Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,898 members, 7,802,898 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:27 AM

If Your Husband/Wife Is Not Smart - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / If Your Husband/Wife Is Not Smart (11143 Views)

"My Wife Is A Prostitute" - Husband / My Wife Is Threatening To Leave If I Can't Find Job / Husband, Wife In Shock After Giving Birth To Dwarf (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If Your Husband/Wife Is Not Smart by Outstrip(f): 1:40am On Aug 01, 2009
I have found that most of the "unsmart" (using teefah's definition) people are usually the educated ones and I am surrounded by educated people. Common sense is not common
Re: If Your Husband/Wife Is Not Smart by Nwamama1: 9:32am On Nov 27, 2009
Fhemmmy:

You are married to complete the other person.
So if he is not smart and you are smart, that is all that is needed and together you could climb all the mountains of importance.

Supportedddddddddddddd

I love the idea
Re: If Your Husband/Wife Is Not Smart by SALady(f): 12:57pm On Dec 01, 2009
^^^^I dont know about marrying somebody that expects me to complete them hey!. I want to marry you in your completeness. Why invite people in your life when you know that you still have half the work to do on yourself. I will definately marry somebody I can complement and vise versa. These incomplete people have got no business what so ever to marry others yet, True that some people are just book smart and are absolute social retards, balance people, balance
Re: If Your Husband/Wife Is Not Smart by malaika(f): 1:17pm On Dec 01, 2009
::
Re: If Your Husband/Wife Is Not Smart by SALady(f): 3:45pm On Dec 02, 2009
^^^ the boys from private school I see around and am very close to are the extreme. I mean snooty, turkey, they fancy themselves the alpha male and are totally unforgiving to anybody who cant speak their mind, be seen and heared. They will label you "one dimensional" if you cant rize to the occassion. I personally dont promote anything turkey if its filled with attitude, but to be honest their company is always refreshing every now and then.

From what you've just said I guess what I take for myself is that, there's people who are just polite and conservative and will chose to open up only when they are around people they are most comfortable with. Its a character/personality thing in the end. e.g. Obama and think Obam the man and not the president, given his background if you could put him the "hood" if you know what I mean he'll survive just fine. No hustle, no mess, no fuss (at least that's what I think).

The same goes for the boys I am talking about in my first paragraph. They can hold their own at any given situation, time, place and people around. They come to the township (the hood in SA) they fit in, they speak the lingo (street language), take them to the bundus (rural and remote places) its alright with them just bring it on and they will handle. By the way I know of plenty girls with that streak hey!.
Re: If Your Husband/Wife Is Not Smart by lannre(m): 3:54pm On Dec 02, 2009
Carry your cross
Re: If Your Husband/Wife Is Not Smart by Amigoz(f): 6:32am On Dec 04, 2009
Fhemmmy:

You are married to complete the other person.
So if he is not smart and you are smart, that is all that is needed and together you could climb all the mountains of importance.

That says it all.
Re: If Your Husband/Wife Is Not Smart by kidsam: 10:43am On Dec 04, 2009
Your friend's husband? why are you taking panadol for someone else's headache
Re: If Your Husband/Wife Is Not Smart by Nobody: 4:39pm On Dec 05, 2009
ITS POSSIBLE TO BE VERY INTELLIGENT AND STILL BE SLOW LIKE SME SME,MAYBE IN TALKING AND DOING THINGS, AV SEEN ENGINEERS,DOCTORS THATS ARE VERY INTELLIGENT AND STILL JUST LIKE DODOYO IN DOINGS,and av also seen very sharp,smart people that are not getting any better in life,dnt even av qualification
Re: If Your Husband/Wife Is Not Smart by niko78: 5:10am On Jun 18, 2011
@ teefah

There is a big difference between intelligence and wisdom. If you were either perhaps you would understand that. If you were intelligent then you would understand that not everyone enjoys engaging in pointless discussions about politics or what have you. Also, I know many fools that have college educations.

Henry Ford, when asked how he accomplished so much with so little education, replied: " Memorizing facts and trivia does not make one intelligent."

Usually those who accuse others of being "dumb" only feel that way because they themselves are not smart enough to understand the dynamic at hand intellectually.

Also, I know for a fact that you are not very educated based on your own words.

