Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,970 members, 7,806,812 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:38 AM

Fani-kayode Apologises To Ex-president OBJ - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fani-kayode Apologises To Ex-president OBJ (4963 Views)

$2.1bn Arms Deals: N1.5bn Traced To Ex-minister’s Son-the Nation / FG Commences Direct Payment Of N65,000 To Ex-militants / Femi Kayode On The Treatment Given To Ex-NIMASA DG After Court (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fani-kayode Apologises To Ex-president OBJ by OAM4J: 5:31am On Aug 25, 2011
[size=13pt]Fani-Kayode apologises to ex-President[/size]

Ex-Minister of Aviation, Chief Femi Fani-Kayode, yesterday apologised to former President Olusegun Obasanjo over the attack on his ex-principal.

He said his statement on Sunday was misunderstood because he only went on historical excursion in his comments.

But he continued his plea that  Obasanjo and ex-military President, Gen. Ibrahim Babangida to reconcile their differences amicably.

The ex-minister, who apologised to Obasanjo in a statement in Abuja, said he did not at any time describe the former President as an ingrate.

Fani-Kayode, on Sunday, took a swipe at Obasanjo over his vitriolic attacks that  Babangida was a fool at 70.

He had said Obasanjo made a grave mistake and inflicted a deep spiritual wound on himself by insulting Babangida.

But Fani-Kayode yesterday recanted his verbal attacks on Obasanjo.

He said: “It is with the utmost urgency and sadness that I have to point out the fact that the press statement that I issued on August 22,  2011, concerning the face-off between President Olusegun Obasanjo and General Ibrahim Babangida, has been completely misconstrued and misunderstood by virtually all and sundry.

“I do not blame anyone for this but my own good self given that my choice of words was clearly ambivalent.

“For the purposes of clarification, permit me to point out the following. At no point in time did I say that President Obasanjo was “ungrateful” or that he was “an ingrate” and neither did I ever “slam” or “attack” or seek to “insult” or “demean” him in anyway.

“This was never my intention and given the strong relationship that I have with him, I would be the last person on earth to do such a thing.

“In the press statement, I pointed out the fact that I proudly served in his administration and that his government had records of performance between 1999 and 2007 was not only “first class” but also “second to none”.

“I also said that I remain eternally grateful to him for giving me the opportunity to serve my country and that I had deep affection and tremendous respect for him just as I do for General Babangida. At the end of the statement I concluded by expressing the hope that they settle the said rift as quickly as possible.”

http://www.thenationonlineng.net/2011/index.php/news-update/17169-fani-kayode-apologises-to-ex-president.html
Re: Fani-kayode Apologises To Ex-president OBJ by Nobody: 5:33am On Aug 25, 2011
Fani-Kayode is an imbe cile. I swear.
Very disgusting thing.
Re: Fani-kayode Apologises To Ex-president OBJ by Rhino5dm: 5:38am On Aug 25, 2011
They are just playing mind games. . .IBB & OBJ can never fight. How can a devil fights devil?
Re: Fani-kayode Apologises To Ex-president OBJ by Ryabcool(m): 5:57am On Aug 25, 2011
OAM4J:

[size=13pt]Fani-Kayode apologises to ex-President[/size]

Ex-Minister of Aviation, Chief Femi Fani-Kayode, yesterday apologised to former President Olusegun Obasanjo over the attack on his ex-principal.

He said his statement on Sunday was misunderstood because he only went on historical excursion in his comments.

But he continued his plea that  Obasanjo and ex-military President, Gen. Ibrahim Babangida to reconcile their differences amicably.

The ex-minister, who apologised to Obasanjo in a statement in Abuja, said he did not at any time describe the former President as an ingrate.

Fani-Kayode, on Sunday, took a swipe at Obasanjo over his vitriolic attacks that  Babangida was a fool at 70.

He had said Obasanjo made a grave mistake and inflicted a deep spiritual wound on himself by insulting Babangida.

But Fani-Kayode yesterday recanted his verbal attacks on Obasanjo.

He said: “It is with the utmost urgency and sadness that I have to point out the fact that the press statement that I issued on August 22,  2011, concerning the face-off between President Olusegun Obasanjo and General Ibrahim Babangida, has been completely misconstrued and misunderstood by virtually all and sundry.

“I do not blame anyone for this but my own good self given that my choice of words was clearly ambivalent.

