Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,297 members, 7,808,010 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:55 AM

Web Designing With Corel Draw - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Web Designing With Corel Draw (2456 Views)

Which Pays More In Lagos - Selling Clothes In Boutiques Vs Web Designing / Anyone With Knowledge About Web Designing? / Cost of Designing & Hosting a Web Portal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Web Designing With Corel Draw by databoy247(m): 12:33pm On Aug 25, 2011
I often hear people talk about designing websites with Adobe Photoshop. My question is: Is it not possible to also design great website layouts with CorelDraw? If its possible, then what are the missing stuff i dont see, and how can one go about it. Your response will be appreciated.

Thanks.
Re: Web Designing With Corel Draw by Afam4eva(m): 12:36pm On Aug 25, 2011
Why use corel draw for web graphics when there is Photoshop. Corel draw is old and sorta outdated to web graphic designers.
Re: Web Designing With Corel Draw by greenmouse(m): 1:01pm On Aug 25, 2011
Corel Draw is not originally meant for web graphics, rather it was meant for printing graphic designs.
The extension .cdr is not accepted by w3c as web graphic extension though you can export to jpeg but it usually affect the image in question.

The best web graphic software is Fireworks and Photoshop, explore this as it is more robust and has web related features for your design and prototype demo, (.gif, .jpg, .png, .bmp) good extension used in different web graphics jobs.
Re: Web Designing With Corel Draw by databoy247(m): 8:24pm On Aug 25, 2011
it means i have to go back and learn the almighty photoshop i have been shying away from. sad Anyone out there with a good and reliable how-to manual on photoshop? Please nobody should post an account number here oh. I just need a lil help.

@ greenmouse, can you design a database driven website with referral system?

Cheers.
Re: Web Designing With Corel Draw by madelinekim(m): 6:22am On Mar 13, 2013
Yes, it is true that corel draw is very old concept of graphics designing but nowadays photoshop is very much popular and effective software for designing because it includes many advanced features and tools for designing or editing various kind of images or logo.
Re: Web Designing With Corel Draw by Sylvanusnwafor(m): 10:10am On Dec 18, 2013
Coreldraw in Nigeria is very popular. A lot of graphic, web designers use it.

I have used the world's most popular softwares for design but I tell you,

Coreldraw presents the best flexibility even for creating your visuals for web and mobile devices.

It is a very strong vector graphic editor compared to Illustrator and even Fireworks.

I am talking practically here. This is what I have used and now after over two decades (20years) working as a designer

I prefer Coreldraw. I even did a book on how you can design great websites with Coreldraw.

If you are interested, you can check it out now!
Re: Web Designing With Corel Draw by mitey(m): 10:57am On Dec 18, 2013
@OP, One of the reasons for using Photoshop is the ability to create layers that can be easily exported to html. Using FireWorks improves and optimizes the graphics for web.

One workaround can be to create your graphics in CorelDraw, since you are already used to it. And then export it to PS or FW and optimize it from there.

As for tutorials, pm GraphicsPlus. Or you can contact me if you are based in Lagos (I have up to date tutorials for PS and FW in both Video and E-Book formats).

(1) (Reply)

Samurai-x Effect: 6 Ways To Lower Down Your Alexa Ranking / Administrator (seun) Please Add A Ranking Feature / How To Use The HUAWEI Bm632w BM632 Wimax CPE

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.