Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,107 members, 7,807,335 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:26 PM

Why Are Muslims Preventing Inter Religious Marriage? - Islam for Muslims (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Why Are Muslims Preventing Inter Religious Marriage? (14732 Views)

Taqiyya And Kitman: Are muslims permitted to lie? / Why Are Muslims Easily Brainwashed / I Dont Think Ahmadiyya Are Muslims (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are Muslims Preventing Inter Religious Marriage? by Nobody: 11:36am On Aug 31, 2011
auwal87:

"and give not (your daughters) in marriage to disbelievers till they believe in Allah alone and verily a believing slave is better than a (free) disbeliever, even though he pleases you" [Qur'an 2:221]
sir can u define who a disbeliever is, and tell me how christians are to be regarded as disbeliever?
Re: Why Are Muslims Preventing Inter Religious Marriage? by JamesDoe: 11:38am On Aug 31, 2011
@OP

Depends on your ethnic group. As pointed out above by another poster, we Yorubas generally do not discriminate on religious grounds when it comes to marriage.
Re: Why Are Muslims Preventing Inter Religious Marriage? by Nobody: 11:42am On Aug 31, 2011
JamesDoe:

@OP

Depends on your ethnic group. As pointed out above by another poster, we Yorubas generally do not discriminate on religious grounds when it comes to marriage.
i agree with you. i have spoken with quite a num of yoruba muslims that wouldnt mind their females marrying from other religion. where are all these people kicking against it from?
Re: Why Are Muslims Preventing Inter Religious Marriage? by Teejazy(m): 11:50am On Aug 31, 2011
@toba or watever u're called, it's clear dat u're a xtian y not stick to ur fellow xtian ladies or u want them to remain single 4life.
Re: Why Are Muslims Preventing Inter Religious Marriage? by auwal87(m): 11:56am On Aug 31, 2011
toba:

sir can u define who a disbeliever is, and tell me how christians are to be regarded as disbeliever?

The first of the Five Pillars of Islam is the shahada. Shahada is the Muslim profession of faith, expressing the two simple, fundamental beliefs that make one a Muslim:

La ilaha illa Allah wa-Muhammad rasul Allah.

There is no god but God and Muhammad is the prophet of God.
Sincere recitation of this confession of faith before of two Muslims is the sole requirement for those who wish to join the Muslim community. It represents acceptance not only of Allah and his prophet, but of the entirety of Islam. As one of the Pillars, the shahada must be recited correctly aloud with full understanding and internal assent at least once in every Muslim's lifetime.

The absence of the above, automatically makes one a disbeliever in Islam.
Re: Why Are Muslims Preventing Inter Religious Marriage? by Nobody: 12:04pm On Aug 31, 2011
Teejazy:

@toba or watever u're called, it's clear dat u're a xtian y not stick to your fellow xtian ladies or u want them to remain single 4life.
lol smdh. we are trying to help ur muslim sisters from remaining single too nah
Re: Why Are Muslims Preventing Inter Religious Marriage? by Nobody: 12:08pm On Aug 31, 2011
auwal87:

The first of the Five Pillars of Islam is the shahada. Shahada is the Muslim profession of faith, expressing the two simple, fundamental beliefs that make one a Muslim:

La ilaha illa Allah wa-Muhammad rasul Allah.

There is no god but God and Muhammad is the prophet of God.
Sincere recitation of this confession of faith before of two Muslims is the sole requirement for those who wish to join the Muslim community. It represents acceptance not only of Allah and his prophet, but of the entirety of Islam. As one of the Pillars, the shahada must be recited correctly aloud with full understanding and internal assent at least once in every Muslim's lifetime.

The absence of the above, automatically makes one a disbeliever in Islam.
how does this affect xtians? didnt ur koran talk about jesus and his followers as believers in God?
Re: Why Are Muslims Preventing Inter Religious Marriage? by Nobody: 12:09pm On Aug 31, 2011
God forbid that a Christian who has the Holy Spirit of GOD  , a new creature in Christ JESUS ,  should marry a Muslim.

A cousin of mind in the UK was going out with a Muslim Asian lady and the mother was heart broken , I personally was mad . Now this is not because I hate Muslims but because I see ISLAM as totally incompatible with the life of a true follower of JESUS. One is darkness and the other is light ,  one worships Yahweh and the other worships ALLAH.

So in the same house the husband will pray in Jesus name and the wife will be saying Allah-u-Akbar , I say GOD Forbid such a thing to happen !!!!

A truly born again believer ( I am not talking about nominal church goers here ) will never even consider marrying a Muslim woman except she repents of her sins and wickedness and becomes born again.

