Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,685 members, 7,801,975 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:19 AM

The Real Casualty Figures Of The UN Bomb Blast? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Real Casualty Figures Of The UN Bomb Blast? (5017 Views)

Casualty Figures Of Jos Blast Too High / Terrorists Incur Heavy Casualty In 2 Days Of Nigerian Military Operations - Pics / Casualty Figures Exceed 100 In Kano Attack. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Real Casualty Figures Of The UN Bomb Blast? by MAYOWAAK: 10:53pm On Sep 01, 2011
Shocking Details Of The Real Causality Figures of The Abuja UN Blast

Dr. David Edward, a young and brilliant Nigerian U.S-based medical practitioner (who has a 10 year old son) and who had just flown in from the U.S. for the programme was one of the speakers at the conference on the 3rd floor of the UN building. He was speaking at the conference when the bomb went off and he died instantly. They say only 18 people died. This is not true. Out of the 300 people that attended that conference on the 3rd floor of the UN building alone at least 150 were killed. And yet they will tell you that only 18 people died. This is an ungodly lie and it is disrespectful to those who had to pay the supreme price and that lost their lives. In the National Hospital mortuary alone over one hundred dead bodies were deposited and many other bodies were rushed to other mortuaries in the city of Abuja. Please ask your people to go and ask those that work at Abuja National hospital if you doubt this. What about the 20 children that were killed in the creche? There was no mention of them by the media or our government either.

What type of country is this? These 150 people are not being honoured in death because no-one knows that they were killed as well. They have not even been acknowledged as a number let alone by name. Is it now a crime to tell the world the amount of harm, evil and damage that Boko Haram has carried out? We lost many innocent souls yesterday and not just the 18 that are being reported in the press.The Nigerian people have a right to know the truth and this government had better start getting serious about security before it is too late and the whole country falls apart. Boko Haram must be crushed. Utterly crushed. They must be wiped out - FEMI FANI-KAYODE.

http://www.thenigerianvoice.com/nvmovie/59412/3/the-un-building-bombing-matters-arising-is-there-a.html
Re: The Real Casualty Figures Of The UN Bomb Blast? by MrGlobe(m): 11:18pm On Sep 01, 2011
WTF!!! RIP!!! May God bless their souls. Nigeria has infected UN with their lying spirit. I know its the government that are covering this so bad, smh. Had it been other nations, even Norway. Sad
Re: The Real Casualty Figures Of The UN Bomb Blast? by otokx(m): 12:25am On Sep 02, 2011
is that not how they told us only 9 youth corpers died in d post election violence?
Re: The Real Casualty Figures Of The UN Bomb Blast? by osifred(m): 1:54am On Sep 02, 2011
and wht makes u think that in dis particular occasion the government lied abt the casualty rate and ur souce was correct.
do u guys alwayz enjoy portrayin the Nigeria govt in a bad image?
jst a little y ago nairanders were slamin the govt jst cos d UN said they pre informed the govt abt a general threat of attack which could nt be verify
Re: The Real Casualty Figures Of The UN Bomb Blast? by Nobody: 3:43am On Sep 02, 2011
mh?
Re: The Real Casualty Figures Of The UN Bomb Blast? by iukpe: 3:54am On Sep 02, 2011
Lets face it, as Nigerians we have always seen casualty figures falsified after incidents of Collapsed building, riots, police raids, military actions etc etc. I have no doubts that the figures are not real. I wonder too, what the gains might be.
Obviously we do not have cameras rolling at the scene some minutes after any of these incidents, so no one can actually see pictures from the blast site. No live media coverage of any kind. The challenge here is to our Press to expose the truth. Then no one will be able falsify any casualty figures excessively.
Re: The Real Casualty Figures Of The UN Bomb Blast? by nasty45(m): 5:15am On Sep 02, 2011
na wa o,9ja we hail thee
Re: The Real Casualty Figures Of The UN Bomb Blast? by Nattlil(m): 5:28am On Sep 02, 2011
I want to fight am very vexed right now that i want to start killing all diz muslims, Maloo cowards but sha as a christain that i am "thou shall not kill" but just feel such wickeness comming from some people's hrt for christ sake, Islam is a cause to the world,
Re: The Real Casualty Figures Of The UN Bomb Blast? by VUVUZELA10: 5:45am On Sep 02, 2011
What a shame
Re: The Real Casualty Figures Of The UN Bomb Blast? by mayrho(m): 5:49am On Sep 02, 2011
No one not even the US would release exact figures "security reasons" to the world of course Americans loose soldiers in wars more than they reveal I'm not saying its right or wrong to lie about figures but I feel the most important thing is to give them a befitting burial and take care of their families afterwards
Re: The Real Casualty Figures Of The UN Bomb Blast? by amtalkin(f): 6:20am On Sep 02, 2011
Nattlil:

I want to fight am very vexed right now that i want to start killing all diz muslims, Maloo cowards but sha as a christain that i am "thou shall not kill" but just feel such wickeness comming from some people's hrt for christ sake, Islam is a cause to the world,
i wish islam never exist, Dis world wil hv been peacefull
Re: The Real Casualty Figures Of The UN Bomb Blast? by AbuMaryam1(m): 6:28am On Sep 02, 2011
sorry, i dont know this is one way traffic, grin grin
Re: The Real Casualty Figures Of The UN Bomb Blast? by Abujabir24: 7:45am On Sep 02, 2011
Dat is how even d western world behave. I jst dnt knw y democracy is full of lies lies lies. If their are fights b/w soldierz and talibans, d americans wil say no soldier died. For Gods sake say d truth. Cme 2 nigeria, dey learnt 4rm their mentors i dnt blame. As 4 dose of u insultin islam and our Prophet pls i beg u 2 stp it. Nobdy is happy here abt wats going on and abusing wunt help matters prayers is d best.
Re: The Real Casualty Figures Of The UN Bomb Blast? by nasoeb: 8:00am On Sep 02, 2011
SHUT UP ABUJABIR24.

I SAY SHUT UP, YOU BOKO SPY.

I WILL GET YOU SOON I PROMISE
Re: The Real Casualty Figures Of The UN Bomb Blast? by johnie: 8:33am On Sep 02, 2011
Govt arrested, released UN bombing suspects in 2007 
By Agency Reporter   
Friday, 2 Sep 2011   

. . .

[b]The UN Resident Coordinator, Daouda Toure, told journalists in Abuja on Thursday that the organisation had airlifted 14 victims of the bombing who had been on life support to South Africa for further treatment.

Explaining that arrangements had been put in place to help the family members of victims to travel to South Africa, Toure added that some of the affected family members had already been transported. Toure also said the UN Security Services and the UN country teams were on ground providing support and assistance to affected families.

He praised the Nigerian medical staff, especially doctors at the National Hospital, for doing a wonderful job stabilising the injured victims referred to it. He lamented that 80 percent of the injured were members of staff of the World Health Organisation. He, however, said it was premature to release their names because death certificates and other legal issues were involved.

Toure said, “This devastating attack has taken the lives of our colleagues and partners and maimed many people all of whom were in the building in pursuit of service to others.

“Their sacrifice will not be in vain; we will strive to pursue our work, the work for the people of Nigeria as proscribed in the UN Charter, which says ‘we the people’ we identify with the people, and only the people.

“The death toll as at today remains 23. Of the 31 injured, 14 had to be evacuated out of the country. [/b]
“The evacuation process has ended. This was for people whose lives were really under threat; they’ve been flown out of the country to South Africa.”

He explained that the choice of South Africa was based on the “availability of modern standard hospitals and equipment” in the country.

Toure said the UN was determined to continue to assist Nigeria deal with cholera outbreaks and with the provision of emergency supplies to distressed families as a result of natural or man-made disasters.

