Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,369 members, 7,808,292 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:56 AM

Why Do Men Add Weight After Marriage? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Do Men Add Weight After Marriage? (9554 Views)

Life Before Marriage Vs Life After Marriage (photos) / Real Reasons Women Add Weight After Wedding / Why Do Men Put On Weight After Marriage? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Men Add Weight After Marriage? by iterator: 2:54pm On Aug 31, 2011
Okay, coined this topic after going through the other topics about women getting fat after marriage.

Am not married yet, but will soon. And am scared of losing shape, i've seen a lot single fit guys get married and all of a sudden, boom they pile up pounds, most especially belly fat.

What is the cause? Is it a sign of healthy living? Or some kind of benefits of been married.
Re: Why Do Men Add Weight After Marriage? by r231(m): 3:38pm On Aug 31, 2011
cus we eat pounded yam for breakfast, lunch and dinner grin grin grin

bye bye to junk foods
Re: Why Do Men Add Weight After Marriage? by Nobody: 3:51pm On Aug 31, 2011
Amazingly the(married) men that I have notice here actually lose weight after marriage. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Weird. grin cheesy grin
Re: Why Do Men Add Weight After Marriage? by Digriz(m): 4:56pm On Aug 31, 2011
@op Nt true
Re: Why Do Men Add Weight After Marriage? by iterator: 5:34pm On Aug 31, 2011
r231:

cus we eat pounded yam for breakfast, lunch and dinner grin grin grin

bye bye to junk foods
serious, is that a joke? If true then I'll have to stay away from pounded yam for breakfast. Kind of weird though.

rokiatu:

Amazingly the(married) men that I have notice here actually lose weight after marriage. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Weird. grin cheesy grin
Digriz:

@op Nt true

tongue well i didn't generalised, so if not true then there is something wrong some where.
Re: Why Do Men Add Weight After Marriage? by dipo1: 6:36pm On Aug 31, 2011
It's totally a sign of a good wife and good living. Some women are so troublesome, the husband never adds weight cos of d stress
Re: Why Do Men Add Weight After Marriage? by Nobody: 6:38pm On Aug 31, 2011
^^^ pls dont kill me with laugh here! which kind good wife equals to pot belle, embarassed
Re: Why Do Men Add Weight After Marriage? by Fhemmmy: 6:41pm On Aug 31, 2011
Cos they are well taken cared of . . . .
Re: Why Do Men Add Weight After Marriage? by Nobody: 6:43pm On Aug 31, 2011
^^^^na lie, i think its natural or that the man begins to lazy around just because he got a wife(esp naija men),
Re: Why Do Men Add Weight After Marriage? by Fhemmmy: 6:44pm On Aug 31, 2011
Toaskarity:

^^^^na lie, i think its natural or that the man begins to lazy around just because he got a wife(esp naija men),

And if no one is taking care of the man, would he lazy around the house?
Re: Why Do Men Add Weight After Marriage? by dave2(m): 6:45pm On Aug 31, 2011
Clears throat wink wink wink wink wink
From my experience, i started eating good food ( not bread and butter) after i married.
My wife most cases forces me to eat smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley

From my few points above, what do u think would happen to my weight after 6 months cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Why Do Men Add Weight After Marriage? by kokoye(m): 6:45pm On Aug 31, 2011
Guilty as charged . . but loving it.

I'm well fed . . not fat.
Re: Why Do Men Add Weight After Marriage? by Fhemmmy: 6:46pm On Aug 31, 2011
dave2:

Clears throat wink wink wink wink wink
From my experience, i started eating good food ( not bread and butter) after i married.
My wife most cases forces me to eat smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley

From my few points above, what do u think would happen to my weight after 6 months cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

That is the whole idea, and besides, when you refuse to it, na wahala, cos the woman would think another woman is doing what she ought to be doing outside . . . .
A little meat on the bone is nice, just no pot belle
Re: Why Do Men Add Weight After Marriage? by dave2(m): 6:48pm On Aug 31, 2011
Fhemmmy:

That is the whole idea, and besides, when you refuse to it, na wahala, cos the woman would think another woman is doing what she ought to be doing outside . . . .
A little meat on the bone is nice, just no pot belle

If u don't eat is wahala and if u don't finish the food, another wahala cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Why Do Men Add Weight After Marriage? by Fhemmmy: 6:52pm On Aug 31, 2011
dave2:

If u don't eat is wahala and if u don't finish the food, another wahala cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

My brother, na so now, but in all honestly, i give it to our Nigerian sisters, they know how to take care of their men . . . . .if i ever come back to this world, Na Nigerian woman i go marry oh . . . . . .

Kudos to those that knows how to take care of the man . . . . . .
Re: Why Do Men Add Weight After Marriage? by Nobody: 6:57pm On Aug 31, 2011
Two Questions:

1) Do these married men eat when they are really [/b]hungry?

