Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,317 members, 7,808,069 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:35 AM

I Will Not Surrender - Gaddafi - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / I Will Not Surrender - Gaddafi (6923 Views)

Burundi Coup Leaders Surrender.. / Muammar Gaddafi Is Alive / Gaddafi's youngest son and 3 grandchildren killed in NATO air strike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Will Not Surrender - Gaddafi by OAM4J: 8:33pm On Sep 01, 2011
[size=13pt]I ‘ll not surrender, Gaddafi insists[/size]

TRIPOLI  (AFP) – Fugitive Libyan leader Muammer Gaddafi vowed again Thursday not to surrender, in a message broadcast on the 42nd anniversary of the coup which brought him to power.

In the message put out by the pro-Gaddafi Syria-based Arabic-language Arrai Oruba satellite television, the fallen strongman said he was prepared for “a long battle” even if Libya burns.

He urged his supporters to keep up their resistance to the insurgency that has conquered most of the country and forced him into hiding, as a major conference opened in Paris on aiding the rebel National Transitional Council (NTC) to set up a new administration.

“Even if you cannot hear my voice, continue the resistance,” Gaddafi said.

“We will not surrender. We are not women and we are going to keep on fighting.”

“If they want a long battle, let it be long. If Libya burns, who can govern it? So let it burn,” he added in the message sent from an unknown location.

Gaddafi claimed there were splits between NATO, “the alliance of aggression” whose warplanes have paved the way for the insurgents’ advance, and the rebels, “its agents.”

His message followed similar defiant words from his son Seif al-Islam on Wednesday night, who said he, his father and “the whole family” were still in Tripoli, which fell to the rebels on August 20 after days of fierce fighting.

But rebel sources said unconfirmed reports put the Gaddafis in the loyalist-held town of Bani Walid, southeast of the capital.

“We have reports that Muammer Gaddafi has been in Bani Walid for the past two days, but these reports are not totally confirmed,” NTC vice chairman Abdel Hafiz Ghoga told AFP.

He said clashes were still going on between rebel and pro-Gaddafi forces near the town.

“The revolutionary fighters are making progress and we are hoping for an end to the conflict soon,” he said.

A rebel commander, Abdel Raziq, said in Tarhuna, between Tripoli and Bani Walid he believed Seif al-Islam and another son, Mutassim, were in the latter town.

“About 80 percent of the people in Bani Walid are with the rebels and only 20 percent are with Gaddafi,” he said. “We expect them to surrender, but if they don’t we will attack from three fronts,” he added without giving other details.

Gaddafi, however, boasted that his last bastions were impregnable.

“Who can overcome Bani Walid, Sirte or Tarhuna? These towns are home to armed tribes and nobody can govern Libya without their consent,” he said in his fourth audio message since rebels entered Tripoli on August 20, seemingly unaware that insurgents were already in Tarhuna.

“At the end of the day, we will win the battle, the colonisers will go back to their countries and the agents will be finished with,” Gaddafi said.

The insurgents had earlier said they believed Kadhafi was hiding in his coastal hometown of Sirte, but another rebel commander said on Thursday they no longer thought that.

Seif al-Islam also vowed that the loyalists would fight to the death, in a separate audio message broadcast by Arrai.

But at the same time another son, Saadi Gaddafi, told the Al-Arabiya television channel he was ready to give himself up “If my surrender stops the spilling of blood.”

Algeria allowed one of Gaddafi’s wives, two of his sons and some of his grandchildren to cross the border on Saturday and seek sanctuary, angering the NTC.

But Algeria’s Foreign Minister Mourad Medelci said on Thursday there was no question of granting Gaddafi himself asylum.

Officials in the rebel base of Benghazi said on Thursday a deadline for forces loyal to Kadhafi to surrender had been extended by a week to September 10, but others in Tripoli denied it.

However Jalal al-Digheily, defence minister in the NTC, said at Nofilia, some 100 kilometres (60 miles) east of Sirte, “There will be no attack on Sirte just now. We continue to negotiate to enter the city peacefully.”