Why will anyone want to marry a woman covered in black 24x7  

I choose freedom over bondage.
Re: Why Are Muslims Preventing Inter Religious Marriage? by auwal87(m): 12:16pm On Aug 31, 2011
toba:

how does this affect xtians? didnt your koran talk about jesus and his followers as believers in God?

No, they are simply classified as "People of the Book" or "Ahlul Kitaab". Sometimes referred to as "close allies" because Islam is much closer to Christianity and Judaism than say Buddhism.
Re: Why Are Muslims Preventing Inter Religious Marriage? by Nobody: 12:19pm On Aug 31, 2011
^^

Islam is close to Christianity , yeah right  grin grin

Did you know there are similarities between Islam and Buddhism undecided
Re: Why Are Muslims Preventing Inter Religious Marriage? by Nobody: 12:25pm On Aug 31, 2011
Christians should marry only in the lord.in islam,muslims girls are not allowed to marry 'infidels' but muslim men can marry women from other faiths.that is hypocrisy.
Re: Why Are Muslims Preventing Inter Religious Marriage? by Nobody: 12:26pm On Aug 31, 2011
auwal87:

No, they are simply classified as "People of the Book" or "Ahlul Kitaab". Sometimes referred to as "close allies" because Islam is much closer to Christianity and Judaism than say Buddhism.
if they are closer, why the discrimination and hatred for christianity?
Re: Why Are Muslims Preventing Inter Religious Marriage? by auwal87(m): 12:27pm On Aug 31, 2011
frosbel:

God forbid that a Christian who has the Holy Spirit of GOD  , a new creature in Christ JESUS ,  should marry a Muslim.

A cousin of mind in the UK was going out with a Muslim Asian lady and the mother was heart broken , I personally was mad . Now this is not because I hate Muslims but because I see ISLAM as totally incompatible with the life of a true follower of JESUS. One is darkness and the other is light ,  one worships Yahweh and the other worships ALLAH.

So in the same house the husband will pray in Jesus name and the wife will be saying Allah-u-Akbar , I say GOD Forbid such a thing to happen !!!!

A truly born again believer ( I am not talking about nominal church goers here ) will never even consider marrying a Muslim woman except she repents of her sins and wickedness and becomes born again.

Why will anyone want to marry a woman covered in black 24x7  

I choose freedom over bondage.

That is where your religion (or your belief) gets it wrong.

It is hard for Woman to change Man's faith, but in most cases very easy for a Man to change the faith of a Woman. This is natural, because Men were created before Women, whom were created out of Men's ribs (according to the Qur'an). Additionally, the issue of which religion the children will belong to, if a Muslim Man marry a non-Muslim woman, he have automatically reduced the population of non-Muslim that would have been born with that non-Muslim woman, and have increased the number of Muslims, they might be great scholars. But if the Man is non-Muslim and the Woman is Muslim, then obviously the children will be non-Muslim, and therefore, the number of non-Muslim have arise from a Muslim.

That is the logic.

God is Great!
Re: Why Are Muslims Preventing Inter Religious Marriage? by Nobody: 12:29pm On Aug 31, 2011
Laalamed:

Christians should marry only in the lord.in islam,muslims girls are not allowed to marry 'infidels' but muslim men can marry women from other faiths.that is hypocrisy.
good point. this is high level of hypocrisy. u can pick on our girls but we cant touch your ladies. the Muslims wouldn't see the illogicality in this cos of brainwashing. smdh
Re: Why Are Muslims Preventing Inter Religious Marriage? by auwal87(m): 12:30pm On Aug 31, 2011
frosbel:

^^

Islam is close to Christianity , yeah right  grin grin

Did you know there are similarities between Islam and Buddhism  undecided

If there are any similarities between Islam and Buddhism then there are many similarities between Christianity and Buddhism.
Re: Why Are Muslims Preventing Inter Religious Marriage? by Nobody: 12:31pm On Aug 31, 2011
@Laalamed

You have to understand that because ISLAM is not a spiritual religion, they can only grow their religion by two specific methods :

1. The sword - This is Jihad , to forcefully convert people to ISLAM

2. By rapid procreation , hence the issue of 4 wives.

There is another lesser method used but which is not very successful, i will say success rate 0.9%, is Jihad by deception. Telling lies to lure people to ISLAM.

Christianity on the other hand, ( and I do not mean Catholicism etc ) can only grow by a spiritual birth into the kingdom of GOD. You see God is not concerned about numbers but about the quality of holiness and righteousness of his followers and their LOVE for him.

You are not and never will be born a Christian physically , ONLY by a divinely initiated encounter with the living GOD, Yahweh, our Father, creator and lover.

