Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,585 members, 7,809,116 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:50 PM

Real Cost & Pix For Building 4bed Rm Duplex And 2bed Rm Flat X 2 At Edo State. - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Real Cost & Pix For Building 4bed Rm Duplex And 2bed Rm Flat X 2 At Edo State. (3453 Views)

Lovely Mini Flat And 2bed For Let / The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) / The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Real Cost & Pix For Building 4bed Rm Duplex And 2bed Rm Flat X 2 At Edo State. by hexcraft(m): 11:40am On Aug 25, 2011
Well Gents,

After being a secret Student of Spyder880, Fhemmmmmy, Babrus, and lots of Other Professors and Teachers on Building and construction for Over +6months on Naira Land and Intensive study and Reading, I Have taken the bull by the horn and now, I want to personally SUPERVISE THE BUILDING and CONSTRUCTION OF MY PERSONAL HOUSE, After also having bad experience from builders and engineers in my first project which I have abandoned temporarily and asked everybody to leave my site after spending +2m for a 3bedroom bungalow and the project was just above foundation not even filled or ready for DPC works after 8-months going, I lost all hope and Drive to consult anybody or Build. But NOW after learning from my Eminiment Professors on Nairaland, I think am bold again, but this time, I will do thing MYSELF and my way.

I will show pix of the abandoned project and then start this new Project in pix and Show all break down as much as possible.

But here is brief before we start.
This Project Started 1st of August by Acquiring the Land.

AIM: To build a Duplex with Bed rooms ( Ground floor = 1 large parlor, I guest room, kitchen, dinning and bar + ante room; 1st Floor = 3 bed room all masters and inclusive) and A standard 2bed room flat x 2 (One down and One up) as Detached apartments on same plot.

Objective: TO REDUCE IRRELEVANT COST as much as Possible and Supervise my Work Personally.

Target: Finish Project before October 2012. and Move in by God's Grace in November Same Year.

SO PROFESSORS AND my Good PEOPLE, I Will Welcome Suggestions and guidance as much as Possible.

Here are the details:

STAGE ONE: Land Acquisition and Preliminaries

Cost of Land = 850k @ Benin-City (Off Airport Road B4 the ZOO Garden Area (Irhiri Rd.) Actual Size of Land is 86x100. (what we have on paper is 85x100.
Community Issues and Others = 200k (Youth and dev. fees 100k, security 25k, Documentations with community, 5k, Elders Fee (tradition) fees 70)

Land Clearing = 10k
Surveying and Registration = 50k

Agreement and Lawyers' involvement, No fee charged yet (These are my friends and are investigating the land and doing all necessary probs., but Gave them tfars of 10k

Design, Registration and Approval = 200k (Pix Coming soon, Design-80k, approval 120k).

Thanks for your assistance.
Re: Real Cost & Pix For Building 4bed Rm Duplex And 2bed Rm Flat X 2 At Edo State. by ossyme(m): 1:39pm On Aug 25, 2011
i wish you the very best of luck!!
Re: Real Cost & Pix For Building 4bed Rm Duplex And 2bed Rm Flat X 2 At Edo State. by okey41: 12:08pm On Oct 25, 2011
My Brother, well done. You will surely be surprise how far you will go in the shortest possible time.

@spder880,more grease to your elbow,you have just graduated another person.
Re: Real Cost & Pix For Building 4bed Rm Duplex And 2bed Rm Flat X 2 At Edo State. by spyder880(m): 1:18pm On Oct 25, 2011
Yessssooooo! If i say I am happy, its any understatement. I am glued and watching this project, I will offer assistance where necessary and also urge others with the requisite know-how to advice our friend.

I pray that others also start something, stand up and take action now and you will be happy you did. Congrats Hexcraft, we are tuned and watching.
Re: Real Cost & Pix For Building 4bed Rm Duplex And 2bed Rm Flat X 2 At Edo State. by eros(m): 7:10pm On Nov 08, 2011
@ Hexcraft,

I will suggest you personally go to the house planning office to find out how much it truly costs to get approval. Here in Ibadan, it costs 30k for house plan Registration and Approval. I paid a total of 60k for the architectural drawing, registration and approval.

I am a very prudent person and hate it when people try to cheat or overcharge for services rendered. Just take out time and do your finding. I will be following this thread closely and rendering useful advise and suggestion from my personal experience in building
Re: Real Cost & Pix For Building 4bed Rm Duplex And 2bed Rm Flat X 2 At Edo State. by spyder880(m): 7:33pm On Nov 08, 2011
^^^ I think the rates for approval has something to do with the size and type of house, I hear that commercial houses has an added charge for approval. There is this house I will start very soon, we did the drawing with N50k, approvals for N95k and the house is like 4 flats but designed in 2 flats and one duplex. The house will be built in Enugu.
Re: Real Cost & Pix For Building 4bed Rm Duplex And 2bed Rm Flat X 2 At Edo State. by eros(m): 7:57pm On Nov 08, 2011
@ spyder880,

^^^^^ You are very correct about that. However, i think the price difference should not be so much. Besides, these prices are fixed by the State government, so it should not be so outrageous as the Architects make it look, all in a bid to make some extra cash.
Re: Real Cost & Pix For Building 4bed Rm Duplex And 2bed Rm Flat X 2 At Edo State. by jonahoc: 11:57pm On Dec 30, 2011
Hi guys, any idea about cost of building block of 16nos 3 bdrm service apartments in Abuja including cost of land in a good area ( not the likes of maitama, asokoro, garki, etc of course) What of the rate of ROI? ( how much can be made annually by leasing out these apartments?). please advise.
Re: Real Cost & Pix For Building 4bed Rm Duplex And 2bed Rm Flat X 2 At Edo State. by eros(m): 2:38pm On Dec 31, 2011
Hey Hexcraft,

Whatever happened with updating this thread? Its been a while, trust you are in good health.
Re: Real Cost & Pix For Building 4bed Rm Duplex And 2bed Rm Flat X 2 At Edo State. by DWALKER: 1:08pm On Dec 06, 2015
I have just cleared up my land. I need advice on how to go about levelling and the likes in preparation for foundation. I believe I can monitor this stage myself. What step should I take next and what services shld I employ

(1) (Reply)

New Order,(installations stage)Works By Perfect Touch Aluminium / Join The Fast Developing Community With CofO- Queen's Court Lekki Lakowe / Restaurants And Salon Design By Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.