Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,253 members, 7,807,863 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:58 PM

Is It Compulsory To Wear Identical Outfits For Introduction? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is It Compulsory To Wear Identical Outfits For Introduction? (27506 Views)

Is It Proper For A Wife To Wear A 'g-string'? Please Help / Traditional Marriage In The Village, Is It Compulsory? / Identical Twin Sisters Die In Car Crash After Leaving Nightclub [photos] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Compulsory To Wear Identical Outfits For Introduction? by sure4real: 9:24pm On Aug 27, 2011
Introduction Cloth!

Please house,is it compulsory to wear the same cloth with your fiance on introduction day?cos my fiance said we must use the same cloth.
Re: Is It Compulsory To Wear Identical Outfits For Introduction? by obowunmi(m): 12:06am On Aug 28, 2011
How will u not wear the same cloth ? It shows unification.
Re: Is It Compulsory To Wear Identical Outfits For Introduction? by sure4real: 12:08am On Aug 28, 2011
i thought we called it introduction?is not to introduce my core family to her and her to me?
Re: Is It Compulsory To Wear Identical Outfits For Introduction? by obowunmi(m): 12:11am On Aug 28, 2011
Exactly --- it shows unification. I don't see a big deal --- don't tell me ure already having disagreement over cloth. Oo ga!
Re: Is It Compulsory To Wear Identical Outfits For Introduction? by blank(f): 1:45pm On Aug 29, 2011
Not compulsory at all. What for? Unification ni unification ko. Do what u want to do. Don't let anyone put pressure on you.

1 Like

Re: Is It Compulsory To Wear Identical Outfits For Introduction? by Bestglo(f): 2:03pm On Aug 29, 2011
if it's just introduction,you may wear different clothes but if it's traditional wedding,u sure should wear the same thing. just my opinion
Re: Is It Compulsory To Wear Identical Outfits For Introduction? by madoba: 2:11pm On Aug 29, 2011
Did I hear INTRODUCTION and NOT TRADITIONAL MARRIAGE?.

You absolutely do not have to wear the same material for this purpose (introduction).

The same attire thing, applies at the traditional marriage proper and not at the stage of introducing the spouse to be.

Mind you anything could happen from the time of introduction till the time you finally seal the deal. So personally I wouldn't want to over do things (such as this), be publicly identified with a guy in such a manner of wearing uniform only to have the whole transaction fall apart later.

1 Like

Re: Is It Compulsory To Wear Identical Outfits For Introduction? by moremi2008(m): 2:21pm On Aug 29, 2011
In reality, most couples already have a few matching outfits at this stage (from the weddings or parties of common friends). You can just wear one of those and spare yourself the drama.
Re: Is It Compulsory To Wear Identical Outfits For Introduction? by blank(f): 2:23pm On Aug 29, 2011
Even at the traditional wedding, u don't have to wear matching clothes. If it is not ur style, no lele.
Re: Is It Compulsory To Wear Identical Outfits For Introduction? by erico2k2(m): 2:31pm On Aug 29, 2011
blank:

Even at the traditional wedding, u don't have to wear matching clothes. If it is not your style, no lele.
In my tradition you have to, even parents have to, its a way of identifying whom is who.
Re: Is It Compulsory To Wear Identical Outfits For Introduction? by Nobody: 2:32pm On Aug 29, 2011
its not compulsory to where same cloth. During the time i did my introduction, i wore shirt and trouser whilst she wore native cheesy wink smiley
Re: Is It Compulsory To Wear Identical Outfits For Introduction? by Nobody: 2:38pm On Aug 29, 2011
No, its not.
Re: Is It Compulsory To Wear Identical Outfits For Introduction? by Nobody: 2:41pm On Aug 29, 2011
I don't think one needs to wear the same thing at the introduction, that's supposed to happen during the engagement
Re: Is It Compulsory To Wear Identical Outfits For Introduction? by otokx(m): 2:51pm On Aug 29, 2011
Nigerians with their poverty stricken practices that has taken us nowhere.
Re: Is It Compulsory To Wear Identical Outfits For Introduction? by eghost247(m): 2:55pm On Aug 29, 2011
do whatever u like theres no law regarding it
Re: Is It Compulsory To Wear Identical Outfits For Introduction? by angelz(f): 3:00pm On Aug 29, 2011
No.
Its just an INTRODUCTION.
anythin can stil apen afterwards.
l wore diff attire from my hubby on our introduction day even when my dad
suggest we wear the same.
4 God's sake, its just introduction, not marriage.
Re: Is It Compulsory To Wear Identical Outfits For Introduction? by Nymphnode(m): 3:04pm On Aug 29, 2011
Wear Arsenal jersey on top a very tight skin jeans
Re: Is It Compulsory To Wear Identical Outfits For Introduction? by NRIPRIEST(m): 3:04pm On Aug 29, 2011
i will not wear the same outfit wif ma wife. do u i do me,period.no biggie.
Re: Is It Compulsory To Wear Identical Outfits For Introduction? by Koolking(m): 3:14pm On Aug 29, 2011
It is not wise to wear the same outfits on introduction day. Morally, you are not suppose to be living together and leaving from the same house to introduction event. Don't forget you are not being unified yet by both families, not after traditional marriage. Wearing the same outfits, to me looks odd
Re: Is It Compulsory To Wear Identical Outfits For Introduction? by GMcompere: 3:17pm On Aug 29, 2011
Infact is it compulsory to wear same cloth even at engagement? If yes, then on wedding day, couples must wear same clothes. Either they both put on black suits or wear same gown , sounds logical abi ? grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Is It Compulsory To Wear Identical Outfits For Introduction? by Amjustme: 3:18pm On Aug 29, 2011
I know a guy who wore d same material with his wife; he was so embarrassed cos its supposed to be AN INTRODUCTION but the attire did not reveal so, the inlaws were not happy and it almost spoilt the day.
Re: Is It Compulsory To Wear Identical Outfits For Introduction? by premechaz: 3:18pm On Aug 29, 2011
NO. Free will baby.

