 2011
Mukina. Sweeery plis can i be a moderator. I will be fair to beautiful women and I love all women wink
Re: Interested In Moderating This Section? by damola1: 9:25pm On Sep 20, 2011
This is my home,  Travel Yes, Tech market, yes,  Computers,  Most definitely,

Computers are for those that love computing, and that's me,  I will make this the very best section of NL. Fortunately, anyone and everyone knows computing these days, so working with other reliable members who love computers will also be a priority, bringing details of latest tech innovations in real time,  from computex to Cebit to CES,  live,  and direct, setting up solution solving content materials, managing posts and situations,  I have been using this Section since 2008,  and I believe it'll be a great opportunity to prove that we can give so many other sections a good run for their money,

Oh also, I work online a lot, and can't remember a day without NL, really, it's dat baaaaaaddddddddd
Re: Interested In Moderating This Section? by influenc12(m): 2:41pm On Sep 27, 2011
Hey guys! why the propaganda as if it was a poll election.

I'm new here, but i'm experienced and sincerely interested in the growth and success of this section.
Of course, whoever would finally moderate has got to have plenty experience and human relations skills to carry everyone along.
there's too much sentiment flying around.

Let's just be sincere with our reasons for deciding to moderate this section.

To our success, CHEERS! shocked
Re: Interested In Moderating This Section? by cybermind: 1:18pm On Oct 02, 2011
I am willing to serve and uphold the values of this honorable forum. please tell me what next step to take. and i will do it dutifully and conscientiously.
thank you sir.
yours faithfully
Re: Interested In Moderating This Section? by lanre316: 5:51pm On Oct 02, 2011
I am interested. pls tell me what i have to start doing now. thanks

(1)

Your Review About This Laptop 'ASUS Eee X101' Kindly Check Please... / SHAREIT For PC Download, Transfer Files Between Android And Laptp Wirelessly / HELP! My Laptop Charger Making Sparkling Noise When Charging

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.