Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,979 members, 7,806,858 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:41 AM

Imo To Give Free Education To Northern Muslims’ Children - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Imo To Give Free Education To Northern Muslims’ Children (3485 Views)

FG Upgrades Four Colleges Of Education To Varsities / Osun Donates Opon Imo To teachers / Imo To Establish Four New Universities. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Imo To Give Free Education To Northern Muslims’ Children by mukina2: 6:33am On Aug 23, 2011
OWERRI—Non-indigenes, especially Northern Muslims in Imo State have been assured that their children will also benefit from the free education policy of the government.

Governor Rochas Okorocha said this when he hosted Muslims in Government House, Owerri,.

Okorocha said: “My administration will not discriminate against non-indigenes but will rather ensure that everybody benefits from the policies and programmes of the state government.”

The governor, who promised to sponsor some Muslims on pilgrimage, said “as a detribalised Nigerian, I will always engage in actions that will promote unity and peaceful co-existence.”

Earlier, Chairman of Imo State Muslim Council, Alhaji Yusuf Nwoha, had assured the governor of the loyalty and support of all Muslims in the state, and appealed to the government to establish a Muslim Pilgrims Welfare Board in the state.
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/08/imo-to-give-free-education-to-northern-muslims-children/
Re: Imo To Give Free Education To Northern Muslims’ Children by Nobody: 6:56am On Aug 23, 2011
Welcome development
Re: Imo To Give Free Education To Northern Muslims’ Children by saintalexo(m): 7:22am On Aug 23, 2011
Hmmm e b lik this governor na father christmas oh. Indirectly preparing ground for his presidential ambition. Well it's a welcome development hope our northern brothers loves this. 1 NIGERIA.
Re: Imo To Give Free Education To Northern Muslims’ Children by Abayomin70(m): 7:27am On Aug 23, 2011
odiaero:

Welcome development
saintalexo:

Hmmm e b lik this governor na father christmas oh. Indirectly preparing ground for his presidential ambition. Well it's a welcome development hope our northern brothers loves this. 1 NIGERIA.
FACT
Re: Imo To Give Free Education To Northern Muslims’ Children by martinseme: 7:34am On Aug 23, 2011
Dont waste imo money on a pagan ,evil barbaric religion .rather give it to ur own people for better use
Re: Imo To Give Free Education To Northern Muslims’ Children by nigerhead(m): 7:51am On Aug 23, 2011
Very good decision with the Free education. Thumbs up to the Governor. But could we stop all this paying for pilgrimage to holy lands (Christian and Muslim). There are better things to do with our money, anybody wey wan go shuld use their money and go.
Re: Imo To Give Free Education To Northern Muslims’ Children by Nobody: 7:54am On Aug 23, 2011
martinseme:

Dont waste imo money on a pagan ,evil barbaric religion .rather give it to your own people for better use

i no support this ur comment at all.
Re: Imo To Give Free Education To Northern Muslims’ Children by rhymz(m): 7:56am On Aug 23, 2011
That's fair enough afterall, I benefitted from Tinubu's payment of our WAEC while in secondary school. I remember how me and my twiny happy die as we had about 10k that would ve otherwise gone into paying for the exams. . .thanks to oju yobor. .lol
Re: Imo To Give Free Education To Northern Muslims’ Children by marcus1234: 7:57am On Aug 23, 2011
Re: Imo To Give Free Education To Northern Muslims’ Children by chamber2(m): 8:02am On Aug 23, 2011
Dont waste imo money on a pagan ,evil barbaric religion .rather give it to your own people for better use

Imo is setting an example for others. Why our people get killed in the north, we offer their own people free education and even promised to sponsor them on pilgrimage. Rochas carry on.
Re: Imo To Give Free Education To Northern Muslims’ Children by GMcompere: 8:21am On Aug 23, 2011
Tu fia Kwa!!!!!!

This is an invitation for Boko Haram, free western education for northern muslim children in Imo state?

