Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,290 members, 7,807,982 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:20 AM

Topics In Development Economics - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Topics In Development Economics (4628 Views)

Which Nigerian University Offers Msc In Development Studies? / Project Topics In Food Science And Technology / Project Topics In English Language (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Topics In Development Economics by Gemc3(f): 9:40am On Aug 27, 2011
Good day all! I'm applying for masters in OAU. I chose Economics. Then I was asked to pick an field of interest. I chose Development Economics (I am open to new ideas about what to choose). Now they are asking me to choose a special topic within the field of interest. I need advice guys. Please. Ummm, What topic can I choose? I can barely remember some of the topics under development economics. I'd appreciate your help. The application ends on the 30th of August, 2011.
Re: Topics In Development Economics by chamber2(m): 11:52am On Aug 27, 2011
There are tons of researchable topics in development economics. But you can pick from any of these;

Trade liberalisation and poverty in Nigeria

Economic impact of population ageing

income inequality

monetary policy in transition economies;

international integration of developing stock markets;

regional growth disparities in Africa;

sustainability of fiscal policy in developing economies;

the link between financial liberalisation and economic growth,

the role of micro-credit institutions;

exchange rate volatility in developing economies
Re: Topics In Development Economics by chamber2(m): 11:56am On Aug 27, 2011
Human Capital Theory

Poverty Motives for Child Labor and Schooling Termination

Economics of Consumer Actions Against Child Labor
Re: Topics In Development Economics by Gemc3(f): 12:05pm On Aug 27, 2011
smiley Chamber, you are God-sent. Thank you. But please, I'd like your advise on which to choose. You seem. . .quite knowledgeable. Is development economics ok? (I don't like monetary). If it's ok, which topic do u think will benefit me in d labour market?
Re: Topics In Development Economics by chamber2(m): 12:24pm On Aug 27, 2011
If your intention is to work in a corporate establishment, then i will advise against studying development economics because it will have little or no direct application in most organisations. Unless you want to teach or work for the govt, international development agencies etc after your studies.

I would rather suggest you study something related to finance, International Economics,Industrial Organization, Financial economics etc if your intention is to work in a corporate organisation thereafter.

Which ever area you choose depends on your interest and career goals.Remember, Economics is not a subject you study while in a moving vehicle, especially at OAU. So, you need to take your time and choose a topic area you will find comfortable studying.
Re: Topics In Development Economics by Vceethebusiness(m): 12:32am On Mar 02
Please which private university can one do masters in economics or international development

(1) (Reply)

Masters Degree Admission Into Usman Danfodio University, Sokoto / Who Is The Founder Of Nairaland / 15 Federal Universities Offering Nursing In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.