Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,975 members, 7,806,846 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:59 AM

The Customer Service Name And Shame Thread - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / The Customer Service Name And Shame Thread (10811 Views)

Standardgoldng E-currency Exchanger: Nairaland Customer Service. / Chrisvicmall Customer Service (Pay Your Supplier Within 24 to 72 working hours) / Nigeria Banks With Worst Customer Service (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Customer Service Name And Shame Thread by AjanleKoko: 8:43pm On Aug 22, 2011
A lot has been said on NL about Customer Service.
We've all had good or bad experiences, yeah. We hardly every get a chance to hail the occasions where we've gotten good service, or knock the promoters of bad service.
So here's your chance to do something about it.

On this thread we will name (and shame) establishments that have provided you with good or bad service in the past. Yes, name. Provide the name of the company, the nature of service, and what they did or did not do. Hopefully they will see and respond or even try to make amends. In any case, we'll all know them, and we'll know what to do about them.
Re: The Customer Service Name And Shame Thread by mbulela: 11:17pm On Aug 22, 2011
I've dealt with Kalahari Nigeria on several occassions in the past few months.
Their customer service reps have been top notch.
They were calm even when i was pensive,they were knowledgeable and willing to help.
Thanks to them, i have even made purchases (books) that i could barely afford and have no need of presently. Shout out to the customer rep called Nkechi Nwose.Exemplary service,all the time.

On the sour side,i had a horrible experinece at Sweet Sensation,Opebi Road in Ikeja around 12noon on saturday.
Food was horrible, service was poor as all the attendants without exception seemed glued to the Nollywood movie that was showing on African Magic channel. I was so disappointed that i left the food and just walked away.
I eat out regularly and the experience i had at that Sweet Sensation is such a stark contrast from the experience i get at the outlet at Adeola Odeku.
The staff their are so courteous,professional and attentive.Without exception,they serve you with a smile and do their jobs with a sense of pride.

I have noticed that the best customer service i receive in Lagos are oftn from taxi drivers. They seem to realise that good service is a way to beat competition.
They are not the most learned but know how to serve a customer very well.

Please don't get me started on Mobile network operators.
Re: The Customer Service Name And Shame Thread by mbulela: 7:35am On Aug 23, 2011
Standard Chartered Bank - What is the need going into retail banking if you can't show empathy to the small customer?Used an ATM card of theirs at a 3rd party ATM machine,did not disburse but debited my account.The non chalant manner i was told o fill a form and go and wait for 45 working days was utterly disappointing.For 20k?how much do they think i have?
Only a fool will bank with them if you are not a millonaire.Better find a bank around your level.
Re: The Customer Service Name And Shame Thread by marcus1234: 7:43am On Aug 23, 2011
Re: The Customer Service Name And Shame Thread by Emperoh(m): 8:07am On Aug 23, 2011
UBA!!! Terrible customer service, endless unreasonable charges!
Ever done business with their branch in Awka or Enugu?
Re: The Customer Service Name And Shame Thread by Nobody: 8:34am On Aug 23, 2011
Re: The Customer Service Name And Shame Thread by AjanleKoko: 8:42am On Aug 23, 2011
I think the worst customer service I have ever gotten would be from Arik Air.
A flight from Kaduna to Lagos, scheduled for 11:30am, was delayed, and I was finally put on a plane at 6:30pm - only to find myself in Kano.
I finally left Kano at 10:15pm for Lagos - on IRS Airlines.

Air Nigeria also came pretty close. A recent flight to Abuja, scheduled for 4:30pm, eventually took off from Lagos at 10pm.
On the return journey, my 1.30pm flight took off at 5pm, and I almost did not get a seat.

Good customer service? I would still say GT Bank, though their quality of service may have slightly declined over the years. I still find them very professional, and functional as well. I've never been able to use any other bank's e-services as efficiently as I do GT. Their Mastercard is also superb, I have used it all over the world, and it works easy. Even use it online. They are a very practical, functional bank.
Re: The Customer Service Name And Shame Thread by claremont(m): 8:46am On Aug 23, 2011
I hope this thread is not limited to Nigerian organizations, but here goes;

The BAD----Germanwings Airline- I took this airline on a return trip from London to Germany, I wasn't even offered a single drop of water during flight, not to talk of a snack. I do understand that it is a "no-frills" sort of airline, but what if I was dying in thirst? It is discourteous NOT to offer a simple drink of water/juice during any flight, no matter how short!

The GOOD----KLM Airlines- On my last trip from Nigeria to London, I asked for and received as much red wine I could drink. The hostesses were nice and non-judgemental, service was world-class. I must confess I was slightly drunk when we touched down at Heathrow, but I score them 10/10!
Re: The Customer Service Name And Shame Thread by Nobody: 8:57am On Aug 23, 2011
uba bank. . . Uniport branch. . . Always stealing students money and gistin even when dere 2much people on d long line.

