Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,430 members, 7,808,532 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:09 PM

Rebels Place $1.7m Bounty On Gaddafi’s Head - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Rebels Place $1.7m Bounty On Gaddafi’s Head (3530 Views)

Syrian Rebels Used Sarin Nerve Gas, Not Assad’s Regime: U.N. Official / Pakistani Govt Condemns Minister's $100K Anti-Islam Film Bounty / Pakistani Minister Offers Bounty On Anti-Islam Filmmaker's Head (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rebels Place $1.7m Bounty On Gaddafi’s Head by Nobody: 11:44pm On Aug 24, 2011
As Burkina Faso offers him exile
THE National Transitional Council in Libya has  offered a million-dollar bounty for the fugitive Muammar Gaddafi, after opposition fighters were urged to carry on a battle that kept the capital in a state of fear.

A day after rebel forces overran his Tripoli headquarters and trashed the symbols of his 42-year dictatorship, rocket and machinegun fire from pockets of loyalists kept the irregular fighters at bay as they tried to hunt down Gaddafi and his sons.

Western leaders who backed the revolt with NATO air power remained wary of declaring outright victory while the 69-year-old Gaddafi is at large.

Gaddafi and his 'Amazons'

The international powers and the rebel government-in-waiting in the eastern city of Benghazi lost no time in making arrangements for a handover of Libya’s substantial foreign assets. Funds will be required to bring relief to war-battered towns and to develop oil reserves that can make Libya rich.

Washington was about to submit a U.N. resolution to release an immediate $1.5 billion for humanitarian needs.

In Benghazi, the chairman of the National Council gave a sense of urgency to finding Gaddafi, who the rebels believe may still be in or around Tripoli, having left his Bab al-Aziziya compound in the capital before it fell on Tuesday.

Meanwhile, Burkina Faso has offered Gaddafi exile but has also recognised the rebel National Transitional Council (NTC) as Libya’s government.

The West African country is a former recipient of large amounts of Libyan aid,

Chad, another major aid recipient, also recognised the rebel council.

The African nations join a list of more than 40 countries who have recognised the rebels who have taken control of most of Libya and are now hunting the veteran leader.

Burkinabe Foreign Minister Yipene Djibril Bassolet said that Gaddafi could go into exile in his country even though it is a signatory of the International Criminal Court, which has charged him crimes against humanity.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/08/rebels-place-1-7m-bounty-on-gaddafi%e2%80%99s-head/
Re: Rebels Place $1.7m Bounty On Gaddafi’s Head by Gennarino(m): 1:42am On Aug 25, 2011
I just hope they get him soon so we can finally get some closure on this issue.
Re: Rebels Place $1.7m Bounty On Gaddafi’s Head by seedord247(m): 1:45am On Aug 25, 2011
Gennarino:

I just hope they get him soon so we can finally get some closure on this issue.

wettin go be your share if they catch him
Re: Rebels Place $1.7m Bounty On Gaddafi’s Head by lastpage: 1:50am On Aug 25, 2011
Dont mind these NATO and Rebel guys!
They've been playing their "Propaganda War" from day 1.

I know we dont like Ghadafi in these part of the world but lets be objective about "him" and the "interest of the NATO/Americans" in all these.

*First they told us Ghadafi and his sons are surrounded.
*Then they said "one body" is the dead body of one of his sons
*Then they said on Tuesday, ALL his three sons have been captured!
*Then we heard the "baad-man" himself made a radio broad cast! WTF?
*and then Saif Al-Islam also paraded himself openly in Tripoli!
Where is all the capture then?

And before you could say 'wetin', we heard the sons have escaped one by one! grin

Chineke, now its $1.7m on his head!

