Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,586 members, 7,809,122 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:03 AM

Afcon Qualifier: Madagascar Vs Nigeria (0 - 2) On 4th September 2011 - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Afcon Qualifier: Madagascar Vs Nigeria (0 - 2) On 4th September 2011 (49616 Views)

Poll: Will The Super Eagles Win This Match?

Yes: 96% (99 votes)
No: 3% (4 votes)
This poll has ended

Egypt Vs Nigeria AFCON Qualifier: 1 - 0 on 29th March 2016 / Nigeria Vs Tanzania : AFCON Qualifier (0 - 0) ON 5th September 2015 / Nigeria Vs South Africa: AFCON Qualifier (2 - 2) On 19th November 2014 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Afcon Qualifier: Madagascar Vs Nigeria (0 - 2) On 4th September 2011 by hollandis(f): 4:42pm On Sep 03, 2011
Super chickens will lose.bunch of old men
Re: Afcon Qualifier: Madagascar Vs Nigeria (0 - 2) On 4th September 2011 by marcus1234: 5:00pm On Sep 03, 2011
Re: Afcon Qualifier: Madagascar Vs Nigeria (0 - 2) On 4th September 2011 by Nobody: 9:57pm On Sep 03, 2011
hollandis:

Super chickens will lose.bunch of old men
Hope you don't hang yourself if the super chicken wins?
Re: Afcon Qualifier: Madagascar Vs Nigeria (0 - 2) On 4th September 2011 by julioralph(m): 9:59pm On Sep 03, 2011
we'll certainly win, as long as the boys do not underrate the Madagascans.
Re: Afcon Qualifier: Madagascar Vs Nigeria (0 - 2) On 4th September 2011 by mikron(m): 2:03am On Sep 04, 2011
But why are we fretting over small issues like madagascar? Honestly it has never crossed my mind that we ll loose or even draw the match. For crying out loud this match is a done deal. QED. I forsee 4-0. 9ja winning the match. Is there any comparism in the 1st place? Just asking.But why are we fretting over small issues like madagascar? Honestly it has never crossed my mind that we ll loose or even draw the match. For crying out loud this match is a done deal. QED. I forsee 4-0. 9ja winning the match. Is there any comparism in the 1st place? Just asking.
Re: Afcon Qualifier: Madagascar Vs Nigeria (0 - 2) On 4th September 2011 by Nobody: 2:37am On Sep 04, 2011
sincerely hope we win
http://forum.wiziwig.eu/threads/59841-Sunday-s-Football-Links
go to that site and hope there's a link,if there's none there,there's none anywhere
Re: Afcon Qualifier: Madagascar Vs Nigeria (0 - 2) On 4th September 2011 by Babamide(m): 4:30am On Sep 04, 2011
femi4:

Guinea is leading d group with 10pts from 4matches,Nig has 7pts from 4 matches  as well. A win in Madagascar and beating Guinea in the last match at home will take us to 13pts which give us d ticket(using head to head rule) ahead of Guinea that would have finished with the same number of pts(13)

Thanks for the info femi. I guess you meant to say Nigeria has played 3games. I just hope they don't come up with stupid excuses like bad pitch or bad weather or presidential phone call.
Re: Afcon Qualifier: Madagascar Vs Nigeria (0 - 2) On 4th September 2011 by clip: 5:15am On Sep 04, 2011
What determines who wins is 90 + extra minute of best concentration and determination of play.Not name of the country or players
Re: Afcon Qualifier: Madagascar Vs Nigeria (0 - 2) On 4th September 2011 by femi4: 5:53am On Sep 04, 2011
Babamide:

Thanks for the info femi. I guess you meant to say Nigeria has played 3games. I just hope they don't come up with silly excuses like bad pitch or bad weather or presidential phone call.
Nigeria has played 4 mttches

Beat Madagascar and Ethiopia, lost to Guinea in conakry and drew with Ethiopia in addis ababba.

