Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,253 members, 7,807,866 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:01 PM

Political Boko Haram - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Political Boko Haram (15380 Views)

Let's Talk About Fela's Political Lyrics. / Northern Political Leaders Ask Jonathan To Resign / Will Rotational Presidency Solve Nigeria's Political Problems? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Political Boko Haram by Beaf: 1:40am On Sep 01, 2011
[size=14pt]Suicide bombing: FG uncovers ‘political Boko Haram’ •Alleged sponsors under close watch •CIA, SSS, Mi5, MOSSAD, KGB move in [/size]
Written by Taiwo Adisa and Christian Okeke, Abuja
Thursday, 01 September 2011

INTELLIGENCE networks working on the incessant bomb blasts being perpetrated by the Boko Haram sect are said to have uncovered  what is called  “political Boko Haram,” said to be the brains behind some recent attacks by the group.

Sources in the administration told the Nigerian Tribune that signals from the Intelligence networks had consistently been pointing to the involvement of certain political forces in the Boko Haram menace.

The plot, according to a report already in possession of the administration, was to consistently put it under check and eventually derail its programmes.

The political Boko Haram was said to be the brain child of some influential persons, who were said to have recently linked up with the original Boko Haram to execute their agenda.

“There are two wings of Boko Haram. Contrary to the claim that the group got split into two camps, the two original camps are still one on the religious front. But right now, the intelligence agencies have uncovered the religious Boko Haram and the political Boko Haram,” a source said on Wednesday.

The source said the fight of the political Boko Haram was a 2015 battle, adding that it was aimed at positioning some elements in the northern part of Nigeria as veritable candidates to inherit power.

It was learnt that the said sponsors of political Boko Haram were pushing to recoup whatever they felt they had lost in the years of the late president, Alhaji Umaru Yar’Adua and President Goodluck Jonathan.

“While the religious Boko Haram operates from Maiduguri, Borno State and they believe that they will not relent until they revenge the killing of their leader, Mohammed Yusuf, the political Boko Haram has seen the sect as a strong medium to push a sectional agenda,” a source said.

It was learnt that  some top political figures were already under close watch as a result of the discovery, as the administration had also sent words to the international community about the dimensions of what is regarded as “contrived insecurity” in Nigeria.

“The government already has full intelligence on all those involved. Their identities are being unfolded every day. It is clear that they lately saw the need to lump an unclear religious agenda and another shadowy political move together,” a source stated.

It was learnt that all previous utterances and posturing of certain key politicians are being further X-rayed, in an attempt to fully analyse the dimensions of the political Boko Haram.

A source also confirmed that the international intelligence networks, including the  Central Intelligence Agency (CIA), Israel’s MOSSAD, the Mi5 in the United Kingdom (UK) and the Russian KGB were already in the full picture of the security grand plan.

UK High Commission reviews security arrangements
Following the bomb blast which ripped through the United Nations House in Abuja, security arrangements at the United Kingdom High Commissions across the country are currently being reviewed.

The review, according to findings by the Nigerian Tribune, was going to affect operations of the embassy in the country.

Confirming this to the Nigerian Tribune, the spokesperson of the commission, Hooman Nouruzi, however, said the commission would resume full range of services today after the sallah holidays.

He said commission would continue to operate a full visa service in the country, though there were likely to be some delays in the processing of applications.

“We ask that those wishing to apply for a UK visa do so at least one month ahead of planned travel dates,” he said.

http://tribune.com.ng/index.php/front-page-news/27584-suicide-bombing-fg-uncovers-political-boko-haram-alleged-sponsors-under-close-watch-cia-sss-mi5-mossad-kgb-move-in
Re: Political Boko Haram by hercules07: 2:01am On Sep 01, 2011
Tribune is too political for my liking jare, if the government knows the sponsors, it is easy to catch them, I am sure the boko haramites are spending money, squeeze them where it hurts, track their spendings, thank God that Sanusi is moving to electronic banking, that will at least help to track money being spent.
Re: Political Boko Haram by Beaf: 2:09am On Sep 01, 2011
hercules07:

Tribune is too political for my liking jare, if the government knows the sponsors, it is easy to catch them, I am sure the boko haramites are spending money, squeeze them where it hurts, track their spendings, thank God that Sanusi is moving to electronic banking, that will at least help to track money being spent.

