Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,337 members, 7,780,887 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 02:45 AM

Mikel, Enyeama, Anichebe Rebel Against Nff - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Mikel, Enyeama, Anichebe Rebel Against Nff (6175 Views)

Victor Anichebe Celebrates His 28th Birthday Today! / Anichebe Slams Kit Harington, ‘Game Of Thrones’ Actor For Snubbing Him / Victor Anichebe Refuses To Wear "Kick It Out" Jersey. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mikel, Enyeama, Anichebe Rebel Against Nff by maxygirl(f): 10:42am On Sep 02, 2011
Shortly after Austin Eguavoen warned Samson Siasia about the attitude of Eagles' players, Mikel Obi, Vincent Enyeama and Victor Anichebe were seemingly proving him right.

Egavoen coached the Eagles before Siasia took over. He had described his experience with the players as "terrible" and warned that their attitude could pose stronger problems to Siasia than the opponents in match situations.

"They would fake injuries and fail to turn up at the last moment and even those who turn up may lack the commitment in executing matches," Eguavoen said.

Wednesday night, as the Eagles made to leave on a chartered flight for Sunday's Nations Cup match in Madagascar, the three players mentioned above turned nightmares to the technical crew and the federation.

Mikel, Enyeama and Anichebe

The team had planned to leave by 8.30 pm after their original 1 pm departure time was rescheduled. The change afforded them time to train in the evening. Calistus Ebare, one of the spokesmen of the team captured what happened in Mitchel Obi's popular Radio Programme, Peak Soccer Moment on Raypower yesterday. Calistus later spoke with this reporter. His words:
"Mikel complained about the flight arrangement that would see them stopping over in Congo or any other country to refuel. He wanted a direct flight and frowned at every arrangement the federation made. He refused to join the team bus as they made to leave for the airport. VictorAnichebe joined him.

They remained in their room. Vincent Enyeama was against traveling on Wednesday. He preferred Friday and wondered why officials fixed departure for Wednesday. He also would not join the rest in the bus.

Movement was delayed. Samson Siasia's deputy, Simon Kalika, had to go upstairs to beg the players to join their colleagues. It was bad. The bus eventually left without them. The three players later showed up at the airport in another car. All these delayed their departure and they didn't leave until 11 pm. That was a team that was scheduled to leave at 8.30 pm. The attitude of these players was not encouraging.

I'm sure that if Siasia was sure that Yobo and Ike Uche had landed in Madagascar and if there were no withdrawals due to injury, he would have dropped the three players because Kalika who went to beg them was even left behind at the hotel. He made his way to the airport later. What I saw wasn't good. That's not how to work for victory. I can't say all is well with the team."

On arrival from London for this assignment, Mikel Obi thanked Nigerians and the Federal Government for the concern everybody showed when his father was kidnapped by hoodlums three weeks ago. He said that he would, henceforth, show appreciation through dogged play for Nigeria. Could one reconcile his Wednesday night actions with his words on arrival?

Another top official of the federation said that the action of the players would be investigated.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/09/mikel-enyeama-anichebe-rebel-against-nff/
Re: Mikel, Enyeama, Anichebe Rebel Against Nff by Kasmire: 1:36pm On Sep 03, 2011
The article is propaganda against d 3players
Re: Mikel, Enyeama, Anichebe Rebel Against Nff by 195(f): 2:17pm On Sep 03, 2011
phreakabit:

I dont know what you sniff, but its definitely potent! Your comment is anything but coherent .

I sniffed a woman pant - are u happy now
Re: Mikel, Enyeama, Anichebe Rebel Against Nff by silvernus0: 2:30pm On Sep 03, 2011
I trust siasia the guy is not dull at all, just leave the unserious once behind infact find replacements for them like you did to osazie ,who are they?
Re: Mikel, Enyeama, Anichebe Rebel Against Nff by maxygirl(f): 2:50pm On Sep 03, 2011
Kasmire:

I dont think it would have been published if it did not happen,
Re: Mikel, Enyeama, Anichebe Rebel Against Nff by sinaoye(m): 3:02pm On Sep 03, 2011
The article was not propaganda. The 3 players later apologised to the team on arrival in madagascar. I taught the days of complaints and bickering in the team was over but i guess this proves me wrong.

The players complained that the NFF should get a flight that will fly direct without refuelling. Bringing up such an issue at the eleventh hour is unfair in my opinion.

