Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,897 members, 7,802,889 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:50 AM

School Fees Of Church-owned Universities In Nigeria - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / School Fees Of Church-owned Universities In Nigeria (31151 Views)

Afe Babalola University Hikes Fees Of Medical Students From 1.7m to 2.6m / Tuition Fees Of Public Universities In Nigeria / Fec Approves Five New Privately Owned Universities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

School Fees Of Church-owned Universities In Nigeria by aloyemeka2: 12:28am On Sep 02, 2011
Thursday, September 1, 2011
[size=14pt]School Fees of Church-owned Universities in Nigeria[/size]

My younger sister said to me the other day 'Linda, now that you're making money, why don't you start paying tithe? I didn't respond to her. Some of you know my stance on tithe offering, it hasn't changed.

[img]http://1.bp..com/--JV2i27dpaQ/Tl9QzNmdIyI/AAAAAAAAGvk/mh-MUTcsoEs/s400/3297463633_e0aabd3f48_b.jpg[/img]

Here's one of the reasons,
This is the school fees of Church-owned Universities in Nigeria
Bowen University - N650,000
Covenant University - N640,000
Benson Idahosa - N500, 000
Babcock University - N450, 000
Redeemers University - N375, 000
Ajayi Crowther University - N350, 000

What's the church highest source of income? Let me answer that; tithes, offerings, donations. So the thing is, I pay my tithe, my church builds a school, but I can't afford to send my child to that school? And here's the irony, no Nigerian University is in the top 15 Universities in Africa and only one university in Africa is among the 150 best universities in the world, and no, it's not a Nigerian university, it's University of Cairo.

So someone please explain to me why I should change my mind on tithe offering? How does it change and affect my world? Why are these church-owned universities unaffordable to the common man?

http://lindaikeji..com/2011/09/school-fees-of-church-owned.html
Re: School Fees Of Church-owned Universities In Nigeria by Emmyk(m): 6:19am On Sep 02, 2011
Tithing has heavenly reward.
Re: School Fees Of Church-owned Universities In Nigeria by aloyemeka2: 11:30am On Sep 02, 2011
It ain't got nothing to do with tithes.
Re: School Fees Of Church-owned Universities In Nigeria by graychuks(m): 11:35am On Sep 02, 2011
Malachi3:10
It's not the issue of paying to pastors .See when you pay your tithe you are not giving your money to pastors but rather you are saving your money in the bank of heaven.see it is the spiritual value of your tithe that matterz.How do you think your heavenly massion is built .See were your treasure lies there lies your heart,Every heaven concious person pays tithe cos am not giving my money to a pastor rather am banking it for myself in heaven.Though you may decide to pay your tithe to the poor,motherless babies home,as far as the tithe is 10% of your total income.God knows the heart.

1 Like

Re: School Fees Of Church-owned Universities In Nigeria by Kx: 11:38am On Sep 02, 2011
The schools were set up by the church GO's but
The purpose, mission, vision and prospect of both are certainly not the same:
i can open a church because i want to lead people to christ.
in d same vain, i might set up a school because its a biz venture
Re: School Fees Of Church-owned Universities In Nigeria by dare2think: 3:04pm On Sep 02, 2011
Emmyk:

Tithing has heavenly reward.

How did you come to that conclusion? Have you been to heaven to get your rewards? or do you know people who have been and confirmed the reward?

