Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,395 members, 7,808,386 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:19 AM

Who Created Cain's Wives? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Who Created Cain's Wives? (2655 Views)

Why Did God Reject Cain's Sacrifice? / Who Created God Or How Did God Come Into Existence? / Who Created God? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Created Cain's Wives? by EFULEFU1(m): 10:19am On Aug 25, 2011
Where did those women cain married in the east of nod come from?
Re: Who Created Cain's Wives? by Nobody: 10:30am On Aug 25, 2011
Skeptics have used Cain's wife time and again to try to discredit the Book of Genesis as a true historical record. Sadly, most Christians have not been able to give an adequate answer to this question.

Sadly, most Christians probably could not answer these questions! And yet, there are answers

I will tell u straight op here on Nairaland that Cain's wife was a descendant of Adam. She could not have come from another “race” of people and must be one of Adam's descendants.
Re: Who Created Cain's Wives? by harakiri(m): 11:05am On Aug 25, 2011
toba:

Skeptics have used Cain's wife time and again to try to discredit the Book of Genesis as a true historical record. Sadly, most Christians have not been able to give an adequate answer to this question.

Sadly, most Christians probably could not answer these questions! And yet, there are answers

I will tell u straight op here on Nairaland that Cain's wife was a descendant of Adam. She could not have come from another “race” of people and must be one of Adam's descendants.

(1) Can you show proof of this "true historical record" you boldly claim to know about?

(2)Please, tell us "straight up here on nairaland" as you've boasted which of Adam's descendant's Cain married. Make sure you have concrete evidence and facts (even bible quotation is permitted in your category).

***[s]I'm dead sick of all these religious zombies/reetards on nairaland talking $hit about what they know nothing about[/s]***
Re: Who Created Cain's Wives? by mazaje(m): 11:18am On Aug 25, 2011
toba:

Firstly, where in the bible can we find any of what you have stated?. . . .Secondly if all humans decended from one man and woman then there should be DNA evidence to show and support that claim, where is the DNA evidence that shows that all humans decended from one man and one woman?. . .
Re: Who Created Cain's Wives? by Kay17: 11:44am On Aug 25, 2011
@toba that was a pathetic attempt.
Re: Who Created Cain's Wives? by Nobody: 11:46am On Aug 25, 2011
harakiri:

(1) Can you show proof of this "true historical record" you boldly claim to know about?

(2)Please, tell us "straight up here on nairaland" as you've boasted which of Adam's descendant's Cain married. Make sure you have concrete evidence and facts (even bible quotation is permitted in your category).

***I'm dead sick of all these religious zombies/reetards on nairaland talking $hit about what they know nothing about***

Im going to have a serious problem with u with ur choice of words and language. If u want a peaceful discussion, then discard ur egocentric nature and lets be civil.

I will  show u according to my biblical understanding that all human beings are descendants of one man and one woman (Adam and Eve)—as only those people who are descendants of Adam and Eve can be saved. Thus, it clear to say/show that Cain's wife  was a descendant of Adam and Eve. (The relevant Bible passage is Genesis 4:1-5:5.)

mazaje:

Firstly, where in the bible can we find any of what you have stated?. . . .Secondly if all humans decended from one man and woman then there should be DNA evidence to show and support that claim, where is the DNA evidence that shows that all humans decended from one man and one woman?. . .

Mazaje ur question is almost similar to that of harakiri so permit me to answer both in a single post. Lets ignore DNA or whatever as where are basing our discussion on what we have read from the bible

lets see it this way The first man
Therefore, even as through one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin, and so death passed on all men inasmuch as all sinned (Romans 5:12).

What im saying here is purely based on logic and deductive reasoning

We read in 1 Corinthians 15:45 that Adam was “the first man.” God did not start by making a whole group of men.

The Bible makes it clear that only the descendants of Adam can be saved. Romans 5 teaches that we sin because Adam sinned. The death penalty, which Adam received as judgment for his sin of rebellion, also passed on to all his descendants.

(Still on the first man)

Since Adam was the head of the human race when he “fell,” we who were in the loins of Adam “fell,” also. Thus, we are all separated from God. The final consequence of sin would be separation from God in our sinful state forever. However, the good news is that there is a way for us to return to God!

Because a man brought sin and death into the world, all the descendants of Adam need a sinless Man to pay the penalty for sin and the resulting judgment of death. However, the Bible teaches that “all have sinned” (Romans 3:23).