And Enyeama asking that the team travel on friday angry angry angry angry. He seems to have forgotten what happened last time the team traveled to an away match with hours to spare and barely came out with a draw. The team is also scheduled to fly out immediately for the Argentina game so arriving early will enable them rest and train for the two games properly.
Re: Mikel, Enyeama, Anichebe Rebel Against Nff by Nobody: 3:12pm On Sep 03, 2011
These players are investments to their clubs and family. They remain relevant as long as they remain productive.Their concerns about their safety and security are genuine.If anything bad happens to them, their clubs will drop them like hot potatoes. Insurance may not cover them under certain circumstances. It is important to accommodate the concerns of those players who are proffessionals in their own right.Will anybody think of flying our public officers like that?
Re: Mikel, Enyeama, Anichebe Rebel Against Nff by ifyalways(f): 3:33pm On Sep 03, 2011
Some comments needs to be deleted and the posters disabled from replying on threads meant for the homepage.

@Topic,did the assistant coach actually beg those players,for real?
Re: Mikel, Enyeama, Anichebe Rebel Against Nff by Babamide(m): 4:11pm On Sep 03, 2011
All the blame should be on NFF. All these players should know when to arrive at camp, what day and time they leave for an away fixture and all other logistics put in place. Besides, how far away is Madagascar that they have to stop to refuel?
Re: Mikel, Enyeama, Anichebe Rebel Against Nff by contribute: 4:16pm On Sep 03, 2011
If this really happened as stated, then the asst. coach should be blamed for this. I do not succumb to pressure from players in this form. They have not complained that their safety was not guaranteed but they were against refuelling. When they were in Nigeria clubs, werent they travelling in buses? Werent those buses refuelling several times? Would Siasia not be in thesame plane with them or are they telling us they have played more than their coach? If the issue was about safety, that i would not compromise but that refuelling was their agitation, common, they should be relegated. This country is too blessed to be held to ransom by some few individuals. Please,  I do not also understand a goal keeper dictating when it is most appropriate for them to travel. This is total indiscipline that should not be tolerated in any shape or form. The political class has failed this country yet sports especially football  that we all take solace in cannot be handled with levity. Football is like the military where team work, selflessness and discipline reign supreme. This is my opinion.
Re: Mikel, Enyeama, Anichebe Rebel Against Nff by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 4:16pm On Sep 03, 2011
Kasmire:

U sound like a proper propagander-monger
Re: Mikel, Enyeama, Anichebe Rebel Against Nff by nautysense(m): 4:50pm On Sep 03, 2011
d 3ree of dem nid a psychologist, d def. nd meanin of PAtrOitisM shld b xplaind nd read 2dem,
Re: Mikel, Enyeama, Anichebe Rebel Against Nff by marcus1234: 5:00pm On Sep 03, 2011
Re: Mikel, Enyeama, Anichebe Rebel Against Nff by ddippset(m): 6:20pm On Sep 03, 2011
190_@:

I sniffed a woman pant - are u happy now
so u eat p*ssy?
Re: Mikel, Enyeama, Anichebe Rebel Against Nff by mbulela: 7:03pm On Sep 03, 2011
?
Re: Mikel, Enyeama, Anichebe Rebel Against Nff by mystolad(m): 7:06pm On Sep 03, 2011
contribute:

If this really happened as stated, then the asst. coach should be blamed for this. I do not succumb to pressure from players in this form. They have not complained that their safety was not guaranteed but they were against refuelling. When they were in Nigeria clubs, werent they travelling in buses? Werent those buses refuelling several times? Would Siasia not be in thesame plane with them or are they telling us they have played more than their coach? If the issue was about safety, that i would not compromise but that refuelling was their agitation, common, they should be relegated. This country is too blessed to be held to ransom by some few individuals. Please,  I do not also understand a goal keeper dictating when it is most appropriate for them to travel. This is total indiscipline that should not be tolerated in any shape or form. The political class has failed this country yet sports especially football  that we all take solace in cannot be handled with levity. Football is like the military where team work, selflessness and discipline reign supreme. This is my opinion.

Its very easy standing in a corner and judging others while our own mistake lies somewhere else. @contribution, Enyeama said Nigeria is rich enough to afford an aircraft that will fly directly to Madagascar.

NB:it would be recalled that the super eagles had also complained of stopover for their qualifying match away to Ethiopia in June. The Siasia i know will not allow them into the team if he knew what they are protesting against is wrong.

