Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,861 members, 7,802,757 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:55 PM

Have Libyans Made A Huge Mistake By Removing Gaddafi? - Foreign Affairs (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Have Libyans Made A Huge Mistake By Removing Gaddafi? (18864 Views)

Libyans Will Regret What They Did To Ghadafi.! / Libyans Under Gaddafi Live A Better Life Than Americans / Are Libyans Ignorant Of Their Own Racial Makeup Or Just Plain Racist (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Have Libyans Made A Huge Mistake By Removing Gaddafi? by lucas12: 6:29pm On Aug 24, 2011
this is the beginning of second slavery for Libyan
Re: Have Libyans Made A Huge Mistake By Removing Gaddafi? by VUVUZELA10: 6:30pm On Aug 24, 2011
@MIrhABi
Please do not get wrong. I am not joining issues with you. I appreciate your right to express your opinion. Reading through your article the question that readily comes to mind is what is freedom if the future is brink and mortgaged. A leader is one who knows the way, goes the way and show the way. Gadaffi is a born leader. He led his country in the right direction. Libya was prosperous under him. Imagine this occurrence. As criminals were busy looting Gadaffi's compound earthquake happened in US and White House and important institutions in US were hurrily evacuated. Doubtlessly Libya will never get out this mess in the twenty years.
Re: Have Libyans Made A Huge Mistake By Removing Gaddafi? by Rgp92: 6:30pm On Aug 24, 2011
buzugee:

this is absolute bollocks. you have drank the western kool-aid and you are now drunk. first of all FREEDOM IS MONEY. without money you are in chains, but i digress, western democracy is nothing but a concocted piece of crap. in other for a country to prosper there has to be CONTINUITY. america is crumbling because of this silly 4 year democracy. every 4 years one comes in and undoes all the good done in the previous 4 years. its a totally insane and inane concept. clinton comes in and there is surplus and then bush comes in and cuts taxes for all his rich cronies and speeds up globalization and the outsourcing of american jobs and then indulges in wars that bankrupts the nation. MY POINT BEING, stop rehashing american rhetoric. democracy is insane. continuity is needed for ideas to be immersed and enmeshed and to take effect. personally i think every leader should be given at least 10 years in power. the libyan people did not do this for FREEDOM. they are already free. they have money and can travel where they like. the people who done this are just pawns used by the west but they themselves are in this because they want to take away the freedom of libya. they want to enact draconian islamic laws. so lets kill all the FREEDOM rhetoric. MONEY IS FREEDOM. with money you have CHOICES.

Re: Have Libyans Made A Huge Mistake By Removing Gaddafi? by 4llerbuntu(m): 6:36pm On Aug 24, 2011
hmmn, very amusing. are we now having a propaganda campaign for muammar?

look, all theze fantabulous tales are simply rubbish. if the picture you painted above were really to be true then libya is practically the best nation in the entire planet.

for one, i fail to see why and how receiving money for doing nothing is a briliant idea, but then as nigerians i can see why the thought appeals to you lot.

then again, if all this were true, the thousands of people celebrating are brain dead? im sure u prolly think babangoda was nigeria best leader.

now this mythical free 500 dollar, what is its real market value? in nigeria once the word dollar is mentioned all reason flies out the window.
what can a libyan purchase with 500 dollars, which i suspect is not even rated as american dollars?

in the west they practice free support and welfare payments too. its so novel to a nigerian. THE WORD FREE HAS TO BE THE BEST WORD IN NIGERIA, FREE MONEY.

now i cannoy fathom how a very useless bigot dictator has morphed overnite into tbe second coming of saviour. are u saying everyone is wrong about him?

let me remind u this is a man who thought nothing of KILLING, NOT ARREST/INCARCERATION, KILLING his subjects for dissent.

this is also a man who back every useless vermin called dictators and sit tight rulers in africa with that same wealth from libyan oil. abacha's ardent supporter.
THIS IS A MAN WHO STAUNCHLY SUPPORTED CHARLES TAYLOR AND HIS GENOCIDE.
the above are not hearsay, they are documented facts with gaddafi expressing them

that is the man u will have us believe is the second coming. thank God not everyone thinks like you else we would already be subjects of overlord gaddafi in his united nations of africa hare brained scheme with him naturally as leader for life.

