Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,289 members, 7,807,982 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:15 AM

Police Recruitment: 2nd Class Upper Holder Disqualified For Speaking Bad English - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Police Recruitment: 2nd Class Upper Holder Disqualified For Speaking Bad English (9333 Views)

2016 Nigerian Police Recruitment Form - All Required Documents - A Must Read! / Is 30k Salary Good For A Second Class Upper Student(b.sc) / Any Hope For Graduates With 2nd Class Lower? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Police Recruitment: 2nd Class Upper Holder Disqualified For Speaking Bad English by Rastamann: 1:46am On Aug 25, 2011
[b]Police recruitment: CP disqualifies 2nd class upper holder for speaking bad English[/b]By CHRISTOPHER OJI
Thursday, August 25, 2011

Commissioner of Police in-charge of Lagos State command, Yakubu Alkali, has disqualified an English Language graduate with second class upper division grade in the ongoing Force recruitment exercise for allegedly speaking bad English and failing to spell words correctly.

The CP who was excited when he saw the good grade of the young man, was reportedly disappointed with the applicant’s response to questions in unpardonably bad English.
The CP was said to have been more disappointed following the English Language graduate’s inability to spell the word, ‘encounter’.

Alkali, was said to have vowed to disqualify anyone who did not live up to expectation in the area of conduct and defence of their results during the recruitment.

Alkali confirmed that the second class upper division English Language graduate was unable to express himself. He said he would not recruit such a person who could not defend his result into the Force. The CP who was not happy with the way and manner those who did not merit their grades were honoured by the tertiary institutions they attended, vowed to personally screen entrants into the Force.

The state Police Public Relations Officer (PPRO), Mr. Samuel Jinadu, confirmed that some suspects had been arrested for falsification of results. He, however, did not give the figure, saying that it was still being compiled.
Re: Police Recruitment: 2nd Class Upper Holder Disqualified For Speaking Bad English by hakunajay(m): 9:24am On Aug 25, 2011
Na wa
Re: Police Recruitment: 2nd Class Upper Holder Disqualified For Speaking Bad English by dave2(m): 12:40pm On Aug 25, 2011
no be new thing ooo.
likewise so many nairalanders who cannot write correctly angry angry angry angry angry
Re: Police Recruitment: 2nd Class Upper Holder Disqualified For Speaking Bad English by Nobody: 12:41pm On Aug 25, 2011
@ topic grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Police Recruitment: 2nd Class Upper Holder Disqualified For Speaking Bad English by MIrhABi: 12:42pm On Aug 25, 2011
The story nah confirm o!!!!,that is the reason some Nigerian graduates are UNEMPLOYABLE.They run go eke recruitment,just to write an essay on your encounter with a police officer come come see grammer. grin
Re: Police Recruitment: 2nd Class Upper Holder Disqualified For Speaking Bad English by Yinkay: 12:43pm On Aug 25, 2011
A real ENCOUNTER for the CP to encounter an English Language that cannot speak the language correctly or spell it grin
Re: Police Recruitment: 2nd Class Upper Holder Disqualified For Speaking Bad English by vabrida: 12:43pm On Aug 25, 2011
fEmI, mY eRsWhIlE cLaSs ReP wHiLe In ScHoOl OnCe SaId "BiRdS oF tHe SaMe FeAtHeR" iNsTeAd Of "BiRdS oF a FeAtHeR". aNd FeMi Is A 2.1 GrAdEr grin grin grin grin
Re: Police Recruitment: 2nd Class Upper Holder Disqualified For Speaking Bad English by bisiaet: 12:44pm On Aug 25, 2011
Are they sure thie guy really went through such level of education at all? Because this is unbelieveable an English graduate can NOT speak good English I find weird and strange. Let them investigate him to be sure if truely he has gone through such level of education in the first place.
Re: Police Recruitment: 2nd Class Upper Holder Disqualified For Speaking Bad English by dave2(m): 12:45pm On Aug 25, 2011
Is pathetic guys.
To imagine that he even studied English language shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Police Recruitment: 2nd Class Upper Holder Disqualified For Speaking Bad English by Josh316(m): 12:47pm On Aug 25, 2011
Another fake or 'sorted' result in the making. or worse maybe he was taught some FALLACIES by his lecturer at school too, grin
Re: Police Recruitment: 2nd Class Upper Holder Disqualified For Speaking Bad English by Afam4eva(m): 12:55pm On Aug 25, 2011
This is no news. How many graduates in Nigeria can defend their certificate. Our educational system is a cagey macaba dance(according to Patrick Obiagbon), so in other for these students to graduate by hook or by crook they have to either sort the lecturer one way or the other.
Re: Police Recruitment: 2nd Class Upper Holder Disqualified For Speaking Bad English by executinal(m): 1:01pm On Aug 25, 2011
Na today, forgery is very common in Nigeria. But wait a minute 2.1 in English and can not express himself well in English language shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Police Recruitment: 2nd Class Upper Holder Disqualified For Speaking Bad English by Josh316(m): 1:14pm On Aug 25, 2011
macaba
grin grin grin its MACABRE!!!
Re: Police Recruitment: 2nd Class Upper Holder Disqualified For Speaking Bad English by hustla(m): 1:19pm On Aug 25, 2011
, and mumus on dis forum will run their mouths and diss private uni peeps, idiats,
Re: Police Recruitment: 2nd Class Upper Holder Disqualified For Speaking Bad English by Afam4eva(m): 1:23pm On Aug 25, 2011
I also think that guy should be investigated and they should find out how he happened to get a 2:1 so that sanity can return to our tertiary institution.
Re: Police Recruitment: 2nd Class Upper Holder Disqualified For Speaking Bad English by Nobody: 1:30pm On Aug 25, 2011
I for like sabi the school wey the guy graduate from. I guess the school must be very proud of him; the sort of schools where the number of yearly 2.1 graduates exceeds that of 2.2. They know themselves. Shame.