Lets be sincere this guys are right,they are professionals.They know what it takes to be a professional and still maintain it. Madagascar - Antananarivo is  6hrs 56 mins,5376km,3340miles. i wonder if NIGERIA will have to refuel or stop over for a 7hrs journey,how many stop over will thay have if they are travelling to New zealand.

nautysense:

d 3ree of dem nid a psychologist, d def. nd meanin of PAtrOitisM shld b xplaind nd read 2dem,  
@nautysense,can u pls explain the meaning of patriotism for me? patriotism to me,means to love one's country.it doesn't state you should risk what you can avoid.human are such that they give what they will never tolerate.check that stat,this are players that came-in as early as they could in order to show their patriotism,now you are questioning their decision not to die of get involve in what you will never expect to happen to them if they were your family member.

kITA TITA:

These players are investments to their clubs and family. They remain relevant as long as they remain productive.Their concerns about their safety and security are genuine.If anything bad happens to them, their clubs will drop them like hot potatoes. Insurance may not cover them under certain circumstances. It is important to accommodate the concerns of those players who are proffessionals in their own right.Will anybody think of flying our public officers like that?
@kitatita, outta their patriotism they represent Nigeria,now they want them to die for Nigeria while they (the critics) haven't shown any bit of their own patriotism.

mbulela:

imagine a mediocre player like Anichebe?
if you were in his shoe will you fly with them?, poor you, if Anichebe happens to be in your family you won't reason this way.
Re: Mikel, Enyeama, Anichebe Rebel Against Nff by aikuda(m): 7:42pm On Sep 03, 2011
What most people care about here is for this players to go and play under whatever circumstance. People forger that these people are human being with families and friends who woulld love for them not to die for the sake of playing for Nigeria. What is so hard about chartering a direct flight for a national team? I

If these NFF Executives are going for one of their jamborees would they not have chartered a direct fligh with the best comfort possible. I know we want to see these players play and win but don't forget that they eed to stay alive to continue to play. Moreover millions of pound have been investede on them by their clubs.
Re: Mikel, Enyeama, Anichebe Rebel Against Nff by digits: 9:19pm On Sep 03, 2011
what is wrong wit Nigerian system? can we blame those players? am not sure because wat stop them from taking a direct flight to magadaska or does it means that the place is so far that we cannot get a direct flight? What is the essence of stopping over in congo? NFF need to answer some questions,
Re: Mikel, Enyeama, Anichebe Rebel Against Nff by hollandis(f): 9:58pm On Sep 03, 2011
Siasia is foolish if he doesnt ban them
Re: Mikel, Enyeama, Anichebe Rebel Against Nff by elrony(m): 11:24pm On Sep 03, 2011
hollandis:

Siasia is foolish if he doesnt ban them

and why should he ban dem
Re: Mikel, Enyeama, Anichebe Rebel Against Nff by Nobody: 12:02am On Sep 04, 2011
na wa for comentators here o, u ve not even heard d other side of d story frm d players and u v started to pass verdicts on them alrdy? If i may ask, ve ur nff ever done anything rightly b4? Ve any of dis guys reacted like dis b4 assuming dey did? U guys shld apply comon sense sometimes whl posting ur coments. The audi autrem patem rules still exists meaning u hear d other party too b4 u draw ur conclusion in a matter which most ignorant nairalanders here didnt observe b4 condeming those 3 patriots. Like leaders like d lead, u r all d same. Always in suport of mediocrity ich most ignorant nairalanders here didnt observe b4 condeming those 3 patriots. Like leaders like d lead, u r all d same. Always in suport of mediocrity
Re: Mikel, Enyeama, Anichebe Rebel Against Nff by Konjour(m): 12:17am On Sep 04, 2011
Conversely,could there be any reason why the NFF couldn't obtain an aircraft that could ferry the players of the Nigerian National Team from

Nigeria to Madagascar in one swoop? At least i know Madagascar is not as far as Dubai and there are chartered direct flights to the UAE to

and from Nigeria. undecided lipsrsealed
Re: Mikel, Enyeama, Anichebe Rebel Against Nff by mystolad(m): 8:07am On Sep 04, 2011
Konjour:

Conversely,could there be any reason why the NFF couldn't obtain an aircraft that could ferry the players of the Nigerian National Team from

Nigeria to Madagascar in one swoop? At least i know Madagascar is not as far as Dubai and there are chartered direct flights to the UAE to

God bless u, my friend av u eva stop to reason dat ppl whose contributn r low or nt effectiv r doz hu criticise ppl whose impact is bin felt n appreciated.imagine one nautypost talking abt patriotism where death is concern.
Konjour:

God bless u, my friend av u eva stop to reason dat ppl whose contributn r low or nt effectiv r doz hu criticise ppl whose impact is bin felt n appreciated.imagine one nautypost talking abt patriotism where death is concern.