africans should quit looking for someone to apportion blames for their uselessness. the white men, americans etc do not have a mandate from anywhere to loom after you like helpless pets.

gadaffi is now a good dictator. the rebels now a Small gang of thieves. hmmnn na wah.can dollars?

in the west they practice free support and welfare payments too. its so novel to a nigerian. THE WORD FREE HAS TO BE THE BEST WORD IN NIGERIA, FREE MONEY.

now i cannoy fathom how a very useless bigot dictator has morphed overnite into tbe second coming of saviour. are u saying everyone is wrong about him?

let me remind u this is a man who thought nothing of KILLING, NOT ARREST/INCARCERATION, KILLING his subjects for dissent.

this is also a man who back every useless vermin called dictators and sit tight rulers in africa with that same wealth from libyan oil. abacha's ardent supporter.
the above are not hearsay, they are documented facts with gaddafi expressing them

that is the man u will have us believe is the second coming. thank God not everyone thinks like you else we would already be subjects of overlord gaddafi in his united nations of africa hare brained scheme with him naturally as leader for life.

africans should quit looking for someone to apportion blames for their uselessness. the white men, americans etc do not have a mandate from anywhere to loom after you like helpless pets.

gadaffi is now a good dictator. the rebels now a Small gang of thieves. hmmnn na wah.
Re: Have Libyans Made A Huge Mistake By Removing Gaddafi? by omoekoni(m): 6:37pm On Aug 24, 2011
By the time they unfreeze  libya's assets and money, some people somewhere will become overnight billionaires. grin grin grin grin
Re: Have Libyans Made A Huge Mistake By Removing Gaddafi? by Nobody: 6:37pm On Aug 24, 2011
The Libyans made better choice. Oil is not going to remain forever. Now that alternative energy is the future the people must diversify their economy and learn to be useful and skillful in many areas to develop their own technology industry and develop their economy as well.

I don't think Libya is better than Nigeria in may ways leaving out this over exaggerated Living standard of Libyans who would soon become dependent on foreigners for everything in the future - at least Nigeria is paving a way for diversity which I don't see in Libya despite small population with enormous wealth.

It is better the issue is addressed now than having one man enriching his family to the detriment of the abundant resources without diversifying the economy. People definition of the strength of Libya as per living standard whereas this depends on ability of the educated Libyans to exercise intellectuals to lead a nation to advancement is not talked about here.

Stop comparing Libya to Nigeria. Nigeria is a nation of over 150 million people which Libya is just a mere 1/4 of Lagos state population. The number of Nigerians educated and qualified to be standard world wide is above all Libyans added together. While the oil reserve of Libya is the largest in Africa it proves people wrong that Gaddafi could have done better only, to see his country is more or less in a states disrepair, poor infrastructure, many unskillful Libyans(leaving reading and writing in Arabic aside), Unexposed society to the world - average Libyans don't know anything about computer software development, mobile communications and internet users very low in relative to the population,etc.

People argument is on living standard is high that is based on provision of basic amenities like free housing, water, electricity,food and transport alone can't define a society that will stand for the future. Many Libyans are beginning to realize that there are challenges in the future if Libya remained in the hand of Gaddafi like the way it has been without reformation or change of govt.

You can quickly blame the Western nations for the problem but many other Arab nations are asking for change too and that is not the reason why Libyans can't not ask for their freedom when other are doing so. This case of Libya is unique because it is a revolution that must be differentiated from uprising - the former dethrones a leader and replaces it with another while the latter might not necessarily succeed in removing a leader but succeed in making changes through reformations. That's why Libya case is unique.

The Muammar Gaddafi people are defending here as not being a puppet of the West yet has large part of his investments in Western nations leave many arguments to be questioned. I don't believe in such clear-cut statements which litter this forum.
Re: Have Libyans Made A Huge Mistake By Removing Gaddafi? by Koolking(m): 6:37pm On Aug 24, 2011
cinzo:

This is what I have been shouting from the rooftops since! Give me electricity,good roads,good health care system and you can loot all the treasury for all I care.