Check the table below:

Team Pld W D L GF GA GD Pts

Guinea 4 3 1 0 10 3 +7 10

Nigeria 4 2 1 1 8 3 +5 7

Ethiopia 4 1 1 2 4 10 −6 4

Madagas 4 0 1 3 2 8 −6 1
car

In fact a win today and at least 2-0 win over Guinea in the last match here in Nig. will give SE the ticket via head to head rule cos we lost 0-1 to Guinea in Conakry
Re: Afcon Qualifier: Madagascar Vs Nigeria (0 - 2) On 4th September 2011 by Babamide(m): 7:30am On Sep 04, 2011
Now i grab.
Re: Afcon Qualifier: Madagascar Vs Nigeria (0 - 2) On 4th September 2011 by hollandis(f): 7:49am On Sep 04, 2011
people are forgetting that guinea will also win gallantly against their opponents ethiopia,sia sia was foolish to have left out osaze in the first match,is it mikel that will save us?or club substitute enyeama and never scoring anichebe .nigeria will not only lose the match but will lose woefully
Re: Afcon Qualifier: Madagascar Vs Nigeria (0 - 2) On 4th September 2011 by donchucky21(m): 7:59am On Sep 04, 2011
unserious players in d pitch we might have a draw if not beaten,
Re: Afcon Qualifier: Madagascar Vs Nigeria (0 - 2) On 4th September 2011 by Gbenge77(m): 9:02am On Sep 04, 2011
Lets see how this one goes.
Re: Afcon Qualifier: Madagascar Vs Nigeria (0 - 2) On 4th September 2011 by Nobody: 9:23am On Sep 04, 2011
I have not seen any source to the 12:30 starting time?
Re: Afcon Qualifier: Madagascar Vs Nigeria (0 - 2) On 4th September 2011 by bingbagbo(m): 10:51am On Sep 04, 2011
where can i watch the game?
Re: Afcon Qualifier: Madagascar Vs Nigeria (0 - 2) On 4th September 2011 by scopusng(m): 10:56am On Sep 04, 2011
TV blackout for Super Eagles game

Posted: 2011-09-04 10:40

Nigerian fans will be denied the opportunity of seeing the live transmission of Sunday's decisive 2012 African Nations qualifier against Madagascar due to CAF's broadcast rights deal with French television company Sport5.

The Confederation of African Football bundled the rights to all African Nations Cup qualifying games, with Sport5 securing the exclusive rights.

Nigerian television stations NTA and AIT, which wanted to broadcast the game in the country, were allegedly asked to pay up $750 000 for signals. Both refused, claiming the cost was way too high.

As a consequence, and just like the Ethiopia game in June, Nigerian fans will not get to see the Super Eagles play Madagascar.

Nigeria is not an isolated case, as South Africans are also in danger of missing out on seeing Bafana Bafana play Niger for similar reasons.

Live text update of the game will be available on TeamKickOffNigeria.com

http://www.kickoff.com/news/24074/tv-blackout-for-super-eagles-game.php
Re: Afcon Qualifier: Madagascar Vs Nigeria (0 - 2) On 4th September 2011 by EMOlusuyi: 11:04am On Sep 04, 2011
Super eagle win win win all the way.
Re: Afcon Qualifier: Madagascar Vs Nigeria (0 - 2) On 4th September 2011 by BabaO2: 11:09am On Sep 04, 2011
I wish and pray we win, but am in doubt, i dont just know why.
We keep deceiving ourselves as if we have the players that really know how to play football, we are not talking of kick and run, every other boy in the world wish and can do that.
Re: Afcon Qualifier: Madagascar Vs Nigeria (0 - 2) On 4th September 2011 by ariy(m): 11:12am On Sep 04, 2011
scopusng:

TV blackout for Super Eagles game

Posted: 2011-09-04 10:40

Nigerian fans will be denied the opportunity of seeing the live transmission of Sunday's decisive 2012 African Nations qualifier against Madagascar due to CAF's broadcast rights deal with French television company Sport5.