byrron:

na wa for comentators here o, u ve not even heard d other side of d story frm d players and u v started to pass verdicts on them alrdy? If i may ask, ve your nff ever done anything rightly b4? Ve any of dis guys reacted like dis b4 assuming dey did? U guys shld apply comon sense sometimes whl posting your coments. The audi autrem patem rules still exists meaning u hear d other party too b4 u draw your conclusion in a matter which most ignorant nairalanders here didnt observe b4 condeming those 3 patriots. Like leaders like d lead, u r all d same. Always in suport of mediocrity ich most ignorant nairalanders here didnt observe b4 condeming those 3 patriots. Like leaders like d lead, u r all d same. Always in suport of mediocrity
4 enyeama n nsofor to complain den its outa wat dey cope wit,mikel whose nigeria just rescue his dad wil nt pay nigeria back dis way if it aint wat we ourself wil go against.
Re: Mikel, Enyeama, Anichebe Rebel Against Nff by hollandis(f): 8:18am On Sep 04, 2011
siasia should witch hunt them just like he did to osaze.but if is probably collecting money from them.super chickens will loose anyway
Re: Mikel, Enyeama, Anichebe Rebel Against Nff by VUVUZELA10: 9:32am On Sep 04, 2011
Alarmist journalist, please give Mikel Obi, Enyeama and Anichebe breathing space to be focussed. Because no Egunje you want to destroy these young men. It is not fair and just. Remember, there is Law of Karma.
Re: Mikel, Enyeama, Anichebe Rebel Against Nff by chimanu2000(m): 10:08am On Sep 04, 2011
see lets not stop with the players NFF, were completely unprofessional with the flight arrangements. Enyeama complained that even Enyimba hired chartered flights without stopovers. we need to sort the structures, the players will follow
Re: Mikel, Enyeama, Anichebe Rebel Against Nff by vital: 10:46am On Sep 04, 2011
I THINK NFF ARE PLANNING REVOLUTION ON SUPER EAGLE.EXPOSING THEM TO SUSPECTED PLANE CRASH.DIRECT FLIGHT IS MORE RELIABLE.THE SECRET THEIR IS THAT NFF WANTED THE TRIO TO SPONSOR THEIR TRIP AS PER TOP EARNERS IN THEIR RESPECTIVE CLUB.E NO GO WORK
Re: Mikel, Enyeama, Anichebe Rebel Against Nff by mallorca(m): 10:58am On Sep 04, 2011
hope they win this matxh
Re: Mikel, Enyeama, Anichebe Rebel Against Nff by samuelkew(m): 9:32pm On Sep 04, 2011
Who will tell Eyeama that he is loved and respected?well he doesnt know that goalkeepers existed b4 hm and many will come after him.Nigerians must tell them that no one is absolutely irreplaceable.Who will tell Eyeama that he is loved and respected?well he doesnt know that goalkeepers existed b4 hm and many will come after him.Nigerians must tell them that no one is absolutely irreplaceable.
Re: Mikel, Enyeama, Anichebe Rebel Against Nff by 1025: 12:20pm On Sep 05, 2011
at least we are in a democratic govt where individuals have right to say their minds. why going to congo with these players? is it not the same congo that togo players went through and were attached? was it not on this forum that ppl gather to blame togo ppl from passing through congo?
is nigeria this poor that they can't chartter a flight for these players? how many nigerians have jets and how come non is ready to make his jet available?
we think like children. these players are not beggers rather they are making sacrifices for the nation yet we hate them. apart from these players, which other group of ppl in nigeria are making sacrficies for the progress of the of the nation?
if one politician is going to american now, we will hire a private jet to help him steal our money but a group of young men going to represent a whole country are not worth hiring a jet?
might anything happen to any of these players in the process, jonathan will end up promising their family members N5m. if siasia does not protect the interests of these players, he will not be judged as a good coach.
nff is yet to pay most of the players that participated in the world cup but same have been released since. it is a shame but the good thing is that these players do not depend on nff and siasia for their lives.
Re: Mikel, Enyeama, Anichebe Rebel Against Nff by babyboy3(m): 10:07am On Sep 06, 2011
If the NFF has their way they would tell the players to get a Canoe and start paddling towards the other end of Africa

(1) (Reply)

CAF CUP Enyimba Vs Zamalek June 19 / Nigeria's U20 Depart For A.Y.C In Senegal Today~ / 'you're Too Low': Kobe Pilot Warned Before Crash

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.