Oga Rochas think about this oooh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Imo To Give Free Education To Northern Muslims’ Children by mbatuku1: 8:30am On Aug 23, 2011
Thumbs up, Rochas.
Re: Imo To Give Free Education To Northern Muslims’ Children by reloboy(m): 8:55am On Aug 23, 2011
martinseme:

wetin dey worry una na the thing we bible teach you be this, Yeye guy
Re: Imo To Give Free Education To Northern Muslims’ Children by martinseme: 9:27am On Aug 23, 2011
All those expressing kind gestures for islamic adherents i pray that destiny should make them present in the north during a riot time and they be in caught up in the midst of hausa savages and then they would experience the very most calous way to die in the hand of this islamic morons.first they would clubed with weapons,then nearing death fuel will poured and set blaze.am certain even rochas would not be spared.islam i spit on u.
Re: Imo To Give Free Education To Northern Muslims’ Children by Afam4eva(m): 9:29am On Aug 23, 2011
When a governor makes staements like this we should just see it as the norm. Don't these muslims live and pay their tax in Imo state? They should demand whatever they want from the government as they are equal to the indegenes.
Re: Imo To Give Free Education To Northern Muslims’ Children by bisiaet: 9:37am On Aug 23, 2011
It is a welcome development only if they are ready to be educated and if the animals called Boko anufia Haram will not get offended about it
Re: Imo To Give Free Education To Northern Muslims’ Children by yusuf2(m): 9:46am On Aug 23, 2011
i only hope they would be willing to accept the Gesture considering the fact that Northerners Generally do not appreciate the idea of western education, and i'm just wondering why the emphasis on Northern Muslims? there are equally Muslims in the South / South-West. undecided
Re: Imo To Give Free Education To Northern Muslims’ Children by Johnpaul2k2(m): 9:56am On Aug 23, 2011
i like this man, Christians can never be as wicked as Muslims cool cool cool cool
Re: Imo To Give Free Education To Northern Muslims’ Children by okunoba(m): 10:05am On Aug 23, 2011
Help The weak if you are strong, Imo state is strong and progressive. I only wish the North would do the same for its people. The Almajiris need education not religious brain washing. I weep for these voiceless kids. May the almighty bless Imo state for doing the right thing. Instead of Northern leaders giving their youth free education they rather give them sharia. Buhari, IBB, Shagari, Abdulsalam, Sanusi, Northern governors and  and the Emirs all support sharia but non of them as done anything to make sure these poor Almajiris get educated. While they are busy stealing Millions of $ and getting away with it, they wanna cut off the limbs of these poor souls for stealing peanuts. Northern leaders are more callous than their southern counterparts, at least they give their people education. I weep for my poor Almajiri brothers, I hope we can one day all (Northerners and Southerners) fight and defend the rights of these voiceless kids, instead of belittling them. They are victims of the system and they suffer the most from the inhumanity of our Northern leaders. The North will never know peace uuntilthis injustice in the name of religion is corrected.
Re: Imo To Give Free Education To Northern Muslims’ Children by ZE: 10:24am On Aug 23, 2011
okunoba:

Help The weak if you are strong, Imo state is strong and progressive. I only wish the North would do the same for its people. The Almajiris need education not religious brain washing. I weep for these voiceless kids. May the almighty bless Imo state for doing the right thing. Instead of Northern leaders giving their youth free education they rather give them sharia. Buhari, IBB, Shagari, Abdulsalam, Sanusi, Northern governors and  and the Emirs all support sharia but non of them as done anything to make sure these poor Almajiris get educated. While they are busy stealing Millions of $ and getting away with it, they wanna cut off the limbs of these poor souls for stealing peanuts. Northern leaders are more callous than their southern counterparts, at least they give their people education. I weep for my poor Almajiri brothers, I hope we can one day all (Northerners and Southerners) fight and defend the rights of these voiceless kids, instead of belittling them. They are victims of the system and they suffer the most from the inhumanity of our Northern leaders. The North will never know peace uuntilthis injustice in the name of religion is corrected.  