First bank. . . . Choba.
So much *i dont care* attitude. . . Av embarassed and insulted then alot of times. . .

Some nairaland admins. . . Baning u 4 nothin! Dats more annoying nd makes me consida opening anoda nairaland acct.
Re: The Customer Service Name And Shame Thread by stchrischu: 8:59am On Aug 23, 2011
german wings is a low cost airplane thats differentiate it from KLM
Re: The Customer Service Name And Shame Thread by forkadict(m): 8:59am On Aug 23, 2011
My own (first on my list) na MTN! and i say that again MTN!

Next is NEPA!!!!! and then any other government agency, particularly the Police.
Re: The Customer Service Name And Shame Thread by stchrischu: 9:01am On Aug 23, 2011
german wings is a low cost airplane thats what differentiate it from KLM
Re: The Customer Service Name And Shame Thread by laidback(m): 9:03am On Aug 23, 2011
Seriously, how come UBA is still in business? Perhaps a good image, smooth operations and excellent customer service don't really matter in banking?
Re: The Customer Service Name And Shame Thread by blacksta(m): 9:05am On Aug 23, 2011
I am yet to find a place in Lagos  - with Good customer service  - Even Buka's excel much better in this area compared to the Larger companies  - The banks are the worst.
Re: The Customer Service Name And Shame Thread by laidback(m): 9:06am On Aug 23, 2011
And concerning GTB, I think their customer service is seriously overrated.
Re: The Customer Service Name And Shame Thread by truestar: 9:12am On Aug 23, 2011
Good: Eastern Airways-- lots of snacks and drinks on an hour flight from Aberdeen to the East midlands. They also have a crop of very polite staff.
         GTB mokola, Ibadan-- fantastic experience with their customer service

Bad: GTB bodija, Ibadan, was tossed arround from desk to desk some time ago just to make a bank transfer, had to leave the branch in anger.
Re: The Customer Service Name And Shame Thread by chamber2(m): 9:15am On Aug 23, 2011
Customer service in Nigeria is generally very poor. The customer service representatives are very unfriendly and untrained.Maybe because of the poor remuneration they receive.

One terrible experience - i was nearly leached in a fillings station along lagos-shagamu road last year, just because i urinated in a nearby bush.The truth is  there was no provision for restrooms.So, i was terribly pressed and needed to ''push'' the stuff out. Just when the stuff was about to come out, three hostile looking men, including the owner, came and gave me series of slap without questioning.It was bad experience.

Two- a sales girl nearly fought with me just because i requested for a different straw other than the one she gave me. I can't remember the name of the eatery again.

Third- UBA. This bank is a waste of time.

Good one- Diamond bank. Excellent service and well trained staffs.
Re: The Customer Service Name And Shame Thread by samtoye(m): 9:16am On Aug 23, 2011
DSTV Nigeria - Their customer service personnel are clueless, i had a problem with my Dish, i called from my office and told the lady my issue (LNB cable disconnected), she said i should go back home and switch the decoder on and tell her the error code, i told her it would be impracticable to do so and even there was no error code, just the display of "check LNB cable", she arrogantly told me she can't help and she became saucy, when i asked to speak with her supervisor then she checked my profile and discovered she might be speaking to her MD's relative so she started using "Sir" and became courteous. I told her if she had a bad day she shouldn't have picked the call at all and i dropped the call. I called a local technician who diagnosed the problem over the phone and came to fix it for me.
Re: The Customer Service Name And Shame Thread by Nobody: 9:23am On Aug 23, 2011
custormer service in nigeria is zero! Telocoms and bankin sector is worst!
Re: The Customer Service Name And Shame Thread by tushutt(m): 9:24am On Aug 23, 2011
fork adict:

My own (first on my list) na MTN! and i say that again MTN!

their customer service is practically inaccessible they should just scrap it. funnyily they respond to mails faster than calls
fork adict:

Next is NEPA!!!!! and then any other government agency, particularly the Police.

grin grin grin grin
Re: The Customer Service Name And Shame Thread by pinkrex(m): 9:28am On Aug 23, 2011
MIne is this almighty GTB and Zenith bank, You can never get #500 to withdraw from their atm's undecided undecided

Best Banking service is GTbank and skye Bank

Worst service, MTN and Etisalat
Re: The Customer Service Name And Shame Thread by koladeoye: 9:37am On Aug 23, 2011
And concerning GTB, I think their customer service is seriously overrated

I wonder why pple think this guys have excellent service. I bank with GTB and i have never seen anything excellent about their service. Is it the long queue or the manner in which the supposed customer serviceofficers waste your time on a transaction that has just 5 minTAT and u end up spending 1hour 30min. Is that service.

