Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,332 members, 7,808,158 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:53 AM

Hurricane Irene - How Has It Affected You? - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Hurricane Irene - How Has It Affected You? (2963 Views)

More Photos Of Hurricane Sandy's Devastation / Fake Pictures Of Hurricane Sandy Escalating Panic, Trending On Social Med [PICS] / Images Of The Devastation By Hurricane Sandy In The U.S. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hurricane Irene - How Has It Affected You? by Nobody: 8:30am On Aug 28, 2011
As we pray for the safety of US residents, in the wake of Hurricane Irene, winds of up to 80 mph batter the East Coast. At least seven confirmed dead. Hurricane Irene is headed towards New York.

I have friends and relatives on the East Coast, and my heart goes out to them. Please, as we attend Sunday Service today, let us all remember our brothers and sisters, and the emergency services doing all they can to ensure the safety of US residents, wherever they may be.

Has Hurricane Irene affected anyone here, and if so, how?

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/millions-braced-hurricane-hits-america-113333156.html
Re: Hurricane Irene - How Has It Affected You? by JUO(m): 12:37pm On Aug 28, 2011
in no way. there are paying for their evil did
Re: Hurricane Irene - How Has It Affected You? by Nobody: 12:40pm On Aug 28, 2011
JUO:

I guess you're judge and jury, and of course have no friends or relatives out there. Sometimes it's best not to comment, if you've nothing positive to post.
Re: Hurricane Irene - How Has It Affected You? by JUO(m): 12:45pm On Aug 28, 2011
u didn't give me my share of the loot,
Re: Hurricane Irene - How Has It Affected You? by logica(m): 12:55pm On Aug 28, 2011
Siena:

I guess you're judge and jury, and of course have no friends or relatives out there. Sometimes it's best not to comment, if you've nothing positive to post.
If you remember what Pat Robertson said when Haiti was hit by a earthquake, you will get his drift.
Re: Hurricane Irene - How Has It Affected You? by eggo: 12:58pm On Aug 28, 2011
i av been keeping in touch wif my cousin and lots and lots of family members coundn't sleep the whole nite, i pray they all come out of dis,
Re: Hurricane Irene - How Has It Affected You? by Claus(m): 12:59pm On Aug 28, 2011
My flight to Boston cancelled.

Brother in NY and cousin in NJ evacuated.
Re: Hurricane Irene - How Has It Affected You? by kamikazzi(m): 1:00pm On Aug 28, 2011
Ur post is unnecessary and doesn't change anything
Re: Hurricane Irene - How Has It Affected You? by TinTin18(f): 1:05pm On Aug 28, 2011
angry angryOn holiday in NY and it rained all night. Not much wind but we're pretty much stuck indoors cause the weather can change at anytime.
Re: Hurricane Irene - How Has It Affected You? by Nobody: 1:14pm On Aug 28, 2011
Well my parcel coming to nigeria via usps express mail is trapped in NY. I've been watching tv clips and it all looks exaggerated to me, just looks like a normal down pour, really dont understand why the media machine is making this out to be one big gig
Re: Hurricane Irene - How Has It Affected You? by dayleke: 1:19pm On Aug 28, 2011
Was difficult getting to work this morning but thank the good Lord i made it.
A lot of call-outs.
The rain has subsided but it is very windy in the Baltimore area right now.
Re: Hurricane Irene - How Has It Affected You? by Goksyde: 2:25pm On Aug 28, 2011
Dude you went to work today? I hope you are a doctor, if not start looking for another job.
Re: Hurricane Irene - How Has It Affected You? by norrisman: 2:33pm On Aug 28, 2011
Goksyde:

Dude you went to work today? I hope you are a doctor, if not start looking for another job.

Definitely the most M.U.M.U comment I have ever seen on Nairaland,
Re: Hurricane Irene - How Has It Affected You? by Nobody: 2:43pm On Aug 28, 2011
indoors till further notice cry
Re: Hurricane Irene - How Has It Affected You? by 27naira(m): 3:01pm On Aug 28, 2011
its a reminder of our rapidly decaying climate
Re: Hurricane Irene - How Has It Affected You? by Mobinga: 3:39pm On Aug 28, 2011
Its the only thing I see on television. That's how it has affected me.
Re: Hurricane Irene - How Has It Affected You? by dramenda(f): 3:41pm On Aug 28, 2011
We ble
Re: Hurricane Irene - How Has It Affected You? by Roland17(m): 3:51pm On Aug 28, 2011
We just give God all the Glory, the anger of the hurricane hit its peak around 1am here as predicted with heavy wind, it was very heavy i must say (Wind), but thank God it was not more than the wind, it stopped at about 3am.