They use underground Islamic finance methods that cannot be traced by electronics. IMHO, the only way they can be watched is through their communications; all those that made those strange apologies to boko haram need to be watched to check if they are sending coded messages in the open, through the press.
Re: Political Boko Haram by hercules07: 2:29am On Sep 01, 2011
Money always leaves a trace, our security guys will just need to work with the finance guys, there was also a project to do legal interception some years back, they need to resuscitate that program ( as long as they use it for the right purpose). The guys making apologies were just afraid for their lives as they did not have state protection again. It is obvious that Boko Haram is both political and religious, the religious side is easy to deal with (no sane person wants extremists close by), the political side is where GEJ is failing, he needs to deal with just one of the sponsors and others will get the message.
Re: Political Boko Haram by Beaf: 3:03am On Sep 01, 2011
hercules07:

Money always leaves a trace, our security guys will just need to work with the finance guys, there was also a project to do legal interception some years back, they need to resuscitate that program ( as long as they use it for the right purpose). The guys making apologies were just afraid for their lives as they did not have state protection again. It is obvious that Boko Haram is both political and religious, the religious side is easy to deal with (no sane person wants extremists close by), the political side is where GEJ is failing, he needs to deal with just one of the sponsors and others will get the message.

This is not strictly true. Lets go over how the awalla (hawalla) system works;
[list]
[li]A guy in Iran wants to send money to his cousin in Nigeria[/li]
[li]He contacts an awalla trader/businessman[/li]
[li]The awalla trader/businessman contacts a colleague in the cousins town[/li]
[li]Colleague gives cash amount to guy's cousin[/li]
[li]Businessman in Iran exports goods to colleague in Nigeria, who gets some of the goods for free as payment[/li]
[li]There is no paper work, nor physical transfer of cash from Iran[/li]
[/list]

Simple, but deadly.
How do you trace the sums sent by such methods, especially when things take a sinister turn and all parties want to leave no traces?

2 Likes

Re: Political Boko Haram by okadaman2: 3:41am On Sep 01, 2011
FG uncovers ‘political Boko Haram’ •Alleged sponsors under close watch •CIA, SSS, Mi5, MOSSAD, KGB move in + FBI

Haba! Is it world war?  shocked

This is not a good time to be an enemy of Jonathan. They better start begging him.
Re: Political Boko Haram by koruji(m): 3:47am On Sep 01, 2011
This article is a lot of hogwash. Why is the Tribune engaging in hearsay and mental gymnastics. Look at the below:

Quote: "A source also confirmed that the international intelligence networks, including the  Central Intelligence Agency (CIA), Israel’s MOSSAD, the Mi5 in the United Kingdom (UK) and the Russian KGB were already in the full picture of the security grand plan."

If that is not a load of dudu I don't know what is. Sounds like an old wife's tale. A "security grand plan" involving the CIA, MOSSAD, Mi5 and KGB - all agencies that are closed to each other and often competing in the field? It is only in the made-up world of Nigerian journalists that these agencies are working together to develop a "security grand plan" to help Nigeria.

It is either a masterplan or grand plan with Nigeria and 50 years on the country is going from bad to worse. Somebody had better sit their bottom down and start doing real work of governance.
Re: Political Boko Haram by Nobody: 3:49am On Sep 01, 2011
koruji:

This article is a lot of hogwash. Why is the Tribune engaging in hearsay and [size=18pt]mental gymnastics.[/size] Look at the below:

And I thought physical gymnastic was hard enough. . . . I beg to imagine! grin
Re: Political Boko Haram by NegroNtns(m): 5:48am On Sep 01, 2011
<quote>

The source said the fight of the political Boko Haram was a 2015 battle, adding that it was aimed at positioning some elements in the northern part of Nigeria as veritable candidates to inherit power.