A true Igbo man struggles for himself and his family, does not wait for government,amnesty, the rich, emirs etc to spoon feed them. When you depend on the rich for your daily bread- the rich will give you food and demand something in return.
Re: Imo To Give Free Education To Northern Muslims’ Children by BetaThings: 10:26am On Aug 23, 2011
martinseme:

All those expressing kind gestures for islamic adherents i pray that destiny should make them present in the north during a riot time and they be in caught up in the midst of hausa savages and then they would experience the very most calous way to die in the hand of this islamic morons.first they would clubed with weapons,then nearing death fuel will poured and set blaze.am certain even rochas would not be spared.islam i spit on u.
There are Hausa christians
There are muslims in the SW
There are kidnappers in the predominantly christian SE
So revisit your hypothesis
Re: Imo To Give Free Education To Northern Muslims’ Children by Decryptor(m): 11:01am On Aug 23, 2011
The Guy knows what he's doing. It's a political gamble. He's trying to court the North so that in due time, when he runs for Presidency (most governors harbor such ambition), he would enjoy massive support from the Muslims.
Re: Imo To Give Free Education To Northern Muslims’ Children by DeepSoul(f): 11:48am On Aug 23, 2011

How sustainable is this free education programme?

What'll happen when Rochas leaves power? Will his predecessor continue or scrap it as is the norm.

We all know how Nigerian leaders lack continuity.

Again I ask, how sustainable is it?
Re: Imo To Give Free Education To Northern Muslims’ Children by atasteve: 11:52am On Aug 23, 2011
That is the spirit smiley
Re: Imo To Give Free Education To Northern Muslims’ Children by MyJoe: 11:53am On Aug 23, 2011
Free education is good. And no, state governments should not exclude non-indegenes. If there are any states that do that, shame on them. But using public funds to sponsor people religious pilgrimage? *smh*
Re: Imo To Give Free Education To Northern Muslims’ Children by rhymz(m): 12:54pm On Aug 23, 2011
yusuf_@:

i only hope they would be willing to accept the Gesture considering the fact that Northerners Generally do not appreciate the idea of western education, and i'm just wondering why the emphasis on Northern Muslims? there are equally Muslims in the South / South-West. undecided
actually, Hausa-Fulani muslims constitute almost 99.9% of the nuslim community in Imo state, so it is in order if he laid more emphasy on them.
Re: Imo To Give Free Education To Northern Muslims’ Children by Sike(m): 12:57pm On Aug 23, 2011
Johnpaul2k2:

i like this man, Christians can never be as wicked as Muslims cool cool cool cool

Ur conclusion is unreasonable!
Johnpaul2k2:

Ur conclusion is unreasonable!
Re: Imo To Give Free Education To Northern Muslims’ Children by tlops(m): 1:16pm On Aug 23, 2011
Is there any state that does otherwise? I mean where non-indigenes are made to pay school fees in a public school.
Re: Imo To Give Free Education To Northern Muslims’ Children by Z20: 1:34pm On Aug 23, 2011
Training muslim kids while there fathers are up north killing our christian brothers.Stop wasting heartland money pls.
Re: Imo To Give Free Education To Northern Muslims’ Children by shawonlese: 1:44pm On Aug 23, 2011
Another media hype from Chief Comedian's table.

Just wondering how it would have been possible to exclude Muslims from the free education vis a vis, if in Imo state an Alhaji shehu a Muslim is married to Obiangeli a christian. Would it have been possible to deny their kids access to free education?
Re: Imo To Give Free Education To Northern Muslims’ Children by Kx: 1:44pm On Aug 23, 2011
Z20:

Training muslim kids while there fathers are up north killing our christian brothers.Stop wasting heartland money pls.

I wonder o.

It appears the one Nigerian song is only playing in the South and not in the north.

(1) (2) (Reply)

University Of Port Harcourt (UNIPORT) Post Utme/admission Thread / Sfo-16's Graduation From Nigerian College Of Aviation Zaria (pics Included) / Public Health Technology Vs Medical Laboratory Science

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.