In line with the foregoing and from what i ve shown u above that everything in the reference given from both the old and new testament relates to just one man which is Adam

this is pure logic and no miracle or whatsoever
Re: Who Created Cain's Wives? by Nobody: 11:47am On Aug 25, 2011
Kay 17:

cool down
Re: Who Created Cain's Wives? by harakiri(m): 11:50am On Aug 25, 2011
toba:

Im going to have a serious problem with u with your choice of words and language. If u want a peaceful discussion, then discard your egocentric nature and lets be civil.

I will  show u according to my biblical understanding that all human beings are descendants of one man and one woman (Adam and Eve)—as only those people who are descendants of Adam and Eve can be saved. Thus, it clear to say/show that Cain's wife  was a descendant of Adam and Eve. (The relevant Bible passage is Genesis 4:1-5:5.)

Mazaje your question is almost similar to that of harakiri so permit me to answer both in a single post. Lets ignore DNA or whatever as where are basing our discussion on what we have read from the bible

lets see it this way The first man
Therefore, even as through one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin, and so death passed on all men inasmuch as all sinned (Romans 5:12).

What im saying here is purely based on logic and deductive reasoning

We read in 1 Corinthians 15:45 that Adam was “the first man.” God did not start by making a whole group of men.

The Bible makes it clear that only the descendants of Adam can be saved. Romans 5 teaches that we sin because Adam sinned. The death penalty, which Adam received as judgment for his sin of rebellion, also passed on to all his descendants.

(Still on the first man)

Since Adam was the head of the human race when he “fell,” we who were in the loins of Adam “fell,” also. Thus, we are all separated from God. The final consequence of sin would be separation from God in our sinful state forever. However, the good news is that there is a way for us to return to God!

Because a man brought sin and death into the world, all the descendants of Adam need a sinless Man to pay the penalty for sin and the resulting judgment of death. However, the Bible teaches that “all have sinned” (Romans 3:23).

In line with the foregoing and from what i ve shown u above that everything in the reference given from both the old and new testament relates to just one man which is Adam

this is pure logic and no miracle or whatsoever

Errrrr, two questions please :

(1)Please, could you type out the exact place in Genesis where it's written that ONLY THE CHILDREN OF ADAM AND EVE CAN BE SAVED?

(2)Please, can you provide credible proof to verify that the bible you have so much faith is actually the words of the creator of the universe and not the words of men? I hope you know that reverting back to that same bible to validate your claims is as ridiculous as defending Christmas with Santa Claus OR defending Easter with Easter bunnies! ! !
Re: Who Created Cain's Wives? by Nobody: 11:58am On Aug 25, 2011
harakiri:

(1)Please, could you type out the exact place in Genesis where it's written that ONLY THE CHILDREN OF ADAM AND EVE CAN BE SAVED?

(2)Please, can you provide credible proof to verify that the bible you have so much faith is actually the words of the creator of the universe and not the words of men? I hope you know that reverting back to that same bible to validate your claims is as ridiculous as defending Christmas with Santa Claus OR defending Easter with Easter bunnies! ! !

MUTHAFUCKA!!!!! What do you have against the Easter Bunny?!!!!! angry
Re: Who Created Cain's Wives? by Nobody: 12:10pm On Aug 25, 2011
harakiri:

Chairman, i dont remember ever telling u im a kinda genius or came to perform cajole here. The defense mechanism i've adopted is clear and i have stated it. Logic and deductive reasoning from what was written in the bible. Jesus christ is a Descendant of Adam right? Yes as a son of man who carried an aspect of human nature in him yes he is. Paul explains in 1 Corinthians 15 that God provided another Adam! The Son of God took on a human nature in addition to His full divinity, becoming a perfect God-man—Jesus Christ. In His humanity, He was a descendant of Adam (through Noah, Abraham and David)—He thus became our relation! He is called “the last Adam” (1 Corinthians 15:45), because he took the place of the first Adam. He became the new head, and, because he was sinless, He was able to pay the penalty for sin.

Try to relate that to John 3:16. Where im going is 'for whosoever believes in Him' will not do what?

Thats the salvation im referring to here. Its just common sense

harakiri:

Thats not what we are discussion here. We are talking about Cain and we read about Cain from the bible so our discussion shouldn't exceed what we read and understood from what is/was stated therein cheesy
Re: Who Created Cain's Wives? by harakiri(m): 12:13pm On Aug 25, 2011
Martian:

MUTHAFUCKA!!!!! What do you have against the Easter Bunny?!!!!! angry

grin grin cool
Re: Who Created Cain's Wives? by Jenwitemi(m): 11:02pm On Aug 25, 2011
Kay 17:

toba:

I will tell u straight op here on Nairaland that Cain's wife was a descendant of Adam. She could not have come from another “race” of people and must be one of Adam's descendants

Hahahahahahaha! cheesy That was truly hilarious and pathetic attempt! LOOOL! OMFG!!
Re: Who Created Cain's Wives? by Nobody: 8:49am On Aug 26, 2011
Jenwitemi:

Hahahahahahaha! cheesy That was truly hilarious and pathetic attempt! LOOOL! OMFG!!