</quote>

This is a lazy "uncovering"!

Lmao, so all these international intelligence grps got together only to formulate business operations and keep business interruption at minimal. Wow!
Re: Political Boko Haram by LoveKing(m): 5:32pm On Sep 01, 2011
should we believe you? this is a very ridiculous write up. imagine KGB moves in grin grin grin KGB my arzzzeeeeeeeeee
Re: Political Boko Haram by Beaf: 5:45pm On Sep 01, 2011
LoveKing:

should we believe you? this is a very ridiculous write up. imagine KGB moves in grin grin grin KGB my arzzzeeeeeeeeee

You are truly funny.
Russia has problems with Islamic extremists in Chechnia, that is why the KGB is interested.
Re: Political Boko Haram by Gbawe: 5:52pm On Sep 01, 2011
Anyone believing this silly article should look outside the window to find their Present of a New BMW Father Christmas delivered early. The keys are in the glovebox  grin grin  KGB my foot !!! This is the extent of the desperation of our clueless political class. Drop a few names and Boko Haram will be trembling with fear. Asinine article !!!! Made my day already with its sheer comedic value !!!
Re: Political Boko Haram by dayokanu(m): 5:58pm On Sep 01, 2011
When would Iya-Oshoronga move in?
Re: Political Boko Haram by Rhino5dm: 6:15pm On Sep 01, 2011
After the October bombings we were told that FBI and Isreali Mossad are here to smoke out the terrorist, armed with a grand intels about large sums of money exchanging hands via a wire transfer, which was trace to the northern "cabals".

Well, it is almost a year now and nothing was heard of the "mother of all investigation". A mere mockery to high esteem FBI & Mossad.

This line is becoming veeeerrrry old and even the dummies seems to be having problem buying the cooked up tales by moons light.
Re: Political Boko Haram by blacksta(m): 6:43pm On Sep 01, 2011
Beaf is so funny

Beaf  - a Person who criticise articles where it is states  " a source claimed  "  and yet we ARE suppose to believe him when he posts an article where " a source claims "   - Abeg i am enjoying this comedy

CIA, SSS, MOSSAD, KGB all moving in at the same time - Hope you have enough accommodation for ASO ROCK  grin  It is so unfortunate that we have an inactive president  - Hence the reason why we find confidence in useless articles . talkless of the tribune

Ol boy let the comedy continue
Re: Political Boko Haram by xterra2(m): 7:20pm On Sep 01, 2011
[size=15pt]This article is BUllshit ? KGB ? They are no more !!! after the fall of soviet union they were disbanded, the successor agency is the FSB [/size]
Re: Political Boko Haram by xterra2(m): 7:22pm On Sep 01, 2011
blacksta:

Beaf is so funny

Beaf  - a Person who criticise articles where it is states  " a source claimed  "  and yet we ARE suppose to believe him when he posts an article where " a source claims "   - Abeg i am enjoying this comedy

CIA, SSS, MOSSAD, KGB all moving in at the same time - Hope you have enough accommodation for ASO ROCK  grin  It is so unfortunate that we have an inactive president  - Hence the reason why we find confidence in useless articles . talkless of the tribune

Ol boy let the comedy continue

Beaf is just a shamelesss person
Re: Political Boko Haram by Gbawe: 7:52pm On Sep 01, 2011
xterra2:

[size=15pt]This article is BUllshit ? KGB ? They are no more !!! after the fall of soviet union they were disbanded, the successor agency is the FSB [/size]

That is why I said "KGB my foot" above. It is not for nothing I keep referring to Beaf as "olodo". The article is foolish and Beaf , empty head and all, continues to expose his crass ignorance by endorsing the ridiculous write-up written out of sheer desperation. Now that Prayer is not working on Boko Haram they turn to propaganda to scare the group. Check out 'olodo' logic below.

