Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,566 members, 7,809,066 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:09 PM

Is My Salary Enough To Get Married? (N45,000) - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is My Salary Enough To Get Married? (N45,000) (10621 Views)

Pls Advice Me,my Salary Is 25k And My Gf Always Talk About Marriage / Can I Get Married With This Income In Abeokuta, Ogun State? / Can't We Just Get Married Without Involving Families? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is My Salary Enough To Get Married? (N45,000) by whiteroses(f): 9:41pm On Aug 22, 2011
dayokanu:

So you be Oshogbo woman.

Na CAC Gbemu,

grin yes my sweet grandma raised me in that town as a child before my papa yanked me back to lag. Oshogbo cheesy
Re: Is My Salary Enough To Get Married? (N45,000) by DisGuy: 9:41pm On Aug 22, 2011
oyb:

as long as u have PROVEN birth control

DO NOT even think of having kids with that salary.

what if Mother-in-law start accusing the wife of being a 'barren winch'
Re: Is My Salary Enough To Get Married? (N45,000) by kabukabu(m): 9:48pm On Aug 22, 2011
Smh with that kind of budget, he would be better off just petitioning the UN the drop bags of food for him grin grin
Re: Is My Salary Enough To Get Married? (N45,000) by jerryben12: 9:56pm On Aug 22, 2011
stagger:

This is a joke. OP, anyone that tells you that you can marry and live with a modern-day Nigerian woman on N45,000 is deceiving himself. Ask them to tell you how they much they are earning and whether they are on the same unrealistic budgets as you see above.

Let me single out the woman's N5,000 upkeep as advocated by someone here.

Question:
1) How much does it cost a woman to make an average hairdo? (Let's be honest here please)
2) How much does a female shoe, or gele or buba and iro, or any other type of female dress cost?
3) How much does a female makeup kit or perfume cost (or are you telling me your wife will not make up or use perfume, even if na N800 perfume like FairChild)?
4) How much does a typical Nigerian woman spend on phone calls?

Tell me how all this can happen on N5,000 allowance for a Nigerian wife of 2011.

My guy, go and buffer your earnings to at least twice this amount (i.e. start earning N90,000 minimum). You do not need to change jobs. Augment your N45k income by doing some things at the side. There are some towns in Nigeria that are so hot. Where I used to live in one of the Northern states, the demand for ice blocks in my area was so high that I actually knew someone making N10,000 a day selling ice blocks. Do the maths here.

So do not live in a fantasy world. There are so many posts here that can guide you on low cost businesses you can start that can if not anything, push up your monthly earnings by at least N20k or N30k.

I am just being real with you my brother. Advise no be curse!

Must a woman be at the saloon every month? Must she buy a new shooe every month? Must she buy perfume and make up kit every month? Must she call everytime?? As long as you tell your woman the truth, she will understand with you unless you go and marry some woman that was spoilt from childhoold with $$$.
This is how it will happen - Since she is at home, she can beg her friendly neighbour to weave her hair with synthetic weavons for N400. China slippers are all over for under N1000. Make up? yes, she can get a set for about N500 and will last her for 3 months. Gele? Buba? Does she have to go to party every weekend? No she don't! When situation improves, she can host her own parties,

1 Like

Re: Is My Salary Enough To Get Married? (N45,000) by Nobody: 10:02pm On Aug 22, 2011
@ poster and others in this kind of situation, you definitely can. even in lagos. i'm saying this because i've had colleagues who got married with little cos the starting salary at my place of work was arnd 40k. things always turn around and improve especially if you marry the right woman.take the advice of all those who gave practical steps. it can def happen and dont put your life on hold because of money
Re: Is My Salary Enough To Get Married? (N45,000) by DisGuy: 10:06pm On Aug 22, 2011
IF your wife is also working or managing a sensible business you can survive

