Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,863 members, 7,806,445 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 04:39 PM

I Need Advice On Items I Can Import To Nigeria - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / I Need Advice On Items I Can Import To Nigeria (13880 Views)

How Do I Track Items I Bought From Aliexpress Using China Post Air Mail. / 15 Hot Products You Can Import And Sell For Amazing Profits / Kinds Of Goods U Can Import And Sell Very Fast. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Need Advice On Items I Can Import To Nigeria by Arctic(m): 10:17pm On Aug 29, 2011
Iwould value advice from nairalanders.

I have found a company in the UK which sells ex-catalogue items wholesale (in pallets). This items are mostly returns with minor evidence of being used but some are grade -A (unused and brand new). Most are in working order.

They would have to be shipped in 40 foot containers as they are sold in large quantities. I would want to sell them to a wholesaler in Nigeria to avoid having to sell them individually.

Examples of some of items on sale include: microwaves, electric blenders, electric scales, food processes, deep fat fryers, shower heads, electric door chimes (currently over 500 pieces of these brand new for sale), electric mowers, steam iron, toaster, electric kettle, ceiling lights

There are also audio/TV pallets with Ipod docks, ear phones, clock radio, nintendo DS, DVD players, incar DVD players etc.

The list of items is long. Does anyone have advice on whether these would sell quickly or should I go for certain specific items only.

Thanks

Arctic.
Re: I Need Advice On Items I Can Import To Nigeria by akhil010(f): 6:48am On Aug 30, 2011
Sorry lol!
I've no idea about it.
As i've never import item to outside of my country
Re: I Need Advice On Items I Can Import To Nigeria by Greenslim: 12:07pm On Aug 30, 2011
Consider the banned items first before importing your goods.
Re: I Need Advice On Items I Can Import To Nigeria by Arctic(m): 2:35pm On Aug 30, 2011
Thanks.

Yes I had a look at the Import Prohibition List on the Nigeria customs website which was helpful:

http://www.customs.gov.ng/ProhibitionList/import.php

Arctic
Re: I Need Advice On Items I Can Import To Nigeria by naijacutee(f): 5:10pm On Aug 30, 2011
I think you are investigating Argos pallets. I've come across these before, and it is worth considering that these pallets have a large quantity of blenders, carpet washers, pressure cookers, deep fat fryers etc. Just be mindful of the fact that most of these items are electricity-dependent, and we in Nigeria are likely to have a way of getting around these tasks without using electricity, due to irregular supply. Take carpet washers and steamers for example - not very many Nigerian homes have carpets due to the climate - they are best suited for european homes which need the insulation. That automatically alienates a large percentage of the market, and this might be reflected in the market value of the products you are thinking of importing.

2 Likes

Re: I Need Advice On Items I Can Import To Nigeria by Arctic(m): 6:17pm On Aug 30, 2011
@naijacutee

Thanks for your response. Yes it is the Argos pallets I was referring to you. There are different categories and you can target the kind of goods you want.

It appears most people have looked at it and thought it wasn't worth importing them due to the fact some of the items like you mentioned will not sell in Nigeria. I have discussed with several people and that seems to be the feedback I have got.

However I did go to the marthill warehouse a few years ago and they said they had sent some goods to Nigeria on several occasions

Thanks

Arctic
Re: I Need Advice On Items I Can Import To Nigeria by Nobody: 9:04pm On Aug 30, 2011
you can import anything into nigeria even nuclear weapons as long as you can bribe the custom officials.
Re: I Need Advice On Items I Can Import To Nigeria by Akins02324(m): 11:30pm On Aug 31, 2011
why dont you consider buying used household goods like used irons,blenders and used electronics .if you can manage to bring these items in,,I can bet you there are lots of ready made buyers at alaba international market who are ready to pay you cash while you sell to them in bulk.There is one thing i really want you to know,you should think of how to sell these items in bulk and not in units because that will surely reduce your stress.At Alaba,as you are offloading from the container,buyers are selecting their choice while you receive your cash instantly.

You can call me for the shipping advise and incase of any information on 08186116315
Re: I Need Advice On Items I Can Import To Nigeria by sheldor: 9:10am On Sep 01, 2011
i think you have no channel to sell them.
Re: I Need Advice On Items I Can Import To Nigeria by importerex: 10:43am On Sep 01, 2011
Try Importing Cars
Re: I Need Advice On Items I Can Import To Nigeria by NVasion: 1:03pm On Sep 01, 2011
@Artic, it is good that you have checked the customs prohibited list, the fact remains that all your listed items are sellable here in Nigeria, of course most people will like to discourage you because they have no idea, its a good business if you can import them, infact, you can give me a call on 08098323038 if you want more information on how to get them sell,
Re: I Need Advice On Items I Can Import To Nigeria by Arctic(m): 8:25pm On Sep 01, 2011
Thanks for your comments.