Or

2) Do they just eat their wives cooking[b] THREE times a day in order to convince her that he is not 'looking outside'
?
Re: Why Do Men Add Weight After Marriage? by dave2(m): 6:58pm On Aug 31, 2011
Fhemmmy:

My brother, na so now, but in all honestly, i give it to our Nigerian sisters, they know how to take care of their men . . . . .if i ever come back to this world, Na Nigerian woman i go marry oh  . . . . . .

Kudos to those that knows how to take care of the man . . . . . .

Gbam cheesy cheesy cheesy :DGbammmmmm
Re: Why Do Men Add Weight After Marriage? by dayokanu(m): 7:02pm On Aug 31, 2011
kokoye:

Guilty as charged . . but loving it.

I'm well fed . . not fat.

You want me to release your picture to the public?
Re: Why Do Men Add Weight After Marriage? by unipol(m): 7:04pm On Aug 31, 2011
i still wonder if eating alone causes fat? what about those slim guys that eat alot and after eating, they still remain slim? and you can only eat when you have apetite to eat. my conclusion. happiness is the answer.
Re: Why Do Men Add Weight After Marriage? by kokoye(m): 7:05pm On Aug 31, 2011
dayokanu:

You want me to release your picture to the public?

lol

Dayo, aiye le o!

se I dey lie ni?

I trust you sha
Re: Why Do Men Add Weight After Marriage? by dayokanu(m): 7:10pm On Aug 31, 2011
kokoye:

lol

Dayo, aiye le o!

se I dey lie ni?

I trust you sha

Kokoye Aiye ko le, Awa eniyan la le.
Re: Why Do Men Add Weight After Marriage? by kokoye(m): 7:11pm On Aug 31, 2011
Aiye ni DayoKanu o.

Oluwa ma fi wa l'aiye lowo o!

Aaaaamin.
Re: Why Do Men Add Weight After Marriage? by Nobody: 7:12pm On Aug 31, 2011
Fhemmmy:

And if no one is taking care of the man, would he lazy around the house?
and what are you insinuating?
when some men marry, they start to lazy(i mean:going to work, eat and sleep instead of  his normal life like home chores, sports etc) ,
Re: Why Do Men Add Weight After Marriage? by Nobody: 7:12pm On Aug 31, 2011
Lol, my husband always accuses me of taking a correct 6 pack man and turning him into a W pack, d only thing packed on him now is his tiny pot belle. Too much egusi, afang and ife nsala, lol.
Re: Why Do Men Add Weight After Marriage? by AHA1(m): 7:16pm On Aug 31, 2011
the mind is @ rest
Re: Why Do Men Add Weight After Marriage? by Fhemmmy: 7:17pm On Aug 31, 2011
Toaskarity:

and what are you insinuating?
when some men marry, they start to lazy(i mean:going to work, eat and sleep instead of  his normal life like home chores, sports etc) ,

It means once they are married they now, eat sleep and make love to the madam, and go to work, but remember most women goes to work now too . . .Lol.
Re: Why Do Men Add Weight After Marriage? by dayokanu(m): 7:18pm On Aug 31, 2011
kokoye:

Aiye ni DayoKanu o.

Oluwa ma fi wa l'aiye lowo o!

Aaaaamin.

The rotund picture of you is safe with me

I would tell how your 6 packs became 2pac
Re: Why Do Men Add Weight After Marriage? by Fhemmmy: 7:19pm On Aug 31, 2011
dayokanu:

Leave it till it becomes a One pack . . . Lol
Re: Why Do Men Add Weight After Marriage? by Nobody: 7:29pm On Aug 31, 2011
Fhemmmy:

It means once they are married they now, eat sleep and make love to the madam, and go to work, but remember most women goes to work now too . . .Lol.
i think we have something in common here that 'they now lazy around' which gives birth to things like pot belle
Re: Why Do Men Add Weight After Marriage? by kokoye(m): 7:31pm On Aug 31, 2011
dayokanu:

cheesy

The convex is now a concave.

na wah
Re: Why Do Men Add Weight After Marriage? by Fhemmmy: 7:39pm On Aug 31, 2011
Toaskarity:

i think we have something in common here that 'they now lazy around' which gives birth to things like pot belle

Yes oh . . .But a real man will work it out in Bed, but will be easier if he help the woman in the kitchen and the nice stuff could even start from there . . . .
Re: Why Do Men Add Weight After Marriage? by vislabraye(m): 7:40pm On Aug 31, 2011
Are you sure ? Men do a lot of work O. They may add weight but i notice they become weaker  grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How Govt Officials Forcibly Took Away My Three-month-old Baby – Ondo Mother / What Baby Food Will Be Good For A Baby Of Two Weeks? / Pregnant For A Yoruba Man. I Am African American. HELP!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.