Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,338 members, 7,808,197 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:30 AM

Yoruba Marginalization: Elders Met Jonathan To Complain - SMH - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yoruba Marginalization: Elders Met Jonathan To Complain - SMH (147378 Views)

Buhari Rumoured To Have Met Jonathan’s Loyalists In Paris - PMNewsnigeria.com / 23 LG Chairmen Follow Wamakko To APC •why We Met Jonathan In Aso Rock -G5 Govern / The Night Buhari Met Jonathan Face-to-face (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (84) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yoruba Marginalization: Elders Met Jonathan To Complain - SMH by aloyemeka2: 9:14pm On Aug 27, 2011
uche nana:

i think u are sick in the brain just like your name suggest emeka

how am i an igbo hater

this one na real ode, onya ara
Oh I forgot you are Igbo, abi?
Re: Yoruba Marginalization: Elders Met Jonathan To Complain - SMH by igboboy1(m): 2:00am On Aug 28, 2011
Desola:

Abiipabe omo yaluba.

You think because your yeye gypsy people came to infiltrate my land, you will successfully influence us too? Lagos is a Yoruba man's land and not one yeye okoro cosmopolitan city wey una tink say every tin go go.

By the way, the Ijebus you speak of are one of the most enlightened and educated people in the whole of Africa and your people; lumped together, cannot hold a torch to them!

Haha i like the way OLODOwas are full of self praise. Yesterday was sophistication now it is enlightenment? ezigbo ndi ara ka unu bu

Pre election Yoruba cocaine pusher/god tinubu made mockery of Ijaws saying that Yorubas been having doctors and the likes since 1850's unlike ijaw wey start school yesterday. Well the aftermath proved to us u no need school to win election

Ofe mmanus pleas keep the sophistication, enlightenment and education to una region before una go begin dey enlighten the rest of naija with cocain, dey sophisticate us with tiger marks and teach us failure and mumu dirty habits,

Ka chineke mere unu ebere grin
Re: Yoruba Marginalization: Elders Met Jonathan To Complain - SMH by igboboy1(m): 2:03am On Aug 28, 2011
chino11:

Foolish man, why are you angry with me, why not go and face your useless yorooba leaders that keep taking bribe from the ordinary almajiris to sell you guys out to the highest bidder. Shameless tribe. Its a sin to be yaroba

how we go wan appease the gods for these sins roaming the world?
Re: Yoruba Marginalization: Elders Met Jonathan To Complain - SMH by gidson12(m): 1:09pm On Aug 30, 2011
useless elders, no be only marginalization, una go see exemption too
Re: Yoruba Marginalization: Elders Met Jonathan To Complain - SMH by dipo1: 1:10pm On Aug 30, 2011
chino11:

Foolish man, why are you angry with me, why not go and face your useless yorooba leaders that keep taking bribe from the ordinary almajiris to sell you guys out to the highest bidder. Shameless tribe. Its a sin to be yaroba

Soon, some will accuse others of been uncivilized. Making such a general statement exposes your level of intelligence and backwardness

7 Likes

Re: Yoruba Marginalization: Elders Met Jonathan To Complain - SMH by Nobody: 1:12pm On Aug 30, 2011
Let me relax on this thread for the day
Re: Yoruba Marginalization: Elders Met Jonathan To Complain - SMH by folahann(m): 1:23pm On Aug 30, 2011
Wow these are Nigerians making these comments.
This country has no future at all, it shouold be one man for himself, instead of trying to drive the country forward.
There is a news item, no comment on the topic of the news, just raining of insults on the tribe involved. SMH for Nigeria

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Marginalization: Elders Met Jonathan To Complain - SMH by Yeske2(m): 1:38pm On Aug 30, 2011
folahann:

Wow these are Nigerians making these comments.
This country has no future at all, it shouold be one man for himself, instead of trying to drive the country forward.
There is a news item, no comment on the topic of the news, just raining of insults on the tribe involved. SMH for Nigeria

