Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,911 members, 7,802,966 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 05:55 AM

Eight Suspected Terrorists Intercepted In Yola - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Eight Suspected Terrorists Intercepted In Yola (2937 Views)

Suicide Bombers Intercepted In Borno State, Army Releases Statement / 2 Vehicles Filled With Explosives, Arms Reportedly Intercepted In Maiduguri / Thumb Printed Ballot Papers Allegedly Intercepted In Niger State (PHOTOS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Eight Suspected Terrorists Intercepted In Yola by OAM4J: 3:30am On Aug 31, 2011
[size=13pt]Army intercepts eight suspected terrorists in Yola[/size]

BY UMAR YUSUF

Yola – A major tragedy was averted during Eld-el-Fitri celebration in Yola yesterday as the military intercepted about eight heavily armed terrorists heading towards the main Eid praying ground ostensibly to attack Muslim faithfuls observing the prayers.

The men and officers of the 23 Armoured Brigade, which intercepted the people said to be on a mission to kill said the suspects were armed with AK 47 riffles, when they ran into a patrol team at Song, a few kilometres to Yola, along the Yola-Maiduguri trunk A road.

It was learnt that one of the suspects was killed during a scuffle with military men, even as those arrested were detained at the army cantonment in Yola.

Among the worshippers at the Yola main Eid praying ground, included prominent personalities, such as  the Adamawa State Governor, Admiral Murtala Nyako, the Lamido of Adamawa, Dr Barkindo Mohammed Aliyu Mustafa, some members of  the national and state assembly members and members of state executive council.

The Army Cantonment spokesman, Lt . Y . Olukoya, confirmed the incident, saying, ‘’our soldiers intercepted some armed men with AK47 riffles and ammunition at Song heading towards Yola. One was shot while the others were arrested.’’

On Thursday, last week, about 30 armed bandits killed 17 persons including nine policemen, one soldier, and seven civilians among them, four members of staff of the United Bank for Africa, UBA, in Gombi, a few kilometers from Yola.

Also, the armed bandits raided two banks and sacked two police stations in the process.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/08/army-intercepts-eight-suspected-terrorrists-in-yola/
Re: Eight Suspected Terrorists Intercepted In Yola by mekaboy(m): 3:50am On Aug 31, 2011
What next? Will any info come out of this? This AK 47 is becoming common these days, does anyone know how much it is sold ?I hope the make something meaninful out of this, if they do, I am sure they will be greatly rewarded.
Re: Eight Suspected Terrorists Intercepted In Yola by Beaf: 4:00am On Aug 31, 2011
I think they must be Akhwat Akwop operatives.
Re: Eight Suspected Terrorists Intercepted In Yola by Abujabir24: 6:37am On Aug 31, 2011
Dis re nt members of bh. They are rather members of anoda organisation dat re planning secret nd deadly operation in d name of bh. I sent bh a message through their email i got 4rm dis site askin dem abt d attacks happening nd dey told me dey aint responsible. Dey said d last time dey attackd was b4 d holy month. Pls nigerians dnt be fooled. If truly dis men r 4rm bh den dey wuld hav gone wit explosives so dey wuld detonate if d mission is been compromised. Get real nd knw dat ur enemies re dsame politician u voted 4
Re: Eight Suspected Terrorists Intercepted In Yola by nuclearboy(m): 6:58am On Aug 31, 2011
@Abujabir24

Please what is this their email address you spoke about?

If indeed they were not responsible for the bombing(s), there are ways that can be proven thus narrowing down suspects for these acts.

Sad really, when private citizens seem to always know more and have better intelligence than the government
Re: Eight Suspected Terrorists Intercepted In Yola by popin5(m): 7:56am On Aug 31, 2011
its so fake and childish to say you've communicated with boko haram and, What are they insunuating; a declaration of enemity between the two religions? Treat this information with discretion.
If these people can kill themselves to claim the lives of others; this latest scheme is now trying an intelligent outfit.
Folks, your security is responsibility, wake up to it and watch.
Re: Eight Suspected Terrorists Intercepted In Yola by Gbenge77(m): 12:37pm On Aug 31, 2011
That is chilling.
Re: Eight Suspected Terrorists Intercepted In Yola by ifyalways(f): 12:51pm On Aug 31, 2011
1 killed,7 arrested.

Why are the eeediots still alive?Why not squeeze out information from them asap using any possible means then line them up and snuff the live outta them?

Next we'd be bored with tales of how they escaped from detention.same ol' story,day in and out. sad

Bunch of fucktards  angry
Re: Eight Suspected Terrorists Intercepted In Yola by nasoeb: 2:09pm On Aug 31, 2011
Please Members it is very wise for us to start Charity right here in N/L. Studies have shown that boko haram is only being able to coordinate their attacks and achieving expected results due to their ability in receiving first hand informations from their members who are in almost EVERY GOVERNMENT, SECURITY AGENCIES AND SOCIAL SITES AND FORUMS like N/L, without which they can NEVER be able to plan and execute this perfectly.

Please, the Police and security agencies have proven to us that they can not protect themselves least of all, others, WE OURSELVES, NEED TO MAKE THE DESIRE CHANGES WE NEED IN NIGERIA, Dont be fool, Boko haram surely have spies here in this forum. thus, it is absolutely important we start monitoring and observing ourselves and reporting every information no matter how small it is to those who can help to track down this guys, Remember, WE NEED TO MAKE THE CHANGES WE NEED

I want to bring to your knowledge a member who by all standard has been confirmed Boko haram Intel member (ABUJABIR24).

You can check on Nairaland for Blacklisted members and/or go through all his post to see how he dash in to defend boko haram and how he gives silly excuses in their defense.

Be Warn !!!
Re: Eight Suspected Terrorists Intercepted In Yola by IG: 3:21pm On Aug 31, 2011
@nasoeb, I agree with you on your suggestion that we start proffering solutions instead of throwing insults around. As for AbuJabir24, I don't think he is a Boko Haramist but I believe he has fallen victim to the original motive behind Boko Haram. Which is to set Nigerians against one another and ultimately go to war to split the country. My hypothesis is that Boko Haram has became like a brand name under which mischief is perpetrated. I think the various attacks we are seeing are committed by four groups of interest;
1- Remnants of the Yusufiyya sect that have survived the 2009 Maiduguri battle.
2- Politicians: Not a single PDP politician has so far been killed in Maiduguri.
3- Armed robbers: the bank robbers in Adamawa could not be Yusufiyya people because they were seen eating bananas in Ramadan when they are supposed to be fasting.
4- Individuals sponsored by foreign interest to destabilize the country. That is the only reason why you find Muslims executing Muslim clerics and Christians attacking churches. Many people don't know about the involvement of bad Christians because somehow they are never reported in the newspapers. For example the guy shot in Maiduguri trying to  forcefully break into the state police command is a Christian. Recently another woman was caught trying to set a Church ablaze. I posted the woman's story here on Nairaland but surprisingly nobody seems to find it interesting. Here's the link for anybody that wants to get the full story. https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-748316.0.html#msg9047608

(1) (Reply)

A Northerner Must Emerge President In 2015 Or Nigeria Will Divide. – Alhaji Law / INEC Files Appeal Case In Support Of Governor Wike / Nnamdi Kanu Has Created Two Apps To Push His Agenda

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.