1 Like

Re: Police Recruitment: 2nd Class Upper Holder Disqualified For Speaking Bad English by sayso: 1:32pm On Aug 25, 2011
afam4eva:

I also think that guy should be investigated and they should find out how he happened to get a 2:1 so that sanity can return to our tertiary institution.

just one instance.There are many like that already in the industry/government agencies.what about your minister?
Re: Police Recruitment: 2nd Class Upper Holder Disqualified For Speaking Bad English by mamushi: 1:33pm On Aug 25, 2011
hi, pls do u know how to equate the ministry grade level 1/17 versus the parastatal grade level 14/1? any one thanks
Re: Police Recruitment: 2nd Class Upper Holder Disqualified For Speaking Bad English by dipo1: 1:33pm On Aug 25, 2011
dave2:

no be new thing ooo.
likewise so many nairalanders who cannot write correctly angry angry angry angry angry

At least we are making consented efforts at improving
Re: Police Recruitment: 2nd Class Upper Holder Disqualified For Speaking Bad English by pinkrex(m): 1:54pm On Aug 25, 2011
Result of paper qualification undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Police Recruitment: 2nd Class Upper Holder Disqualified For Speaking Bad English by atasteve: 1:56pm On Aug 25, 2011
hummmm, it is serious.
Re: Police Recruitment: 2nd Class Upper Holder Disqualified For Speaking Bad English by omoalaro: 2:10pm On Aug 25, 2011
This is not only true but worrisome.
I encounter them everyday at work.
I once had an IT student attached to my office, i took her to the field one day and asked her to read for me the pH of the effluent water going into the sea.
She said, Oga, what is this pH,pH i have been seeing everywhere now?. i said she must answer her own question being a year 3 student of industrial physics. She could not. I asked her if she ever passed O'level chemistry, she answered yes. I told her i'm surprised how she passed through secondary school chemistry without hearing the word pH.
She once lost her ID card and i had to sign her in every morning for some days. Someone called to say he found her ID card and i shouted EUREKA. my student said Oga, what is EUREKA again. I said today you must tell me being an industrial physics student in year 3. She could not.
I ask her what is Achimedes principle, She doesnt know, i cry for Nigeria that day and pleaded with her to be honest with me, How have you been making it in school?. Then the bomb shell. No matter how brilliant you are in her school, you've got to "SORT". In her own case, she confessed, "i sleep some and pay some", "but coming to work in this company, i realise i'm empty". and she started crying.
This is the situation we found ourselves in as a country, i have so many similar stories from colleagues as well and my friend working with NYSC will not let me rest with stories of graduates who can not fill forms.
Lest i forget, my IT student is from a state university in the SE where major cities are notorious for heaps of garbbage.

