Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,461 members, 7,808,643 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:44 PM

Messi vs Ronaldo: Mikel Obi Makes His Choice - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Messi vs Ronaldo: Mikel Obi Makes His Choice (67647 Views)

Private Jets: Neymar Vs. Ronaldo Vs. Messi / Messi Vs Iceland: Caption These Photos Of Iceland Players Marking Messi / Olga Diyachenko Welcomes Nigeria To Russia With Loved Up Photo With Mikel Obi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Messi vs Ronaldo: Mikel Obi Makes His Choice by shegzbillionz(m): 7:31pm On Nov 24, 2022
'I've never liked him' - Mikel Obi picks his choice between Messi and Ronaldo, reveals his World Cup favorites

The Super Eagles legend has come up against two of football's greatest ever players, but he's only ever had one favourite between the legendary duo.

Speaking in an interview on Tuesday, November 22, 2022, after Argentina's shock opening group match loss in Saudi Arabia, the Chelsea icon has backed Albaceleste skipper Lionel Messi to bounce back from their opening matchday setback when they face Mexico.

Argentina assumed the lead in the 7th minute after Lionel Messi scored a penalty and saw three goals ruled out for offside in the opening 45 minutes.

However, the South Americans totally collapsed in the second period as Hervé Renard's side staged an epic comeback against this year's favourites with two goals in five minutes courtesy of strikes from Saleh Al-Shehri and Salem Al-Dawsari in the 48th and 53rd minute respectively.

Saudi Arabic shocked Argentina in their first game of the 2022 World Cup Pulse
The shocking upset was met with widespread reactions on social media with fans taunting Argentina skipper Messi, following the disappointing result.

But Super Eagles legend Mikel Obi, has now shared his admiration for the PSG maestro and believes he can help Lionel Scaloni's Albaceleste bounce back.

"The result doesn't change my prediction, definitely not. I still think they will go all the way. I'm a big Messi fan so I hope he can still go all the way," he revealed in an interview with Dubai-based OAP.

When also asked about what other teams to look out for this year's edition, Mikel said: Of course, England is going to be there, France, Brazil.. I think one of them are going to do it but I'm still sticking with Argentina."

Mikel also added his admiration for Messi who he described as the greatest player ever.

"There is still hope [for Argentina]. I mean the greatest player ever in my opinion, I still think he's going to do it,"

Manchester United and Cristiano Ronaldo on Tuesday night, November 22, 2022, announced the termination of the 37-year-old's contract by mutual consent, following his explosive interview with popular journalist Piers Morgan.

Following the news, Super Eagles legend Mikel Obi, has now revealed his disposition towards the Portuguese superstar.

"I've never been a Ronaldo fan really. For me, when a player has so much ego, I don't really get it. He's never been one of my favourite players and that's why I always go for Messi really," he said in an interview with Dubai Eye.

When asked about the problem the former Manchester United star poses to other manager's dressing room, Mikel said:

"No definitely, I mean if someone comes out and give such an interview, what makes you think, if he signs for your club in January he won't do the same?

So, I mean every club is going to be aware of that....but listen he is Cristiano Ronaldo, he's one of the greatest players to ever have played the game. I think he's going to get another club in January and continue his football career.

But for me, It's just a horrible scenario, he's done so much for the club, and to see it end this way, it's just horrible. On his part really, I would say, that interview shouldn't have been done, wrong timing as well.

It's just not right. It doesn't look right for such a player that has achieved so much in the game."

The former Manchester United and Chelsea midfielder also commented when asked if the bombshell interview would have tarnished his legacy at Old Trafford.

"I think a little bit yeah. Even his fans as well right now, they don't agree with the interview. It's very hard to defend him," Mikel added.

