Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,496 members, 7,801,292 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 01:24 PM

Traveling With Nigeria Food Stuffs - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Traveling With Nigeria Food Stuffs (66126 Views)

!!!UPDATE!!! Traveling With Expired Nigerian Passport / Do You Get Fingerprinted When Traveling With A Traveling Certificate Out Of Uk / Experience With Immigration When Traveling With Our Nigeria Passport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Traveling With Nigeria Food Stuffs by blackpanda: 2:41pm On Aug 30, 2011
dont bother stressing ur self. there are nigerian stores everywhere. Travel light and enjoy ur journey!
Re: Traveling With Nigeria Food Stuffs by tommiblack: 5:31pm On Aug 30, 2011
Brother, this world is becoming a modern place now. all you need is to check the embassy of the country you are going, by clicking to their website and stop advertising or telling us about your travelling plans. more, there is basically no known country you will go without finding something to eat. we are all Nigerian and we can survive any where and any time.

Re: Traveling With Nigeria Food Stuffs by funkiibaby(f): 10:06pm On Aug 30, 2011
I buy Yam and other stuff i need on the Internet no whahala.Went to Niger in April i didn't bring any palm oil cos i don't want my clothes painted red and fish is a big NO NO and so is beans.
I brought ugwu which was dried for me,dried hot chili pepper and lickylicky.One of my bags was opened don't know if it was in France or Manchester.I noticed the padlock on my case was gone when i claimed my bags in Manchester they had been though my bag that had the ugwu and the nonsense people didn't tie it properly.(they must have thought it was drugs or something like that)anyways am enjoying my egusi and ugwu now.
Re: Traveling With Nigeria Food Stuffs by shawonlese: 6:05am On Aug 31, 2011
As a student back in the days, my armoury was never short of armour. Yam, Plantain, Indolmie noodles, Garri, Beans, Ugwu, Crayfish, Ground pepper, Atanla(red hot chilli pepper), Okporoko, Peppersoup condiments, etc.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Traveling With Nigeria Food Stuffs by tpia5: 6:08am On Aug 31, 2011
blackpanda:

dont bother stressing your self. there are nigerian stores everywhere. Travel light and enjoy your journey!

true but sometimes the nigerian stuff is more authentic.

eg the smoked fish is better, imo.

however, i make do with what's available if there's no other option.

like yams for instance. Some of the overseas ones are almost like concrete.
Re: Traveling With Nigeria Food Stuffs by Nobody: 12:16pm On Aug 31, 2011
tpia@:

true but sometimes the nigerian stuff is more authentic.

eg the smoked fish is better, imo.

however, i make do with what's available if there's no other option.

like yams for instance. Some of the overseas ones are almost like concrete.

Sister, where u dey buy your yams?!  grin. Do you mean you need an axe to cut these concrete type yams ?
Re: Traveling With Nigeria Food Stuffs by armyofone(m): 1:14pm On Aug 31, 2011
most yam here could choke you up, i mean way too hard, some are real bad and you wouldn't know until you start peeling it. i just don't like buying yam here.
now that i know travelers could travel with yam, i look forward to buying better Tiv yam. not their kind of unsweetened and tasteless brown wood they call yam here. i sometimes think the yam here is from outer space undecided

1 Like

Re: Traveling With Nigeria Food Stuffs by tpia5: 4:46pm On Aug 31, 2011
^^i agree o. undecided
Re: Traveling With Nigeria Food Stuffs by plappville(f): 6:43am On Sep 01, 2011
I dont take things i can find here, i do carry things like dry crifish banga and perper soup spices only
Red oil dry fish yem etc are found in Paris and they are good. Its need less carring many of these food items.
Some poeple ends up loosing them in the check point. One friend that took Akpu, starch, and snails, hahaha, she was not allowed to take dem, it was all wast. Travel back with moderate food items u will ve no problem.

