Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,013 members, 7,806,948 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:39 AM

40 Year Old Single Woman: Getting Desperate - Romance (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 40 Year Old Single Woman: Getting Desperate (37944 Views)

Help! My Rooster Won't Crow. I'm Getting Desperate. / Are You Single or Single mother & Getting Desperate??? / The Dilemma Of The Single Woman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 40 Year Old Single Woman: Getting Desperate by dafeyankee: 10:07pm On Oct 18, 2011
Avanto.
Re: 40 Year Old Single Woman: Getting Desperate by pillarbase: 3:16pm On Oct 19, 2011
the point remain,stop deceiving yourself.your father forget to tell you that after achieved your set objective regarding life,you must crown it with happy home.But ,have in mind that you cant see 100% perfection in man.you can build a man to suit your taste.pls,rethink
Re: 40 Year Old Single Woman: Getting Desperate by lindabon: 4:33pm On Oct 19, 2011
u got a british passport, u have a great house, and a great career . . . and u r broadcasting this on a nigerian forum.

OP, are u into 4 1 9?  angry angry tongue

Or don't you know that *Boys are not smiling".
Re: 40 Year Old Single Woman: Getting Desperate by albridge(m): 5:11pm On Oct 19, 2011
no comment undecided
Re: 40 Year Old Single Woman: Getting Desperate by Orikinla(m): 5:40pm On Oct 19, 2011
A 40 years old female Yoruba banker eventually got married.

May I advise older singles not to be desperate, except marriage is your life insurance.

There is a husband in every single man and there is a wife in every single woman. Without being nuanced, I mean There is a man for every woman and there is a woman for every man no matter your age, except you don't want to marry. For those of you who claim to be Christian, remember that Rachel waited for 14 years to marry Jacob.

I do really feel sorry for many humans, because your lack of both foresight and insight have  made you to rush into wrong marriages by your desperation or to impress your peers.

"All my mates are married" or "My mates are getting married" is a childish and foolish reason to marry. Premature marriages are the causes of many dysfunctional families with so many liabilities.

PLEASE, DON'T LET ANY SO CALLED PASTOR OR REVEREND LIE TO YOU.
THERE IS NOTHING LIKE SPIRIT OF LATE MARRIAGE.

It is the false doctrine of opportunists using churches and false doctrines to target and lure single women and men to join their congregations.

Jacob was 47 when he married Leah and waited for another 7 years to marry Rachel when he was 54 and no pastor or prophet said Jacob was possessed or troubled by the Spirit of Late Marriage.

Three things determine or delay marriage, Physical/Social Maturity, Psychological Stability and Financial Security.

Whenever YOU ARE READY FOR MARRIAGE, YOU WILL SURELY FIND SOMEONE YOU CAN MARRY.

But if Sister Janet wants Brother John, he may not want her. And if Sister Yemisi wants Brother Nduka, TRIBALISM may interrupt it. Tribalism, Religion and Economy have delayed marriage for millions of Nigerians. This is the truth. The facts are there.
Re: 40 Year Old Single Woman: Getting Desperate by Luroi(m): 7:35pm On Oct 19, 2011
lindabon, i second u jare, i smell overcooked lie
Re: 40 Year Old Single Woman: Getting Desperate by Nobody: 3:28pm On Oct 20, 2011
Oh so sorry about that, she might be right. though it all God guidance when looking out for a wife or a husband,for those that are happily married a big congrate o, it not easy . most especially when you are in you late time in life
Re: 40 Year Old Single Woman: Getting Desperate by Deeicash: 6:56am On Jun 21, 2012
Hi,
It is a fake tread, your writting gives you away. You sound like a man in his 30s, definitely not a woman who's been surrounded by white people all her life.
But for those who happens to be in the situation you described, there is a solution.
Check out this ebook, it will change your life
http://whymarry.info/Download_now.html

Re: 40 Year Old Single Woman: Getting Desperate by Nobody: 7:59am On Jun 21, 2012
tpia@:
sounds fishy.

how can someone say they couldnt find a mate in 18 years, when you're surrounded by people.

were you in jail?
I gotta admit, you do have your moments.
Re: 40 Year Old Single Woman: Getting Desperate by Nobody: 2:02pm On Nov 21, 2012
tpia@:
sounds fishy.