Ol'boy i tire o. See vibes

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Marginalization: Elders Met Jonathan To Complain - SMH by otokx(m): 1:40pm On Aug 30, 2011
Shame on those Yoruba old men; JONATHAN really answered them well.
Re: Yoruba Marginalization: Elders Met Jonathan To Complain - SMH by bisiaet: 1:42pm On Aug 30, 2011
This is going to boiling issue in the house today. I think everybody has the right to protest constructively the Igbo are protesting till date, the Niger Deltan protested and still protesting so I dont really se anything wrong if Yoruba people too say look we are not happy about this or that please posters I dont see this as a reason for anyone to start "a finger loosen, brainlocked, misguided name callings post" on this issue is uncalled for.

I stand behind any tribe or group in this country who make their unhappiness known through dialogue rather than the way Boko Animal and the so called Northern whatever go about it so to me it does not matter what the Yoruba leader says to Jonathan, if they are not satisfy with some issues and went to GEJ to complain I sincerely supported them. I am not a Yoruba but I hate abusing people when they had done No wrong. This is my own view noone should take it personal.

2 Likes

Re: Yoruba Marginalization: Elders Met Jonathan To Complain - SMH by fuke(m): 1:58pm On Aug 30, 2011
@ Desola,

Fire on. Ma jo lo mo nwehin e.

Inu lo n run won, Yoruba haters.

Eni juni lo ti juni lo. Eni juni lo de le juni nu.

Ijo ti a ti bi omo erin loti ju omo aguntan lo.

Agunla, aguntete won.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Marginalization: Elders Met Jonathan To Complain - SMH by phreakabit(m): 2:09pm On Aug 30, 2011
LOL!!!!  Doing just what a DOG would. Going back on their knees to plead with the same one they called call Ode. Pathetic!
Re: Yoruba Marginalization: Elders Met Jonathan To Complain - SMH by Nobody: 2:16pm On Aug 30, 2011
[color=#990000][/color] all of una no get sense, Most of Your skulls are empty!! Why bring up tribal war on nairaland? Why such hatred? Most of you insulting yoruba people have one point or the other stayed in the South West before precisely LAGOS So why the beefing? Igbo's without common sense hate yorubas while those that can read between the lines embrace reality and wisdom. If igbos were asked to produce a nominee for the post of president, all igbos will come out to contest because no one will step down for each other ''it shows their greediness'' that's why it has been difficult for them to clinch a high political post in Nigeria. Learned igbos don't act the way igbos on nairaland act, So stop insulting other tribes and focus on how to get your share from the national cake by canvassing for it, We should all come out to fight for True federalism for this Country. The power at the center should be dissolved. Since 1960, has the government provided constant power? Has the government provided good road, water, health care? NO. Yet now, the Government wants to start collecting unneccesary tax from us, Have they provided social amenities? No. Those are what we should fight for, not insulting one tribe or the other, No jobs, no power, no road, Now we have Boko haram. I think moderators of nairaland should kick out people whose comments are way too childish and tribalistic because the outside world is reading and watching.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Marginalization: Elders Met Jonathan To Complain - SMH by phreakabit(m): 2:27pm On Aug 30, 2011
bennyraz:

[color=#990000][/color] all of una no get sense,  Most of Your skulls are empty!! Why bring up tribal war on nairaland? Why such hatred? Most of you insulting yoruba people have one point or the other stayed in the South West before precisely LAGOS So why the beefing? Igbo's without common sense hate yorubas while those that can read between the lines embrace reality and wisdom. If igbos were asked to produce a nominee for the post of president, all igbos will come out to contest because no one will step down for each other ''it shows their greediness'' that's why it has been difficult for them to clinch a high political post in Nigeria. Learned igbos don't act the way igbos on nairaland act,  So stop insulting other tribes and focus on how to get your share from the national cake by canvassing for it,  We should all come out to fight for True federalism for this Country. The power at the center should be dissolved. Since 1960, has the government provided constant power? Has the government provided good road, water, health care? NO. Yet now, the Government wants to start collecting unneccesary tax from us,  Have they provided social amenities? No. Those are what we should fight for, not insulting one tribe or the other,  No jobs, no power, no road,  Now we have Boko haram. I think moderators of nairaland should kick out people whose comments are way too childish and tribalistic because the outside world is reading and watching.