Smdh. U forgot ur ability to read before responding. Kindly read my other posts and responses on the thread to get the logic and why i said cain's wives were descendants of the first man Adam
Re: Who Created Cain's Wives? by PastorKun(m): 9:48am On Aug 26, 2011
@Toba
Your attempt is not good enough and with this approach you would only give our atheist brethen more ammunition to ridicule you.

@OP
I believe the answer lies in Genesis 1:26-28 [would appreciate if someone can post this scripture as I am currently posting with my phone] this scripture in genesis 1 suggests God created other people and they had descendants before God created Adam and Eve in genesis 2. Cain's wife could have come from the descendants of these other people.
Re: Who Created Cain's Wives? by Nobody: 9:56am On Aug 26, 2011
Pastor Kun:

@Toba
Your attempt is not good enough and with this approach you would only give our atheist brethen more ammunition to ridicule you.

@OP
I believe the answer lies in Genesis 1:26-28 [would appreciate if someone can post this scripture as I am currently posting with my phone] this scripture in genesis 1 suggests God created other people and they had descendants before God created Adam and Eve in genesis 2. Cain's wife could have come from the descendants of these other people.
U are talking abosolute shiiiitz as usual. Heres what Genesis tells us

Ge:1:26: And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

Ge:1:27: So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.

Ge:1:28: And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth.

So u tell me the other people God created
Re: Who Created Cain's Wives? by Nobody: 10:12am On Aug 26, 2011
I hav no evidence but it is obvious that the book of Genesis is only a case study, it is the history of the jews not of the entire human race. And remembr that Jesus himself said "I came for the lost sheep of Isreal."
Re: Who Created Cain's Wives? by Nobody: 10:15am On Aug 26, 2011
u may be right however one may also be right to apply logic based on the help of the holy spirit from what have been read in the bible
Re: Who Created Cain's Wives? by mazaje(m): 10:23am On Aug 26, 2011
toba:

u may be right however one may also be right to[b] apply logic based on the help of the holy spirit[/b] from what have been read in the bible

Is it the same holy spirit that is sending different messages to you and Pator Kun there by making ou guys to interprete the bible differently?. . .
Re: Who Created Cain's Wives? by Nobody: 10:28am On Aug 26, 2011
I have written what i posted in English Language and u guys have read it. If the creation account whether right or wrong tells us that God created man first in the bible and then woman, where the hell did pastor kun get his own reasoning from.

BTW its not all the time that the holy spirit ministers to people. Some people are ministered to by the devil
Re: Who Created Cain's Wives? by philip0906(m): 2:05pm On Aug 26, 2011
@harakiri and mazaje
u both have nothing to offer than just hanging around threads looking 4 loopholes undecided
@op
u'z an atheist I know,but let me help u
http://www.christiananswers.net/q-aig/aig-c004.html
Re: Who Created Cain's Wives? by PastorKun(m): 8:06pm On Aug 26, 2011
@toba
Normally I don't like joining issues with you becos of your rude and childish attributes, but if you compare the creation story of man in genesis 1 and the creation of Adam and Eve in genesis 2 you would realise they were most probably two different accounts of creation which adequately explains the issue of cain's wife rather than the baseless assunptions you are trying to force on people who are obviously much more intelligent and more informed than yourself.
Re: Who Created Cain's Wives? by Jenwitemi(m): 7:28am On Aug 27, 2011
GBAM! Give it to his ignorant self. Let him know he is not talking to lazy thinkers that he surrounds himself with in real life. grin
Pastor Kun:

@toba
Normally I don't like joining issues with you becos of your rude and childish attributes, but if you compare the creation story of man in genesis 1 and the creation of Adam and Eve in genesis 2 you would realise they were most probably two different accounts of creation which adequately explains the issue of cain's wife rather than the baseless assunptions you are trying to force on people who are obviously much more intelligent and more informed than yourself.
Re: Who Created Cain's Wives? by Nobody: 11:58am On Aug 27, 2011
I have remained calm and very jovial since my second return here but that doesnt make me a f.oo.l as to accept rubbish from ignorant people. If u are reasonable, u would have seen where i expressly stated to harakiri that we should remain civil for us to have a peaceful discussion, Since u opted for the opposite, Just this one time i would repudiate on my earlier stance and give it to u in the exact way u merit it
Jenwitemi:

GBAM! Give it to his ignorant self. Let him know he is not talking to lazy thinkers that he surrounds himself with in real life. grin
Whats this supposed to mean? U must be really sick in the brain for having the guts to involve my personal life in the discussion on this faceless forum. Before u abandoned ur Godforsaken handle 'jagunlabi' u seldom made little sensible contribution, however since u phantom out this ur current handle you've lost ur senses completely.

I'll describe u with the words of my friends. 'what your Dilapidated, unreceptive & miscalculating BRAIN needs right now is EXPIATION! Proceed to the nearest tree where some nice honest hearted, resourceful and kind-enough fellows would help tie you up to the tree and then proceed to acrimoniously & asynchronously WHOOP the living daylights outta ya sorry and pitiable life'

attempting a rebuttal without reasonably providing any back up is meaningless. All u ve done so far on this thread is just to cheer lead and post nonsense

Kindly provide another alternative logic to what have said so far regarding from and how the wives of cain came into being u moooron.

Just this one time, i would spare ur pathetic self giving u a benefit of very small doubt to back up ur claim and next time learn not to get personal or chase shadows by ignoring substance. MUMU
Re: Who Created Cain's Wives? by Nobody: 11:59am On Aug 27, 2011
Pastor pastor. U have actually said nothing thats what deliberating upon sir. U are just playing with words as if u have no idea or well informed about whats being discussed here

Pastor Kun:

@toba

'Pastor i hope u are aware of what u are trying to make us believe on Probability that we might probably have two creation accounts.'

Its clear u are equivocating cos what u posted earlier on this thread suggests the opposite of what u are trying to say in this your post

Pastor Kun:

@Toba

@OP
I believe the answer lies in Genesis 1:26-28 [would appreciate if someone can post this scripture as I am currently posting with my phone] this scripture in genesis 1 suggests God created other people and they had descendants before God created Adam and Eve  Cain's wife could have come from the descendants of these other people.

Pastor the above is what u first posted oo that my answer lies in Genesis 1:26-28. Here again is what Gen 1 tells me oo

Ge:1:26: And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

Ge:1:27: So God created man in his own image, [/b]in the image of God created he him; [b]male and female created he them.

Ge:1:28: And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth.

cos i cant find where the bible says God made 'men' in his own image. If u have a bible that says God made men, i would be willing to read from it if u can provide me with same. undecided lipsrsealed

Its very clear that Gen1 which u asked us to read didnt contain what u have alleged. Now show me another part in Genesis 2 that may be talking about what u ve said above.

This is what i know explicitly pastor  there was only one man at the beginning—made from the dust of the earth (Genesis 2:7).

This also means that Cain's wife was a descendant of that same man Adam. She could not have come from another “race” of people and must be one of Adam's descendants.  If theres evidence to prove the contrary kindly share it with us sir

Have a blessed day undecided lipsrsealed
Re: Who Created Cain's Wives? by God2man(m): 11:30pm On Aug 27, 2011
Dake annotated Bible of 43 years of searching the scripture has the following interpretations and i quote" Adam and Eve were the first and only people on earth immediately after the 6 days' work of recreation. They were commanded to multiply and replenish the earth with their own kind( Gen 1: 26-28). The first marriages had to be between brothers and sisters in order to get the race started. After that, marrying close relative was forbidden(Lev 18). Cain was over 100 years old when he took his wife and went into the land of Nod where enough people already lived to build city. There he KNEW his wife, that is, had relationship with her and started his family( Gen 4: 16-26). The fact that Gen 3:20 says," Adam called his wife's name Eve; because she was the mother of all living," is proof enough that she was responsible for cain's wife as well as for cain himself" end of quote. The devil is a liar, and the father of all lies. He will deceived you, tell you lies that the bible contradict itself, the bible is this, the bible is that. The bible has been, and will forever be saving people from danger, untimely death, poverty, sickness, barreness and satanic oppression. The bible has life. It is the living word of God. Please, read hebrew 4: 12. God bless you. God2man. rted his family( Gen 4: 16-26). The fact that Gen 3:20 says," Adam called his wife's name Eve; because she was the mother of all living," is proof enough that she was responsible for cain's wife as well as for cain himself" end of quote. The devil is a liar, and the father of all lies. He will deceived you, tell you lies that the bible contradict itself, the bible is this, the bible is that. The bible has been, and will forever be saving people from danger, untimely death, poverty, sickness, barreness and satanic oppression. The bible has life. It is the living word of God. Please, read hebrew 4: 12. God bless you. God2man.
Re: Who Created Cain's Wives? by LoveKing(m): 11:50pm On Aug 27, 2011
@toba