1 Like

Re: Traveling With Nigeria Food Stuffs by Nobody: 12:17pm On Sep 01, 2011
armyofone:

most yam here could choke you up, i mean way too hard, some are real bad and you wouldn't know until you start peeling it. i just don't like buying yam here.
now that i know travelers could travel with yam, i look forward to buying better Tiv yam. not their kind of unsweetened and tasteless brown wood they call yam here. i sometimes think the yam here is from outer space undecided

These type of horrible yams must be limited to the Americas & Pacific cos I aint seen none of the kind of loggy yam you described in Europe  grin and I have eaten yam in 4 countries in Europe. While puna can't possibly rival Tiv yam, it's still good yam, therefore I won't be carrying yam to Abzy toon anytime soon
Re: Traveling With Nigeria Food Stuffs by ajadek(m): 2:46pm On Sep 01, 2011
Can someone take gari to canada/us.or which country is advisable.
Re: Traveling With Nigeria Food Stuffs by tominiyiE: 11:54am On Dec 13, 2012
Goodday, I will b travellin from Lagos to Manchester and I want to carry some foodstuffs like garri, beans, dried fiah, maggi n grounded pepper.
Pls i want to know how(if i can) to pack them. Do i put them in my luggage?
Pls i will appreciate proper guidance.
Re: Traveling With Nigeria Food Stuffs by gunners4u: 6:33pm On Dec 13, 2012
Going to usa next yr, wat kind of food stuff can i carry & hw can i packing it.
Re: Traveling With Nigeria Food Stuffs by Nobody: 10:01am On Dec 15, 2012
gunners4u: Going to usa next yr, wat kind of food stuff can i carry & hw can i packing it.

@ gunners4u,u self no dey carry last.......u sabi say e go finish one day
Re: Traveling With Nigeria Food Stuffs by Nobody: 10:05am On Dec 15, 2012
i dont think,i will when the time comes.9ja tinz for 9ja alone,abroad tinz for abroad.........no big deal.......beta food dey there naw
Re: Traveling With Nigeria Food Stuffs by jeezybuck: 8:04am On Dec 19, 2012
premechaz: @OP

Besides not bringing any food here, please leave your breadi Agege accent, ara oko style of dressing and primitive behavior behind please. We are sick of you people. What are you coming here to do? Why cant you just stay in you goddamn country.

Too much of you guys here anyway.

And yes, like Coogar already intimated, there are African stores here, they have everything you could ever need. No need embarrassing us as a group with those smelly egusi or whatever crap you are bringing. Leave all your Senegalese, agbada, aso oke, iro and buba behind, we don't need you all to come here wearing your demeaning, dirty attire.  For god sake, this is a first rate country, you need to behave like a first rate person, not licking egusi soup with your hand, and then afterwards use the same hand to "tamba.'  And drop that your phocking accent ASAP.

And if you are coming here to sell food, please please learn the basics of food preservation. I am sick of eating Nigerian foods and having to call out from work the following day because my diarrhea which I seldom get with other ethnic foods would not let me 'gbadun' my life.

And would you please not speak your language in public, and if you absolutely have to speak your stupiddd yoruba or Ibo language, for the love of everything civil, KEEP YOUR VOICE DOWN.

You are a bastard, I broke my ribs laughing

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Traveling With Nigeria Food Stuffs by jeezybuck: 8:04am On Dec 19, 2012
premechaz:

No. Those are for animals. What is for goat, leave them for goats. What is wrong with you people? It is a phocking 19 hours flight, what do you think would happen to your ugwu leaves?

There are better leaves here if you are bent on eating goat food. Just leave your dorty ugwu leaves for the goats you are leaving behind in Africa, your parents and siblings I mean.

You are one crazy fellow, You almost killed me
Re: Traveling With Nigeria Food Stuffs by marketresearch: 4:45pm On Jan 14, 2015
for Nigerians looking for Nigerian foods in the US, you can get your ingredients here - http://www.nigerianfoods.com/
Re: Traveling With Nigeria Food Stuffs by marketresearch: 4:47pm On Jan 14, 2015
Nigerian Foods
for Nigerians looking for Nigerian foods in the US, you can get your ingredients here - http://www.nigerianfoods.com/
Re: Traveling With Nigeria Food Stuffs by ttmacoy: 1:01pm On Jan 16, 2015
Hahaha so true. You can easily get all the food there and besides the I see travelling as an opportunity to try and experience new things.