“For the purposes of clarification, permit me to point out the following. At no point in time did I say that President Obasanjo was “ungrateful” or that he was “an ingrate” and neither did I ever “slam” or “attack” or seek to “insult” or “demean” him in anyway.

“This was never my intention and given the strong relationship that I have with him, I would be the last person on earth to do such a thing.

“In the press statement, I pointed out the fact that I proudly served in his administration and that his government had records of performance between 1999 and 2007 was not only “first class” but also “second to none”.

“I also said that I remain eternally grateful to him for giving me the opportunity to serve my country and that I had deep affection and tremendous respect for him just as I do for General Babangida. At the end of the statement I concluded by expressing the hope that they settle the said rift as quickly as possible.”

http://www.thenationonlineng.net/2011/index.php/news-update/17169-fani-kayode-apologises-to-ex-president.html
isn't this just sick as Bleep
Re: Fani-kayode Apologises To Ex-president OBJ by Depilot(m): 6:02am On Aug 25, 2011
Hey Kayode, pay attention boy!

YOU DON'T REACT BEFORE YOU THINK, YOU THINK AND THEN REACT.

Now that you've swallowed the bullet, it makes no sense to attempt to vomit the bullet, especially when you're dealing with someone like Obasanjo, who simply finds it extremely difficult to forgive.
You should have just gone with the flow by sticking to your comment.
Even IBB did not apologize, he simply made a U-turn systematically by stating that he has nothing but love for Obasanjo.
Kayode, you're the most senseless flipflopper of the year.
Re: Fani-kayode Apologises To Ex-president OBJ by efisher(m): 6:06am On Aug 25, 2011
Two elephants were fighting and a rat decided to go in the middle. Shey u see yourself now?
Re: Fani-kayode Apologises To Ex-president OBJ by Thatdave(m): 6:17am On Aug 25, 2011
no body effs with obasanjo.
Ask okwesilieze nwodo.
For us to forgive kayode, he has to bring 10 white goats, sand from the footprint of a pregnant tiger, 3yards white cloth, the liver of an ant. 7 tubers of new yam and the teeth of a chinese ostrich.
Re: Fani-kayode Apologises To Ex-president OBJ by sparkle10(m): 6:41am On Aug 25, 2011
no body effs with obasanjo.
Ask okwesilieze nwodo.
For us to forgive kayode, he has to bring 10 white goats, sand from the footprint of a pregnant tiger, 3yards white cloth, the liver of an ant. 7 tubers of new yam and the teeth of a chinese ostrich.

Man you're a clown, so funny!  grin
Re: Fani-kayode Apologises To Ex-president OBJ by collinsJn(m): 6:44am On Aug 25, 2011
Diz Fayode, Is d Highest Phooool I 've Ever Ceen. B4 Obj Made Him a Minister, He Was Opposing His Regime, Obj Now Made Him a Minister, He Started Pouring Praise On d Regime He Once Opposed. And Here U Go Again,In 2 a SHALLOW Water. I Dey Laugh U Diz Tym Around In Spanish.
Re: Fani-kayode Apologises To Ex-president OBJ by itiswell1(m): 6:45am On Aug 25, 2011
We dont need to listen to people like this. bloody opportunist.
Re: Fani-kayode Apologises To Ex-president OBJ by kcpumping(m): 6:48am On Aug 25, 2011
grin grin grin ; bros kay,na fear?eeya, u know what? Call me for procedural steps of earning baba iyabo forgiveness k, am his pa on grudges matters.
Re: Fani-kayode Apologises To Ex-president OBJ by TenKobo1: 7:01am On Aug 25, 2011
Ass licking bastard, the nation is what it is today because clowns like Kayode found themselves piloting the affairs of over one hundred and fifty million peoples. Buffoons who who talk before they reason, clowns who deny even the statements they issued in prints, were given positions meant for noble minds. Then why ask why nothing works in Nigeria? embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Fani-kayode Apologises To Ex-president OBJ by dogice(m): 7:01am On Aug 25, 2011
he should seek Honorable obahiaghon to help him in rendering an unreserved apologia to baba  grin grin grin
Re: Fani-kayode Apologises To Ex-president OBJ by elculebro: 7:08am On Aug 25, 2011
Wetin go con happen now if bros Femo no con get all these things wey you dey ask am nko?
Re: Fani-kayode Apologises To Ex-president OBJ by LloydAchi(m): 7:09am On Aug 25, 2011
@ Ten Kobo, Spot on.