Amen.

LOVE to ALL MUSLIMS.

Faithfully FROSBEL.
Re: Why Are Muslims Preventing Inter Religious Marriage? by Nobody: 12:33pm On Aug 31, 2011
auwal87:

If there are any similarities between Islam and Buddhism then there are many similarities between Christianity and Buddhism.

Don't let me start another thread on this grin grin

Anyway I promise, I won't ,out of respect for Jarus who has shown great restraint during a heated debate between LagosShia ( that Shia fanatic grin ) and myself.

LOVE,

FROSBEL.
Re: Why Are Muslims Preventing Inter Religious Marriage? by auwal87(m): 12:39pm On Aug 31, 2011
toba:

if they are closer, why the discrimination and hatred for christianity?

At present, there is more hatred towards Islam than to any other religion in the world, so also the discrimination.

Discrimination and Hatred has nothing to do with the validity of Islam, because Allah has made it clear in the Qur'an;

"O mankind! We have created you from a male and a female, and made you into nations and tribes, That you may know one another. Verily, the most honourable among you in the sight of Allah is that (believer) who has piety and righteousness." (Qur'an 49:13)

Someone being discriminate or hating is doing so on his own will, not on the Instruction of Islam.
Re: Why Are Muslims Preventing Inter Religious Marriage? by IbroSaunks(m): 12:42pm On Aug 31, 2011
frosbel:

@Laalamed

You have to understand that because ISLAM is not a spiritual religion, they can only grow their religion by two specific methods :

1. The sword - This is Jihad , to forcefully convert people to ISLAM

2. By rapid procreation , hence the issue of 4 wives.

There is another lesser method used but which is not very successful, i will say success rate 0.9%, is Jihad by deception. Telling lies to lure people to ISLAM.

Christianity on the other hand, ( and I do not mean Catholicism etc ) can only grow by a spiritual birth into the kingdom of GOD. You see God is not concerned about numbers but about the quality of holiness and righteousness of his followers and their LOVE for him.

You are not and never will be born a Christian physically , ONLY by a divinely initiated encounter with the living GOD, Yahweh, our Father, creator and lover.

Amen.

LOVE to ALL MUSLIMS.

Faithfully FROSBEL.

I believe u r a racist, who does not understand jack about islam but would babble as if he has read a book about it! i shake my head for u!
Re: Why Are Muslims Preventing Inter Religious Marriage? by Nobody: 12:46pm On Aug 31, 2011
How can I be racist when I am a raisin head black negro grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Why Are Muslims Preventing Inter Religious Marriage? by Nobody: 12:51pm On Aug 31, 2011
auwal87:

At present, there is more hatred towards Islam than to any other religion in the world, so also the discrimination.

Discrimination and Hatred has nothing to do with the validity of Islam, because Allah has made it clear in the Qur'an;

"O mankind! We have created you from a male and a female, and made you into nations and tribes, That you may know one another. Verily, the most honourable among you in the sight of Allah is that (believer) who has piety and righteousness." (Qur'an 49:13)

Someone being discriminate or hating is doing so on his own will, not on the Instruction of Islam.
if God said we should mix with each other, why will ur male take our female and our males are being prevented from taking ur females? arent u disobeying God?
Re: Why Are Muslims Preventing Inter Religious Marriage? by deols(f): 12:55pm On Aug 31, 2011
toba:

did God tell not to allow such? im not interested in what vedaxcool has got to say. do u think of even winning souls or converts into islam by preventing such unions?

well, a verse has been provided to tell u what God says of that

winning souls? i knew dat is ur point all along

Reverting into Islam should be by conviction and not on the basis of what to gain thereof. Xtian women who marry muslims, pretending to av changed end up going bak to their practice bringing wahala to the family and to their children- men are so scarce they av to lie to get married??

I know of an old man who married a young so called revert. Man died five yrs after marriage nd wv two children  she got from the inheritance, a lot of money only for her to return to her practice.
Re: Why Are Muslims Preventing Inter Religious Marriage? by Nobody: 12:56pm On Aug 31, 2011
toba:

if God said we should mix with each other, why will your male take our female and our males are being prevented from taking your females? arent u disobeying God?

I will have a private talk with you later to instill some church discipline.  grin

But let me help you here.

If a Muslim man marries a christian woman , the children are automatically Muslim.

On the contrary if a Muslim woman marries a Christian , the assumption from the mind of a Muslim is that the children are Christians.

So in order not to aid and abet the growth of what they understand to be Christianity and at the same time ( to kill 2 birds with one stone as it were ) increase the Muslim population, they must not allow the women to marry any infidel for that matter.