You are an arrant lunatic with a brain the size of a pre-pubescent testes. You come here preaching unity. Yet most of if not all your subliminal jabs are aimed at the Igbo race. It is imperative that alpha idiots like yourself know when to talk and when to shut the fnck up! Btw next time take your thumb out of your Bu.t.t b4 typing. slowpoke!
Re: Yoruba Marginalization: Elders Met Jonathan To Complain - SMH by Gbenge77(m): 2:34pm On Aug 30, 2011
The usual suspects have arrived.
Re: Yoruba Marginalization: Elders Met Jonathan To Complain - SMH by phreakabit(m): 2:36pm On Aug 30, 2011
Gbenge 77:

The usual suspects have arrived.

Indeed they have.
Re: Yoruba Marginalization: Elders Met Jonathan To Complain - SMH by kizito96(m): 2:39pm On Aug 30, 2011
Bunch of greedy people
Re: Yoruba Marginalization: Elders Met Jonathan To Complain - SMH by ak47mann(m): 2:40pm On Aug 30, 2011
bennyraz:

[color=#990000][/color] all of una no get sense,  Most of Your skulls are empty!! Why bring up tribal war on nairaland? Why such hatred? Most of you insulting yoruba people have one point or the other stayed in the South West before precisely LAGOS So why the beefing? Igbo's without common sense hate yorubas while those that can read between the lines embrace reality and wisdom. If igbos were asked to produce a nominee for the post of president, all igbos will come out to contest because no one will step down for each other ''it shows their greediness'' that's why it has been difficult for them to clinch a high political post in Nigeria. Learned igbos don't act the way igbos on nairaland act,  So stop insulting other tribes and focus on how to get your share from the national cake by canvassing for it,  We should all come out to fight for True federalism for this Country. The power at the center should be dissolved. Since 1960, has the government provided constant power? Has the government provided good road, water, health care? NO. Yet now, the Government wants to start collecting unneccesary tax from us,  Have they provided social amenities? No. Those are what we should fight for, not insulting one tribe or the other,  No jobs, no power, no road,  Now we have Boko haram. I think moderators of nairaland should kick out people whose comments are way too childish and tribalistic because the outside world is reading and watching.
so why are you people crying marginalization then? slow Bottom muderphuker cheesy so SW assassinating there politicians and selling their own brothers ABIOLA etc are going to say that they are sophisticated or they are clever in politics and not greedy? so why all these things keep happening in your region smiley
Re: Yoruba Marginalization: Elders Met Jonathan To Complain - SMH by phreakabit(m): 2:45pm On Aug 30, 2011
uche nana:

i think u are sick in the brain just like your name suggest emeka

how am i an igbo hater

this one na real ode, [size=18pt]onya ara[/size]

This gives you away, as a descendant of the oily soup tribe .
Re: Yoruba Marginalization: Elders Met Jonathan To Complain - SMH by Nobody: 2:49pm On Aug 30, 2011
@ Phreakabit. Do you think i'll waste my time to type just because of people like? Uncultured Igbo's like you don't have respect that's why they can call their fathers and mothers by name. Like they say ''charity begins at home'' so if you can come up here to insult other people that just shared an opinion, Then i believe you started it from your home,  GOODLUCK in Your verbal insult Quest,
phreakabit:

