Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,951 members, 7,806,747 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:28 PM

Omeife: First African Humanoid Robot Built And Completed In Nigeria. - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Omeife: First African Humanoid Robot Built And Completed In Nigeria. (40230 Views)

"It Is So Real": Meet 'omeife' Africa's First Human-like Robot Built In Nigeria / Meet Omeife: The First African Humanoid Robot / Indian Goat Gives Birth To ‘Humanoid Kid’ With Baby-Like Face (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Omeife: First African Humanoid Robot Built And Completed In Nigeria. by Lumenasblog(m): 10:01pm On Nov 13, 2022
Omeife: First African Humanoid Robot Built and Completed in Nigeria.

Africa's first humanoid robot, 'Omeife' has been built by a two-year-old Nigerian technology company called Uniccon Group in Abuja, Nigeria.

The 6-feet tall bilingual or can we call it a multi-lingual robot named 'Omeife' is a female Igbo figure/character that provides language as a service for businesses needing to integrate native African audiences. She is also a multipurpose and assistance robot. She speaks African languages and is programmed to have a deep understanding of African culture and behavioural patterns. Took two years to create and actually capable of speaking and understanding eight different languages; it can speak English, French, Arabic, Kiswahili, Pidgin, Hausa, Yoruba, Igbo and Afrikaans. Now ready to interact with the outside world.

Omeife also has terrain intelligence, knowing the ground and having stability on the floor, which helps it navigate on non-flat surfaces and maintain good balance. It also has GPS for location and state-management for knowing whether the system is standing, walking, talking and so on as well as Advanced Gestures. It expresses while talking, gives hand illustrations, smiles and makes other bodily gestures.

Boasting a good grip, it has the ability to understand shape and how to hold things with its hand. Conversation wise, it has realtime understanding, can actively listen and focus on a specific conversation thread as it’s happening.

It has the ability to switch languages and interact with specific gestures and possesses native accent, complete with pitch and vocabulary detailed pronunciations of words, sentences and even phrases.

Omeife can also identify and tag humans through face and facial expressions; pay attention to a specific item when required; identify objects and knows their characteristics as well as calculate positions and distance of objects it sees.

The group added that it was built with top social interactive skills as it can pay attention to a specific person to keep conversations alive, is polite, careful and aware of words, phrases, sentences and expressions that are not polite in African cultures; safe for kids and not reactive; knowledgeable in various fields and always teachable as it has a learning pipeline to always improve and understand new things from conversations and has the ability to recall, understand old concepts better with new information.

Speaking on the Omeife project, Chuks Ekwueme, CEO, Uniccon Group of Companies, said, “Africa is fast being recognized for its contribution to the global tech ecosystem. Through Omeife and other projects, we’re happy to play a part in helping businesses and people all over Africa achieve their fullest potential by providing access to the most innovative technologies for efficiency.”

'Omeife' is an Igbo word which translates in English to mean 'doer of things'.

Great feat for Nigeria and Africa ����

74 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Omeife: First African Humanoid Robot Built And Completed In Nigeria. by Franzinni: 10:26pm On Nov 13, 2022
The igbofication is not a wise idea.

They could have made it an African representation generally. But igbofication only show naivety.

But what do I even know

49 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Omeife: First African Humanoid Robot Built And Completed In Nigeria. by JASONjnr(m): 10:46pm On Nov 13, 2022
Omo.... Nigeria will be great and talent like this will be encouraged under his excellency PO...

194 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Omeife: First African Humanoid Robot Built And Completed In Nigeria. by Samfloxin(m): 10:56pm On Nov 13, 2022
Franzinni:

They could have made it an African representation generally. But igbofication only show naivety.

But what do I even know
You don't know

262 Likes 19 Shares

Re: Omeife: First African Humanoid Robot Built And Completed In Nigeria. by Resourcesswift: 11:10pm On Nov 13, 2022
Franzinni:

But what do I even know
thank God u don't know anything apart from being an urchiñ

305 Likes 22 Shares

Re: Omeife: First African Humanoid Robot Built And Completed In Nigeria. by Franzinni: 11:21pm On Nov 13, 2022
Resourcesswift:
thank God u don't know anything apart from being an urchiñ
typical naive behavior... If I didn't know, I would be offended but I know for a fact you express yourself from a place of stack ignorance and so I will take the advice which says.

Avoid rolling in the mud with swine, people won't be able to tell the difference after some time.

