Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,896 members, 7,802,880 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:18 AM

Breaking News: Justice Salami Sues Jonathan - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Breaking News: Justice Salami Sues Jonathan (4682 Views)

Breaking News: Justice Danladi Umar Throws Out Application Seeking His Disqualif / Breaking News: Justice Tsoho Absent In Court, Nnamdi Kanu Case Postponed / Another Fallen Hero:Lt Salami,A Soldier Killed By Boko Haram 4-days Ago(Pictured (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Breaking News: Justice Salami Sues Jonathan by Nobody: 9:49pm On Aug 23, 2011
Justice Ayo Salami the embattled President of the Apeal Court of Nigeria, who’s sack and replacement was approved by the President Goodluck Jonathan, has taken the President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria to court over the sack and replacement.

The suspended President of the Court of Appeal, prayed a Federal High Court sitting in Abuja, to invoke its original jurisdiction and declare the appointment of an acting President of the Court of Appeal, by President Goodluck Jonathan, illegal and unconstitutional.

More details soon
Re: Breaking News: Justice Salami Sues Jonathan by OAM4J: 9:58pm On Aug 23, 2011
Re: Breaking News: Justice Salami Sues Jonathan by Nobody: 9:59pm On Aug 23, 2011
^^
Thanks, I no longer post links since the new spam bot came into use
Re: Breaking News: Justice Salami Sues Jonathan by Pukkah: 10:02pm On Aug 23, 2011
I just love the guts and gumption of this Salami guy. This is a classic case of fighting till the end. I wish you well.
Re: Breaking News: Justice Salami Sues Jonathan by Nobody: 10:07pm On Aug 23, 2011
^^^
Yeah, lets see how it will end though
Re: Breaking News: Justice Salami Sues Jonathan by Beaf: 10:11pm On Aug 23, 2011
This is the right action to test the limits and interpretation of the constitution, not the raucous and Neanderthal noises that have been ejaculated by those with a primitive bent.
Both sides should be ready to accede to the final judgement. Nigeria is a changed place from the old times where chaos ruled and vagabonds sat over us; its a brand new World of civilisation, due process and rule of law.

Slowly, but surely we will get there.
Re: Breaking News: Justice Salami Sues Jonathan by baksonlee: 10:12pm On Aug 23, 2011
I thought the President has got immunity to any personal prosecution
Re: Breaking News: Justice Salami Sues Jonathan by 2mch(m): 10:14pm On Aug 23, 2011
Partick Obahaigbon sums up this bullsh*t:

"The presidential imprimatur to the putrescent judicial makossa dance that has pestiferously and scabrously oozed out of the Salami/Alugate, indubitably suggests that all presidential posturings on the rule of law for a period of eon now, amounts to nothing but a mandibular skullduggery and vacuous shenanigan which should and must be pulverized." - Patrick Obahiagbon" shocked shocked grin

Salami will prevail and NJC and his other co conspirators will be put to shame. This is a very obvious subversion of justice and Nigerians are not stupid. Shame on all the actors in this 50kobo movie.
Re: Breaking News: Justice Salami Sues Jonathan by Ufeolorun(m): 10:15pm On Aug 23, 2011
Gen ! Gen!
Ipadabo Abija grin
Re: Breaking News: Justice Salami Sues Jonathan by Pukkah: 10:17pm On Aug 23, 2011
@baksonlee, Atiku dragged Obasanjo to court when he (Atiku) was stripped of his VP position. The President is immuned from arrest though. Besides, I'm just thinking of how else he can seek relief from the courts without suing the President who approved his sack. It's not the intention of the constitution to cheat anybody.
Re: Breaking News: Justice Salami Sues Jonathan by pwiz(m): 10:20pm On Aug 23, 2011
A whole president, it's hardly he wins,bt sha we cnt say
Re: Breaking News: Justice Salami Sues Jonathan by Nobody: 10:22pm On Aug 23, 2011
This Justhief Salami is just a nuisance - Tinubu's boy. From the day he had the temerity to publicly denigrate and malign the CJN, he should have known that he was engaging in a losing battle. He should just get lost abeg; his suspension and eventual retirement is very welcome by me. Just desserts.
Re: Breaking News: Justice Salami Sues Jonathan by MrGlobe(m): 10:23pm On Aug 23, 2011
STFU @beaf. Just admit that your president was wrong with his action. Stop being corny. Go straight to the point and stop killing your conscience because of campaign money that you must have finished eating. Rather than use irrelevant English to confuse yourself and others; admit your master is wrong and desperate for once or stop disgracing yourself by commenting at all
In other news, wahala really dey because if salami is eventually reinstated at any chance, then it might be the way out for jonathan. I wonder how salami will head the court without despise for jonathan lol. IMO I think the chief judge, NJc, salami and everybody involved in this debacle should either resign or be sacked, to save the judiciary I wonder how salami will head the court without despise for jonathan lol. IMO I think the chief judge, NJc, salami and everybody involved in this debacle should either resign or be sacked, to save the judiciary
Re: Breaking News: Justice Salami Sues Jonathan by Beaf: 10:25pm On Aug 23, 2011
Mr. Globe:

STFU @beaf. Just admit that your president was wrong with his action. Stop being corny. Go straight to the point and stop killing your conscience because of campaign money that you must have finished eating. Rather than use irrelevant English to confuse yourself and others; admit your master is wrong and desperate for once or stop disgracing yourself by commenting at all
In other news, wahala really dey because if salami is eventually reinstated at any chance, then it might be the way out for jonathan. I wonder how salami will head the court without despise for jonathan lol. IMO I think the chief judge, NJc, salami and everybody involved in this debacle should either resign or be sacked, to save the judiciary I wonder how salami will head the court without despise for jonathan lol. IMO I think the chief judge, NJc, salami and everybody involved in this debacle should either resign or be sacked, to save the judiciary

Last time I looked, he was your President too.
Die! Lolz!
Re: Breaking News: Justice Salami Sues Jonathan by Nobody: 10:26pm On Aug 23, 2011
Pukkah:

@baksonlee, Atiku dragged Obasanjo to court when he (Atiku) was stripped of his VP position. The President is immuned from arrest though. Besides, I'm just thinking of how else he can seek relief from the courts without suing the President who approved his sack. It's not the intention of the constitution to cheat anybody.
the constitution is only but a book that is as powerful as the people who defends it. Unfortunately, decay has eaten into all aspect of life in this country.

I wonder why we bother to shout back at people that call us a failed state. If not for selfish reasons, the military would definitely have taken back power.

There is simply no sanity in the nigerian gov anymore.
Mr. Globe:

Thats the reason I believe he will never be re instated
Re: Breaking News: Justice Salami Sues Jonathan by Ufeolorun(m): 10:31pm On Aug 23, 2011
Mr. Globe:

Exactly, a total house cleaning not a political facade.
Re: Breaking News: Justice Salami Sues Jonathan by aikuda(m): 10:44pm On Aug 23, 2011
I honestly think this is how things should be done in a democracy. If you feel aggrieved by the action of another, no matter how highly placed that individual is, should be able to seek redress in the courts of law. I wish more people will take these kinds of action rather than engaging in unwholesome public spectacle.
Re: Breaking News: Justice Salami Sues Jonathan by aikuda(m): 10:48pm On Aug 23, 2011
I though this discussion was going well until people started insulting themselves because of another man's wahaLA. What is it with us and our need to denigrate ourselves.
Re: Breaking News: Justice Salami Sues Jonathan by executinal(m): 10:49pm On Aug 23, 2011
2mch:

Partick Obahaigbon sums up this bullsh*t:

[b]"The presidential imprimatur to the putrescent judicial makossa dance that has pestiferously and scabrously oozed out of the Salami/Alugate, indubitably suggests that all presidential posturings on the rule of law for a period of eon now, amounts to nothing but a mandibular skullduggery and vacuous shenanigan which should and must be pulverized." - Patrick Obahiagbon" shocked shocked grin
[/b]

Salami will prevail and NJC and his other co conspirators will be put to shame. This is a very obvious subversion of justice and Nigerians are not silly. Shame on all the actors in this 50kobo movie.
This is hilarious  grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Breaking News: Justice Salami Sues Jonathan by Pukkah: 10:52pm On Aug 23, 2011
Gentlemen, please leave out the insults. It does not speak well of anyone and is an indication of lack of control of self or to withstand a dissenting view.