The 37-year-old Ronaldo scored 145 goals in 346 appearances across two spells for Manchester United and is currently expected to start for Portugal when they take on Ghana on Thursday, November 23 in their opening Group H match at the FIFA World Cup in Qatar.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.pulse.ng/sports/football/super-eagles/i-never-liked-him-mikel-obi-picks-his-favourite-between-messi-and-ronaldo/ytr05ls.amp

67 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Messi vs Ronaldo: Mikel Obi Makes His Choice by illicit(m): 7:43pm On Nov 24, 2022
Yeah sure

No like lost
No like found

78 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Messi vs Ronaldo: Mikel Obi Makes His Choice by Ofunwa111: 7:46pm On Nov 24, 2022
cheesy. Your opinion.. Viva CR7 forever

489 Likes 33 Shares

Re: Messi vs Ronaldo: Mikel Obi Makes His Choice by kolamilan(m): 7:54pm On Nov 24, 2022
Factos

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Messi vs Ronaldo: Mikel Obi Makes His Choice by LillyDValley(m): 8:06pm On Nov 24, 2022
Truth is bitter.
Kudos to Mikel obi for speaking the minds of sensible people in this world.

The senseless people will say otherwise.

336 Likes 31 Shares

Re: Messi vs Ronaldo: Mikel Obi Makes His Choice by MadeInChina: 9:02pm On Nov 24, 2022
Who gives a fúck about this nonentity's opinion? as if ronaldo even knows he exists, Is his liking worth anything? he isn't even worth the piece of tissue ronaldo wipes his ass with. He should focus more on how worthless his career was.

207 Likes 21 Shares

Re: Messi vs Ronaldo: Mikel Obi Makes His Choice by Qwety123: 9:15pm On Nov 24, 2022
Messi asslicker like him choke on your hate, argentina are getting knocked out in the groups your midget is going nowhere

92 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Messi vs Ronaldo: Mikel Obi Makes His Choice by Nemesis0147(m): 9:24pm On Nov 24, 2022
Thank you Mikel for saying the truth.

Pendu is the most self centered footballer I have seen all my life...jumping from one club to another just to tap in goals and add them to his statistics!!
Man U shouldn’t have let him go...they should have let him rot in the young team squad!

83 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Messi vs Ronaldo: Mikel Obi Makes His Choice by Flyfly: 9:24pm On Nov 24, 2022
LillyDValley:
Truth is bitter.
Kudos to Mikel obi for speaking the minds of sensible people in this world.

The senseless people will say otherwise.
Coming from an idiot who scams people with fake palmpay giveaways.

193 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Messi vs Ronaldo: Mikel Obi Makes His Choice by NwaNimo1(m): 9:25pm On Nov 24, 2022

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Messi vs Ronaldo: Mikel Obi Makes His Choice by Lanre4uonly(m): 9:25pm On Nov 24, 2022
Ok, noted.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Messi vs Ronaldo: Mikel Obi Makes His Choice by VeryWickedGoat: 9:25pm On Nov 24, 2022
Mikel has won every trophy Ronaldo won and more.

50 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Messi vs Ronaldo: Mikel Obi Makes His Choice by anonabbey: 9:25pm On Nov 24, 2022
make una stop to dey beef ororo naaaaa. Na we say make Pessi no ginger him team to victory

62 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Messi vs Ronaldo: Mikel Obi Makes His Choice by DevilSignature: 9:25pm On Nov 24, 2022
grin

Broder mi no one cares for your opinion. as once a fuccckin player u were, no one cares about you, love or hear ur name in the dark. U were one of a number of players in Chelsea, after you departed from Chelsea how was the market selling for you? In ur miserable career years as far as I can remember it's only one goal or two u score throughout the years.
That Messi you admired na ur mate, you both started football same time, same year, have u achieved one tenth of Messi achievement?
The only cup wey u touch na that year wey dragba/Chelsea carry champion league u follow celebrate and the wooden African cup Nigeria carry that year.

Suit urself brother mi

58 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Messi vs Ronaldo: Mikel Obi Makes His Choice by Omniman(m): 9:25pm On Nov 24, 2022
sad
Re: Messi vs Ronaldo: Mikel Obi Makes His Choice by olu77(m): 9:26pm On Nov 24, 2022
Lol

There are some of us who don't care about any of you but we still wish you all the best of luck. I am playing my role, you are playing your role. You won't be in my way and I won't be in your way

Many people think Mikel is too proud but here is Mikel pointing a finger at another player

41 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Messi vs Ronaldo: Mikel Obi Makes His Choice by xpressionx(m): 9:26pm On Nov 24, 2022
Ok

1 Like

Re: Messi vs Ronaldo: Mikel Obi Makes His Choice by blowjohn(m): 9:26pm On Nov 24, 2022
Person wey don retire before e time dey talk

