Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,581 members, 7,809,111 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:27 PM

What Is The Best Ict Training Firm. - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / What Is The Best Ict Training Firm. (3524 Views)

Have A Look At The Top 5 Nigerians In ICT / Mctimothy Associates, The Leading Training Firm Presents Project Management / Fellow Nairalanders Which Is D Best.ict,petroleum Engineering And Medicine (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is The Best Ict Training Firm. by davidugotex(m): 7:46pm On Aug 22, 2011
Hello everyone.
This particular information will be of much help to me as well as others.
I'm a fresh computer Science graduate of a popular federal University in Nigeria. But when it comes to practical know-how, I cannot give a good account of myself due to the fallen standard of education in Nigeria where you get everything in theory, little or nothing in practical. Computer Science more than other field of study is very dynamic such that something that is new today can become obsolete two weeks later due to the rapid development in the Computer and Information Technology. For example, the four programming languages (QBASIC,FOTRAN,PASCAL & C) that I was taught in theory while at the university were all outdated even before 1990. That is to say that even if I had learned them practically while I was there they would be useless to me because they are all outdated. Today, employers are looking for those that can program with C#,JAVA,MySQL,ORACLE etc.
My parents are of the opinion that I go back to the university for my masters degree in Computer Science but I think I've had enough of the "theory accumulation"
I told them that I'll rather go to a roadside computer trainer and get practical knowledge than going to the university for MSc. Please I want to know the best firm that I can get a first class and up-to-date practical training in ICT. Your opinions are welcomed.
Re: What Is The Best Ict Training Firm. by yamakuza: 7:51am On Oct 07, 2011
On the average, Aptech students seem to have better testimonies than NIIT or Karrox.

Cant say where New Horizon falls.
Re: What Is The Best Ict Training Firm. by dlion: 2:50pm On Oct 10, 2011
Try New Horizon. It is the best for now.
Re: What Is The Best Ict Training Firm. by yamakuza: 3:18pm On Oct 10, 2011
dlion:

Try New Horizon. It is the best for now.

why do you say so?

You work for them?
Re: What Is The Best Ict Training Firm. by chamber2(m): 4:09pm On Oct 10, 2011
I will say NIIT or Aptech

I was trained at NIIT

NIIT books are among the best, if not the best, you can get in any IT training centre. Though NIIT is quite expensive but i will still recommend it.

Even the name is well pronounced in the IT community.

NIIT also has good learning environment and resources.

Though the lecturers can be boring sometimes, but most still know their onions.
Re: What Is The Best Ict Training Firm. by yamakuza: 4:16pm On Oct 10, 2011
Uhmn, so its onus and not onions? My bad.

I kinda like the consistency across all Aptech centres.

Some NIIT centres are razz not it.

To me, its like comparing Bells to OSU. To me!
Re: What Is The Best Ict Training Firm. by chamber2(m): 4:32pm On Oct 10, 2011
yamakuza:

Uhmn, so its onus and not onions? My bad.

I kinda like the consistency across all Aptech centres.

Some NIIT centres are razz.

To me, its like comparing Bells to OSU. To me!

My head was saying onions but my finger typed onus grin

Well, both are reputable IT training centres.

The only problem with NIIT is that most of their lecturers tend to read text books in class rather than practicals.

I have not been to Aptech but i am sure NIIT seems to be more recognised in the IT education biz more than Aptech, maybe due to their track records.
Re: What Is The Best Ict Training Firm. by yamakuza: 4:43pm On Oct 10, 2011
Ya. Both are good. Top 2, i guess.

NIIT seems more affordable and bigger though, plus they got in first so probably have more milestones.

Aptech comes across as a chic private school where you can mingle with chic people, learn a few things and still go to MDX, Portsmouth or wherever.

Their diploma has weight in the labour market too.

Guess the OP has to visit both and decide.
Re: What Is The Best Ict Training Firm. by gsamuel(m): 10:27am On Mar 16, 2016
TrainingIndustry.com continuously monitors the IT training marketplace looking for the best providers of IT training services.
As part of our commitment to the industry and service to our community members and website visitors, we announce Top Company Lists to help buy-side organizations searching for the right training partner.

Selection to the 2015 Top 20 IT Training Companies List was based on the following criteria:

Leadership and innovation in IT training2015 Top 20 IT Training
Breadth of IT training and delivery methods offered
Company size and growth potential
Strength of clients
Geographic reach
Due to the diversity of client requirements in the IT training marketplace, no attempt is made to rank the "Top 20."

View the 2015 IT Training Companies Watch List: https://www.trainingindustry.com/it-training/top-companies-listings/2015/2015-top-20-it-training-companies.aspx

(1) (Reply)

Mechanical Engineering And Civil Engineering Which Is More Suitable For A Lady? / Urgent!!! Pls I Need Where To Learn Cisco Datacenter In Lagos / Nigeria Army 71 Regular Intake Help And Guildline

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.