You are an arrant lunatic with a brain the size of a pre-pubescent testes. You come here preaching unity. Yet most of if not all your subliminal jabs are aimed at the Igbo race. It is imperative that alpha idiots like yourself know when to talk and when to shut the fnck up! Btw next time take your thumb out of your Bu.t.t b4 typing. slowpoke!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Marginalization: Elders Met Jonathan To Complain - SMH by WilWily: 3:06pm On Aug 30, 2011
Jonathan sef, why didn't him tell him security men to kick those Judas Iscariot Yoruba Fraudulent Yorubas Elder out.
These Yoruba Elders no dey fear, why should they near Aso rock. Silly people.
Re: Yoruba Marginalization: Elders Met Jonathan To Complain - SMH by KDULAR: 3:09pm On Aug 30, 2011
Yoruba elders ,well nice try on their part. Let them do what they deem suitable and fit for the situation but me i don't and will never believe Yorubas are marginalised.
@ chino wetin wetin, I hardly resort to abuse or debasing any human being, however, I doubt if you are a man or have any semblance in your soul to a man , as you are of no difference to a Boko haram member and the middle east terrorist.  I believed you 've been so 4cked up by a Yoruba man that your response on threads on NL  depicts a cursed human being and you are having the same hatred  for Yorubas just like adolf hitler had for Jews. The end of which is obvious. You are undeserving to be a Nigerian and we don't want people like around. You are of no good but evil and hatred and you shall reap  in good measure, pressed down, shaken together and running over.
Anyway, may whatever you worship as God heal you , your soul and spirit for you to progress . As you are going in life, woe betides you if you use anything tied to Yoruba land including stepping on the soil even if it is in your relatives House (God bless them). You stinking unrepentant ethnic bigots

2 Likes

Re: Yoruba Marginalization: Elders Met Jonathan To Complain - SMH by phreakabit(m): 3:11pm On Aug 30, 2011
bennyraz:

@ Phreakabit. Do you think i'll waste my time to type just because of people like? Uncultured Igbo's like you don't have respect that's why they can call their fathers and mothers by name. Like they say ''charity begins at home'' so if you can come up here to insult other people that just shared an opinion, Then i believe you started it from your home,  GOODLUCK in Your verbal insult Quest,

Do everyone a favor and just go away. You are so incoherent and imprecise, no one can make out your point. One minute you are preaching unity and the next you are talking about Boko haram, and later its about Igbos who call their parents by name ( I wonder if you were told that by your parents).Anyway, I can bet a million naira, the next time you post here you would be talking about aliens invading Nigeria. A typical case of unsurpassed lunacy .

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Marginalization: Elders Met Jonathan To Complain - SMH by naijaking1: 3:13pm On Aug 30, 2011
If the president is smart, and I believe he is, he will never marginalize the Yorubas or the SW.

The stability of this country was based on a tripodal arrangement between the north, east, and west at Independence. The current political instability is a result of neglecting this principle since after the civil as a way of punishing Igbos, ironically, the north grew too big, the south(west and east) grew smaller and weaker.

As Onye Igbo, I know that while Yoruba marginalization may be benefitial on the short run, on the long run, we'll loose more if Yoruba muscles are allowed to atrophy, and the Hausa muscle hypertrophies. For a start, the Igbos will loose an opportunity for a healthy and reasonable competition in academics, economy, and sporting events if the Yorubas are marginalized.

Let me also say that the majority of Yorubas, at least those in Government since after the war didn't see any thing wrong with marginalizing Igbos for their own short term gain, but we don't have to make the same mistake.

The Yoruba should be made chief judge, Speaker of the House, or attorney general, we must focus on the tripodal structure not the current lopsided state arrangements designed by the Hausa military to maxmize Hausa benefit from the federal government.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yoruba Marginalization: Elders Met Jonathan To Complain - SMH by ypad: 3:23pm On Aug 30, 2011
This goes to show how greedy some tribe can be. I think the major problem Nigeria is facing is from a particular tribe. How on earth would yoruba elders demand for the dissolve of NDDC. when we all know that the FG generate almost 90% of her income from ND. They should have suggested ways to improve the commission and to scrap/delete it.