Apparently, there are 72 virgins also in heaven.
Re: School Fees Of Church-owned Universities In Nigeria by felifeli: 3:04pm On Sep 02, 2011
If you want to pay your tithe pay ; and if you don't want to pay keep your money. It is your kind of tithe that I think God doesn't want - tithe from someone who is always complaining about paying tithe. No cheerfulness about it at all , and thinking God is a wicked armed robber to demand tithe.
Christians!
Re: School Fees Of Church-owned Universities In Nigeria by Fhemmmy: 3:07pm On Sep 02, 2011
I love this analysis . . . .But to make it complete, Could you please find out how much the professor's are getting paid?
Please check how well equipped the students are.
Please check what the employment rate of the students that graduated from those schools?
Re: School Fees Of Church-owned Universities In Nigeria by dare2think: 3:08pm On Sep 02, 2011
graychuks:

It's not the issue of paying to pastors .See when you pay your tithe you are not giving your money to pastors but[b] rather you are saving your money in the bank of heaven.[/b]see it is the spiritual value of your tithe that matterz[b].How do you think your heavenly massion is built[/b] .See were your treasure lies there lies your heart,Every heaven concious person pays tithe cos am not giving my money to a pastor rather am banking it for myself in heaven.Though you may decide to pay your tithe to the poor,motherless babies home,as far as the tithe is 10% of your total income.God knows the heart.

undecided

So you are bribing God to keep a space for you in heaven.  You can be a killer or a molester, your sins do not matter as long as you pay your tithes and your lovely apartment covered in Gold is secured. ( Heaven has turned to the Nigerian Government)

Opium indeed.
Re: School Fees Of Church-owned Universities In Nigeria by Nobody: 3:10pm On Sep 02, 2011
felifeli:

If you want to pay your tithe pay ; and if you don't want to pay keep your money. It is your kind of tithe that I think God doesn't want - tithe from someone who is always complaining about paying tithe. No cheerfulness about it at all , and thinking God is a wicked armed robber to demand tithe.
Christians!

True or false, most tithe givers never contribute a dime to any other worthy cause.
I have spent the last 10 years studying hundreds of 'em at close quarters grin

Poser: Do you think God appreciates this singular focus on the after-life, at the expense of everything else?
Re: School Fees Of Church-owned Universities In Nigeria by stagger: 3:10pm On Sep 02, 2011
So what? Look for a university you can afford and go there! Must everyone attend church-owned university?

DUMB post if you ask me.

OP, keep your miserable change to yourself. God does not need your money; His work can go on without it!
Re: School Fees Of Church-owned Universities In Nigeria by SEGAD: 3:11pm On Sep 02, 2011
If you change your mind against tithe, God will also change his mind grin. Simple theory
Re: School Fees Of Church-owned Universities In Nigeria by Kx: 3:13pm On Sep 02, 2011
dare2think:

undecided
 You can be a killer or a molester, your sins do not matter as long as you pay your tithes and your lovely apartment covered in Gold is secured.
Without being judgmental so to speak, it hurts to see most people take bribes and indulge in other dubious practices at work while also religiously paying tithes from these dubious collections.
What is most important:
Total Repentance or
Tithing while living in sin and deception?
Re: School Fees Of Church-owned Universities In Nigeria by Nobody: 3:17pm On Sep 02, 2011
Fhemmmy:

I love this analysis . . . .But to make it complete, Could you please find out how much the professor's are getting paid?
Please check what the employment rate of the students that graduated from those schools?

.But to make it complete, Could you please find out how much the professor's are getting paid?
Answer: Handsomely I will imagine
Afterall what better way of promoting prosperity than holding up illustrative examples?

Answer: While it is difficult to tar all these colleges are degree-mills, a not insignificant number of them are.
How many research papers do students from these universities publish?
What innovation has been ascribed to any of these colleges in the last 5 years?

Answer: The old boy/girl network comes into play here.
Bank MD from Winners or Redeem is more likely to employ a co-adherent.
It happens all over the world.
Re: School Fees Of Church-owned Universities In Nigeria by Kizilala: 3:18pm On Sep 02, 2011
graychuks:

It's not the issue of paying to pastors .See when you pay your tithe you are not giving your money to pastors [b]but rather you are saving your money in the bank of heaven.[/b]see it is the spiritual value of your tithe that matterz.How do you think your heavenly massion is built .See were your treasure lies there lies your heart,Every heaven concious person pays tithe cos am not giving my money to a pastor rather am banking it for myself in heaven.Though you may decide to pay your tithe to the poor,motherless babies home,as far as the tithe is 10% of your total income.God knows the heart.