Your idea of obtaining relevant information includes "novels." Not saying they have no merit, but yeah.

"He's a nice guy et al" is an improper use of the phrase et alii (et al). This is Latin, meaning "and others." You would only use this in a sentence when listing places or peoples names. For example: "This was the final downfall of Hitler, Goebbels, Göring, et al." You used it as if it means et cetera ("and the rest), which, ironically, would not make perfect sense either. So your sentence reads: "He's a nice guy and others." Even in the manner you meant it it reads: "He's a nice guy and the rest." Real intelligent. This is very basic stuff.

Seems to me that you just hate the guy for, most likely, some pathetic self-serving reason.

"Guys you too, lovely wife, takes care of the house, you and the kids, 1st class product in university but she just can't hold an intelligent conversation with your guys except they are talking physics and chemistry."

Good God, you have a 5th grade education judging by your sentence structure.

Sweetheart, you are not half as "smart" as you believe you are.

Funny thing to remember: every idiot on earth believes he is the smartest person that ever lived. People of low intelligence often believe that others are on their same level.

Lastly, you fail to understand class differences. I am willing to bet that this man is actually MORE intelligent than you are. Perhaps he finds you childish? Sounds like a smart man to earn "big checks" as you say. Ever think maybe he is too busy thinking about important things to engage you with idle talk?

If you were of a higher class level you would understand all of these things. It's not always the case, but class and education usually go hand in hand.

Best regards.
Re: If Your Husband/Wife Is Not Smart by Zaynee63: 12:02am On Jun 19, 2011
uplawal & seun, abeg small & small on d girl now, I don laff tire. Anyway,@ teefah, Seun is not just smart: fyi, d last time i remember seeing him in 2001(when nairaland was probably an embryo somewhere in him) he was d unofficial best student in Faculty of Tech in OAU-ife. So watch what u come up with in ur assessments
Re: If Your Husband/Wife Is Not Smart by tEsLim(m): 8:57pm On Jun 19, 2011
Well you are in hot soup when you cant hold an intelligent convo with your spouse. I'm in that shit , you will turn to ebuddies and chat mostly with friends online and over phone. The house becomes very boring need to run out at any opportunity to hangout. sad Funny enough you can have very interesting kids smiley they are more exciting to talk to than their mum. Mum is just a robot that can cook, do few other things. And no intuition , instinct to make variables or do things differently just one way routine unless told otherwise. Whenever she feels like talking repeats old convos and questions thinking that would start something but damn annoying - I hate human-bots. But them get their advantage you will never find her in a place out of her routine lol. You can predict her for the next 30 years unless something crazy happens.
Re: If Your Husband/Wife Is Not Smart by harakiri(m): 9:35pm On Jun 19, 2011
@seun and niko78. . . Nice rebuttal. I come across people like the poster all the time. They feel you aren't smart or "street" savvy if you don't descend to their level. Some even think they are playing on your intelligence when you've already seen them coming miles away. Pathetic!
Re: If Your Husband/Wife Is Not Smart by sasimalia(f): 3:38am On Jun 21, 2011
tEsLim:

Well you are in hot soup when you cant hold an intelligent convo with your spouse. I'm in that poo , you will turn to ebuddies and chat mostly with friends online and over phone. The house becomes very boring need to run out at any opportunity to hangout. sad Funny enough you can have very interesting kids smiley they are more exciting to talk to than their mum. Mum is just a robot that can cook, do few other things. And no intuition , instinct to make variables or do things differently just one way routine unless told otherwise. Whenever she feels like talking repeats old convos and questions thinking that would start something but damn annoying - I hate human-bots. But them get their advantage you will never find her in a place out of her routine lol. You can predict her for the next 30 years unless something crazy happens.
grin grin grin you are soooo funny lol! Sorry for ur luck. I know a few people (mainly african women) like that. I guess everybody is wired differently, it stills amazes me how ppl can do the same thing over and over again and not ever get tired. Talk abt the same stuff, cook the same kind of food, visit the same people, do the same thing every sunday, every christmas, every new year of every year undecided

(1) (2) (Reply)

Barely And Neatly Used Uk Baby Things. / I Married My Brother / Rediscovering Your Spouse: Sure Home Marriage Seminar

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.