But these are not even in place!

Libyans will wake up soon and realize they have shot themselves in the foot.

Well said. Who cares if and or who loots the treasury provided the common man (as the majority is known) is satisfied with the basic needs of life. Give us that sense of belonging.

horny4u:

If the wall ( Libya) has no opening the lizard (Nato) cannot get in,

A great leader understands the dynamics of continuation , Libya is not a family ,, it is a nation and Ghaddaffi should have used the democratic method of leadership so there was a free and fair election.

People must vote for their leaders, no point going to sit on the top of a tree where you can see the mountain top only to start feeling like you are on the mountain becos once the tree falls you are back to square one and will have to climb the mountain to see its top.

At least Nigeria is sorting itself out daily, and climbing our mountain small by small, our elections are getting better every time and we are not being run by a single family.

people must vote their leaders? Just like what we are having in Nigeria? What are votes and leaders when they are not leading? No dividends of votes whatsoever?

Some of us don't seem to understand the yearnings of Nigerians. Rule with your family but spoil us with our basic needs, even with affordable costs. After all Nigeria has already been run by a family. Check the political landscape, it harbours recycled people that keep rigmarole the polity.

Nigeria is not sorting itself. In fact, things seem regressing not even stagnant. No sign, there is hope.

The west has become a serious virus to the Continent of Africa. As a president in Africa, if you don't bend to be extorted, the incite the people, your neighbours against you. In as much as I strongly condemn absolute powers and bad leaders, I will always be a proponent of truth and justice in all ramifications.

A day of reckoning will soon come. We will be free.
Re: Have Libyans Made A Huge Mistake By Removing Gaddafi? by Nobody: 6:38pm On Aug 24, 2011
@omoekoni

Do you think Muammar Gaddafi and his family are not billionaires?
Re: Have Libyans Made A Huge Mistake By Removing Gaddafi? by buzugee(m): 6:39pm On Aug 24, 2011
Rgp92:

preciate the applause Bros grin
Re: Have Libyans Made A Huge Mistake By Removing Gaddafi? by chamber2(m): 6:40pm On Aug 24, 2011
hmmn, very amusing. are we now having a propaganda campaign for muammar?

look, all theze fantabulous tales are simply rubbish. if the picture you painted above were really to be true then libya is practically the best nation in the entire planet.

for one, i fail to see why and how receiving money for doing nothing is a briliant idea, but then as nigerians i can see why the thought appeals to you lot.

then again, if all this were true, the thousands of people celebrating are brain dead? im sure u prolly think babangoda was nigeria best leader.

now this mythical free 500 dollar, what is its real market value? in nigeria once the word dollar is mentioned all reason flies out the window.
what can a libyan purchase with 500 dollars, which i suspect is not even rated as  american dollars?

that is the man u will have us believe is the second coming.  thank God not everyone thinks like you else we would already be subjects of overlord gaddafi in his united nations of africa hare brained scheme with him naturally as leader for life.

gadaffi is now a good dictator. the rebels now a Small gang of thieves. hmmnn na wah.can dollars?

that is the man u will have us believe is the second coming.  thank God not everyone thinks like you else we would already be subjects of overlord gaddafi in his united nations of africa hare brained scheme with him naturally as leader for life.

gadaffi is now a good dictator. the rebels now a Small gang of thieves. hmmnn na wah.

Agreeable
Re: Have Libyans Made A Huge Mistake By Removing Gaddafi? by omoekoni(m): 6:43pm On Aug 24, 2011
@all4naija

the point being, Libya is in for a tough time because the unfrozen asset/ money is going to be shared among the rebels and possibly the NATO big boys, no one will bother to monitor how it is spent
Re: Have Libyans Made A Huge Mistake By Removing Gaddafi? by Nobody: 6:51pm On Aug 24, 2011
^^^^
That's not true. Before the frozen money will be released there has to be a practical govt. in place. The allied nations and the rebels have agreed to that.

