Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,855 members, 7,806,419 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 04:19 PM

Which Lineage Should A Mixed Child Take? - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Which Lineage Should A Mixed Child Take? (5557 Views)

Pls Help Me With Lineage(oriki) Of INISHA Osun State / Are African Americans Qualified To Be A Mixed Race Or Are They Not Mixed Enough? / Yorubas Lets Share Our Lineage Praises Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Lineage Should A Mixed Child Take? by Nobody: 2:10pm On Dec 11, 2011
grin
Re: Which Lineage Should A Mixed Child Take? by Rocksteve: 8:25am On Dec 12, 2011
The relationship depends on the surroundings. Most mixed children typically don't work a aware resoluteness as to which inheritance they solvent to. Environs decides that for them. For information, I bonk someone whose theologiser is Ngwa and whose parent is Isu. The organism lives with the overprotect and typically is in the environs of the overprotect's associates. The someone has prefabricated no sentient resolution as to which genealogy to aline to, but in associating with others, the individual righteous happens to end up presenting his/herself as Isu. It's not that the human way to do this. They right do. Equal I (an Ngwa) don't excrete the Ngwa connectedness with said individual.

pillow
memory foam
Re: Which Lineage Should A Mixed Child Take? by anonymous6(f): 5:41pm On Dec 12, 2011
H-Star89:

"They suggested that it comes down to psychological matters. If you had a good relationship with your father as a girl, you will want a man like your father. If you didn't, you will seek a man who is the opposite of that of your father.

For biracial men, most end up with white woman possibly because their mothers are white. So they may have had a great relationship with their mom, therefore the are attracted to white women.

Then there are other cases, like if you have a love/hate relationship with your father as a female, you chose a white man to get away from your father, but secretly desire a man like your dad still.

Choices and relationships with our fathers and mothers. A girls father is very important in her life, because that is who is her first "man" in her life and how he treats her etc shapes how she will approach other man later in life. Same applies to men also."

I agree, majority of Biracial men in America, Canada, and to a extent the UK, have white mothers & black fathers and majority of them end up with white women, it's the same with biracial females many of them have Black fathers in America, and many of them end up with Black men. So you are spot on, some people in America have a hard time wrapping themselves around that.

Your last statement was correct because it is a big reason why many african american women have issues with Black men in their community, their fathers most of the time shaped that view of Black men in general. interviews with Mary J. Blige, Halle Berry, and etc by essence magazine, and etc are examples that touched base on that.
Re: Which Lineage Should A Mixed Child Take? by Nobody: 10:26pm On Jan 03, 2012
"African Americans look all Hip, and newage, but you can tell by their eyes that they are not African"
Re: Which Lineage Should A Mixed Child Take? by Nobody: 10:27pm On Jan 03, 2012
anonymous6:

I agree, majority of Biracial men in America, Canada, and to a extent the UK, have white mothers & black fathers and majority of them end up with white women, it's the same with biracial females many of them have Black fathers in America, and many of them end up with Black men. So you are spot on, some people in America have a hard time wrapping themselves around that.

Your last statement was correct because it is a big reason why many african american women have issues with Black men in their community, their fathers most of the time shaped that view of Black men in general. interviews with Mary J. Blige, Halle Berry, and etc by essence magazine, and etc are examples that touched base on that.

yep yep grin
Re: Which Lineage Should A Mixed Child Take? by Nobody: 9:16pm On Jan 07, 2012
cool
Re: Which Lineage Should A Mixed Child Take? by Nobody: 10:00pm On Jan 07, 2012
"Mixed babies genetically will have health and biological problems like ADD and Bi polar because the genes are foreign to each other.
take a culture or biology class"
Re: Which Lineage Should A Mixed Child Take? by Nadanbata: 10:49pm On Jan 07, 2012
Father becuase x chromosome changes whereas Y chromosome doesnt. Thats how you can trace your ancestor via your fathers y chromosome. The X you get from females can change with time or down the line of the family. Thats why people take thier fathers surname.
Re: Which Lineage Should A Mixed Child Take? by Nobody: 1:59am On Jan 08, 2012
Nadanbata:

father becuase x chromosome changes whereas Y chromosome doesnt. Thats how you can trace your ancestor via your fathers y chromosome. the X you get from females changes DNA.

yes!
Re: Which Lineage Should A Mixed Child Take? by tpia5: 3:57am On Jan 08, 2012
father becuase x chromosome changes whereas Y chromosome doesnt. Thats how you can trace your ancestor via your fathers y chromosome. the X you get from females changes DNA.

interesting pov.