Nobody in his right senses expected Ghadafi to win this war, imagine an African country flooring the whole of America and European Powers combined? Naaah, give him credit that he lasted this long, if na Naija, it is just three days and all our soldiers will just remove their Uniform grin
Reminds me of what the Policemen do, when they hear Armed robbers are operating nearby! shocked

But did anyone remember that British BP was the first to say its going back to lick Ghadafi's sweet Brent crude oil? (The sweetest crude in the whole world!  wink)
Then the French Oil giant  also says its packing its bag in straight-away!
Even the Italian ENI oil wont be left behind!

So, its a scramble for the Oil of Libya
(of-course, whose gonna pay  for all those bombs they sued in killing Libyans, if not Libyan oil?)

Most pathetic is that even our own clueless govt is rushing to join the bandwagon of "I recognize the TNC of the Rebels"!

I guess we Africans are destined to be SLAVES of the Western Oyinbo people, proly thats why we are "dark" (hate to say Black wink in color!

Just wait and see "another Iraq" in Africa.  cry angry

BTW: With what OBJ did to Charles Taylor, Ghadafi cant be that stewpid to trust any of these African Govts offering him refuge?  
They will simply hand him over 'nakedly"! grin
Re: Rebels Place $1.7m Bounty On Gaddafi’s Head by Mobinga: 2:07am On Aug 25, 2011
seedord247:

wettin go be your share if they catch him

I tire
Re: Rebels Place $1.7m Bounty On Gaddafi’s Head by Nobody: 2:11am On Aug 25, 2011
Do you people sleep at all or you live in a different time zone?
Re: Rebels Place $1.7m Bounty On Gaddafi’s Head by Tunmi(f): 2:19am On Aug 25, 2011
lastpage:

About time someone picked up on it.

And before you could say 'wetin', we heard the sons have escaped one by one! grin
E be like say the news people sef (AlJazeera, CNN, BBC) sabi sey we be mumu. Contradiction after contradition sha.

Chineke, now its $1.7m on his head!
So rebels don get 1.7 million dollars now, abi? So I dey suppose to believe say rebels fi get that money, dem no share am among themselves make them lives better, abi shey no be that dem dey fight for?

Nobody in his right senses expected Ghadafi to win this war, imagine an African country flooring the whole of America and European Powers combined? Naaah, give him credit that he lasted this long, if na Naija, it is just three days and all our soldiers will just remove their Uniform grin
Reminds me of what the Policemen do, when they hear Armed robbers are operating nearby! shocked
I wanted Ghadaffi to win this fight. I no wan declare am war. It would be amazing, and one for the history books, if he floors them all. It would be symbolic as hell.

But did anyone remember that British BP was the first to say its going back to lick Ghadafi's sweet Brent crude oil? (The sweetest crude in the whole world!  wink)
Then the French Oil giant  also says its packing its bag in straight-away!
Even the Italian ENI oil wont be left behind!

So, its a scramble for the Oil of Libya
(of-course, whose gonna pay  for all those bombs they sued in killing Libyans, if not Libyan oil?)
Of course na. Oil na the cause for war now. Naija just dey give oil for free otherwise, dem for find reason to come invade--I mean help.

Most pathetic is that even our own clueless govt is rushing to join the bandwagon of "I recognize the TNC of the Rebels"!
Naija dey irritate me for many things o: Corruption, police, first lady wey no sabi speak English and no fi speak her own language, embarrassingly low educational standard, World Cup performance. But this one carry cake. Naija fall my hand for dis one o. I swear ignorance and follow-follow don reach new level.
Re: Rebels Place $1.7m Bounty On Gaddafi’s Head by kizito96(m): 3:21am On Aug 25, 2011
Have you heard that many Nigerians are fighting on the side of Ghadafi? 9ja we hail
Re: Rebels Place $1.7m Bounty On Gaddafi’s Head by Nobody: 5:50am On Aug 25, 2011
Make dem go Mecca if dey wan catch am. D guy dey mecca dey do e Allah wakuba.
Re: Rebels Place $1.7m Bounty On Gaddafi’s Head by Holumighty(m): 7:25am On Aug 25, 2011
Is either in naija where obj, ibb, abdulsalam kip am or he is in the middle east country like, kuwait, iran,
Re: Rebels Place $1.7m Bounty On Gaddafi’s Head by texazzpete(m): 7:37am On Aug 25, 2011
lastpage:

Dont mind these NATO and Rebel guys!