Where did you get that news from?
Re: Have Libyans Made A Huge Mistake By Removing Gaddafi? by Rastamann: 6:51pm On Aug 24, 2011
Why a mistake after ruling for aver 40 years? Africans like power a lot, how can a man rule for more than 40 years and still clutch to power at all cost? he will be lucky if he is not killed.
Re: Have Libyans Made A Huge Mistake By Removing Gaddafi? by yuzedo: 6:55pm On Aug 24, 2011
All of you talking about "freedom" and "democracy" for Libya are phfuuuuuuulz!!  angry angry (No offence)  undecided
Nigeria = "Democratic" and "Free" for donkey years. . What to show for it? Boko Haram. No Power. Bad Roads. ABJECT poverty. Joblessness.
Anybody that'll gimme $500 for just being a citizen should come and rule me, rather than clueless oafs who practice the pareto law and appropriate 90% of the revenue to themselves (10% of the population)
Mind u, your voice doesn't motherf.u.c.king count in naija so which freedom do u have?? I just pity Libya! And all u porous zombies supporting western agenda, two words. . ┌П┐(•_•)┌П┐
Neo-colonialism obviously don't mean Poo to y'all! If u think u have freedom, obstruct a govt convoy, or let your car break-down in front of a general's house, and let those who are being sustained with YOUR tax do what Klitscho did to Samuel Peters to u!
U obviously don't know why the west propagates democracy so much,  So that they can seperate the broom into individual sticks! And from whence, control and manipulate them. Y'all don't have a clue how many senators and ministers are in the pockets of the west, doing their bidding, (hi madam diezani). And u talk about "freeing" Libya up just like that huh?! Ok!

undecided

If Ghadaffi is going to gimme $500/N75,000 AND provide all the amenities he did for his people, he can come be my president. . Cos God knows I don't have one at the moment! Far better than no $500 and still no infrastructure. Democracy my @ss!  

Re: Have Libyans Made A Huge Mistake By Removing Gaddafi? by vicenzo(m): 6:56pm On Aug 24, 2011
Stupid libyans,they should have looked at iraq.NATO couldnt believe their luck.
Re: Have Libyans Made A Huge Mistake By Removing Gaddafi? by Digriz(m): 6:58pm On Aug 24, 2011
Libyans will regret this bt i think the greedy elites were the ones responsible for this,their interest is not for libyans bt for their own selfish gains. i weep for libyans.
Re: Have Libyans Made A Huge Mistake By Removing Gaddafi? by omoekoni(m): 7:01pm On Aug 24, 2011
@all4naija

check this:

70% money is going to go to  foreign construction companies in the form of contracts for them to come and re-build the country. So basically the money is going back to where it's coming from, Already the rebels have collected $144million from Germany in Loan. How does that make sense? you have frozen assets, yet you have started borrowing money already. Why can't they wait for UN resolution to Unfreeze the asset. Who has asked what the loan was for? no one. Libya has never borrowed money in 40 years, the country is going to become like Nigeria, looting and money wasting.

I can't help it, I'm futuristic wink
Re: Have Libyans Made A Huge Mistake By Removing Gaddafi? by Nobody: 7:05pm On Aug 24, 2011
Re: Have Libyans Made A Huge Mistake By Removing Gaddafi? by o2dlomez(m): 7:09pm On Aug 24, 2011
[size=15pt]Over £1m have been offered by two business men to any one that get Ghaddafi, dead or alive. then the rebels are granting Amnesty to the person. SMH[/size]
Re: Have Libyans Made A Huge Mistake By Removing Gaddafi? by omoekoni(m): 7:15pm On Aug 24, 2011
@yuzedo
Ghaddafi was an ass and a demonic dude. we all agree. but what i am saying is that no country can go from no democracy to perfect democracy just like that. The process could take a century!. I feel sorry for Libya because they are about to embark on a very very long journey of democracy. They will first of all go through mad corruption, political assassinations, e.t.c. Don't forget there are 150 different tribes.

I wish you God's speed, Libya!
Re: Have Libyans Made A Huge Mistake By Removing Gaddafi? by phoenix33: 7:19pm On Aug 24, 2011
Guyman02:

Iraqis thought Sadam was their problem, but now they wish for the Sadam years with regular suicide bombings and American forces committing atrocities. The war has just started among the different tribes and  the Libyans will soon realise what hit them.