The Confederation of African Football bundled the rights to all African Nations Cup qualifying games, with Sport5 securing the exclusive rights.

Nigerian television stations NTA and AIT, which wanted to broadcast the game in the country, were allegedly asked to pay up $750 000 for signals. Both refused, claiming the cost was way too high.

As a consequence, and just like the Ethiopia game in June, Nigerian fans will not get to see the Super Eagles play Madagascar.

Nigeria is not an isolated case, as South Africans are also in danger of missing out on seeing Bafana Bafana play Niger for similar reasons.

Live text update of the game will be available on TeamKickOffNigeria.com

http://www.kickoff.com/news/24074/tv-blackout-for-super-eagles-game.php

African FA presidents a collective shame
by Thomas Kwenaite 30/08/2011, 14:36

I read a report last week that Uefa Champions League winners Barcelona received 44.5million-euros and losing finalists last year Manchester United brought to Old Trafford a massive 53.5million-euro pay-cheque for their participation in Europe’s premier club competition.

I understand that the money is accrued from television broadcast rights and Uefa shares the loot with their clubs. I found that amazingly educational and certainly a competition that is worth taking part in if you are a club in Europe. It surely inspires clubs to win the league championship in order to qualify.

Naturally, I compared the payout to what is happening in Mother Africa and I am afraid there is simply no comparison. I was not only shocked, but embarrassed as well when I compared Manchester United’s prize money to what African champions TP Mazembe received from the Confederation of African Football.

CAF pay out their club champions a measly US$1.5m and once the continental body has deducted some broadcast fees, the prize money shrinks even further and when a club conducts their expenditure, it leaves them wondering whether it is indeed worth taking part in Pan-African club competitions.

Africa is a vast continent and traveling can take a challenge, with clubs flying to Europe at times and then back into Africa again before reaching their destination for a fixture. And Caf does not even subsidize clubs which means clubs are either left with a huge dent in their pockets or with cap in hand and on bended knees, they crawl to the government for financial aid.

There was a huge outcry from club owners when Caf took over broadcast rights of the club competitions and handed them to a French-based company called Sports Five. The company demands quite a handsome amount of boodle from national broadcasters to secure the rights to the events and yet the quality of the broadcast always leaves an awful lot to be desired.

Now Caf has tightened the screws and have taken all broadcast rights away from football federations and not only owns such rights, but has awarded them to the Sports Five who are now calling the tune when it comes to qualifying matches of the African Nations Cup and Fifa World Cup on the continent.

In other words, the Nigerian Television Authority or Africa Independent Television (AIT) to pay Sports Five frightening figures in dollars if they want to broadcast the match against Madagascar in Antananarivo this weekend. And if they cannot raise the fee demanded by Sports Five, Nigerians in general will have to rely on match reports the next day to read about how the Super Eagles played.

Assuming Sports Five are charging each federation across Africa an equivalent of US$750 000, which is what they allegedly demanded for the Sierra Leone/SA game in Freetown (I confess not to be clued up with figures) but I suspect that comes very close to anything between US$40-m and US$45-m that Sports Five squeeze regularly out of impoverished football federations across the continent.

Fifa pays each federations that have qualified for the World Cup US$3-m to prepare for the tournament. Then they pay the federations an additional US$1-m for every match in the group stages and the figure increases once they reach the knockout stages.

The question is, how much does Caf pay federations to clubs that have qualified for the African Nations Cup. Better still, how much does a country receive in terms of prize money if you win the African Nations Cup tournament? Wait for it …, zilch, because CAF claims you compete for national pride!

When the Togolese national team bus was ambushed by Angolan rebels and two people died, what was Caf’s reponse to the human loss of life? They instead asked what was Togo doing in Congo in the first place, when the Togolese needed our collective sympathy.

I put the blame squarely on the shoulders of presidents of football federations across the continent. They are either weak kneed, plain ignorant or have been indoctrinated into believing they are cursed into spending the rest of their lives trodding the path to their respective government Houses as perpetual beggars!