Also speaking, the Country Representative of UNICEF, Sumi Sakai, said one of the dead victims was working a document needed to release vital vaccines to tackle childhood diseases in northern Nigeria.

http://www.punchng.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art2011090265110

This Dauda Toure is not a Nigerian government official, is he?
Re: The Real Casualty Figures Of The UN Bomb Blast? by deekseen(m): 8:38am On Sep 02, 2011

They say only 18 people died.
We lost many innocent souls yesterday,

It is very clear that when die-hard government critics read stories they leave out certain things and pick the ones that propel their cause. When the bomb blast occurred, the first reports that came in had it that about 18 died on the spot. And in this report Mr Femi Fani-Kayode said yesterday. Except, ofcourse he was referring to another blast, this report sure was done on Saturday. And it was till late saturday we started getting updated reports about the death toll.
People should be mindful of the kind of news they carry during this period and the MODS had to promote this to the frontpageday. And it was till late saturday we started getting updated reports about the death toll.
People should be mindful of the kind of news they carry during this period and the MODS had to promote this to the frontpage,
Re: The Real Casualty Figures Of The UN Bomb Blast? by Abujabir24: 8:59am On Sep 02, 2011
@Nasoeb. Why are u throwing false accusations on me? Y wil i be a member wen clearly dey dnt support western education nd i happen 2be studying at d university department of accounting level 200. Pls stp it or everybdy wil think its true. Thanks
Re: The Real Casualty Figures Of The UN Bomb Blast? by KokoBeware: 9:08am On Sep 02, 2011

“Their sacrifice will not be in vain; we will strive to pursue our work, the work for the people of Nigeria as proscribed in the UN Charter, which says ‘we the people’ we identify with the people, and only the people.

“The death toll as at today remains 23. Of the 31 injured, 14 had to be evacuated out of the country.
“The evacuation process has ended. This was for people whose lives were really under threat; they’ve been flown out of the country to South Africa.”

Thank you jorr, i've been looking for the quote by a non-nigerian UN person ,

we are always quick to label Nigeria as the devil, see him claiming that 100 bodies were brought to the national hospital morgue thats a terrible lie cos i happened to be there that day and i still know how to count ambulances that came straight to the morgue was about 8 - 12 some of them carrying 2 body bags, just wondering why the lie?? is it to fuel hatred, the bomb blast is bad enough,
Re: The Real Casualty Figures Of The UN Bomb Blast? by twinstaiye(m): 9:12am On Sep 02, 2011
MAYOWAAK:

Shocking Details Of The Real Causality Figures of The Abuja UN Blast

Dr. David Edward, a young and brilliant Nigerian U.S-based medical practitioner (who has a 10 year old son) and who had just flown in from the U.S. for the programme was one of the speakers at the conference on the 3rd floor of the UN building. He was speaking at the conference when the bomb went off and he died instantly. They say only 18 people died. This is not true. Out of the 300 people that attended that conference on the 3rd floor of the UN building alone at least 150 were killed. And yet they will tell you that only 18 people died. This is an ungodly lie and it is disrespectful to those who had to pay the supreme price and that lost their lives. In the National Hospital mortuary alone over one hundred dead bodies were deposited and many other bodies were rushed to other mortuaries in the city of Abuja. Please ask your people to go and ask those that work at Abuja National hospital if you doubt this. What about the 20 children that were killed in the creche? There was no mention of them by the media or our government either.

What type of country is this? These 150 people are not being honoured in death because no-one knows that they were killed as well. They have not even been acknowledged as a number let alone by name. Is it now a crime to tell the world the amount of harm, evil and damage that Boko Haram has carried out? We lost many innocent souls yesterday and not just the 18 that are being reported in the press.The Nigerian people have a right to know the truth and this government had better start getting serious about security before it is too late and the whole country falls apart. Boko Haram must be crushed. Utterly crushed. They must be wiped out - FEMI FANI-KAYODE.

http://www.thenigerianvoice.com/nvmovie/59412/3/the-un-building-bombing-matters-arising-is-there-a.html