Let me quote Venezuela President Hugo Chavez:

"Now president Obama said he will collaborate economically with the 'new government', which of course we do not recognize," Chavez said. Economic collaboration means stealing Libya's abundant wealth that had been shared around Africa without any debt nor borrowing from banks, giving Libya the highest standard of living in Africa.

Libyan citizens enjoyed perks which are the dream of those in the west: free unlimited health and dental care, free unlimited funding for education anywhere in the world, rent-free house, $60,000 to couples upon getting married. This was carried out in line with the "Third Universal Theory" as explained in The Green Book which Colonel Muammar Qaddafi authored after leaving government in 1979.

According to this formula, all natural resources belong to everyone, so the oil and other assets of Libya, revenue is totalled each year, and then after expenditure on all required free education, health, married couples start-up boost, free electricity supply to each home, the remaining money is then divided by the entire population and deposited into their personal bank accounts -- currently around $500 free money each month, whilst they also may additionally earn from any work they do without this being affected.
After Libya's assets abroad at the outset of the war on Libya earlier this year, including $32 billions ear-marked for the creation of an African Monetary Fund, African Central Bank, and African Investment Bank, which would have spelt the end of World Bank and International Monetary Fund control of the African continent, this September, Venezuela has set the way forward for other nations to withdraw funds from western banks as well as the gold reserves.

I weep for the Libyan people. I cant even imagine our own retarde.d president GEJ congratulating and recognising the Alqueda rebels on behalf of America.
The US embassy is in Aso Rock afterall he told them how inexperienced he was to lead nigeria before the last elections. I have not encountered any Nigerian who has said that he/she voted GEJ because of his intelligence without Tribal and Religious sentiments or just wanting something new from a different part of Nigeria.

Some say Libyans want freedom, when they are allowed to go abroad at will; have you ever seen a Libyan searching for job abroad or in Nigeria.
Women have the most freedom than any muslim country, getting to the highest ranks in the military, freedom to drive a car, freedom to study any course and not wear hijab or niqab.
Women are so powerful under Gadafi but the rebels will give them sharia and confine them to the houses and force them to cover their faces and flog them on the streets and stone them to fight if caught Being Intimate with a man without being married .
so because gaddafhi feed the people of Libya that has make him "god" hum . i think it is time for him to change hand of leadership this is why the Libyans rose up to their call, imagine you has a Nigerian been rule since by Gen BABANGIDA BADOMASI from 1980s till date!! how will you have being able to cope as a citizen with the rigidness of a military rig-em?
least to say of a man that has rule the land for more than four decades. I dont think Nigerians will ever take that for that too long. The people of Libya want a change and it has to come with a price, they know what they want and not even the  western countries will tell them  how to continue from where they are now.
Re: Have Libyans Made A Huge Mistake By Removing Gaddafi? by bossinie: 7:21pm On Aug 24, 2011
horny4u:

If the wall ( Libya) has no opening  the lizard (Nato) cannot get in,

A great leader understands the dynamics of continuation , Libya is not a family ,, it is a nation and Ghaddaffi should have used the democratic method of leadership so there was a free and fair election.

People must vote for their leaders, no point going to sit on the top of a tree where you can see the mountain top only to start feeling like you are on the mountain becos once the tree falls you are back to square one and will have to climb the mountain to see its top.

At least Nigeria is sorting itself out daily, and climbing our mountain small by small, our elections are getting better every time and we are not being run by a single family.
There is no justification under the sun,where you apply justice via violence to to correct an act/action of injustice and do not end up breeding anarchy.Mark my words the[i] fall of America is imminent[/i] because you cannot keep on playing God at any instance which affords you selfish gratification at the expense of the peace of a sovereign nation and expect to keep the peace in your home front no matter the reliability of the human & regional resource control techniques that have worked and how long they have worked.America and it's allies in Europe are failing economies which have long perfected the art of modern day colonialism preying on the selfishness of sit-tight leaders of oil rich nations by inciting the naive populace of these countries to rise up against their leaders for the ultimate aim of plundering their resources.All the nations America and it's western allies have intervened in their democratic process after ousting their leaders are worse-of today than they were before this unholy intervention, Afghanistan,Iraq etc. now Libya.