Rebel forces west of the town told AFP said they had been ordered to pull back from Abu Grain, 80 kilometres from Sirte, to Al-Sadaada, 160 kilometres away.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/09/i-ll-not-surrender-gaddafi-insists/
Re: I Will Not Surrender - Gaddafi by bouzymill2: 8:45pm On Sep 01, 2011
I only wish to see "post Gaddafhi" Libya , , , am interested in seeing how the transition happens. that's where the whole mess will be unwrapped.
Re: I Will Not Surrender - Gaddafi by seedord247(m): 8:47pm On Sep 01, 2011
who CARE'S?
Re: I Will Not Surrender - Gaddafi by Yinkay: 8:51pm On Sep 01, 2011
He should come out and lead is supporters instead of hiding and making noise from unknown place and expect someone else to fight so him and his family can continue their opulent life. shocked
Re: I Will Not Surrender - Gaddafi by mobf: 8:55pm On Sep 01, 2011
Then you will die angry
Re: I Will Not Surrender - Gaddafi by okadaman2: 9:05pm On Sep 01, 2011
If you like die.

As long as you and your people stop killing Nigerians--> https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-749081.0.html
Re: I Will Not Surrender - Gaddafi by OnyeOzi1: 9:07pm On Sep 01, 2011
This man has really destroyed the Libyians yet he is not willing to surrender including his son, incredible act.
Re: I Will Not Surrender - Gaddafi by ariyebaba(m): 9:08pm On Sep 01, 2011
MAD MAN + MAD PIKINS[i][/i][s][/s][color=#990000][/color] grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: I Will Not Surrender - Gaddafi by blacksta(m): 9:23pm On Sep 01, 2011
Then death awaits you. Simple as abc
Re: I Will Not Surrender - Gaddafi by Nobody: 9:31pm On Sep 01, 2011
The "Mad Dog Brother Leader" is devastated, disappointed, disappearing, desperate and deluded!!! grin grin grin grin grin
Re: I Will Not Surrender - Gaddafi by ufot(m): 9:35pm On Sep 01, 2011
This fool is bent on taking innocent souls with him. God/Allah forgive him,
Re: I Will Not Surrender - Gaddafi by amblors(m): 9:37pm On Sep 01, 2011
[size=40pt]IRON MAN[/size]
Re: I Will Not Surrender - Gaddafi by chamber2(m): 9:42pm On Sep 01, 2011
Whenever the names of Gaddaffi and co are mentioned i feel like joining the rebels
Re: I Will Not Surrender - Gaddafi by valicious1(m): 9:46pm On Sep 01, 2011
you can neva catch me aliiiiive!!!!! angry
Re: I Will Not Surrender - Gaddafi by chuksme(m): 9:51pm On Sep 01, 2011
Gaddafi should be Eluminated,he has killed so many innocent people. I do nt see any reason of leaving him alive
He has ruled for forty years,what does he want again. Was he born to be there and his family forever. They shld be perished,if he refuse to surender
Re: I Will Not Surrender - Gaddafi by kizito96(m): 9:57pm On Sep 01, 2011
Let him and his son come out to lead the fight. Who is expecting to go and die for him. The Libyan people should say yes we will fight, but come out and lead the assault. A drowning man
Re: I Will Not Surrender - Gaddafi by ddippset(m): 9:57pm On Sep 01, 2011
the PDP is the ghaddafti of nigeria.
Re: I Will Not Surrender - Gaddafi by gentlem80(m): 9:59pm On Sep 01, 2011
Honestly, the trouble this Western government will cause their hand wont be able to carry it. I dont think Libya will ever remain the same (Please make my word). How I wish we have a functional "luny" amongst the so-called leaders we have in Africa.  embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: I Will Not Surrender - Gaddafi by Nobody: 10:00pm On Sep 01, 2011
NL threads are reactive no OC (ORIGINAL CONTENT).
BORING!
Re: I Will Not Surrender - Gaddafi by Nobody: 10:02pm On Sep 01, 2011
chamber2:

Whenever the names of Gaddaffi and co are mentioned i feel like joining the rebels
with your black colour anyway libya arent far! you can!
Re: I Will Not Surrender - Gaddafi by okadaman2: 10:09pm On Sep 01, 2011
Tobi_dad:

NL threads are reactive no OC (ORIGINAL CONTENT).
BORING!