When did the pocket of pastors become bank of heaven?
Re: School Fees Of Church-owned Universities In Nigeria by Fhemmmy: 3:23pm On Sep 02, 2011
eGuerrilla:

.But to make it complete, Could you please find out how much the professor's are getting paid?
Answer: Handsomely I will imagine
Afterall what better way of promoting prosperity than holding up illustrative examples?

Answer: While it is difficult to tar all these colleges are degree-mills, a not insignificant number of them are.
How many research papers do students from these universities publish?
What innovation has been ascribed to any of these colleges in the last 5 years?

Answer: The old boy/girl network comes into play here.
Bank MD from Winners or Redeem is more likely to employ a co-adherent.
It happens all over the world.

Then, if that is the price they are paying to get into those kinda places you are talking about . . . . why do we bother.
Also, if the professor are getting paid well, like a university in Ghana, where most of the proffs are from Abroad ( Canada, USA, India and even Nigerians) . . . .they will be paid so many allowances.

If we dont like what is happening there, it is very easy, all we have to do is have our govt to do something so that students cold enroll at the university and could actually finish at the right time and not using 10 years for a 3 years program all in the name of not paying the lecturers.
Re: School Fees Of Church-owned Universities In Nigeria by Mobsync(m): 3:28pm On Sep 02, 2011
You are poor, you pay tithe and the pastor gets expensive 3 piece suits, italian shoes, permed hair, private jet(oyedepo has 3 or 4), bodyguards, expensive bullet proof jeeps and You get what? undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided>>>SIgNs OUt<<<
Re: School Fees Of Church-owned Universities In Nigeria by dustydee: 3:28pm On Sep 02, 2011
HOW MANY PEOPLE WHO SEND THEIR CHILDREN THERE PAY TITHE TO THOSE CHURCHES? Are you aware that some of those churches offer scholarships to good students? Should people stop paying tithes because the schools owned by their churches collect school fees? and lastly what about churches where people pay tithes and have no university?
Re: School Fees Of Church-owned Universities In Nigeria by hercules07: 3:30pm On Sep 02, 2011
@fhemmy

If the missionaries of old had used your criteria, you will probably be farming in your village as we are speaking now.
Re: School Fees Of Church-owned Universities In Nigeria by eghost247(m): 3:36pm On Sep 02, 2011
Bunch of Thieves
Re: School Fees Of Church-owned Universities In Nigeria by amtalkin(f): 3:38pm On Sep 02, 2011
so because it a church owned university then it shuld be 4 free
it simple if u can't afford it u go they dont beg 4 student there
Re: School Fees Of Church-owned Universities In Nigeria by okeey(m): 3:43pm On Sep 02, 2011
DAT D QUESTION WE KEEP ON ASKIN OURSELFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF
Re: School Fees Of Church-owned Universities In Nigeria by Emmyk(m): 3:48pm On Sep 02, 2011
dare2think:

How did you come to that conclusion? Have you been to heaven to get your rewards? or do you know people who have been and confirmed the reward?

Apparently, there are 72 virgins also in heaven.
at bolded, obviously, you've been there yourself. I dont have qualms withya, C'mon! Eat your tithe, attahboy. You've leave LONG. cheesy
Re: School Fees Of Church-owned Universities In Nigeria by Nobody: 3:50pm On Sep 02, 2011
am talkin:

No one has actually argued a case in favour of free tuition as far as I can see.
Let's strip these institutions of their non-profit status then since there are essentially corporate entities. No? grin

Bowen University ranked 8131; Entity Type: Non Profit ()

Caritas University ranked 9881; Entity Type: Profit (Good - no smoke and mirrors)

Covenant University ranked 6411; Entity Type: Non Profit (??)