I will be in touch.

Arctic
Re: I Need Advice On Items I Can Import To Nigeria by dtshotlego: 1:04am On Sep 04, 2011
hi Mr Arctic where exactly do you buy your goods and how can i also import them to my country here in Botswana cz i think i like your business idea.
Re: I Need Advice On Items I Can Import To Nigeria by pamcomps(m): 1:19am On Sep 04, 2011
call me let me share an ideal with you. I can see that you re interested in investing your money in Nigeria market +2348037050509
Re: I Need Advice On Items I Can Import To Nigeria by toyemz(f): 3:43am On Sep 04, 2011
@poster

have a look at www.gemwholesale.co.uk

you might be able to get the kind of electrical goods you seek
good luck
Re: I Need Advice On Items I Can Import To Nigeria by pamcomps(m): 7:03am On Sep 04, 2011
{ tot you really needed help didn't know yyou wanted to make sales
Re: I Need Advice On Items I Can Import To Nigeria by Arctic(m): 10:25am On Sep 04, 2011
I have a friend in Nigeria who is trying to find wholesale buyers for the items so we can get an idea of how much we would be able to sell them for in Nigeria.
Like I said the amount of items will probably fill a 20 foot container or more so I need a wholesale buyer ideally who will buy everything at once.

The draw back is that most are returns so there is a chance that some may not be in perfect working order. However some may have been returned because the purchaser changed his mind or didn't like the product. Goods can only be returned within 30 days or 1year if faulty. Most will also be in there packaging.

I have received information that people are bringing in these goods from the UK and they are selling in Nigeria.

Thanks

Arctic
Re: I Need Advice On Items I Can Import To Nigeria by tosfat: 1:25pm On Sep 04, 2011
The non-oil export business is still at its primitive stage in Nigeria with a high potential for growth. The market still needs more Nigerians to explore it, especially Agricultural commodities. But, before you can start earning in this market, there are some preparation you should make. To learn more about how to start this business, go to: www.tosfatconcepts..com.

Thank you.
Re: I Need Advice On Items I Can Import To Nigeria by icemachine(m): 12:57pm On Sep 06, 2011
In fact,Our Ice Machine is very good business in Nigeria. If you want to get more information, please contact with us freely.

Shanghai Better Industry Co.,LTD
www.chinaicemakingmachine.com

Re: I Need Advice On Items I Can Import To Nigeria by dewswealth: 8:40pm On Sep 18, 2011
why dont you consider buying right hand trucks and load it with car parts and engine, it is a good bussiness for londoners. smiley
Re: I Need Advice On Items I Can Import To Nigeria by cheely: 5:13am On Sep 19, 2011
u can import laptops 2 nigeria

1 Like

Re: I Need Advice On Items I Can Import To Nigeria by hothotlewa: 12:37pm On Sep 19, 2011
well, if you don't mind you can start importing used cars from US, cos i hav a friend who can always buy on your behalf,but if you don't like that i can give you a site which you can start buying from them, for more info mail me hothotlewa@gmail.com
Re: I Need Advice On Items I Can Import To Nigeria by vyard: 3:17pm On May 20, 2012
I lived in london for 5 years before i returned back to nigeria,if i knew then what i know now,i would be a very rich man by now however i sell electrical materials and currently fly in london every quarter to meet with supplier,if u are willing to import stuffs like Surge protector,switches,13 amp plug and aslo Blood pressure monitors(Lloyds pharmacy)we would be willing to buy off you.

call Friday
0703 5222372
Re: I Need Advice On Items I Can Import To Nigeria by Deakins: 3:55am On Mar 26, 2016
@vyard

are you still interested in these products or do you know any other item that might be hotcake for Nigerians t this moment.

Thanks
Re: I Need Advice On Items I Can Import To Nigeria by ozome15(m): 9:32am On Mar 26, 2016
[quote author=tosfat post=9075763]The non-oil export business is still at its primitive stage in Nigeria with a high potential for growth. The market still needs more Nigerians to explore it, especially Agricultural commodities. But, before you can start earning in this market, there are some preparation you should make. To learn more about how to start this business, go to: www.tosfatconcepts..com.

Thank you. Hope is not another of those una E-books u want d young man to buy from you.
Re: I Need Advice On Items I Can Import To Nigeria by zhikirullah(m): 5:28pm On May 16, 2018
Hello,

Thinking of where to experience cost effective procurement services or business development such as importation of car, fashion, electronic, cosmetics, equipment etc, relax, we have hundreds of verified merchants where you can buy online at low cost using your MasterCard, be wise, log on to www.sclogisticsng.com to get free warehouse addresses in USA, UK, China etc for your shopping. Call/Whatsapp +2348066353127.

(1) (Reply)

Pears Baby Brands Re-enter Market / YOUWIN 2013: Experiences & Tips! / How To Make Loads Of Money As A Social Media Influencer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.