Ultimately, this country belongs to all of us and everyone, regardless of political affiliation, stands to benefit from good government policies or suffer from bad ones.
Re: Breaking News: Justice Salami Sues Jonathan by MMM2(m): 10:55pm On Aug 23, 2011
dat 1 na dere business
Re: Breaking News: Justice Salami Sues Jonathan by 1forall: 11:34pm On Aug 23, 2011
For the sake of reasonable discourse, can a mod silence these noisemakers a little please?

Jarus, oam4j?
Re: Breaking News: Justice Salami Sues Jonathan by Nobody: 11:37pm On Aug 23, 2011
1forall:

For the sake of reasonable discourse, can a mod silence these noisemakers a little please?

Jarus, oam4j?
Unfortunately, the MODs are human with jobs I believe and this is 11:36pm.
Re: Breaking News: Justice Salami Sues Jonathan by PointB: 12:05am On Aug 24, 2011
@Topic, that is what should have been done since, rather than all those noise about legality or not. Let the case begin!!
Re: Breaking News: Justice Salami Sues Jonathan by Upright750: 12:10am On Aug 24, 2011
for me all this are craps. do process and rule of law in the land in a country where more than 20 % of people are above the law. They are using do process rule of law to spoil this country. some people or group of people believe after all they will go to court after they have embezzle billions of naira.  senators, ministers, governors and co always walk away with our money  in the process of going to curt and the so called curt cant rule against because our same lawyers will come out to defend them and some people here will come out to hail them . there are some things president him self have to use his power to handle to safe Nigeria than all this crap of salami to sue him. Big crap of fools.  they went to court every day and came out smiling. and you are here telling me the reason why you like salami and so on. damn it.
Re: Breaking News: Justice Salami Sues Jonathan by senbonzakurakageyoshi(m): 12:27am On Aug 24, 2011
2mch and pro01, while i didn't approve of your interchange, i must confess i was highly amused by it. Two grown a** adults having a go at each other like little girls. Agbayas.

as per the topic, good move by Salami. Better than taking up all the columns in the dailies with empty noise. Wether he will win is another issue entirely. The consequences of his winning are too far reaching for president Jonathan to allow it.
Re: Breaking News: Justice Salami Sues Jonathan by Nobody: 12:29am On Aug 24, 2011
senbonzakura_kageyoshi:

2mch and pro01, while i didn't approve of your interchange, i must confess i was highly amused by it. Two grown a** adults having a go at each other like little girls. Agbayas.

as per the topic, good move by Salami. Better than taking up all the columns in the dailies with empty noise. Wether he will win is another issue entirely. The consequences of his winning are too far reaching for president Jonathan to allow it.
Very correct
Re: Breaking News: Justice Salami Sues Jonathan by kukulaja: 12:30am On Aug 24, 2011
i wish ayo salami well in all his legal pursuit. seeking redress to injustice, and to goodluck jonathan, he should let his level of education reflect in all his deeds and action, he should not behave like an illitrate presidents we had in the past whose hallmark are to dictate their wish to the judiciary officers and back it up with bribery to swing judgement in their favour. sad
Re: Breaking News: Justice Salami Sues Jonathan by airmark(m): 12:43am On Aug 24, 2011
2mch, na u 1st called pro1 a fool. Did u expect him not to respond? Everyone has right to his/her opinion. If you wanna argue, do like sensible and cultured person.
Re: Breaking News: Justice Salami Sues Jonathan by doctokwus: 12:55am On Aug 24, 2011
Dey both literary stole d topIc,wat a late nite drama!
Re: Breaking News: Justice Salami Sues Jonathan by efisher(m): 3:04am On Aug 24, 2011
Another IBB & OBJ in the making! (Interpret my statement as you like) cheesy
Re: Breaking News: Justice Salami Sues Jonathan by mbulela: 8:04am On Aug 24, 2011
This case is beyond Salami being right nor wrong.
I could not care less for that.
I am more worried at a NJC that ignores court oreders,dodges being served court papers and acts like a lawless mafia.
How can any sane person have hope in such a judicial system?
This is the reason why people resort to extra judicial processes and things like assasination remain rampant in our society.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Three Igbos get senior executive and judiciary positions in New Jersey, USA / Opinion: Kogi State Is Not Supposed To Be Part Of The North / Why Ghana Is Better Than Nigeria (from Your Resident Ghanaian Kwadjo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.