1 Like

Re: Police Recruitment: 2nd Class Upper Holder Disqualified For Speaking Bad English by Nkemika(f): 2:15pm On Aug 25, 2011
hw do i post a job opening, dont understand today anymore ooo
Re: Police Recruitment: 2nd Class Upper Holder Disqualified For Speaking Bad English by abnakol: 2:17pm On Aug 25, 2011
grin wow so who was their teacher
Re: Police Recruitment: 2nd Class Upper Holder Disqualified For Speaking Bad English by chamber2(m): 2:19pm On Aug 25, 2011
Nigerians are always quick to jump into conclusion. This is supposed to be an interview where even a well trained 1st class material is likely to fumble. I could remember my first interview experience. If the interviewer had asked me my name on that day i would have fumbled not to talk of spelling ENCOUNTER.

So, it could probably be interview tension. But, one cannot conclude until further investigation or insight is provided
Re: Police Recruitment: 2nd Class Upper Holder Disqualified For Speaking Bad English by 234GT(m): 2:21pm On Aug 25, 2011
its either the guy is using fake result or the police chief is lieing. a 2,1 english graduate cannot be that bad. people should stop insulting we 2,1 graduates. it is not easy to make a 2,1 or first class.

1 Like

Re: Police Recruitment: 2nd Class Upper Holder Disqualified For Speaking Bad English by agitator: 2:25pm On Aug 25, 2011
omo alaro:

This is not only true but worrisome.
I encounter them everyday at work.
I once had an IT student attached to my office, i took her to the field one day and asked her to read for me the pH of the effluent water going into the sea.
She said, Oga, what is this pH,pH i have been seeing everywhere now?. i said she must answer her own question being a year 3 student of industrial physics. She could not. I asked her if she ever passed O'level chemistry, she answered yes. I told her i'm surprised how she passed through secondary school chemistry without hearing the word pH.
She once lost her ID card and i had to sign her in every morning for some days. Someone called to say he found her ID card and i shouted EUREKA. my student said Oga, what is EUREKA again. I said today you must tell me being an industrial physics student in year 3. She could not.
I ask her what is Achimedes principle, She doesnt know, i cry for Nigeria that day and pleaded with her to be honest with me, How have you been making it in school?. Then the bomb shell. No matter how brilliant you are in her school, you've got to "SORT". In her own case, she confessed, "i sleep some and pay some", "but coming to work in this company, i realise i'm empty". and she started crying.
This is the situation we found ourselves in as a country, i have so many similar stories from colleagues as well and my friend working with NYSC will not let me rest with stories of graduates who can not fill forms.
Lest i forget, my IT student is from a state university in the SE where major cities are notorious for heaps of garbbage.

true, watch them come and defend themselves on this forum. This is the end result of depending on paper qualification and man-no-man.
Re: Police Recruitment: 2nd Class Upper Holder Disqualified For Speaking Bad English by agitator: 2:26pm On Aug 25, 2011
depending relying
Re: Police Recruitment: 2nd Class Upper Holder Disqualified For Speaking Bad English by lifestyle1(m): 2:27pm On Aug 25, 2011
tongue Serves them well(NP) since they are after Higher Grade and not what individual can offer, I was there with Lower Credit business admin n Comptia  A+ Certificate but i was screened out cos of my lower grade n age 25+ 8 months *MY REAL AGE* ignoring my A+ certification, I refused to blame him cos he might not no the essence of the latter certification, 

Even the cp was choosing his words while addressing us so why is he complaining about bad grammar? 'Aboki' they correct English Graduate,  That guy self  undecided,
Re: Police Recruitment: 2nd Class Upper Holder Disqualified For Speaking Bad English by cold(m): 2:35pm On Aug 25, 2011
dipo+:

At least we are making consented efforts at improving
Concerted young man,it's concerted!Jheeze!I give up

chamber2:

Nigerians are always quick to jump into conclusion. This is supposed to be an interview where even a well trained 1st class material is likely to fumble. I could remember my first interview experience. If the interviewer had asked me my name on that day i would have fumbled not to talk of spelling ENCOUNTER.

So, it could probably be interview tension. But, one cannot conclude until further investigation or insight is provided
Abeg leave mata.What kind of interview fright would affect you so much,you can't even express yourself properly?
Re: Police Recruitment: 2nd Class Upper Holder Disqualified For Speaking Bad English by 234GT(m): 2:38pm On Aug 25, 2011
@ omo alaro.                       you are a good story teller. go and join nollywood and stop wasting your talent on nairaland.
Re: Police Recruitment: 2nd Class Upper Holder Disqualified For Speaking Bad English by timof: 2:42pm On Aug 25, 2011
Wonders shall never end. ordinary english. 2nd class upper,

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Npower: Please Repeat Physical Verification Process If Told To Do So / Top 4 Ways To Get A Job Through Internship In Nigeria / Jumia Group Latest Recruitment (5 Positions)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.