45 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Omeife: First African Humanoid Robot Built And Completed In Nigeria. by Resourcesswift: 9:45am On Nov 14, 2022
Franzinni:
typical naive behavior... If I didn't know, I would be offended but I know for a fact you express yourself from a place of stack ignorance and so I will take the advice which says.

Avoid rolling in the mud with swine, people won't be able to tell the difference after some time.
please do resist the urge to mention me!!
Just go and jump into the lagoon

156 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Omeife: First African Humanoid Robot Built And Completed In Nigeria. by Franzinni: 11:08am On Nov 14, 2022
Resourcesswift:
please do resist the urge to mention me!!
Just go and jump into the lagoon
small mind with small thinking .... What is lagoon that you know ... If you get it ehn ... Olodo grin

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Omeife: First African Humanoid Robot Built And Completed In Nigeria. by Whalewale(m): 10:37am On Nov 15, 2022
This is innovative.

To be honest, I am highly positive and hopeful for the great things that would come forth from Nigeria in the coming decade.

Kudos to the team.

64 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Omeife: First African Humanoid Robot Built And Completed In Nigeria. by leadnipsey(m): 12:44am On Nov 16, 2022
I never knw there's a AI research and robotics engineer in Nigeria. Waww!! I got to check it out....

52 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Omeife: First African Humanoid Robot Built And Completed In Nigeria. by leadnipsey(m): 12:47am On Nov 16, 2022
You have their URL?
Lumenasblog:
Omeife: First African Humanoid Robot Built and Completed in Nigeria.

Africa's first humanoid robot, 'Omeife' has been built by a two-year-old Nigerian technology company called Uniccon Group in Abuja, Nigeria.

The 6-feet tall bilingual or can we call it a multi-lingual robot named 'Omeife' is a female Igbo figure/character that provides language as a service for businesses needing to integrate native African audiences. She is also a multipurpose and assistance robot. She speaks African languages and is programmed to have a deep understanding of African culture and behavioural patterns. Took two years to create and actually capable of speaking and understanding eight different languages; it can speak English, French, Arabic, Kiswahili, Pidgin, Hausa, Yoruba, Igbo and Afrikaans. Now ready to interact with the outside world.

Omeife also has terrain intelligence, knowing the ground and having stability on the floor, which helps it navigate on non-flat surfaces and maintain good balance. It also has GPS for location and state-management for knowing whether the system is standing, walking, talking and so on as well as Advanced Gestures. It expresses while talking, gives hand illustrations, smiles and makes other bodily gestures.

Boasting a good grip, it has the ability to understand shape and how to hold things with its hand. Conversation wise, it has realtime understanding, can actively listen and focus on a specific conversation thread as it’s happening.

It has the ability to switch languages and interact with specific gestures and possesses native accent, complete with pitch and vocabulary detailed pronunciations of words, sentences and even phrases.

Omeife can also identify and tag humans through face and facial expressions; pay attention to a specific item when required; identify objects and knows their characteristics as well as calculate positions and distance of objects it sees.

The group added that it was built with top social interactive skills as it can pay attention to a specific person to keep conversations alive, is polite, careful and aware of words, phrases, sentences and expressions that are not polite in African cultures; safe for kids and not reactive; knowledgeable in various fields and always teachable as it has a learning pipeline to always improve and understand new things from conversations and has the ability to recall, understand old concepts better with new information.

Speaking on the Omeife project, Chuks Ekwueme, CEO, Uniccon Group of Companies, said, “Africa is fast being recognized for its contribution to the global tech ecosystem. Through Omeife and other projects, we’re happy to play a part in helping businesses and people all over Africa achieve their fullest potential by providing access to the most innovative technologies for efficiency.”

'Omeife' is an Igbo word which translates in English to mean 'doer of things'.

Great feat for Nigeria and Africa ����

3 Likes

Re: Omeife: First African Humanoid Robot Built And Completed In Nigeria. by jeeqaa7(m): 8:56am On Dec 08, 2022
obi is coming

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Omeife: First African Humanoid Robot Built And Completed In Nigeria. by Akwamkpuruamu: 8:56am On Dec 08, 2022
Nice innovation

14 Likes

Re: Omeife: First African Humanoid Robot Built And Completed In Nigeria. by Offpoint1: 8:57am On Dec 08, 2022
Nairaland with old News, news that circulated almost 3 weeks now is just getting to Nairaland.

By the ways, it's a good step. I still have 2% Faith in Nigeria.