You are truly funny.
Russia has problems with Islamic extremists in Chechnia, that is why the KGB is interested.
Re: Political Boko Haram by harakiri(m): 8:08pm On Sep 01, 2011
When we talked about AFRICOM and CIA programs in mineral rich countries few years ago, forum members laughed at us. When we brought up the issue of Nigeria's disintegration before 2015, they labelled us "conspiracy theorists". Oh well, I guess it's time to bring out the popcorn and watch!
Re: Political Boko Haram by okadaman2: 8:15pm On Sep 01, 2011
Tribune is only good for doing sh/itt/ing and shot-put.

If they wrap my guguru and groundnut in that newspaper I'll reject it. lipsrsealed
Re: Political Boko Haram by Beaf: 8:17pm On Sep 01, 2011
Gbawe:

That is why I said "KGB my foot" above. It is not for nothing I keep referring to Beaf as "olodo". The article is foolish and Beaf , empty head and all, continues to expose his crass ignorance by endorsing the ridiculous write-up written out of sheer desperation. Now that Prayer is not working on Boko Haram they turn to propaganda to scare the group. Check out 'olodo' logic below.

Sometimes, I wonder why you strive so hard to maintain an aura of pig-like daftness. Everybody knows that the term KGB represents Russian intelligence, it might even interest you to know that the Soviet KBG continues to exist unchanged (name and all) in some of the old Soviet Union states.

This is the KBG headquarters in Minsk and a link to their website. Stop being eternally silly and attend to the topic or shut up, sir.

http://www.kgb.by/eng/

Re: Political Boko Haram by Rgp92: 8:20pm On Sep 01, 2011
harakiri:

When we talked about AFRICOM and CIA programs in mineral rich countries few years ago, forum members laughed at us. When we brought up the issue of Nigeria's disintegration before 2015, they labelled us "conspiracy theorists". Oh well, I guess it's time to bring out the popcorn and watch!

Everything not on the "news" is conspiracy theory   grin  Nigeria end is near.
Re: Political Boko Haram by 4Play(m): 8:35pm On Sep 01, 2011
Beaf:

Sometimes, I wonder why you strive so hard to maintain an aura of pig-like daftness. Everybody knows that the term KGB represents Russian intelligence, it might even interest you to know that the Soviet KBG continues to exist unchanged (name and all) in some of the old Soviet Union states.

This is the KBG headquarters in Minsk and a link to their website. Stop being eternally silly and attend to the topic or shut up, sir.

Beaf, the KGB has been disbanded since the fall of the Soviet Union. The KGB headquarters you refer to is for the intelligence agency of Belarus. Minsk is the capital of Belarus. The Tribune, however, refers to the Russian KGB which doesn't exist.
Re: Political Boko Haram by Gbawe: 8:43pm On Sep 01, 2011
Beaf:

M.o.r.o.n + 419ner rolled into one !!!! Always trying to mix it with those far above your level.
The KGB was replaced by the FSB . It is only The State Security Agency of the Republic of Belarus that retained and uses the acronym KGB (see below) . I have even done you a favour (so you will not continue to argue emptily) by showing that the link you supplied , and fraudulently try to pass off as belonging to the KGB, is the website of the State Security Agency of the Republic of Belarus i.e the only security outfit that still formally uses the acronym KGB. I can't even accuse you of "pig-like daftness". That would be insulting to Pigs ostensibly far more intelligent than you are.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/KGB

The KGB (КГБ) is the commonly used initialism for the Russian:Komitet gosudarstvennoy bezopasnosti or Committee for State Security. It was the national security agency of the Soviet Union from 1954 until 1991, and its premier internal security, intelligence, and secret police organization during that time.

