Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,916 members, 7,799,094 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 03:11 PM

Was Judaism,Christianity And Islam Copied From Ancient Egyptian Mythology ? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Was Judaism,Christianity And Islam Copied From Ancient Egyptian Mythology ? (7768 Views)

What Are Some Differences Between Judaism Christianity And Islam? / God Of Judaism, Christianity And Islam...Is there any difference? / The Original Hebrews Are Black Africans From Ancient Egypt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Was Judaism,Christianity And Islam Copied From Ancient Egyptian Mythology ? by AHA1(m): 7:39pm On Aug 31, 2011
Hey People,
i have just finished reading a book titled " OSIRIS "  and noticed that the TORAH, BIBLE, and QURAN  were copied from the walls of the pyramid of ancient Egypt ( KMT )
Re: Was Judaism,Christianity And Islam Copied From Ancient Egyptian Mythology ? by merge(f): 11:39pm On Aug 31, 2011
Yes it is. You should also read the "Destruction of Black Civilization" by Chancellor Williams
Re: Was Judaism,Christianity And Islam Copied From Ancient Egyptian Mythology ? by cjk(m): 11:56pm On Aug 31, 2011
Yes! Judaism, Christianity and Islam copied from Ancient Egyptians. This is based in the mythology of the three religion, In both books it shows that primitive life and civilization starts from there. smiley
Re: Was Judaism,Christianity And Islam Copied From Ancient Egyptian Mythology ? by merge(f): 12:10am On Sep 01, 2011
cjk:

Yes! Judaism, Christianity and Islam copied from Ancient Egyptians. This is based in the mythology of the three religion, In both books it shows that primitive life and civilization starts from there. smiley

Exactly !!!
Re: Was Judaism,Christianity And Islam Copied From Ancient Egyptian Mythology ? by InesQor(m): 12:25am On Sep 01, 2011
Not new. This theory has been around since Sigmund Freud.

Akhenaten was a Pharaoh in Egypt, popularly believed to have been the first monotheist (believing that only one God exists) in record.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Akhenaten#Akhenaten_and_Judeo-Christian_monotheism
The idea of Akhenaten as the pioneer of a monotheistic religion that later became Judaism has been considered by various scholars.[53][54][55][56][57][58] One of the first to mention this was Sigmund Freud, the founder of psychoanalysis, in his book Moses and Monotheism.[59] Freud argued that Moses had been an Atenist priest forced to leave Egypt with his followers after Akhenaten's death. Freud argued that Akhenaten was striving to promote monotheism, something that the biblical Moses was able to achieve.[53] Following his book, the concept entered popular consciousness and serious research.
Historians and Theologians are undecided, but no proper scholar will tell you[i] something was copied[/i]. Also, you are responsible for whatever YOU choose to believe.

I personally believe there is only one God. And I believe he has manifested himself in times past to diverse people even outside the line of Abraham. Judaism focuses on Abraham because that is THEIR OWN story. And theirs is remarkable because they were chosen to produce Christ on earth. I believe there are other stories in antiquity, running simultaneously even outside Abraham - in other nations and peoples. Maybe Akhenaten was one such person who worshipped God, and who established monotheism (at least until he died and they went back), and he may be responsible for monotheistic records about religion that are found in Egypt today as "shadows" of Judaism, Christianity and Islam.

Furthermore I believe these things we are talking about here are minor on the scale of knowing and worshipping God, and obtaining salvation from evil ways.
Re: Was Judaism,Christianity And Islam Copied From Ancient Egyptian Mythology ? by InesQor(m): 12:41am On Sep 01, 2011
As I said on the other thread,

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-747694.0.html#msg9039307

Acts 10:34-36 (The Message)

Peter fairly exploded with his good news: "It's God's own truth, nothing could be plainer: God plays no favorites! It makes no difference who you are or where you're from—if you want God and are ready to do as he says, the door is open.

I believe the text highlighted in red above has always been true. There is one God, who knows those who know him, and some people outside the line of Abraham also knew him. Refer to Job from the East as an example; how did he know God, even at a time long before Abraham had faith in God? But there are also many shadows of falsehood, likewise worshipped; so not every instance of prehistoric theism is about the real God.

Nothing was copied from / to anywhere. This is a case of various subjects observing the same events on the eternal spiritual timeline, made privy by God to the revelations of the same truths. Various witness accounts, subjective to each witness' observation. And the clincher to the truths was Jesus Christ's self-appearance on the scene, to clear any doubts about the same things that had been believed, understood, practised for ages. He finally showed up on the scene.

Eliphaz asked: “Will you keep to the old way which wicked men have trod, who were cut down before their time, whose foundations were swept away by a flood?” (Job 22:15-16).

Job obviously lived after Noah's flood, and other inferences show that he lived before Abraham and Moses.

Meanwhile let's set Job Aside. Jethro, father of Moses' wife Zipporah, is another example of a priest who knew God. In the backside of the wilderness of Midian, Jethro knew this same true God. How? Have you ever wondered?  undecided Realize that Jethro was a MIDIAN priest, a Kenite shepherd, not an Israelite descendant of Abraham.

Midian was along the Gulf of Aqaba, modern northwestern Saudi Arabia.
Re: Was Judaism,Christianity And Islam Copied From Ancient Egyptian Mythology ? by cjk(m): 11:59am On Sep 01, 2011
Whether we referred to either books, the fact remain that both modern and primitive civilization starts from Egypt and that God is One and that He(God) has no religion. But if in doubt, can someone tell me the religion, race, tribe or color God particularly belong to?, smiley
Re: Was Judaism,Christianity And Islam Copied From Ancient Egyptian Mythology ? by InesQor(m): 12:13pm On Sep 01, 2011
@cjk: How can you be sure that anything "started" from Egypt? [/b]Some historians believe Akhenaten of Egypt absorbed in turn from the ancient Aztec worship of [b]ONE called Ometeotl. You can scour the web for more information, I can't search for academic references now.
Re: Was Judaism,Christianity And Islam Copied From Ancient Egyptian Mythology ? by AnthonyTV: 6:46am On Jan 08, 2013
They weren't copied from Egypt simply because theyre monotheistic and Akhenaten was the first monotheist, but the entire story of their beliefs, the ties of those beliefs to the earliest forms of religion, and the story of Moses having it's mysteries and studies linking him to Akhenaten personally. The Exodus story is told today entirely inaccurately from the actual exodus of people from Egypt, and those who wrote the scriptures which are the basis of the modern religions were entirely tied into Akhenatens system and the hidden religion of those initiated into the mystery religion as Akhenaten was, and overall based the scriptures on that as well as other information of which inclusion in their writings held personal benefit. Read Hidden Wisdom by Tim Wallace-Murphy and in an hour you'll get it.

(1) (Reply)

If Satan Goes To God For Forgiveness Do U Think God Wil Forgive Him? / Sickness Is Not An Act Of God / Stephen Prayed To Jesus Christ, Who Else Do We Pray To But God!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.