BUT MAKE SURE YOU DONT DO WEDDING O, EXCEPT SOMEONE ELSE IS FOOTING THE BILL EVEN AT THAT TELL THEM TO GIVE YOU THE CASH THEN HEAD TO THE REGISTRY GBAM, YOU ARE MARRIED

make sure you have job security, you can always grow from there and start a business on the side

dont listen to those telling you people live happily with xyz, they dont live with them so they wont know!!
Re: Is My Salary Enough To Get Married? (N45,000) by ouchexy: 10:09pm On Aug 22, 2011
@OP,
Anything is possible, even with 20k u fit marry wife, but take this as an advice from me: [size=8pt]U GO SUFFER NO BE SMALL[/size]
Prepare for 'sufferness' if you want to marry a wife in this modern day naija with 45k! Na d pickin wey una go born I pity pass. The 'ajepako' pickin go too suffer for this world!
Wish u all de best  wink
Re: Is My Salary Enough To Get Married? (N45,000) by maasoap(m): 10:10pm On Aug 22, 2011
With any amount of income, you can start your own family. What do you want someone who earns 145k monthly and still unable to start his family to say to you? Someone said he spends 45k on gasoline monthly, may be he has forgotten that Dangote spends millions on fuel daily. The fact is that individual level of income varies with many people having limited potential to raise their income in near future. Are we advising such people to wait till eternity before they get married? Rather, we should be telling them to have 1 or 2 kids, prioritize their needs, leave within their income, know their potential wife's attitude to life. Earning 250k monthly doesn't mean you're cleared to marry if you can't budget your income on what is essential, or if you have a highly materialistic wife.

1 Like

Re: Is My Salary Enough To Get Married? (N45,000) by chika98: 10:10pm On Aug 22, 2011
Random strangers shouldn't tell you if you can afford to marry and keep a home
Only you can do that. You know how much you spend per month so let that be a guide.
Re: Is My Salary Enough To Get Married? (N45,000) by maasoap(m): 10:10pm On Aug 22, 2011
With any amount of income, you can start your own family. What do you want someone who earns 145k monthly and still unable to start his family to say to you? Someone said he spends 45k on gasoline monthly, may be he has forgotten that Dangote spends millions on fuel daily. The fact is that individual level of income varies with many people having limited potential to raise their income in near future. Are we advising such people to wait till eternity before they get married? Rather, we should be telling them to have 1 or 2 kids, prioritize their needs, leave within their income, know their potential wife's attitude to life. Earning 250k monthly doesn't mean you're cleared to marry if you can't budget your income on what is essential, or if you have a highly materialistic wife.
Re: Is My Salary Enough To Get Married? (N45,000) by gidson12(m): 10:52pm On Aug 22, 2011
No comment!! undecided
Re: Is My Salary Enough To Get Married? (N45,000) by kezy4(m): 11:14pm On Aug 22, 2011
My dear friend, ngn45k is neither small or large for marriage. Honestly and to be fair with you, and with the Nigerian Economy and Africa at large where women depend on men whether they are working or not, ngn45k is not for marriage. And if it is for marriage, what about marriage exigencies where wife falls sick, bills, hair-do of your woman, her care, etc. But if you are a lucky one that knows how to manage less than this amount in a month with pressure from family, you may go ahead and get married but if you are not that type, dont even dare and do not believe that because you are married that the future might eventually go bright. You may not understand this until you get married. But advising you to get married with 45k, I would advise you to pick a productive woman more than a virtous woman, else you are finished.
Re: Is My Salary Enough To Get Married? (N45,000) by salinson: 11:27pm On Aug 22, 2011
how much does local goverment worker earn , pls who can proudly reveal is earn in a month and where is working, cause most of guys commenting are in to yahoo while the ladies are prostitute alias (osho) pls am waiting
Re: Is My Salary Enough To Get Married? (N45,000) by coolgb(m): 12:34am On Aug 23, 2011
Oh boy laff wan kill me for hia o wit diff analysis naija people too dey suffer grin
@ Op, just to candid and for the sake of so many in your 'tight corner' i wil say JUST BE PREPARED!!! Cos am sure the road is gonna b rough but a lot of people hav done it in the past, people are stil doing it and people wil continue to do it. Do you the take-home pay of a fresh graduate in local govt & state sec. Skools? Do you know how many years they nid to work befor 10k can be added to there salary yet wont they marry? The question is 'ARE YOU PREPARED'? I found most of the advise already given quite helpful. Best of luck.Oh boy laff wan kill me for hia o wit diff analysis naija people too dey suffer grin
@ Op, just to candid and for the sake of so many in your 'tight corner' i wil say JUST BE PREPARED!!! Cos am sure the road is gonna b rough but a lot of people hav done it in the past, people are stil doing it and people wil continue to do it. Do you the take-home pay of a fresh graduate in local govt & state sec. Skools? Do you know how many years they nid to work befor 10k can be added to there salary yet wont they marry? The question is 'ARE YOU PREPARED'? I found most of the advise already given quite helpful. Best of luck.
Re: Is My Salary Enough To Get Married? (N45,000) by stagger: 12:37am On Aug 23, 2011
jerryben12:

Must a woman be at the saloon every month? Must she buy a new shooe every month? Must she buy perfume and make up kit every month? Must she call everytime?? As long as you tell your woman the truth, she will understand with you unless you go and marry some woman that was spoilt from childhoold with $$$.
This is how it will happen - Since she is at home, she can beg her friendly neighbour to weave her hair with synthetic weavons for N400. China slippers are all over for under N1000. Make up? yes, she can get a set for about N500 and will last her for 3 months. Gele? Buba? Does she have to go to party every weekend? No she don't! When situation improves, she can host her own parties,  

Are you from the moon? Listen to yourself.

Can you tell us here whether your wife or girlfriend or both (whichever it may be) begs neighbours EVERY MONTH to do hair with synthetic weave-ons (which by the way, do not cost N400 last time I checked)? Does your wife or girlfriend use China slippers? What kind of make up application lasts for 3 months?

No dey talk like say you no get head! Either you do not have a wife or you do not have a girlfriend, or you just want to come here to talk unrealistic trash.
Re: Is My Salary Enough To Get Married? (N45,000) by Goodcare(m): 7:48am On Aug 23, 2011
i appreciate you all for this genure and differ advc,
Re: Is My Salary Enough To Get Married? (N45,000) by buJu234: 8:28am On Aug 23, 2011
i feel getting a nice wife is not due to ur money but ur person & ur vision. if these 2 are ok u can marry with that because she
knws that in future ur life will change greatly,

i have 4 friends:-

one is being paid over 1.8M per mth as an international staff of slumberger; yet getting a wife is a problem (based in PH)

2nd one receives 120k; he is till trying to get a babe not talking abt fiancée ` (based in Lagos)

3rd one earns 80k per mth; but just spent over 1,000,000 naira to marry one calabar girl. almost divorced his wife on the wedding day due to another increase in marriage cost!!! (based in Lagos)

4th one earn a little below urs (i.e 40k) but married one beautiful banker and he is happily married in PH

so money is not the real thing
Re: Is My Salary Enough To Get Married? (N45,000) by ebonyvibe(f): 9:06am On Aug 23, 2011
It depends on the type of married life u want to lead no one is saying it will be easy o

I will say wait cos now she has her family to support her when u r married her only support would be u and your 45k

It is doable but you will be living below the poverty line does she know how much u earn
Re: Is My Salary Enough To Get Married? (N45,000) by slap1(m): 9:07am On Aug 23, 2011
How long have you earned this N45,000? If you live and save prudently for a year or two, you should have enough to help you settle down.
Re: Is My Salary Enough To Get Married? (N45,000) by harrier(m): 9:48am On Aug 23, 2011
Sorry don't think of gething married on 45,000. first get Ur self a good qualification on 45,000 niara and look for good job, 45,000 niara thats two days charge card morney
Re: Is My Salary Enough To Get Married? (N45,000) by juman(m): 9:57am On Aug 23, 2011
@OP
The salary is enough to marry. There are many guys with much less salary and married. Just plan your things well. You don't need to compare yourself to others much. Good luck.
Re: Is My Salary Enough To Get Married? (N45,000) by Bawss1(m): 10:07am On Aug 23, 2011
Don't be silly. 45K as monthly income is not enough to start a family. . . unless you have a thing for undue hardship.