The thwarted coup d'état ended the KGB on 6 November 1991. The KGB's successors are the secret police agency FSB (Federal Security Service of the Russian Federation) and the espionage agency SVR (Foreign Intelligence Service).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/State_Security_Agency_of_the_Republic_of_Belarus

The State Security Agency of the Republic of Belarus (Belarusian: Камітэт дзяржаўнай бяспекі, КДБ; translit. Kamitet Dejarzhaǔnay Bjaspeki, KDB, Russian: Комитет государственной безопасности, КГБ; translit. Komitet Gosudarstvennoii Bezopasnosti, KGB) is the national intelligence agency of Belarus. It is the only intelligence agency that kept the Russian name "KGB" after the dissolution of the Soviet Union, albeit translated into Belarusian.

KGB of the Republic of Belarus
KGB (State Security Agency) of the Republic of Belarus
Nezalezhnastsi Avenue, 17
Minsk, Belarus

Head of KGB of the Republic of Belarus Vadim Zaicev

Trust-line: tel. +375 17 2199299
Reception Office of KGB of the Republic of Belarus
Komsomolskaya str., 30
Minsk, Belarus
tel.+375 17 219 9230

Reception Rooms of KGB, its regional offices, military counter-intelligencedepartment are open 24-hours a day.
Re: Political Boko Haram by dayokanu(m): 8:46pm On Sep 01, 2011
So an agency which doesnt exist again is what Odechukwu wants to use against Boko Haram

I laff in Gurumaharaji

Maybe he would use GESTAPO or King Herods soldiers or the crusaders to arrest Boko haram now

Even he might enlist the help of Superman

Beaf is being owned on here help call Odechukwu to come save his loyal servant
Re: Political Boko Haram by Nobody: 8:53pm On Sep 01, 2011
y'all dey kill me with laff cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

i think mata hari is also going to infiltrate boko haram cheesy
Re: Political Boko Haram by Beaf: 9:06pm On Sep 01, 2011
Gbawe:

M.o.r.o.n + 419ner rolled into one !!!! Always trying to mix it with those far above your level.
The KGB was replaced by the FSB . It is only The State Security Agency of the Republic of Belarus that retained and uses the acronym KGB (see below) . I have even done you a favour (so you will not continue to argue emptily) by showing that the link you supplied , and fraudulently try to pass off as belonging to the KGB, is the website of the State Security Agency of the Republic of Belarus i.e the only security outfit that still formally uses the acronym KGB. I can't even accuse you of "pig-like daftness". That would be insulting to Pigs ostensibly far more intelligent than you are.

Lol! See how Gbawe de vex! grin
Of course, I mentioned that the building was in Minsk, so what new thing have you said. Gaddem! It must be a strange World for you dafties sha!

Abi, is it because I observed you were "striving sooooooooooooooooo hard to maintain an aura of pig-like daftness?"

Laf wan mek me spit my garri out!
Unu go broke small pikin bone o!

www.nairaland.com/attachments/180447_ROTFLMAO_gif3d0c775232c7f27cf80592785b9635b6
Re: Political Boko Haram by dayokanu(m): 9:11pm On Sep 01, 2011
They are coming for you Boko Haram. Never mind that they dont exist anymore

Even Ghenghis Khan and Uthman Dan Fodio warriors are not left out

Yes and SUPERMAN

www.nairaland.com/attachments/180447_ROTFLMAO_gif3d0c775232c7f27cf80592785b9635b6
Re: Political Boko Haram by Nobody: 9:19pm On Sep 01, 2011

get those boko haram nigguhs grin
Re: Political Boko Haram by Nobody: 9:20pm On Sep 01, 2011

the OSS is coming to get you !!
Re: Political Boko Haram by Nobody: 9:22pm On Sep 01, 2011
you twats are gon get shaken and stirred

Re: Political Boko Haram by muyoto: 9:34pm On Sep 01, 2011
This should make the comedy thread of the year!! grin grin grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What do you love about Nigerians? / Asari Dokubo Sued Over War Threat / 2015: Court Fixes December 1, For Jonathan’s Eligibility Case

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.