They are aware that they are being short changed by the confederation leadership who are taking much needed funds out of the country and to a European company, and yet for the last 22 years, they have overwhelmingly retained the same executive committee back into power.

They can all go jump in the Victoria Falls for all I care as long as it can stop them from irritating us by pleading poverty because of their collective naiveté in voting into power a group of people who do not, for a single day care less about their welfare but have sold their milk cow to a European country.

Has any of the so-called learned presidents of football federations across Africa cared to ask Caf president Issa Hayatou exactly who are Sports Five; who are the board of directors of the company and, how is awarding them broadcast rights of Afcon competitions until 2018 going to benefit African federations?

http://www.supersport.com/football/blogs/thomas-kwenaite/African_FA_presidents_a_collective_shame
Re: Afcon Qualifier: Madagascar Vs Nigeria (0 - 2) On 4th September 2011 by mikymouse1(m): 11:56am On Sep 04, 2011
Gbenge 77:

We can forget about qualifying if we lose that match.
we will not only win today, but will qualify eventually by defeating Guinea in the last match in Abuja
Re: Afcon Qualifier: Madagascar Vs Nigeria (0 - 2) On 4th September 2011 by kossydiba(m): 12:08pm On Sep 04, 2011
[color=#550000][/color]pls wats d exact tym 4 d match cuz i doom've think its 12:30pm
Re: Afcon Qualifier: Madagascar Vs Nigeria (0 - 2) On 4th September 2011 by mikuz(m): 12:28pm On Sep 04, 2011
Woh! The match is about to kick off!
Re: Afcon Qualifier: Madagascar Vs Nigeria (0 - 2) On 4th September 2011 by feasy1(m): 12:35pm On Sep 04, 2011
Any working stream for this game please?
Re: Afcon Qualifier: Madagascar Vs Nigeria (0 - 2) On 4th September 2011 by Jkorokoro: 12:37pm On Sep 04, 2011
13.30 gmt
Re: Afcon Qualifier: Madagascar Vs Nigeria (0 - 2) On 4th September 2011 by Nobody: 12:39pm On Sep 04, 2011
Had anyone got streams for the match please?
Re: Afcon Qualifier: Madagascar Vs Nigeria (0 - 2) On 4th September 2011 by mikuz(m): 12:41pm On Sep 04, 2011
5' Anichebe wins another corner kick on the left channel. Mikel delivers, ball pings around in the box but is cleared
Re: Afcon Qualifier: Madagascar Vs Nigeria (0 - 2) On 4th September 2011 by mikuz(m): 12:42pm On Sep 04, 2011
Live stream : stream2watch.com
Re: Afcon Qualifier: Madagascar Vs Nigeria (0 - 2) On 4th September 2011 by horwarh(m): 12:43pm On Sep 04, 2011
any live stream pls
Re: Afcon Qualifier: Madagascar Vs Nigeria (0 - 2) On 4th September 2011 by aieromon(m): 12:45pm On Sep 04, 2011
mikuz:

Live stream : stream2watch.com

Not working,bro
Re: Afcon Qualifier: Madagascar Vs Nigeria (0 - 2) On 4th September 2011 by mikuz(m): 12:45pm On Sep 04, 2011
6' Ike Uche looked to have been tripped in the boxas hetried tow wriggle his way through. Ref uninterested
Re: Afcon Qualifier: Madagascar Vs Nigeria (0 - 2) On 4th September 2011 by mikuz(m): 12:47pm On Sep 04, 2011
10' Madagascar get their first look on goal. A long ball is looped over, but Efe Ambrose heads back to Dele

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Ronaldo Slammed For Walking Out On Allegri While Addressing Juventus Players / Chuka Iwobi: Alex Iwobi's Father Celebrates His Son Over Russia 2018 World Cup / WWE Legend Bray Wyatt Dies Aged 36 As Triple H Leads Tribute To Pioneer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.