Also, Sweet sensation, Opebi should step up their game as two different people mentioned theirname.
Re: The Customer Service Name And Shame Thread by blank(f): 9:39am On Aug 23, 2011
Diamond Bank off Trans Amadi, Port Harcourt. Diamond bank Enugu, Lagos etc have always given me the best of services but that one! Hmmmm.

I waited 2 hrs after dropping a check to my own account. No one explained what was causing the delay. I waited and waited and waited. Finally, they said their system was down and the CTSS had to approve the check. I got fed up and went to the CTSS and asked what was delaying the check, he just threw the check at me and kept on doing what he was doing. I cried that day out of frustration. Was it cos of this yeye NYSC uniform that the iidiot would treat me this way? I had to go to GTbank to withdraw money @ their ATM.

Every month, without fail, whether Diamond bank are downsizing or not, i pray that that man loses his job and is sacked in a very embarrassing way. May he never see promotion in his life. Wicked human being.
Re: The Customer Service Name And Shame Thread by pinkrex(m): 9:41am On Aug 23, 2011
kolade oye:

I wonder why pple think this guys have excellent service. I bank with GTB and i have never seen anything excellent about their service. Is it the long queue or the manner in which the supposed customer serviceofficers waste your time on a transaction that has just 5 minTAT and u end up spending 1hour 30min. Is that service.

Its just the best amongst the nonsense we have my brother, Or do yu have any other Bank in mind??
Re: The Customer Service Name And Shame Thread by nurexpat: 9:45am On Aug 23, 2011
Good service- GTBank, you can sleep and make ur transfer
Good service- Edgebase Technologies Opebi- Sells you a system with explanation and a note on how to save ur batter life, looks cool

Bad service - Sterling Bank, seems they're still living in 80's . to get sms alert on ur account, they have to contact aba branch where i opened, its so annoying.
Re: The Customer Service Name And Shame Thread by blank(f): 9:49am On Aug 23, 2011
I can physically injure any HITV customer service operative. Because of them, i did not watch Champions league finals last year. I paid and could not be connected. I called the first time and it was fixed. But 30mins later it went off again and that was where the nightmare started.

After following all steps, they said i should leave it on Gamji and it would work after 20 mins. After an hr, i called back and we went through the same song and dance though slightly longer. After another hr, i called back and they still wanted me to do the same things. I was frustrated and said that i won't drop that she should hold the line until the thing is sorted out. All of this na my credit o. The chic just cut me off and i was not able to connect with their customer care again that day. I av since packed it up and will destroy it soon.
Re: The Customer Service Name And Shame Thread by marcar(m): 9:50am On Aug 23, 2011
My Best service is Emirate Airline from Lagos to Australia Via Dubai, The service was 7 star in the Air

My worst service is Arik Air from Lagos to London
Re: The Customer Service Name And Shame Thread by blank(f): 9:52am On Aug 23, 2011
I will come back with more.
Re: The Customer Service Name And Shame Thread by mummy3(f): 9:58am On Aug 23, 2011
Airtel Head office in Victoria Island. Their first point of contact is badluck. infact one dark lady with puffpuff cheeks always harassing customers. she doesn't deserve to work as a front desk officer. she should be transferred to their security department.
Re: The Customer Service Name And Shame Thread by harrier(m): 10:03am On Aug 23, 2011
Zenith bank at Ogunlana drive Good service i end up married one them
Re: The Customer Service Name And Shame Thread by Nobody: 10:09am On Aug 23, 2011
Is this list limited to the big companies only? What about individuals on Nairaland who come online to market their stuff, only to turn out as either fake, or lacking in good customer service.

I've had experience with two Nairalanders whom I bought stuff from only to find out they're not who they say they are. The last experience was with one who supplied a used inverter to me contrary to what he advertised; the thing developed fault within a month. I've called him several times over this same matter in the last 4 weeks, and he's not bothered to come check, even though before purchase, he had boasted about his prompt response to customer complaint. Till now, 4 weeks on, I'm yet to see him. Now, I'm seeing him advertising something else online, as a web-site builder! That is, in a matter of months, he has transformed from being an English Language tutor with a 'Visionite-something' website, to being an inverter expert, and now, a builder of sites similar to Nairaland.

I'm sure if you're reading this, Segun Ola-something, you know yourself. Honestly, it's young individuals like you that makes one to lose hope for a better Nigeria!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

My Experience With Online Naira / How Nigerian Businesses Can Improve Sales Through Data Analysis / Urgent:Mack tipping / Howo Trucks Needed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.