Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,399 members, 7,781,154 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 09:53 AM

Is It Wrong To Have A Girlfriend? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is It Wrong To Have A Girlfriend? (3179 Views)

Is It Wrong To Call The Name Of Jesus During Sex? / Is It Wrong To Worship In One Church And Pay Tithe In Another Church? / Is It Wrong To Give Your Tithe To The Poor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Wrong To Have A Girlfriend? by toby2(m): 8:54am On Aug 25, 2011
I really need sufficient knowledge about it and most importantly from the christian view. My aim is not for sex but to have a practical experience on how to be a good husband in the future. And what are the limits. Are romances such as kisses allowed in such a relationship? Thanks
Re: Is It Wrong To Have A Girlfriend? by manakeagie: 9:37am On Aug 25, 2011
Toby. Having a girl friend is not bad especially if your mind is very ready for it, But The Bad thing about it is sex, and sex is brought about after kissing and romancing . but you can date normally and avoid all that staff,
Re: Is It Wrong To Have A Girlfriend? by tpia5: 1:28pm On Aug 25, 2011
What do you mean by girlfriend.

Girlfriend as in a potential s.ex partner, friends who happen to be female, or someone you intend to marry.
Re: Is It Wrong To Have A Girlfriend? by Nobody: 1:30pm On Aug 25, 2011
Op how old are u? when do u think u would be ready for marriage?
Re: Is It Wrong To Have A Girlfriend? by nsodo: 4:11pm On Aug 25, 2011
It is health and good but to a certain extent and that is when you do not go beyond limits like kissing because you're not legally supposed to do that before you're wedded. But mere having a girl friend it is okay.
Re: Is It Wrong To Have A Girlfriend? by HISchild: 3:05am On Aug 26, 2011
friend,

speaking humbly, courting is not unusual, but there certainly should not be any sort of physical intimacy or lusting. One can become acquainted with his wife to be without such. Conversations on the phone or in the open (as opposed to close quarters./room in order to avoid temptation) is ok. (i recommend sharing the word of GOD as often as possible, to exhort and encourage each other in the things of The Lord)

"Now concerning the things whereof ye wrote unto me: It is good for a man not to touch a woman. Nevertheless, to avoid fornication, let every man have his own wife, and let every woman have her own husband. Let the husband render unto the wife due benevolence: and likewise also the wife unto the husband." - 1 Corinthians 7:1-3

"And if thine eye offend thee, pluck it out, and cast it from thee: it is better for thee to enter into life with one eye, rather than having two eyes to be cast into hell fire." - Matthew 18:9 (Matt 5:29)

So, watching and praying always, when you feel you're ready to marry, then do so because "Marriage is honourable in all, and the bed undefiled: but whoremongers and adulterers God will judge." - Hebrews 13:4

But remember, above all, including wife or anything, that love for GOD, by HIS grace is paramount - (Mark 12:30).  "But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you." -Matthew 6:33
Re: Is It Wrong To Have A Girlfriend? by bonetalk(m): 7:41am On Aug 26, 2011
Is it thesame girlfriends that we see around us? It's not ok! in oxford dictionary, it is called s.exual partner, which ofcourse is what they are practising now. Just stick to what Hischild has written, and it shall well with you in Jesus name
Re: Is It Wrong To Have A Girlfriend? by LoveKing(m): 8:15am On Aug 26, 2011
live free man. get a girlfriend and enjoy her if you want to. if you want to restrain, then its your choice. dont let hypocrites dictate how to live your life.
Re: Is It Wrong To Have A Girlfriend? by Nobody: 10:08am On Aug 26, 2011
LoveKing:

live free man. get a girlfriend and enjoy her if you want to. if you want to restrain, then its your choice. dont let hypocrites dictate how to live your life.

U people with name calling. How do u want others to describe u?
Re: Is It Wrong To Have A Girlfriend? by toby2(m): 12:16pm On Aug 26, 2011
@house am 21 years plus and still not have that experience. To other ladies i just don't know what to do wif dem
Re: Is It Wrong To Have A Girlfriend? by toby2(m): 12:21pm On Aug 26, 2011
Pls don't mis quote me. I don't mean a sexual partner. I mean courting or better still datin
Re: Is It Wrong To Have A Girlfriend? by Nobody: 12:58pm On Aug 26, 2011
Guy u are still young. wait till u get ur first degree or at least till when are 25 lipsrsealed undecided
Re: Is It Wrong To Have A Girlfriend? by Nobody: 2:20pm On Aug 26, 2011
Forget about it man. Aint worth it man, you are still young.
Re: Is It Wrong To Have A Girlfriend? by omobadan(m): 11:21am On Aug 29, 2011
You're a 21 year old man. I understand you might be asking this question from a religious point of view. But really, do you need to be asking the world about having a girlfriend at 21? You should've gone through at least a couple by now! Sex is part of our dna, be it as a single or a married person. If your religion is getting in the way, then have a female friend. But remember the more involved you two become, the likely chance sexual tension increases. If you don't want that then stay away from girls!

(1) (Reply)

Mormons [Members Of LDS] Lets Meet Here. / My Experience With A Psychotic Religious Woman Today. / The Day Pastor Adeboye Proved Himself To Be A False Prophet

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.