That sums it up.
Re: Fani-kayode Apologises To Ex-president OBJ by demoore1(m): 7:21am On Aug 25, 2011
Another youluba nonsense,
Re: Fani-kayode Apologises To Ex-president OBJ by Nobody: 7:26am On Aug 25, 2011
dis fayode don 4ck up.his apology na 4 im pocket.baba will not only deal with am but im extended family.bloody knee-jerk fool. tongue
Re: Fani-kayode Apologises To Ex-president OBJ by ektbear: 7:39am On Aug 25, 2011
efisher:

Two elephants were fighting and a rat decided to go in the middle. Shey u see yourself now?

hehe cheesy grin
Re: Fani-kayode Apologises To Ex-president OBJ by babaowo: 7:44am On Aug 25, 2011
so this man no get liver!
Re: Fani-kayode Apologises To Ex-president OBJ by YomiKaycee: 7:52am On Aug 25, 2011
he is just a blo-ody nincompoop. I never took him serious in the first place. I remember the abuses he rained on Atifku during the 3rd term saga. I expected him to have been dealt with before now!
Re: Fani-kayode Apologises To Ex-president OBJ by ikooko(m): 8:09am On Aug 25, 2011
This is the type of people that thinks they have all it takes to rule this country; what a disgrace.
Knowing BABA's antecedent, no amount of apology can eraze his purnishment. FOOL FANI KAYODE.
Re: Fani-kayode Apologises To Ex-president OBJ by marcus1234: 8:19am On Aug 25, 2011
Re: Fani-kayode Apologises To Ex-president OBJ by dagboss(m): 9:00am On Aug 25, 2011
Why waste your time talking about Fani Power junior? He is a spoilt child period. Go back to his background you will stop wasting your time on him Is this not the same youngman that took on many Nigerian elders and tongue-lashed them when he was Obasanjo's minister? He is a bloody loose tongue who wants to announce that he is still around to be appointed a minister, and dont be too sure that he wont get it because this is an era of compensating old Nigerian politicians dead or living. He may fill his father's quota. Dont write him off, pls
Re: Fani-kayode Apologises To Ex-president OBJ by Nobody: 9:13am On Aug 25, 2011
"Sand from the footprint of a pregnant tiger", "liver of an ant", Lol grin grin
Re: Fani-kayode Apologises To Ex-president OBJ by nwabobo: 9:18am On Aug 25, 2011
This Yoruba people and their double face sef cry cry cry
Re: Fani-kayode Apologises To Ex-president OBJ by Baawaa(m): 9:33am On Aug 25, 2011
Eyin Lohun to ba ti bo,ko se ko mo tongue
Re: Fani-kayode Apologises To Ex-president OBJ by ozicoblendo: 9:45am On Aug 25, 2011
Dis guy don put him self 4 wahala oh, I trust baba. Baba go show am sometine even ibb no go fit save am 4 baba hand, make him run oh!
Re: Fani-kayode Apologises To Ex-president OBJ by looknlaff(m): 9:48am On Aug 25, 2011
Wat do you expect from someone who spent some good time at aro? At lucid intervals, he realises his goof. Well, ready for baba sucker punch.
Re: Fani-kayode Apologises To Ex-president OBJ by nagoma(m): 9:48am On Aug 25, 2011
"I also said that I remain eternally grateful to him for giving me the opportunity to serve my country and that I had deep affection and tremendous respect for him just as I do for General Babangida. At the end of the statement I concluded by expressing the hope that they settle the said rift as quickly as possible.”

Being eternally grateful to someone is worse than slavery. It takes away your freedom ,your honor, your guts, your psyche  soul and spirit. Such a man is lifeless and sterile. His ability to make sensible decisions has been taken away. He cannot preside over the affairs of men. But these are the people we have and had as leaders.
Re: Fani-kayode Apologises To Ex-president OBJ by YoursGEJ(m): 10:01am On Aug 25, 2011
he was misunderstood?! Is he telling that to illiterates who cannot read and comprehend? That he was drunk while making that statement would have been a better excuse. And these are the kinds of intellectually incompetent buffons who occupy high-level government offices. Fooli.s.h f.o.ol

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Fashola Inaugurates 13km Road Network In Alimosho / Giant Hailstones Batter China's Southern Provinces / Who Else Has Noticed The Sharp Drop In Number Of Likes For Pro APC Articles

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.