As simple as ABC you may say  shocked
Re: Why Are Muslims Preventing Inter Religious Marriage? by auwal87(m): 12:57pm On Aug 31, 2011
toba:

if God said we should mix with each other, why will your male take our female and our males are being prevented from taking your females? arent u disobeying God?

We are actually obeying God Almighty.

Reason: Islam is the complete religion of Almighty God, it is the absolute path of total submission to God. By allowing your Males to marry our Women then we allow Evil to prevail over Good. Because to our belief and by God's information, the other religions (Christianity and Judaism) have been corrupted from its early times. Islam on the other hand cannot be corrupted, it is protected by God Almighty.
Re: Why Are Muslims Preventing Inter Religious Marriage? by deols(f): 1:00pm On Aug 31, 2011
Somagirl:

Tribe does not come before religion in Islam tribalism/nationalism  is a grievous sin according to the Qur'aan so stop confusing culture for religion. You come across very ignorant and misinformed.  wink

very correct
Re: Why Are Muslims Preventing Inter Religious Marriage? by Nobody: 1:01pm On Aug 31, 2011
deols:

well, a verse has been provided to tell u what God says of that

winning souls? i knew dat is your point all along

Reverting into Islam should be by conviction and not on the basis of what to gain thereof. Xtian women who marry muslims, pretending to av changed end up going bak to their practice bringing wahala to the family and to their children- men are so scarce they av to lie to get married??

I know of an old man who married a young so called revert. Man died five yrs after marriage nd wv two children  she got from the inheritance, a lot of money only for her to return to her practice.

No surprise here , what will an old man want with a young girl  

I go die ooooooooooooooooooo    grin
Re: Why Are Muslims Preventing Inter Religious Marriage? by Nobody: 1:03pm On Aug 31, 2011
auwal87:

We are actually obeying God Almighty.

Reason: Islam is the complete religion of Almighty God, it is the absolute path of total submission to God. By allowing your Males to marry our Women then we allow Evil to prevail over Good. Because to our belief and by God's information, the other religions (Christianity and Judaism) have been corrupted from its early times. Islam on the other hand cannot be corrupted, it is protected by God Almighty.

I am sorry but ISLAM is a fraud and is not the complete religion of Almighty GOD.

Who are you kidding !!!!!
Re: Why Are Muslims Preventing Inter Religious Marriage? by IbroSaunks(m): 1:03pm On Aug 31, 2011
frosbel:

How can I be racist when I am a raisin head black negro       grin grin grin grin grin
ok lemme rephrase, u discriminate religiously, against muslims!
Re: Why Are Muslims Preventing Inter Religious Marriage? by Nobody: 1:06pm On Aug 31, 2011
^^^

Hmm, so why then do I have many Muslim friends who know my beliefs and do not want to kill me.

Ah I know why , because they are Yoruba ( mostly liberal ) and not Shia .

If it were to be Hausa, I am sure , my head would have been on top of a pole by now. grin

I love my Yoruba brothers and sisters grin
Re: Why Are Muslims Preventing Inter Religious Marriage? by auwal87(m): 1:09pm On Aug 31, 2011
frosbel:

I am sorry but ISLAM is a fraud and is not the complete religion of Almighty GOD.

Who are you kidding !!!!!

Even unlearned person can say this.

By the way, thank you.
Re: Why Are Muslims Preventing Inter Religious Marriage? by OLASODE2K: 1:10pm On Aug 31, 2011
Islam while allowing moslem men to marry christian women forbids those between moslem women and christian men. The reason is both tactically and strategic. Tactically in sense the if such marriage is allowed, it would lead to one in which the husband, as the head of the family, would use his tremendous powers to restrict the freedom of the woman to worship Allah freely. Its strategic importance is dat it bcomes quite risky that islam might lose that woman to another religion thereby depleting the moslem folks.
Re: Why Are Muslims Preventing Inter Religious Marriage? by IbroSaunks(m): 1:15pm On Aug 31, 2011
@toba

when a Christian man marries a Muslim lady,  if both of them are strong believers in their faith, there would undoubtedly be issues in the future as to how to raise their children. The muslim lady would want to raise them in accordance to islamic teachings, and the same applies to the man. Religion is integral to the way i see things and my perception on many life issues (cos islam is not just a religion, but also a way of life). If we can't agree on religion, there are A LOT of things we would dispute over.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Oyo State Bans Arsuna Islamic Sect / Conversation Between A Non Muslim And A Muslim Cleric / Why Didn't Allah Enjoin Muslims To Love One Another As Jesus Did ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.