The danger in this blatant brute force in ousting sit-tight leaders whom i believe have overstayed their relevance is that with time when the hope of a better society devoid of oppressive governments as promised by these modern colonist is replaced by violence,daily bloodshed on the streets,suicide bombings,increased cost of living, interference in state and economic matters by the US and allies and, they 're-think' and consider the past better than their present state then these "so-called messiahs" will become their common enemy.

There is no reason why the US and allies will engage NATO to do their dirty work by arming the "so-called rebels" and mercineries heavily(weapons they cannot control),bombing and killing civilians all in the name to bring justice to the same people they are killing with air-strikes and artillery weapons.Yes i believe that all sit-tight leaders must give room for democratic process and succession but it must not be by 'FORCE' and definitely not by bloodshed because any victory or peace gotten by violence cannot last.
Re: Have Libyans Made A Huge Mistake By Removing Gaddafi? by chamber2(m): 7:22pm On Aug 24, 2011
this is absolute bollocks. you have drank the western kool-aid and you are now drunk. first of all FREEDOM IS MONEY. without money you are in chains, but i digress, western democracy is nothing but a concocted piece of crap. in other for a country to prosper there has to be CONTINUITY. america is crumbling because of this silly 4 year democracy. every 4 years one  comes in and undoes all the good done in the previous 4 years. its a totally insane and inane concept. clinton comes in and there is surplus and then bush comes in and cuts taxes for all his rich cronies and speeds up globalization and the outsourcing of american jobs and then indulges in wars that bankrupts the nation. MY POINT BEING, stop rehashing american rhetoric. democracy is insane. continuity is needed for ideas to be immersed and enmeshed and to take effect. personally i think every leader should be given at least 10 years in power. the libyan people did not do this for FREEDOM. they are already free. they have money and can travel where they like. the people who done this are just pawns used by the west but they themselves are in this because they want to take away the freedom of libya. they want to enact draconian islamic laws. so lets kill all the FREEDOM rhetoric. MONEY IS FREEDOM. with money you have CHOICES.

whatever may be your understanding of American democracy and its defects is not the issue here. No system is without defect. The fact remains that no body feels comfortable with despotic regimes, except those who benefit from it. It's like saying Abacha's regime was the best for Nigeria just because of constant flow of free money and with it's unrestrained denial of people's right. Money does not equal freedom.No doubt the current events will bring a lot of instability in Libya, but i would rather blame Gaddaffi for all this. Gaddaffi eliminated any opposition and severely restricted lives of ordinary Libyans and his family took over much of the economy and in return the Libyan people were offered $500 in lure of their freedom and yet you consider this as being free.

If Gaddaffi was such a wonderful leader as most of you posit, then i wonder why Libyans are keeping mute to his current predicament.
Re: Have Libyans Made A Huge Mistake By Removing Gaddafi? by kizito96(m): 7:26pm On Aug 24, 2011
Shakespeare said: "any right man has the right to cancel the bond of his captivity" that is what exactly happened. You fight for your freedom, you don't ask or beg for it. Libyans did the right thing.
Re: Have Libyans Made A Huge Mistake By Removing Gaddafi? by Nobody: 7:30pm On Aug 24, 2011
@omoekoni
What's the source of your news? There is nothing wrong in your argument at all. I think you are very intelligent.[i] We shouldn't be afraid of what we don't understand all the time[/i]just a saying I really want to quickly add - it might not perfectly be right but sensible.

Yes, most of the money will be used for construction of Libya because the country is destroyed during the war. Don't be fright over that Libya will be better than what it used to be in the hand of Gaddafi.

Yes, the money will always go back to where it came from in the form of trade by batter. Believe me Libya future is going to be better than what it used to be.

The $144 borrowed by the rebel is just a drop in the ocean compare to their asset abroad. Come on are you telling Libya is going to start going into debt because of this. Nigeria paid off his debt what is remain only to the minimum fraction of our reserve.