Why can't you creat an OC (original content)

Thanks in advance.
Re: I Will Not Surrender - Gaddafi by bammo: 10:17pm On Sep 01, 2011
Nawa o! I never knew that leadership could feel this good, i mean it makes u feel like God, this man will not give up for anything in the world, nt even his life and family, i wan to rule naija one day like dis man. Lol
Re: I Will Not Surrender - Gaddafi by sley4life(m): 10:28pm On Sep 01, 2011
then get ur coffin ready
Re: I Will Not Surrender - Gaddafi by richardoz(m): 10:53pm On Sep 01, 2011
The man is an old fool. Does he want to rule Lybia for ever? Well,no one can do that here.Nigerians are not so daft to that extent.
Re: I Will Not Surrender - Gaddafi by kabukabu(m): 11:08pm On Sep 01, 2011
richardoz:

The man is an old fool. Does he want to rule Lybia for ever? Well,no one can do that here.Nigerians are not so daft to that extent.

Nigerians are daft grin even more than the Libyans, revolution could never happen in Nigeria,ever.We are a nation of crabs in a basket, each one climbs the back of another to get to the top grin.Everyone complaining but not a soul taking charge to be responsible for anything, Nigeria is an eternal dump of over sized egos and town criers. grin
Re: I Will Not Surrender - Gaddafi by HighChief4(m): 11:09pm On Sep 01, 2011
You guys should stop saying what you dont know.

OP-----Ghadaffi, we know you are innocent and a very strong man. I pray that God will give you the strength to fight till the end, even if they end up making a matyr of you. You truly love your people, but too bad they betrayed you. You will forever have my respect.
Re: I Will Not Surrender - Gaddafi by Nobody: 11:10pm On Sep 01, 2011
This man is a coward. He's in hiding and is still declaring a long battle. His supporters are fighting while he's nowhere to be found.  Libya needs men like Warri boys. One time, dem go fish am out.
Re: I Will Not Surrender - Gaddafi by nigboy(m): 11:11pm On Sep 01, 2011
This man is very crazy
Re: I Will Not Surrender - Gaddafi by tunnytox(m): 11:28pm On Sep 01, 2011
Who cares he can bloody rot in hell for all I care stupid old fool
Re: I Will Not Surrender - Gaddafi by HighChief4(m): 11:31pm On Sep 01, 2011
ItsModella:

This man is a coward. He's in hiding and is still declaring a long battle. His supporters are fighting while he's nowhere to be found.  Libya needs men like Warri boys. One time, dem go fish am out.

And what has warri boys done to liberate themselves from that cesspit called Nigeria or you just want to massage your ego?

Ghadaffi you will forever be remembered for your good thoughts and deeds towards Libya and Africa
Re: I Will Not Surrender - Gaddafi by Nobody: 12:00am On Sep 02, 2011
High_Chief:

And what has warri boys done to liberate themselves from that cesspit called Nigeria or you just want to massage your ego?

Ghadaffi you will forever be remembered for your good thoughts and deeds towards Libya and Africa
What the bleep are you saying? You must be as mad as Gaddhafi. Your idea of benevolence is distorted. A man who says he'll die for what he has already been holding for 42 years. I wouldn't call your "good Gaddhafi" good, he's more like a tyrant. A man who has eliminated so many oppositions and confined the lives of Libyans. Gaddhafi and his family pretty much took over Libya's economy and placed it in his own personal account. Your icon has commited so many crimes against humanity before God and man. It's a little wonder that you support him. With a name like High_Chief, I need not waste time over you and your likes.
Re: I Will Not Surrender - Gaddafi by jamebex(m): 12:45am On Sep 02, 2011
O God how long will this man continue to waste people's life. Rise in your anger and crush him O lord my God

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Picture Of ISIS Militants After Challenging RUSSIA. / Emmanuel Macron Tests Positive For COVID-19 / Did You Know That All Osama Bin Laden's Killers Are Now Dead?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.