I know we dont like Ghadafi in these part of the world but lets be objective about "him" and the "interest of the NATO/Americans" in all these.

The 'capture' reports came from the rebels, not NATO.

lastpage:

[/b]

Lol @ 'Lasted this long'. The only ground opposition Gadaffi faced was the largely uncoordinated, poorly armed rebels. Holding out against air operations is no big deal for a power drunk tyrant.
If anything, Tripoli was captured too easily.

lastpage:

I guess we Africans are destined to be SLAVES of the Western Oyinbo people, proly thats why we are "dark" (hate to say Black wink in color!

Just wait and see "another Iraq" in Africa.  cry angry

It would help if these African countries would live up to their responsibilities when they are called upon to do so. When the UN left Ivory Coast to the AU to take care of, what did they do apart from empty saber rattling?
over 600 killed so far in clashes in South Sudan. What is the AU doing?
Violence in Congo. What did Africans do?
Famine in Somalia. What has the AU done? How much aid have African countries provided? As we speak, the US alone proivides 47% of food aid to starving somalians. There is no oil in Somalia. What are Africans doing? How much have YOU and your fellow 'Pan African' rabble rousers contributed?

Where were African countries when China kept protecting Sudan from sanctions while the Government allowed the slaughter in Darfur? Where were you when the Chinese bought huge swathes of arable farmland in Sudan in exchange?

Are we truly slaves? We deserve our fate.
Re: Rebels Place $1.7m Bounty On Gaddafi’s Head by agitator: 7:56am On Aug 25, 2011
texazzpete:

Are we truly slaves? We deserve our fate.

The Bible says wait on the Lord, sowe are waiting for God to come down and save us same way HE saved and developed USA, Britain, Germany, Malaysia, etc. grin grin grin grin grin

it is our turn or HIM want to marginalize us? undecided
Re: Rebels Place $1.7m Bounty On Gaddafi’s Head by marcus1234: 8:21am On Aug 25, 2011
Re: Rebels Place $1.7m Bounty On Gaddafi’s Head by Challas(m): 9:56am On Aug 25, 2011
Tunmi:

About time someone picked up on it.
E be like say the news people sef (AlJazeera, CNN, BBC) sabi sey we be mumu. Contradiction after contradition sha.
So rebels don get 1.7 million dollars now, abi? So I dey suppose to believe say rebels fi get that money, dem no share am among themselves make them lives better, abi shey no be that dem dey fight for?
I wanted Ghadaffi to win this fight. I no wan declare am war. It would be amazing, and one for the history books, if he floors them all. It would be symbolic as hell.
Of course na. Oil na the cause for war now. Naija just dey give oil for free otherwise, dem for find reason to come invade--I mean help.
Naija dey irritate me for many things o: Corruption, police, first lady wey no sabi speak English and no fi speak her own language, embarrassingly low educational standard, World Cup performance. But this one carry cake. Naija fall my hand for dis one o. I swear ignorance and follow-follow don reach new level.