how can someone say they couldnt find a mate in 18 years, when you're surrounded by people.

were you in jail?
hahahhahahahahahhahahaha. cud nt help lavin @ dat.cheesy
Re: 40 Year Old Single Woman: Getting Desperate by Nobody: 2:10pm On Nov 21, 2012
toba: Poster in my own case its kinda weird. my cousin thats
older than me with 3 yrs is still single, my elder bro 2yrs old is still
single. here since we are guys no one bloody care. again we are
enjoying the bachelors life cheesy
u pipu r guyz so shut up. weneva u'r ready u wil find u wives bt she...she's getin past child bearing age!sad
Re: 40 Year Old Single Woman: Getting Desperate by asemota2012: 2:59pm On Nov 21, 2012
This particular thread could be fake,but I have seen several cases like this,some are even more than 40.they are very many in Abuja and in the east where bride price is very high.
Re: 40 Year Old Single Woman: Getting Desperate by Nobody: 3:01pm On Nov 21, 2012
Pweety4me: @OP Plse don't mind me ok.

Seriously tho that's a pretty long time, maybe marriage might not be
meant for you, cause the reality of it is that you are OLD and in this
day and age you won't find men who are single that are around your age
who are not married, been married or had kids even kids have kids now.
undecided

So you might want to seek elsewhere, or think of alternatives.

I mean is marriage what you really want tho?
she wouldn't be lamenting like she is in this thread of herz if she doesn't desire marriage na.
Re: 40 Year Old Single Woman: Getting Desperate by tpia1: 5:34pm On Nov 21, 2012
any updates?

there are many nigerian bachelors, even on nl [still saw one who posted his photo yet again yesterday on a thread he opened], who have so far, refused to marry.
Re: 40 Year Old Single Woman: Getting Desperate by anees159: 7:06am On Mar 26, 2013
Adebisi33: I really don't know what to do. I've just turned 40 and I'm desperate to settle down and start a family of my own.

I'm attractive, I have a masters degree, my own house, and a great career but I can't find a nice man. I don't go to clubs and bars, and only meet white men at work, and I don't find them attractive at all.

My aunt suggested that I go to Nigeria to find a husband. She says there are a lot of men who would love to get a British Passport (I was born in England). I don't want to do this, because I don't think that's a good basis for starting a relationship.

A lot of friends have suggested that I'm too fussy, but my father says that a woman should marry a man who is equal or better than her.

All I am looking for is a man who is single, intelligent, honest and hardworking. I worry that these kinds of men are already married, or if they are single, they want to settle down with younger women.

In case you're wondering why I didn't get married before, I've been looking for a relationship since I was 22, but no black men that I met who met my criteria (single, intelligent, honest and hardworking) were interested in me. They all seemed to be taken.

What should I do?

Thanks
my name is anees can you contect me anees.azeem22@gmail.com
Re: 40 Year Old Single Woman: Getting Desperate by anees159: 7:07am On Mar 26, 2013
i am waiting
Re: 40 Year Old Single Woman: Getting Desperate by dederocs(m): 12:55pm On Mar 26, 2013
Adebisi33: I really don't know what to do.  I've just turned 40 and I'm desperate to settle down and start a family of my own.

I'm attractive, I have a masters degree, my own house, and a great career but I can't find a nice man.  I don't go to clubs and bars, and only meet white men at work, and I don't find them attractive at all. 

My aunt suggested that I go to Nigeria to find a husband. She says there are a lot of men who would love to get a British Passport (I was born in England).  I don't want to do this, because I don't think that's a good basis for starting a relationship.

A lot of friends have suggested that I'm too fussy, but my father says that a woman should marry a man who is equal or better than her. 

All I am looking for is a man who is single, intelligent, honest and hardworking.  I worry that these kinds of men are already married, or if they are single, they want to settle down with younger women.

In case you're wondering why I didn't get married before, I've been looking for a relationship since I was 22, but no black men that I met who met my criteria (single, intelligent, honest and hardworking) were interested in me.  They all seemed to be taken.

What should I do?

Thanks
you can still find love

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Binyavanga Wainaina Proposes To His Nigerian Gay Partner, Set To Wed - Pictures / Things That Guys Secretly Envy About Girls. / Two Nairalanders Set To Wed.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.