Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,342 members, 7,808,204 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:39 AM

Does N150k Withdrawal Limit Affect Domiciliary Account Holders? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Does N150k Withdrawal Limit Affect Domiciliary Account Holders? (4379 Views)

CBN Says Account Holders Can Access Cash As BVN Deadline Ends Today / Cbn Limits Overseas Atm Cash Withdrawal Limit To Ngn60,000 / What Is A Domiciliary Account? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does N150k Withdrawal Limit Affect Domiciliary Account Holders? by Bfine: 5:17am On Aug 25, 2011
Does any one know if DOM a/c holders will be affected by the CBN cashless policy.
Re: Does N150k Withdrawal Limit Affect Domiciliary Account Holders? by Sagewood: 7:26am On Aug 25, 2011
Ill-timed plan. Make Nigeria fully automated or set-up cashless payment systems prior to engaging in a draconia rule.
Good idea, but bad timing!
Re: Does N150k Withdrawal Limit Affect Domiciliary Account Holders? by marcus1234: 8:19am On Aug 25, 2011
Re: Does N150k Withdrawal Limit Affect Domiciliary Account Holders? by babaowo: 8:27am On Aug 25, 2011
how many houses fashola build for poor masses
Re: Does N150k Withdrawal Limit Affect Domiciliary Account Holders? by Nobody: 9:21am On Aug 25, 2011
I dont think so, and they should not think so too, cos if they do, i will cut my last tire with nigeria
Re: Does N150k Withdrawal Limit Affect Domiciliary Account Holders? by Greenpro: 10:51am On Aug 25, 2011
it will be another rule for that type of acct.
Re: Does N150k Withdrawal Limit Affect Domiciliary Account Holders? by deenee: 11:00am On Aug 25, 2011
My advice would that you contact the bank that you have a domiciliary account with and submit all your FAQs to them.They would be in the best position to provide the answers that you seek.

This said, I can say that even before this policy , there has always been a 'limit' to the number of transactions you can consummate, periodically on on cash dom. account in terms of 'volume and value' for money laundering reasons
Re: Does N150k Withdrawal Limit Affect Domiciliary Account Holders? by Desert01: 12:18pm On Aug 25, 2011
This guys amazes me !! The ATM machines in front of banks are not even safe from fraudsters yet , now they will want us to carry our cards to shops , What security measures have been put in place so I don't lose my money. All that is needed for a thief to rob you now is an internet connection "Logon and transfer your money or lose your life !!!" grin . Naija style of putting the cart before the horse .
Re: Does N150k Withdrawal Limit Affect Domiciliary Account Holders? by executinal(m): 1:34pm On Aug 25, 2011
Same policy govern all transaction.
Re: Does N150k Withdrawal Limit Affect Domiciliary Account Holders? by queenesthr(f): 1:40pm On Aug 25, 2011
Desert01:

This guys amazes me !! The ATM machines in front of banks are not even safe from fraudsters yet , now they will want us to carry our cards to shops , What security measures have been put in place so I don't lose my money. All that is needed for a thief to rob you now is an internet connection "Logon and transfer your money or lose your life !!!" grin . Naija style of putting the cart before the horse .

What is the security measure in place for the cash you are presently carrying to shops ?
Re: Does N150k Withdrawal Limit Affect Domiciliary Account Holders? by oknee: 2:51pm On Aug 25, 2011
D policy said dt once u withdraw more dn 150k, u wil be charged cash handling charge. I don't think d policy can affect dom accts cos most banks charge u for any withdrawl in dom accts
Re: Does N150k Withdrawal Limit Affect Domiciliary Account Holders? by denny4ril: 7:02pm On Aug 25, 2011
wink the policy did not state categorically about domiciliary account.
Re: Does N150k Withdrawal Limit Affect Domiciliary Account Holders? by sirp2007: 7:10pm On Aug 25, 2011
oknee:

D policy said dt once u withdraw more dn 150k, u wil be charged cash handling charge. I don't think d policy can affect dom accts cos most banks charge u for any withdrawl in dom accts

I think u are spot on.
Re: Does N150k Withdrawal Limit Affect Domiciliary Account Holders? by VUVUZELA10: 1:31am On Aug 26, 2011
Domiciliary accounts are in foreign currencies. The directive was very clear. It is the withdrawals above N150,000 that are affected.
Re: Does N150k Withdrawal Limit Affect Domiciliary Account Holders? by tinytempa(m): 5:08am On Aug 26, 2011
my hard earn MONEY my money, shocked shocked shocked
Re: Does N150k Withdrawal Limit Affect Domiciliary Account Holders? by tefund(m): 5:39pm On Aug 26, 2011
I think by this policy sanusi is proving he is operating from different wave length with the reality of the NIGERIAN situation.Nigeria is just not ripe with this kind of a ting, even the most advanced economy in the world the usa has experienced an upsurge in card fraud inspite of her high technology
Re: Does N150k Withdrawal Limit Affect Domiciliary Account Holders? by JayKid1(m): 11:01pm On Aug 26, 2011
This is really a bad timing to effect that policy.
Re: Does N150k Withdrawal Limit Affect Domiciliary Account Holders? by walcolm(m): 6:54am On Oct 26, 2011
Bfine:

Does any one know if DOM a/c holders will be affected by the CBN cashless policy.

based solely on the phrasing of the policy, its supposed to be an integrated thing. the sum of all your daily cash transaction (emphasis on CASH) in any single bank must not exceed 150k. so if you decide to collect FX from your dom account and also plan on withdrawing from your savings account,it will all count
Re: Does N150k Withdrawal Limit Affect Domiciliary Account Holders? by walcolm(m): 6:57am On Oct 26, 2011
Sagewood:

Ill-timed plan. Make Nigeria fully automated or set-up cashless payment systems prior to engaging in a draconia rule.
Good idea, but bad timing!

who is going to make nigeria fully automated? without this policy, what is the incentive for an average business to make POS terminal available for their customers to use? think about that
Re: Does N150k Withdrawal Limit Affect Domiciliary Account Holders? by walcolm(m): 7:01am On Oct 26, 2011
Desert01:

so you think carrying your cash in your pocket is much safer than using electronic banking?

if a thief comes to your house and collects your cash, you think its easier to track him as opposed to tracking the movt of electronic money when he tells you to transfer your money online to an account that is named in a bank?

(1) (Reply)

What Business Should I Venture In With N500k Startup Capital ? / Make 400% Profit Importing From China With ¥¥¥ / Help With Setting Up A Car Wash

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.