Now, here is the proof.  I dont know of you other people, but me as a family man dont think my wife will keep quiet if her baby is blown away in the blast, not to talk of about 20 mothers babies,   How come nobody was wailing that their baby died along with the blast, how come at least all the individual pictures released on the incidence did not revealed any of the mothers wailing about their lost baby, unless of course 20 mothers died along with them.
And pls, how come out of the 150 people that are having training that died, how come UN hasnt make it public or is the UN also hiding the number of the casualty and of course or the journalists not covering the UN house building to reveal over 150 families of the dead asking to get first hand information about their lost ones? Just think about it.
The same people that are masterminds of this bombing are the same people spreading this negativity.  Or better still the enemy of this government or those people that doesnt want this government to succeed.
Re: The Real Casualty Figures Of The UN Bomb Blast? by spiro4real(f): 10:13am On Sep 02, 2011
[td][b]Shocking Details Of The Real Causality Figures of The Abuja UN Blast

Now, here is the proof. I dont know of you other people, but me as a family man dont think my wife will keep quiet if her baby is blown away in the blast, not to talk of about 20 mothers babies, How come nobody was wailing that their baby died along with the blast, how come at least all the individual pictures released on the incidence did not revealed any of the mothers wailing about their lost baby, unless of course 20 mothers died along with them.
And pls, how come out of the 150 people that are having training that died, how come UN hasnt make it public or is the UN also hiding the number of the casualty and of course or the journalists not covering the UN house building to reveal over 150 families of the dead asking to get first hand information about their lost ones? Just think about it.
The same people that are masterminds of this bombing are the same people spreading this negativity. Or better still the enemy of this government or those people that doesnt want this government to succeed. [/b][/td]

U just hit d nail on d head.
Re: The Real Casualty Figures Of The UN Bomb Blast? by brixton: 10:15am On Sep 02, 2011
KokoBeware:

Thank you jorr, i've been looking for the quote by a non-nigerian UN person ,

we are always quick to label Nigeria as the devil, see him claiming that 100 bodies were brought to the national hospital morgue thats a terrible lie cos i happened to be there that day and i still know how to count ambulances that came straight to the morgue was about 8 - 12 some of them carrying 2 body bags, just wondering why the lie?? is it to fuel hatred, the bomb blast is bad enough,

Nigerians are part of the problem of Nigeria. Thanks for your clear write up.Big shame to this poster and his types!
Re: The Real Casualty Figures Of The UN Bomb Blast? by GoldCircle: 10:29am On Sep 02, 2011
falsehood thrives on ignorance! Thank God for education and the internet!

*whew* shocked
Re: The Real Casualty Figures Of The UN Bomb Blast? by pereze: 10:50am On Sep 02, 2011
Can someone explain the difference between REAL and FAKE casualty please?
My heart goes to the bereaved families and the people of Nigeria in this trying time.
Re: The Real Casualty Figures Of The UN Bomb Blast? by dustydee: 11:50am On Sep 02, 2011
Your figures are exaggerated and wrong
Re: The Real Casualty Figures Of The UN Bomb Blast? by Drpeter12: 12:47pm On Sep 02, 2011
oga o, may God save us from these controversies sad
Re: The Real Casualty Figures Of The UN Bomb Blast? by Nobody: 5:19pm On Sep 02, 2011
@poster, pls always clearify your claim before posting.
Those at the UN office, those at the National hospital as at when the corpse were brought in, The UN spokesman and the Nigerian government would not conspire to give false figures. I think you have over exaggerated the figures and I don't understand why a Nigerian like you would be concerned about painting your country black?
Re: The Real Casualty Figures Of The UN Bomb Blast? by Gbenge77(m): 6:54pm On Sep 02, 2011
While one is not able to verify the authenticity of this report,the death toll is believed to be higher than the official figure.

(1) (Reply)

Kano Town Was Founded By An Igbo Trader / Why Muslims Share Equal Responsibilty For Terror Attacks / See Where Jonathan Was Spotted Shortly After Meeting Buhari (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.