@ thread starter

not your business.
Re: Which Lineage Should A Mixed Child Take? by PAGAN9JA(m): 8:42pm On Jan 08, 2012
H-Star89:

"[size=64pt]Mixed babies genetically will have health and biological problems like ADD and Bi polar because the genes are foreign to each other.
take a culture or biology class[/size]"

[size=32pt]HEAR! HEAR![/size]

100% consign
Re: Which Lineage Should A Mixed Child Take? by dasparrow: 10:56pm On Jan 08, 2012
Rocksteve:

The relationship depends on the surroundings. Most mixed children typically don't work a aware resoluteness as to which inheritance they solvent to. Environs decides that for them. For information, I bonk someone whose theologiser is Ngwa and whose parent is Isu. The organism lives with the overprotect and typically is in the environs of the overprotect's associates. The someone has prefabricated no sentient resolution as to which genealogy to aline to, but in associating with others, the individual righteous happens to end up presenting his/herself as Isu. It's not that the human way to do this. They right do. Equal I (an Ngwa) don't excrete the Ngwa connectedness with said individual.

pillow
memory foam

This sounds like Chinenye. The same quote was made by chinenye (Ngwa son) on the first page. undecided
Re: Which Lineage Should A Mixed Child Take? by Obiagu1(m): 11:19pm On Jan 08, 2012
A mixed child should take his dad's lineage; that's the basic. However, if brought up by his mum in his mum's culture and no one from his dad's side was there during his developmental stage, then he should probably take his mum's lineage because he has not connection with his dad's side. In the latter case, if the mum keeps telling him who he actually is, then indirectly, she is reminding him that he is not part of her culture and should rejoin his father's.

Sometimes, someone's dad may adopt a new culture and reject his original culture, then the child should go along with his dad's new culture he was brought up in.
Re: Which Lineage Should A Mixed Child Take? by StarFlux: 6:52am On Jan 09, 2012
I don't see why they can't take both.
Re: Which Lineage Should A Mixed Child Take? by emofine2(f): 9:56am On Jan 09, 2012
@StarFlux smiley

It's interesting that you say that usually mixed children pander to their western culture. I think it may depend, besides western culture is perhaps more liberal and culturally less congested. . . i.e see your Nigeria vs Norway comparison.

@chillbabe there must never be a dull moment in your life tongue cool

@H-star89 I'm curious. Do you believe that a mixed heritage only exist amongst families of a different "race"?
Re: Which Lineage Should A Mixed Child Take? by emofine2(f): 10:07am On Jan 09, 2012
I was quite impressed by some of the contributions and experiences expressed here. I have friends and acquaintances that probably fit quite a few descriptions here.

So environment has been cited as a major influence to one's identity.

I'm Nigerian but was raised in Britain. Deltan blood, Nasarawan born, London bred. And even though London is multicutlural I have never felt a belonging here even though in hindsight that was a deliberate effort on my part. For the longest time I felt no attachment or loyalty to Britain because I have never perceived myself as such despite my red passport (blood is thicker than passport abi). Perhaps if I was at least half British I might have felt qualified to be British given the environment I was living in. Yet I feel a strong attachment to Nasarawa - a place which like London is not my origins and I've spent only a short time there whereas I've been in London most of my short life here on Earth. Perhaps because it happens to be the coordinates of my birth or maybe because Nasarawa lays within the perimeters of Nigeria. But funnily enough I don't mix or pander to Nigerians and neither does my family. In fact we created our own mini Nigerian republic where my eldest sister was the President grin tongue.
It's interesting though that many of my compatriots here label and perceive me as "British" despite my protestation. Maybe they're right. Maybe I am "British" but only in thinking. You see, my perspective and ideologies has been tailored to a Western pattern yet I've been accused of being "Afrocentric" and "westernized" at the same time.
I believe however that when I do return to my ancestral home that I may even begin to reconcile with my "British" identity as my differences will only be more conspicuous in an unfamiliar environment, and maybe I might finally start supporting England's football team grin