you tryna tell us we are all products of incest except Jesus?
Re: Who Created Cain's Wives? by Jenwitemi(m): 11:56pm On Aug 27, 2011
Nice comeback, toba. cheesy Sorry to have hurt your feelings. Truth hurts, as they say.
toba:

I have remained calm and very jovial since my second return here but that doesnt make me a f.oo.l as to accept rubbish from ignorant people. If u are reasonable, u would have seen where i expressly stated to harakiri that we should remain civil for us to have a peaceful discussion, Since u opted for the opposite, Just this one time i would repudiate on my earlier stance and give it to u in the exact way u merit itWhats this supposed to mean? U must be really sick in the brain for having the guts to involve my personal life in the discussion on this faceless forum. Before u abandoned your Godforsaken handle 'jagunlabi' u seldom made little sensible contribution, however since u phantom out this your current handle you've lost your senses completely.

I'll describe u with the words of my friends. 'what your Dilapidated, unreceptive & miscalculating BRAIN needs right now is EXPIATION! Proceed to the nearest tree where some nice honest hearted, resourceful and kind-enough fellows would help tie you up to the tree and then proceed to acrimoniously & asynchronously WHOOP the living daylights outta ya sorry and pitiable life'

attempting a rebuttal without reasonably providing any back up is meaningless. All u ve done so far on this thread is just to cheer lead and post nonsense

Kindly provide another alternative logic to what have said so far regarding from and how the wives of cain came into being u moooron.

Just this one time, i would spare your pathetic self giving u a benefit of very small doubt to back up your claim and next time learn not to get personal or chase shadows by ignoring substance. MUMU
Re: Who Created Cain's Wives? by seyibrown(f): 1:10am On Aug 28, 2011
Pastor Kun:

@Toba

@OP

Pastor Kun, If God created other humans before Adam and Eve, how come Adam is the FIRST MAN, and through whom sin entered the world that led to all being counted as having sinned and come short of the glory of God? If Adam was not the first man, then there must be descendants of these 'first people' who do not need God's redemption! Know any of them?
Re: Who Created Cain's Wives? by PastorKun(m): 7:48am On Aug 28, 2011
@seyibrown
Whilst what I posted is a possible explanation, it is not my rigid position on the subject matter. The book of genesis remains one of the most mis-understood books in the bible and people are disposed to arguing based on pre-conceived notions. Personally I think the story of Genesis is a mix between the story of creation and that of civilisation of mankind, but that is a story for another thread.
Re: Who Created Cain's Wives? by Eleba: 2:49pm On Aug 28, 2011
@poste, i dnt tink u av plans 2 agree wit any1,so quit playing d devils advocate n stick 2 wat u blive.
Re: Who Created Cain's Wives? by seyibrown(f): 12:05am On Aug 29, 2011
Pastor Kun:

@seyibrown
Whilst what I posted is a possible explanation, it is not my rigid position on the subject matter. The book of genesis remains one of the most mis-understood books in the bible and people are disposed to arguing based on pre-conceived notions. Personally I think the story of Genesis is a mix between the story of creation and that of civilisation of mankind, but that is a story for another thread.

I do not agree that Genesis suggests other people were created . . . . and your perceived suggestion does not agree with God's promise and fulfilment of redemption, hence IMO, it cannot be a possible explanation! That he married a fallen angel could be one! smiley I am convinced from Genesis that his wife could only have been born by his parents.
Re: Who Created Cain's Wives? by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:03am On Aug 29, 2011
seyibrown:

I do not agree that Genesis suggests other people were created . . . . and your perceived suggestion does not agree with God's promise and fulfilment of redemption, hence IMO, it cannot be a possible explanation! That he married a fallen angel could be one! smiley I am convinced from Genesis that his wife could only have been born by his parents.

You are on the right track. Another possible explanation apart from Cain marrying one of his sisters could be that he married a cousin. But those who believe the satan's flood myth would disagree.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Can GOD Forgive Me? / Where Is "Holy Ghost Fire" Mentioned In The Bible? / Was Jesus Christ A Rich Man With An Accountant?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.