Sometimes people let that giddy feeling they call love override their common sense.
Re: Is My Salary Enough To Get Married? (N45,000) by Dandas: 10:21am On Aug 23, 2011
I have advised u b4 and still advising u.Dont try it if ur wife is not doing anything,unless u wan to enter poverty circle.One thing u should know is that if ur wife is not working and no other source of money,the 45k will always be reducing by expenses,Mr man to be honest with u,u will find it VERY  DIFFICULT to save money.U will even enter into borrowing b4 month end.Most of the time ,its always the lady that will push men into this,may be  u have given her belle and she is now rushing u 4 marriage as a cover up or that she is getting older,but believe it or not,more than percentage of men that found themselves into this issue are really really under financial pressure atlast that for them to stablize financilally is now a difficult task .Weda d lady fall into any of the two above mentioned,ignore it,work 4 some time,save money,establish another source of income,balance urself financially,then enter into marriage.Pls do this if ever u want to be happy man in ur family devoid of finacial pressure(battling with poverty line).As soon as you get married with this kind of money(even people earning between 100-150k) and depending on ur location thats an invitation to poverty for anything like establishing another source of income you have not don b4 u enter,u will find it difficult doing it when u enter with such amount of money.4get some advice pple are giving you here.Its easier said than done.Half a word is good 4 d ,

Thanks
Re: Is My Salary Enough To Get Married? (N45,000) by ebonyvibe(f): 11:00am On Aug 23, 2011
How much is the house you will be living in?
Re: Is My Salary Enough To Get Married? (N45,000) by DaDoctor: 11:33am On Aug 23, 2011
^^DONT BE DISCOURAGED, BETTER DAYS AHEAD!!!^^ cool cool

cut your coat according to your cloth and walk on into marriage! BUT ENSURE YOU DONT HAVE MUCH CHILDREN WITHIN A SHORT SPACE OF TIME.

THAT PAY CAN TAKE CARE OF A FAMILY OF 4(HUBBY AND WIFE AND 2 KIDS) BUT I SUGGEST YOU JUST LOOK FOR WAYS OF GETTING ADDITIONAL EARNINGS COS IN MARRIAGE THERE IS WHAT WE CALL 'EMERGENCY'. AND IT MAY REQUIRE MORE THAN 100K, DEPENDING ON EXTENT. SO USE UR TONGUE TO COUNT YOUR TEETH IN THE FAMILY PLANNING
Re: Is My Salary Enough To Get Married? (N45,000) by 234GT(m): 11:40am On Aug 23, 2011
if your girl is not working,dont marry her because she wont know the value of money. she wont appreciate anything you give her
Re: Is My Salary Enough To Get Married? (N45,000) by NwanneD: 11:50am On Aug 23, 2011
Thanks to sexkillz for the useful advice. Some contributors are writing rubbish. I propose that some write-ups should not be published.
Re: Is My Salary Enough To Get Married? (N45,000) by ebonyvibe(f): 12:14pm On Aug 23, 2011
PEOPLE THAT ARE SAYING YOU SHOULD GET MARRIED ARE NOT MARRIED ON 45K THINK MY BROTHER

DONT LET SUFFER KILL U O
Re: Is My Salary Enough To Get Married? (N45,000) by beeman80: 1:03pm On Aug 23, 2011
My dear I will advise u to build yourself.The Nigerian economy is so bad its no news.Get more degrees before you plunge into marriage.Its not a child's play my dear.Unless your wife can hold her own.But regardless of thta u must remember that the man is the head of the family.Please do not try it.Improve yourself so that you can catapult yourself to the next level.If you guys are so in love then get married and live kids out of it for now,why bring a child into the world to suffer? I am sure u want the best for your unborn kid.Please think wisely.Heaven helps those who help themselves.Cheers bruv!
Re: Is My Salary Enough To Get Married? (N45,000) by Nosyke(m): 1:54pm On Aug 23, 2011
kabukabu:

Smh with that kind of budget, he would be better off just petitioning the UN the drop bags of food for him grin grin

Mehn, nlders will not kill me with laughter.
The guy that said 5k for upkeep, my question is how much is a pack of Always S.Pad, or does s/he expect the lady to be using rags monthly?? grin grin
Re: Is My Salary Enough To Get Married? (N45,000) by nsodo: 2:08pm On Aug 23, 2011
I think it is not the salary which gets married but a person there many with big salaries but not yet married should we think that there salaries is not yet enough. That salary is more than enough what you need is attitude and determination because the more you delay to marry the more you're going to sin.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How Well Do You Know Your Children? / My 2-Year-Old Son Is Mean :( / Beware Of Craddle Robbers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.