Remember dt Ghadafi sometime last year during d regular Jos crisis advised dt Nigeria be divided into 2 countries between North and South, btw whats d name of our foreign affairs minister sef, mtcheew,
Re: Rebels Place $1.7m Bounty On Gaddafi’s Head by dagboss(m): 10:18am On Aug 25, 2011
Remove the rebel before bounty in the news and replace it with America, France, Britian and Italy then you will be right. Whether the pro or anti Gadaffi in Nairaland like it, America and her bunch of other arrogant Western leaders have stirred the hornest's nest in Libya you can bet it with me that country may not see peace in the next decade, cast your mind back to Iraq. The point is that these countries mentioned think they have brains more than any other part of the world. They are not fighting for anything other than their innordinate desire to have access to cheap Libyas oil and i pray the so called "gallant" rebels they helped to win the war pay them back like Osama Bin Laden who turned agaist them after they helped his band of mountain guerrila fighters in Afghanistan to chase away the Soviets from that country.
Re: Rebels Place $1.7m Bounty On Gaddafi’s Head by konkolok: 11:43am On Aug 25, 2011
Ol'boy wey my babalawo? make the baba just call Gaddafi 3 times, him go appear live for Ketu police station!
Re: Rebels Place $1.7m Bounty On Gaddafi’s Head by hajifaty: 12:19pm On Aug 25, 2011
The rebels and NATO are only fighting for their selfish interest. This is another Iraq. libyans we cry for decades before they can overcome these problems that are brought upon them by the rebel and NATO. Gaddafi is far more better than other Arab rulers. He built libya from nothing to something.

watch this american are also against the nato
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rWtLlFjzRVw&feature=player_detailpage#t=75s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tXpRiP9IueQ&feature=player_detailpage#t=32s
Re: Rebels Place $1.7m Bounty On Gaddafi’s Head by mail4gift2(m): 1:42pm On Aug 25, 2011
This is another disaster for the Arab and Muslim world inflicted by the West. These so called 'rebels' think they are free now but they are badly mistaken. They are on the wrong side and this will become apparent in the coming years. A post-Gaddafi Libya will be enslaved by the imperial West. I can see the following happening:

(1) Permanent NATO bases on Libyan soil.
(2) Western countries securing oil exploration contracts and controlling the oil production.
(3) Western countries securing reconstruction contracts.
(4) A peace treaty with Israel and the opening of an Israeli embassy in Libya.
(5) Elections and democracy will be a farce. Leaders will either be hand picked by the West to represent Western interests or the process will be rigged to deny the Libyan people their true choice. Corruption will be rife.
(6) The US will use Libya to set up AFRICOM (central command in Africa) which Gaddafi was opposed to.

Gaddafi may not have been the best leader by all respects but he was a staunch supporter of an independent Africa free from Western interference and a strong critic of the collonial ambitions of the US, UK and Israel. The fall of Gaddafi is a great loss for pan-Arabism and a huge gain for the West and its plans for a New World Order.
Re: Rebels Place $1.7m Bounty On Gaddafi’s Head by cdoffx(m): 1:44pm On Aug 25, 2011
dagboss:

Remove the rebel before bounty in the news and replace it with America, France, Britian and Italy then you will be right. Whether the pro or anti Gadaffi in Nairaland like it, America and her bunch of other arrogant Western leaders have stirred the hornest's nest in Libya you can bet it with me that country may not see peace in the next decade, cast your mind back to Iraq. The point is that these countries mentioned think they have brains more than any other part of the world. They are not fighting for anything other than their innordinate desire to have access to cheap Libyas oil and i pray the so called "gallant" rebels they helped to win the war pay them back like Osama Bin Laden who turned agaist them after they helped his band of mountain guerrila fighters in Afghanistan to chase away the Soviets from that country.
AMEN
Re: Rebels Place $1.7m Bounty On Gaddafi’s Head by velo10: 1:49pm On Aug 25, 2011
This is not fair on a leader who has prospered his nation for many decades. Why repay him with such ridicule? Shame on the Arabs
Re: Rebels Place $1.7m Bounty On Gaddafi’s Head by Guyman02: 1:51pm On Aug 25, 2011
This war has also exposed Russia and China as unrelyable allies who abandon their friends in times of need, at least America never does that no matter how hated you maybe by your people thats why Bahrain, Saudi Arabia, Qatar and Jordan have survived the arab spring.

The only reliable ally in Africa is South Africa, they never give up their friends to their enemies just like America and that is why Mugabe has survived.