Streets, major roads were deserted, night life was dead yesterday, as everyone stayed at home. big ups to emergency personnels, the police and fire fighters who were all on ground under the rain and gust of the heavy wind, in case of emergencies.
Re: Hurricane Irene - How Has It Affected You? by Nobody: 4:15pm On Aug 28, 2011
all thanks and praises be to God as it is not as bad as we expected and everything is under control here in Philadelphia. Although I have not ventured outside to see what the streets look like but I believe nothing devastating has happened.
Glory be to GOD the lord of the universe
Re: Hurricane Irene - How Has It Affected You? by dayleke: 4:55pm On Aug 28, 2011
Goksyde:

yea man,i had to go since i was scheduled already for this weekend,but all glory to the Lord that i was able to see another day.
A lot of houses in my neighborhood are without power but we still got ours.
and dude,"No i'm not a doctor,i'm a medical technologist(lab.) but you know what?,
even if you be "yellow fever"(traffic warden) and you need to pay your bills,you gotta go to work.lol
(no pun intended for using naija yellow fever for an example,it's just to show that you have to report to work under any circumstance)
Re: Hurricane Irene - How Has It Affected You? by kritikul(f): 5:03pm On Aug 28, 2011
norrisman:

Definitely the most M.U.M.U comment I have ever seen on Nairaland,

seconded
Re: Hurricane Irene - How Has It Affected You? by dayleke: 5:16pm On Aug 28, 2011
kritikul:

seconded
Did you read my reply above?
What kind of mentality is that,that only doctors can go to work in a less than friendly weather?
The last snowstorm that swept Baltimore,i spent 2days on the job without going home after getting picked up to go to work by a good Samaritan from the job.
In those 2 days,there were housekeepers,cooks,nurses,doctors and what have you,hanging out together when not working and don't forget yours truly,med. tech. grin
Re: Hurricane Irene - How Has It Affected You? by Pafuri(m): 5:58pm On Aug 28, 2011
It is nothing about God. It is about policy-makers who run an efficient State in the name of a people who love and take pride in their nation. Or are we saying that God has deserted the people of Ibadan? I doubt it; afterall, [b]the governor of Oyo State (an Ibadan man) was in Mecca performing an act of faith.
Re: Hurricane Irene - How Has It Affected You? by DisGuy: 7:09pm On Aug 28, 2011
This thread just reminds me to call me peeps!

In situations like these Bleep work lol
Re: Hurricane Irene - How Has It Affected You? by Gbenge77(m): 7:37pm On Aug 28, 2011
JUO:

How do you mean?you cant even spell "deeds" correctly.
Re: Hurricane Irene - How Has It Affected You? by deenee: 8:14pm On Aug 28, 2011
Based in NY where there is an 'emprie state of mind' cool, and I have been in doors since Saturday. 'Irene' has been downgraded to a tropical storm though, it has destroyed some structure but not as devastating as Katrina and other natural disasters.

My peeps in Nigeria are quite worried though and Momsie (sweet mother) has to reconfirm from me over the phone, every she watches on CNN smiley
Re: Hurricane Irene - How Has It Affected You? by 5stardude: 8:22pm On Aug 28, 2011
We thank God is not as bad as Katrina. God is hearing our prayer
Re: Hurricane Irene - How Has It Affected You? by jamest3(m): 5:29pm On Aug 29, 2011
It has only heightened my fear for girls named 'Irene' grin
Re: Hurricane Irene - How Has It Affected You? by Nobody: 2:05am On Aug 30, 2011
@ IUQ
you should know that people like pat robertson do not reason like regular people in the states,he is part of the dying republican breed who believe that slavery is a myth,they are part of the almost archaic breed of republican who feel that health care for the poor is a sin and he is also part of that insane republican party who believe that global warming is a myth
which also brings me to all these republican evangelist who flock to africa and africans praise them,if you do a little bit of research into their lives you will be shocked at what they believe in
if u were here and follow the news from different sources and not just from one party's view and then u as a foreigner use the comon sense you have gained from your travels,you will notice how moronic these republicans are.
America has its sins but that does not give you the right to wish ill on even your own people who happen to stay there
Re: Hurricane Irene - How Has It Affected You? by Nobody: 2:06am On Aug 30, 2011
there was more media hype than rain to hurricane Irene.

In other news, hurricane Ireti hit Ibadan over the weekend.
Re: Hurricane Irene - How Has It Affected You? by SisiKill1: 2:12am On Aug 30, 2011
^^^^ lmfao!!!  :d :d

(1) (2) (Reply)

Indian Prophet: Donald Trump Will Be Re Elected For 4 More Yrs / Protests Erupt In Iran After Military Admits Downing Ukrainian Passenger Jet / Cote D' Ivoire: Gbagbo’s Supporters Attack Nigerian Embassy, Nigerians Flee.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.