coogar:

i can never understand the reason nigerians pack these foods on their travel.
jeeez, leave em food in nigeria - there are african markets where you are going.
pack egusi, pack palm oil, pack garri. why not carry a live goat and a live cow along to complete the armoury?
Re: Traveling With Nigeria Food Stuffs by CoCoLav(f): 11:45am On Aug 30, 2015
Bump
Re: Traveling With Nigeria Food Stuffs by mikron(m): 3:06pm On Aug 30, 2015
premechaz:
@OP

Besides not bringing any food here, please leave your breadi Agege accent, ara oko style of dressing and primitive behavior behind please. We are sick of you people. What are you coming here to do? Why cant you just stay in you goddamn country.

And yes, like Coogar already intimated, there are African stores here, they have everything you could ever need. No need embarrassing us as a group with those smelly egusi or whatever crap you are bringing. Leave all your Senegalese, agbada, aso oke, iro and buba behind, we don't need you all to come here wearing your demeaning, dirty attire.  For god sake, this is a first rate country, you need to behave like a first rate person, not licking egusi soup with your hand, and then afterwards use the same hand to "tamba.'  And drop that your phocking accent ASAP.

And if you are coming here to sell food, please please learn the basics of food preservation. I am sick of eating Nigerian foods and having to call out from work the following day because my diarrhea which I seldom get with other ethnic foods would not let me 'gbadun' my life.

And would you please not speak your language in public, and if you absolutely have to speak your stupiddd yoruba or Ibo language, for the love of everything civil, KEEP YOUR VOICE DOWN.

who is this?

1 Like

Re: Traveling With Nigeria Food Stuffs by mikron(m): 3:06pm On Aug 30, 2015
premechaz:
@OP

Re: Traveling With Nigeria Food Stuffs by jannlyn: 4:02am On Mar 26, 2017
can i travel to usa with iru (locust beans) .how do i pack it so it doesnt raise eyes brown on point of entry.
Re: Traveling With Nigeria Food Stuffs by livvyBee: 3:47pm On Jul 05, 2018
Re: Traveling With Nigeria Food Stuffs by livvyBee: 1:31pm On Jul 30, 2018
Abeg ge3rrout.
You people always acting like you have all the dollar to spend.
They asked a question, answer it and leave the advice.
Let people do what they want to do.
African markets there are they cheap?
and yes if they allow live goat, we go still carry.
Forming kee you dia

coogar:

i can never understand the reason nigerians pack these foods on their travel.
jeeez, leave em food in nigeria - there are african markets where you are going.
pack egusi, pack palm oil, pack garri. why not carry a live goat and a live cow along to complete the armoury?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Traveling With Nigeria Food Stuffs by brownemmanuel43(m): 9:51pm On Nov 19, 2019
Wow! Wowwwww!! Nice thread. Pls house do they allow raw food to Australia
Re: Traveling With Nigeria Food Stuffs by chiago95(m): 9:44am On Aug 07, 2020
Nice thread. U guys cracked my ribs. Hope to be abroad soon.

Muchos Gracias
Re: Traveling With Nigeria Food Stuffs by Cousin9999: 5:29am On Aug 08, 2020
armyofone:
not their kind of unsweetened and tasteless brown wood they call yam here. undecided

lol
Re: Traveling With Nigeria Food Stuffs by Samosbiskerele: 1:09am On Jun 03, 2021
oncolor:

I'm surprised anyone can talk about buying foodstuff from African Stores when someone is coming from Nigeria with all the opportunity in the world to load up on cheap and better quality foodstuff. The African stores sell egusi  and crayfish in such little sachets and so expensive you wonder how they expect you to make a decent soup without emptying your account monthly.

I dont think you are right. So I came across this website https://www.niyis.co.uk for your African food stuffs and they are amazing. I think their prices are the lowest I have seen so far and their fresh food is actually fresh on like other sites I have used, they even contacted me to ask if I was happy with my order. I am sure when you use them all your doubts will be cleared and you will see their prices are cheap and better quality for real.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ecuador: Police Block Runway With Cars To Prevent Plane From Landing / A Visit To Oniru Beach, Victoria Island, Lagos. / There Are Only Four Passport Colors In The World, And This Is The Reason Why

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.