Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,377 members, 7,808,341 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:35 AM

Super Falcons Coach Sure Of Olympic Games Despite Slim Win - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Super Falcons Coach Sure Of Olympic Games Despite Slim Win (1257 Views)

Nigerian Team Departs To Participate In Special Olympic Games / Nigeria 1 - 1 Equatorial Guinea (Olympic Games Qualifier). / Jossy Lad, Is Dead (Ex-super Falcons Coach) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Super Falcons Coach Sure Of Olympic Games Despite Slim Win by HiMag: 12:47pm On Aug 29, 2011
Eucharia Uche, coach of the Super Falcons, affirms her optimism of the team’s chances to get a London 2012 Olympic Games ticket despite the slim 2-1 win over the Lionesses of Cameroun at the National Stadium, Abuja last Saturday.

Eucharia assures that Nigerians will be seeing a different side against the Lionesses in the second leg set for October. She reiterated the commitment of the players as well.

‘We will make it to next year's Olympics. The players are all aware of the importance of playing at that tournament and so they will not disappoint,’ she said.

‘I can tell you that we are battle ready for the second leg; 2-1 was not the kind of result we wanted at home, but we will ensure that we don’t lose to Cameroun in the second leg. Cameroun has never beaten us before and they will not beat us in Yaounde because we have shown over time that we are the best on the continent.’

Read the rest of the story here, http://himagazine.tv/articles/421/Super-Falcons-Coach-Sure-Of-Olympic-Games

(1) (Reply)

I Shifted My Wedding For Champions League Final-osaze / Uefa Champions League Fantasy Football / If FIFA Gives You A Vote, Who Would You Vote As Ballon 'dor Winner

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.