Nothing says couple better than the husband and wife to be wearing different outfits for introduction. smiley

What better way to introduce wahala into the family, especially if you did not inform the wife-to-be ahead of time.
Re: Is It Compulsory To Wear Identical Outfits For Introduction? by Ournaija: 3:26pm On Aug 29, 2011
erico2k2:

In my tradition you have to, even parents have to, its a way of identifying whom is who.

Which tribe is that?
Re: Is It Compulsory To Wear Identical Outfits For Introduction? by MissyB3(f): 3:33pm On Aug 29, 2011
I've never been present at an introduction where both individuals dressed differently.
Re: Is It Compulsory To Wear Identical Outfits For Introduction? by dustydee: 3:36pm On Aug 29, 2011
It's not compulsory, my wife and I wore the same color nut different types of materials even though i wanted something different.
Re: Is It Compulsory To Wear Identical Outfits For Introduction? by Nobody: 3:49pm On Aug 29, 2011
blank:

Even at the traditional wedding, u don't have to wear matching clothes. If it is not your style, no lele.

Westernized world has entered your head hasn't it? where did you get this one fromĀ  undecided

@Topic

Why do people use this line . . . "Naija and their mentality" whenever they wanna leave their tradition for something else? How can both couple not wear the same attire on their trad wedding? when did oyibo mentality start ruling our own mentality?
Re: Is It Compulsory To Wear Identical Outfits For Introduction? by kashini: 3:52pm On Aug 29, 2011
It is not a crime 4 u to wear identical outfits. Pls wear it with joy bros u hear me so!
Re: Is It Compulsory To Wear Identical Outfits For Introduction? by seedord247(m): 3:56pm On Aug 29, 2011
That's nigeria culture for you.

But for me i find it crazy sometimes.

No Ankara No semo
Re: Is It Compulsory To Wear Identical Outfits For Introduction? by pinkrex(m): 4:00pm On Aug 29, 2011
Its a cultural tin o, The baba wont give you his daughter if you dont obey the rules and wishes of his gods grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Is It Compulsory To Wear Identical Outfits For Introduction? by Demdem(m): 4:10pm On Aug 29, 2011
For intro, not compulsory. I wore a completely different material during my time but for the engagement we wore the same material.
Re: Is It Compulsory To Wear Identical Outfits For Introduction? by Vickivicki(m): 4:15pm On Aug 29, 2011
Wearing the same stuff is no big deal.

If you are shy or embarassed keep in the car or something and have a change of cloth as you got there you can remove after the ceremony. But come to think of it before you leap you 'd have looked you can't be introduced along with a total stranger,ehn ?

Such thoughts that there would be a 'Bleep up' means you are already setting up your roadmap to failure as you are just beginning a journey supposedly set for success.

Just a brother's opinion.
Re: Is It Compulsory To Wear Identical Outfits For Introduction? by Ofuks(m): 4:20pm On Aug 29, 2011
During my Introduction I wore my MAN U Jersey with skinny jeans and cool sneakers, as long as your girl is cool with you I say be yourself man!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Son Squanders N2m Raised For Father's Burial, Abandons Corpse In Mortuary / 'if My Father-in-law Buy My Wife A New Range Rover, I Will Feel Disrespected' / Help Me Welcome My New Princess to the World

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.