An elder (Tinubo) in the Yoruba race sold their right for a penny of which they were partakers and now they want it back, is it possible?

When OBJ was president, were all roads in the SW not bad? how many did he re-construct?

If not for the respect I have for elders, I would have said SW elders are useless, good for nothing animal with the brain of maggot, shameless beggars who sold MKO for 25Kobo.
Re: Yoruba Marginalization: Elders Met Jonathan To Complain - SMH by Afam4eva(m): 3:27pm On Aug 30, 2011
If not that you had respect, yet you went ahead to insult them.
Re: Yoruba Marginalization: Elders Met Jonathan To Complain - SMH by ak47mann(m): 3:29pm On Aug 30, 2011
ypad:

This goes to show how greedy some tribe can be. I think the major problem Nigeria is facing is from a particular tribe. How on earth would yoruba elders demand for the dissolve of NDDC. when we all know that the FG generate almost 90% of her income from ND. They should have suggested ways to improve the commission and to scrap/delete it.

An elder (Tinubo) in the Yoruba race sold their right for a penny of which they were partakers and now they want it back, is it possible?

When OBJ was president, were all roads in the SW not bad? how many did he re-construct?

If not for the respect I have for elders, I would have said SW elders are useless, good for nothing animal with the brain of maggot, shameless beggars who sold MKO for 25Kobo.
grin grin grin
Re: Yoruba Marginalization: Elders Met Jonathan To Complain - SMH by KDULAR: 3:30pm On Aug 30, 2011
What marginalization for God's sake, is it the issue of political appointments ? the truth is we need to think deeper in this country. Are we no more agreeing that what part of the country comes from doesn't matter but competency and qualification for the job? The truth is that if there's not enough representation in the government, then it depicts the non relevance ( real or abstract)  of the group . The next thing is to regroup and re-strategize.

I will not however blame those elderly people anyway, they know and understand what they are there for .
@ ypad , you've already said it.  God help you
Re: Yoruba Marginalization: Elders Met Jonathan To Complain - SMH by HighChief4(m): 3:34pm On Aug 30, 2011
Jonathan should have requested for another SW leader to be sacrificed/sold before he could listen to them. These oily a[i]s[/i]s elders must be confused
Re: Yoruba Marginalization: Elders Met Jonathan To Complain - SMH by WilWily: 3:36pm On Aug 30, 2011
ypad:

Respect for those Fraudulent Yoruba animals in human skin Elders? just give them small money for food, they will tell you how Stupid Awolowo was.
Re: Yoruba Marginalization: Elders Met Jonathan To Complain - SMH by Nobody: 3:42pm On Aug 30, 2011
Yoruba leaders sold awolowo.yoruba leaders sold abiola.they sold speaker.they have been selling us to hausas.it is not fair.hausas are not good friends.yoruba ronu!
Re: Yoruba Marginalization: Elders Met Jonathan To Complain - SMH by gokuu(m): 3:46pm On Aug 30, 2011
Na wa o, i dont see why all these tribal fights should still be taking in this jet age. This so called marginalisation has no basis. OBJ was president for eight years, did SW turn into an eldorado? Ken nnamani was senate president for 8 yrs, how many bills were passed to check erosion in the SE? The north has been in power for 38 yrs since independence, yet the north is backward in everything except violence and killing. When will Nigerians remove all these tribal considerations? BTW, were the so-called leaders sleeping when 'emperor tinubu' sold out the position of speaker to the NW? Its really a suprise when the so called 'literates' are the one championing tribalism!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (84) (Reply)

Gen. Gowon interviewed hours after surrender of Biafra; he blames Ojukwu for war / Live Broadcast: Nnamdi Kanu's World Press Broadcast From Jerusalem / Election Results With Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.