No matter how bad Charles Taylor was Nigeria betrayed him by handing him to ICC and also allowing the French to push us into agreeing to a UN mandate to remove Gbagbo from Ivory Coast and signing the 'NO FLY ZONE' rubbish, America has many fugitives living in their country who protected American interests in their own countries including many russians and they will never extradite them.

Re: Rebels Place $1.7m Bounty On Gaddafi’s Head by Browser69(m): 2:12pm On Aug 25, 2011
I just wish the crude oil these Nato guys are fighting for dry up now.
Then we will known if truly they are fighting for RATS {rebels} as Gaddafi use to call them or not.

Very ungrateful people, I just wish some of them come to live among the masses in Nigeria just for one month they will know waz up
Gaddafi is truly African leader that love his people dearly, he protected their crude from imperialist and that is why they are very mad at him.
Re: Rebels Place $1.7m Bounty On Gaddafi’s Head by poweredcom(m): 4:26pm On Aug 25, 2011
Gaddafi may not have been the best leader by all respects but he was a staunch supporter of an independent Africa free from Western interference and a strong critic of the collonial ambitions of the US, UK and Israel. The fall of Gaddafi is a great loss for pan-Arabism and a huge gain for the West and its plans for a New World Order.

TRUTH
Re: Rebels Place $1.7m Bounty On Gaddafi’s Head by texazzpete(m): 6:26pm On Aug 25, 2011
Browser69:

Gaddafi is truly African leader that love his people dearly, he protected their crude from imperialist and that is why they are very mad at him.

Which is why he ruled for 42 years, handed over key state property and positions to his sons and used Libyan money to sponsor terrorism?
If this is your definition of 'truly African leader', I pity you.
Re: Rebels Place $1.7m Bounty On Gaddafi’s Head by mail4gift2(m): 6:33pm On Aug 25, 2011
texazzpete:

Which is why he ruled for 42 years, handed over key state property and positions to his sons and used Libyan money to sponsor terrorism?
If this is your definition of 'truly African leader', I pity you.

What do you know, the military always say sacrifice a few to save millions. even if he (Gaddafi) sponsored terrorism, atleast, he attacked the west and those dat support them. Gaddafi is and will remain the strongest president to come out of Africa, the only African president who is not afraid of the west, who do you think started the libya war? the west did, now, they (the west) are using universities to buy our land, they still see us as slaves and Gaddafi knew about their evil plans to enslave us all. Libya will witness what i call brand new style of slavery. watch out
Re: Rebels Place $1.7m Bounty On Gaddafi’s Head by tpia5: 6:35pm On Aug 25, 2011
maybe its just me, but the measure sounds a bit desperate.
Re: Rebels Place $1.7m Bounty On Gaddafi’s Head by hajifaty: 6:40pm On Aug 25, 2011
tpia@:

maybe its just me, but the measure sounds a bit desperate.

Yes they are desperate to get him down becos if he is still alive then the west and their rebels will suffer. Lets wait and see. This is just the beginning of the war and nato and the west will be the losers.
Re: Rebels Place $1.7m Bounty On Gaddafi’s Head by mail4gift2(m): 6:48pm On Aug 25, 2011
Gaddafi who has been ousted from his own country did these terrible things:

1) Made ALL health care free for everyone.
2) Provided an apartment or house for everyone in the country
3) Allowed ALL education up to university free
4) Only housed his own parents when it was their turn he did not shuffle them up the list
5) Allowed women to work, drive a car, have civil rights!
6) BEST of all, any profit from state owned oil wells was shared out among his people.

Would u like to know why the USA picked on him? Because he wanted ALL African countries to sell their oil etc for GOLD not dollars, so he was effectively a threat to warmongering America. He was not the bad man the USA make him out to be.

Most of his people want him in power, he asked NATO if he could have a vote among his people to prove they wanted him. They said NO!! then bombed the hell out of his country. The people NOW face poverty, loss of work, education, housing and food ALL thanks to the good old USA and NATO.