Redeemer University ranked 6587; Entity Type: Not Reported (I wonder why)
Re: School Fees Of Church-owned Universities In Nigeria by Rastamann: 3:51pm On Sep 02, 2011
Some of these fees are overstated. More so, as being preached by these pastors paying of tithes is the gateway to heaven, so you have to pay tithe. These universities cannot accomodate all church members wards as uch the fees serve as as barriers to entry into these universities while tithe removes the barrier to enter heaven. Note that all these private universities are just screen savers while federal universities are still the best.
Re: School Fees Of Church-owned Universities In Nigeria by Emmyk(m): 3:52pm On Sep 02, 2011
Emmyk:

at bolded, obviously, you've been there yourself. I dont have qualms withya, C'mon! Eat your tithe, attahboy. You'll leave LONG. cheesy
Re: School Fees Of Church-owned Universities In Nigeria by laithanman: 3:53pm On Sep 02, 2011
this tithe issue is a very serious 1 in which most Nigerian pastors have so much brainwashed their followers and have turned them into money mintin machines & ATMs. Why wont any1 of these people make research abt wat their pastors tel them, they only hear things from d pastors and bilieve them hook linen & sinker & @ each tym they quote d so called Malaki verse 2 scare evry1 & pple begin 2 shiver. Pick up ur bible, make researches as per who 2 pay tithe, who is Eligible 2 collect tithe & of wat use r d tins collected as tithes! This r d question i want us 2 make researches on & dnt let us be deceived by wat they say. Peace out!!!!!
Re: School Fees Of Church-owned Universities In Nigeria by Pafuri(m): 4:03pm On Sep 02, 2011
People, please take some time to read up on Martin Luther, NOT Martin Luther King.
Re: School Fees Of Church-owned Universities In Nigeria by amtalkin(f): 4:03pm On Sep 02, 2011
eghost247:

Bunch of Thieves
u can't compare these university wif our federal and state uni everytin there is done orderly
Re: School Fees Of Church-owned Universities In Nigeria by nagoma(m): 4:08pm On Sep 02, 2011

When are they starting their interest-free banking?
Re: School Fees Of Church-owned Universities In Nigeria by isleman(m): 4:16pm On Sep 02, 2011
In as much as i agree to tithe simply because God asked of it. Let me be clear that God is not hungry and do not need anybody to feed HIM.

I also strongly believe as the bible said it that "so that the house of GOD shall not lack" , "so that there shall abundance in the house of GOD", i admit we need to give to the church because money is the wheel of gospel.

I believe you should give to church as you have, it could be more than 10% or less depending on what you have. Muslims don't pay tithes but there is what is called "SAKAT" which is relative to tithe. It is that you give to people who don't have some certain percent of your wealth.

So does that mean Muslims would be tenants in heaven or they would go to hell for not paying tithes religiously.

I see no reason why children of church members should be given rebate on school fees after all, there parents are contributors to the school.

for me its give and take.
Re: School Fees Of Church-owned Universities In Nigeria by brianon: 4:21pm On Sep 02, 2011
this tithe issue is a very serious 1 in which most Nigerian pastors have so much brainwashed their followers and have turned them into money mintin machines & ATMs. Why wont any1 of these people make research abt wat their pastors tel them, they only hear things from d pastors and bilieve them hook linen & sinker & @ each tym they quote d so called Malaki verse 2 scare evry1 & pple begin 2 shiver. Pick up your bible, make researches as per who 2 pay tithe, who is Eligible 2 collect tithe & of wat use r d tins collected as tithes! This r d question i want us 2 make researches on & dnt let us be deceived by wat they say. Peace out!!!!!

What he/she said.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Am In 100 Level I Performed Very Poorly In Our First Semester Exam / What Is The Difference Between School, Faculty And College? / The Polytechnic, Ibadan 2016/2017 Admission Processes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.