It's ironic though because whilst I tried to deny my "British"-ness I used to pick apart this inherited "Nigerian" identity of mine because I used to think isn't it just a British creation?
Well I am a Nigerian (whatever that means) although my mentality was fashioned under Britain and some facets of the British culture (whatever that is) has undoubtedly crept into my own. However I appreciate all cultures and perhaps have plenty room within my mental cavity to adopt many more.
Re: Which Lineage Should A Mixed Child Take? by ADM1(m): 3:14pm On Jan 09, 2012
This Pagan9ja dude is a real dumba$$. Why do you have black Americans on your mind if you don't like black Americans? And do I have to correct your ignorant BS about black Americans? Do I have to point it out? Do you really think immorality and depravity doesn't exist on the African continent when the two exist everywhere? And the fact that whites sell and use drugs more? Since when did the two were specific to one group? It's sad how you get your ideas of other peopes and cultures from the media. Sad and pathetic.
Re: Which Lineage Should A Mixed Child Take? by Nobody: 11:04pm On Jan 10, 2012
emöfine:

@H-star89 I'm curious. Do you believe that a mixed heritage only exist amongst families of a different "race"?
Not always. My dad is black american & mom is part nigerian; they were brought up differently and had to adapt to each other over time. i think what made them get along better was similar education and religion.
Re: Which Lineage Should A Mixed Child Take? by PAGAN9JA(m): 12:33pm On Jan 13, 2012
A.D.M.:

This Pagan9ja dude is a real dumba$$. Why do you have black Americans on your mind if you don't like black Americans? And do I have to correct your ignorant BS about black Americans? Do I have to point it out? Do you really think immorality and depravity doesn't exist on the African continent when the two exist everywhere? And the fact that whites sell and use drugs more? Since when did the two were specific to one group? It's sad how you get your ideas of other peopes and cultures from the media. Sad and pathetic.

the[b] truth [/b] is always bitter. cool
Re: Which Lineage Should A Mixed Child Take? by ADM1(m): 5:45pm On Jan 13, 2012
No, it's not entirely true because not all Americans or black Americans are like what you think they are. I can easily say all Africans are poor and starving. Is it entirely true? No. Like I said, immorality and depravity exists all over the world including the continent of Africa and no human being is immune to it regarless of nationality or color. You're just a sad case because your ideas of others are what you see in the media. How pathetic. And if you hate them so much, why are you mentioning them?

1 Like

Re: Which Lineage Should A Mixed Child Take? by PAGAN9JA(m): 7:28pm On Jan 13, 2012
A.D.M.:

No, it's not entirely true because not all Americans or black Americans are like what you think they are. I can easily say all Africans are poor and starving. Is it entirely true? No. Like I said, immorality and depravity exists all over the world including the continent of Africa and no human being is immune to it regarless of nationality or color. You're just a sad case because your ideas of others are what you see in the media. How pathetic. And if you hate them so much, why are you mentioning them?

poverty in wealth. that is not our fault. we cant control disease, famine, hunger, post-colonial resource exhaustion, etc.

however, [size=16pt]POVERTY IN MORALITY[/size]~-- THAT you can control, but you DONT! angry angry tongue
Re: Which Lineage Should A Mixed Child Take? by ADM1(m): 6:10pm On Jan 14, 2012
You are a real i-d-i-o-t. Don't respond to this. I'm done with the back and forth.
Re: Which Lineage Should A Mixed Child Take? by PAGAN9JA(m): 8:55pm On Jan 14, 2012
A.D.M.:

You are a real i-d-i-o-t. Don't respond to this. I'm done with the back and forth.

that is because you [size=16pt]LOST[/size]. angry angry angry angry
Re: Which Lineage Should A Mixed Child Take? by itstpia8: 3:21am On Feb 19, 2015
PAGAN9JA:
both my parents are from the same tribe as decreed by the laws of nature and the Gods. its jus like breeding dogs or horses. there are pure-breeds and there are mongrels. Pure breeds are more expensive because they r original and perform well.

Why would you call humans mongrels?

That is so distasteful and doesn't show good breeding on your part.
Re: Which Lineage Should A Mixed Child Take? by PAGAN9JA(m): 8:07am On Feb 19, 2015
itstpia8:

Why would you call humans mongrels?

That is so distasteful and doesn't show good breeding on your part.

Why? R we special?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Traditional Wedding Custom Of Akuapem People From Ghana / 10 Stunning Tribal Facial Tattoos From Around The World / Online English To Igbo Translator ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.