Its True Gaddafi ruled Libya for 42yrs and yet Libya is and will be 10000 times better than my country (NIGERIA) even during the war. we have oil and numerous natural resources, yet, Nigeria is as poor as you can think, with poor infrastructure, no power supply, bad roads, corruption lawlessness, no civilian right, no freedom of speech, police and military brutality and so on and so forth. so what ever Gaddafi did, he did it to save Libyans and yet, they turned against him, lets all watch out and see what Libya will be and i tell you, after this war, there will be no difference between Libya and Iraq, GOD is already PUNISHING THE WEST and he will continue to.
Re: Rebels Place $1.7m Bounty On Gaddafi’s Head by hajifaty: 7:12pm On Aug 25, 2011
mail4gift2:

Gaddafi who has been ousted from his own country did these terrible things:

1) Made ALL health care free for everyone.
2) Provided an apartment or house for everyone in the country
3) Allowed ALL education up to university free
4) Only housed his own parents when it was their turn he did not shuffle them up the list
5) Allowed women to work, drive a car, have civil rights!
6) BEST of all, any profit from state owned oil wells was shared out among his people.

Would u like to know why the USA picked on him? Because he wanted ALL African countries to sell their oil etc for GOLD not dollars, so he was effectively a threat to warmongering America. He was not the bad man the USA make him out to be.

Most of his people want him in power, he asked NATO if he could have a vote among his people to prove they wanted him. They said NO!! then bombed the hell out of his country. The people NOW face poverty, loss of work, education, housing and food ALL thanks to the good old USA and NATO.

Its True Gaddafi ruled Libya for 42yrs and yet Libya is and will be 10000 times better than my country (NIGERIA) even during the war. we have oil and numerous natural resources, yet, Nigeria is as poor as you can think, with poor infrastructure, no power supply, bad roads, corruption lawlessness, no civilian right, no freedom of speech, police and military brutality and so on and so forth. so what ever Gaddafi did, he did it to save Libyans and yet, they turned against him, lets all watch out and see what Libya will be and i tell you, after this war, there will be no difference between Libya and Iraq, GOD is already PUNISHING THE WEST and he will continue to.

Libya people still want gadaffi. Lets wait and see if they fail to kill gadaffi now and let him escape. believe the rebels and nato are doomed. they destroyed the best nation in africa. every facilities in libya are up to the european standard.
The revolution as been planned longtime ago. on the first day the foolish rebel carried guns. do the pple in egypt carried guns. anyone that carried a gun and shooting govt forces is really a threat to the govt.
see this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ew390rIU6uo&feature=player_detailpage#t=42s

The west armed the rebels from the day one. see this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gllNj3f2z2o&feature=player_detailpage#t=10s

LIBYA War- New World Order Conspiracy; Mark of the Beast

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VRQhEC1VK1c&feature=player_detailpage#t=150s
Re: Rebels Place $1.7m Bounty On Gaddafi’s Head by owobokiri(m): 7:25pm On Aug 25, 2011
Arab leaders are a bunch of back-stabbing ijiots. Each of them wants to be the dominant king of the whole Arabia including the CIA  sheik in TINY Qatar. So at every oppurtuinity, they make it a point of duty to bring down the next arab leader they consider to be standing in their way. The gulf states are the worst culprits. They have made it a custom for the west to get in and eliminate any Arab leader they hate, it will never end. If Mubarak was told that an American president will be hiding under the call for "democracy" to support his removal and disgrace , he will never belive that after all the "boy-boy" he did for decades. It is a matter of time before the NATO  coalition attacks a place like Saudi Arabia because as the economy of the west gets worse, the "percentage" the get from the saudi Royal family will not be enough and just like in Libya, they will get restless till they get in to control totally. Western states want to be oil producing states without any oil wells in their land. How can a united nations resolution be abused so brazenly and everybody keeps quiet?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Terror Threat In Africa Is Worrying - US General / Did The Simpsons Predict The Syrian Uprising in 2001? / Things Are Getting Crazy In California. See The Pic.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.