Libya is a small country with enormous wealth. Try to see Libya in this picture that it will soon be like Qatar!
Re: Have Libyans Made A Huge Mistake By Removing Gaddafi? by blackboi(m): 7:33pm On Aug 24, 2011
no bi small thing o!
Re: Have Libyans Made A Huge Mistake By Removing Gaddafi? by velo10: 7:37pm On Aug 24, 2011
Great Thread.

But please the title should be corrected. Libyans never removed Ghadaffi, NATO did. If the bombing never begun, Libya would have just been cracking down on Rebels in Benghazi but NATO began bombing and here we are. Enforcing regime change to their own interest.

In no time, Libyans would ask for the Green flag back.
Re: Have Libyans Made A Huge Mistake By Removing Gaddafi? by MIrhABi: 7:38pm On Aug 24, 2011
@ VUVUZELA10

@MIrhABi
Please do not get wrong. I am not joining issues with you. I appreciate your right to express your opinion. Reading through your article the question that readily comes to mind is what is freedom if the future is brink and mortgaged. A leader is one who knows the way, goes the way and show the way. Gadaffi is a born leader. He led his country in the right direction. Libya was prosperous under him. Imagine this occurrence. As criminals were busy looting Gadaffi's compound earthquake happened in US and White House and important institutions in US were hurrily evacuated. Doubtlessly Libya will never get out this mess in the twenty years.

Oga
First of all,i'm very pleased to you that Libyans don't live under the rule of a dictator any longer.To me that is emancipation,FREEDOM!!!!.The future is not brink or mortgage,the fact is that they have paid a price for their freedom.It is now left to them to manage this situation and get back on track.Oga Gadaffi has tried no doubt,you can't tell me Libyans are so fucking daft that they can't produce leaders that can surpass gadaffi's achievements.What is the future of the yet unborn ghandi like leaders if gadaffi's family keeps ruling them with their iron fisted style?.
Re: Have Libyans Made A Huge Mistake By Removing Gaddafi? by Fimmy(m): 7:39pm On Aug 24, 2011
Sometimes i hate that i am an Nigerian,most of us are hypocrites.people love lying to themselves.
PLEASE FOLKS WHATS THE MAIN DUTY OF GOVERNMENT?DID GADDAFI GOVERNMENT PERFORM THIS DUTY OR NOT?
IS THERE ANY LAW IN LIBYA OLD CONSTITUTION N GADDAFI'S GREEN BOOK THAT STATES THE NUMBER OF YEARS AN INDIVIDUAL CAN STAY IN POWER?
Someone said he/she is free in Nigeria,pls stop decisivin urself,u claim u took part in nigeria politics,is it in the election or selection?
The main reason y libya was attacked was cause of OIL n now they have it.
I still dont get why sane people will be in support of REBELS taking over the Government.n u said BOKO HARAM is bad.
I feel for the Libyan,NOW THEY ARE FREE.
Re: Have Libyans Made A Huge Mistake By Removing Gaddafi? by BigMeat2: 7:43pm On Aug 24, 2011
Freedom is not cheap, it is very expensive.
Re: Have Libyans Made A Huge Mistake By Removing Gaddafi? by MIrhABi: 8:05pm On Aug 24, 2011
Chai!!! suffer no good ooo.

I've noticed the way some Nigerians look at the Libyan situation,poverty no be good thing oooooo.If comfortable Libyans can fight for their right and freedom,i wonder what people living under one dollar are still doing.E be like say our poverty level never reach.
Re: Have Libyans Made A Huge Mistake By Removing Gaddafi? by MIrhABi: 8:07pm On Aug 24, 2011
Chai!!! suffer no good ooo.

I've noticed the way some Nigerians look at the Libyan situation,poverty no be good thing oooooo.If comfortable Libyans can fight for their right and freedom,i wonder what people living under one dollar are still doing.E be like say our poverty level never reach.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Zimbabwe To Introduce New Currency In November / Fu Zhenghua: China Ex-justice Minister Jailed For Life Over $16m Bribe / EU Decides To Provide Weapons Worth €500 Million To Ukraine

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 125
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.