46 Likes 1 Share

Re: Messi vs Ronaldo: Mikel Obi Makes His Choice by karzyharsky(m): 9:26pm On Nov 24, 2022
As if ororo cares

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Messi vs Ronaldo: Mikel Obi Makes His Choice by Nobody: 9:26pm On Nov 24, 2022
So Mikel is this foolishh? undecided

47 Likes 1 Share

Re: Messi vs Ronaldo: Mikel Obi Makes His Choice by Mentorkaryhm(m): 9:26pm On Nov 24, 2022
“I don’t have time for those that do not like me, my focus is on the people that likes me….
CR 7

71 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Messi vs Ronaldo: Mikel Obi Makes His Choice by karzyharsky(m): 9:26pm On Nov 24, 2022
It is good to stay relevant mikel

4 Likes

Re: Messi vs Ronaldo: Mikel Obi Makes His Choice by Myfuture01(m): 9:27pm On Nov 24, 2022
They are all great ballers.

Beach has been a tourist attraction in every Nations across the globe

How do you feel about having an opportunity to invest now in an Estate by beach side? You are sure of good returns due to fast value appreciation.

Take Advantage of 10% discount offer, invest now at "Eko Beach City". Tittle: C of o.
Located at Abijo axis of Ibeju-Lekki, Lagos Island.

300sqm 13.5m instead of N15m
500sqm 22.5m instead of N25m

Commercial Plot
N31.5m per 500sqm instead of N35m

For physical Inspection, enquiry and payment details
Call/WhatsApp the attached phone number.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Messi vs Ronaldo: Mikel Obi Makes His Choice by thesicilian: 9:27pm On Nov 24, 2022
MadeInChina:
Who gives a fúck about this nonentity's opinion? as if ronaldo even knows he exists, Is his liking worth anything? he isn't even worth the piece of tissue ronaldo wipes his ass with. He should focus more on how worthless his career was.
Don't mind him. If not for his bad decision to go to Chelsea he'd have been at the level of these two GOATS

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Messi vs Ronaldo: Mikel Obi Makes His Choice by frankson1(m): 9:27pm On Nov 24, 2022
To think that Mikel and Messi played at the same age grade.......undecided undecided undecided

42 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Messi vs Ronaldo: Mikel Obi Makes His Choice by traihit: 9:27pm On Nov 24, 2022
Fun fact:Ronaldo doesn't thrive on Mikel's likeness of him

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Messi vs Ronaldo: Mikel Obi Makes His Choice by Christane: 9:27pm On Nov 24, 2022
Mikel will always like Messi considering they started together in their early days despite d fact Messi became a football legend ...and Mikel became a star at Chelsea and one of d best in his position....

secondly Mikel av faced Messi more Dan once at the world cup.. so is normal for Mikel to pick Messi over Ronaldo

10 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Messi vs Ronaldo: Mikel Obi Makes His Choice by xxxtedyxxx(m): 9:27pm On Nov 24, 2022
Small yansh too dey shake

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Messi vs Ronaldo: Mikel Obi Makes His Choice by Wealthoptulent(m): 9:27pm On Nov 24, 2022
shegzbillionz:
'I've never liked him' - Mikel Obi picks his choice between Messi and Ronaldo, reveals his World Cup favorites

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.pulse.ng/sports/football/super-eagles/i-never-liked-him-mikel-obi-picks-his-favourite-between-messi-and-ronaldo/ytr05ls.amp

N him nko?

Did he have all the LOVE, round CLOCK his CAREER? HE is not the BEST ASWELL.

LIVE &ET LIVE

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Messi vs Ronaldo: Mikel Obi Makes His Choice by billynoni(m): 9:27pm On Nov 24, 2022
Mikel wey no gree greet 2baba for club that year, wey make 40yr old man run enter studio sing "only me", dey talk about Ronaldo having ego. wonderMENT

73 Likes 6 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Photos Of The Pilot And The Plane Missing With Emiliano Sala Of Cardiff City / Samuel Eto'o Marries Georgette Tra Lou In A Lavish White Wedding In Italy / Osimhen: A Motivational Journey Of Perfection, Skillfulness, And Consistency

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.