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Omeife: First African Humanoid Robot Built And Completed In Nigeria. by DevilSignature: 8:57am On Dec 08, 2022
grin

Wonderful

Omeife na fine girl

I go go pay her Bride make come her, dude need helping hands in his vultures grills business

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Omeife: First African Humanoid Robot Built And Completed In Nigeria. by Brendaniel: 8:57am On Dec 08, 2022
Hmmm
Re: Omeife: First African Humanoid Robot Built And Completed In Nigeria. by boldking(m): 8:58am On Dec 08, 2022
Looks like plane crash VICTIM���. Boys are not smiling

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Omeife: First African Humanoid Robot Built And Completed In Nigeria. by Goodday90(m): 8:58am On Dec 08, 2022
Franzinni:

But what do I even know
so in the nearest future you yoruba people will claim it

Some Yoruba are now claiming Nollywood even when they hated to be associated with Nollywood and called their own industry Yoruba movie then

57 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Omeife: First African Humanoid Robot Built And Completed In Nigeria. by ArmaniUhuru: 8:58am On Dec 08, 2022
Franzinni:

But what do I even know

Appreciate the innovation and shut your tribalistic mouth.

82 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Omeife: First African Humanoid Robot Built And Completed In Nigeria. by Doubleoh7: 8:58am On Dec 08, 2022
We have the brains in this part of the world, we only need the enabling environment to soar beyond our present level and that's what scares the rest of the world.
Franzinni:

But what do I even know
Emancipate yourself from mental slavery please. We are always quick to look up to other people's culture and value, but quick to denigrate ours, terming it all sorts of condescending names. You have to assign value to yours and promote it vehemently, only then will outsiders pick interest in it and from there, other value added services follow.

31 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Omeife: First African Humanoid Robot Built And Completed In Nigeria. by Marvieduke(f): 8:58am On Dec 08, 2022
We have great talents in this country but the evil leaders we have are not encouraging.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Omeife: First African Humanoid Robot Built And Completed In Nigeria. by Almaigaa: 8:58am On Dec 08, 2022
Franzinni:

But what do I even know

Why relate this Robort to Igbo? The Robort no get Yam legs, e no get bear bear for face, e no get bear bear for Chest and the Robort no bleach.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Omeife: First African Humanoid Robot Built And Completed In Nigeria. by Righthussle: 8:58am On Dec 08, 2022
Franzinni:

But what do I even know

When something is Igbo that thing is African. Igbo is Africa.

Learn to appreciate good things my friend.

69 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Omeife: First African Humanoid Robot Built And Completed In Nigeria. by ShoeWorld2(m): 8:58am On Dec 08, 2022
Nigeria is highly talented. We're supposed to be using our large population to our advantage but it seems that our large population is filled with slaves that will continue to vote, defend and fight for their masters even when it's clear that their masters Loot what it's not good lipsrsealed.

I sell beautiful sneakers at affordable prices

3 Likes

Re: Omeife: First African Humanoid Robot Built And Completed In Nigeria. by FrancescoFarino(f): 8:58am On Dec 08, 2022
Wow

Fantastic !

2 Likes

Re: Omeife: First African Humanoid Robot Built And Completed In Nigeria. by Kehinde2100: 8:59am On Dec 08, 2022
Bb
Re: Omeife: First African Humanoid Robot Built And Completed In Nigeria. by BossGerald: 8:59am On Dec 08, 2022
Igbo mara mma nke ukwuu wink

Igbo to the world

38 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Omeife: First African Humanoid Robot Built And Completed In Nigeria. by agadez007(m): 8:59am On Dec 08, 2022
Franzinni:

But what do I even know
Did anyone stop you from making yours and yorubanizing it?

52 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Omeife: First African Humanoid Robot Built And Completed In Nigeria. by Highways: 8:59am On Dec 08, 2022
Franzinni:

But what do I even know

Tribalism will not allow you see that Igbo is still Africa....

Igbo matter will kill people like you.... Monqui...

48 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Omeife: First African Humanoid Robot Built And Completed In Nigeria. by MrDoGood(m): 8:59am On Dec 08, 2022
Franzinni:

But what do I even know

NOTHING

27 Likes

Re: Omeife: First African Humanoid Robot Built And Completed In Nigeria. by boldking(m): 8:59am On Dec 08, 2022
JASONjnr:
Omo.... Nigeria will be great and talent like this will be encouraged under his excellency PO...

God bless you…. E clear

10 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Kenyan Men Chase & Capture Cheetahs, That Were Killing Their Goats / Yemi Akinyemi Dele Selected By Yusaku Maezawa For Moon Trip / Nickel Discovery In Nigeria: What, Where & Why Nickel Is Used

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.