Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,268 members, 7,807,911 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:26 PM

A Family Member Informing Your Spouse Before Visiting - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / A Family Member Informing Your Spouse Before Visiting (11755 Views)

Did You Have Sex With your Spouse Before Marriage? / Celebrating Birthdays For February 29th Born Family Member? / Three Most Important Things To Know About Your Spouse Before Marriage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Family Member Informing Your Spouse Before Visiting by Outstrip(f): 1:17am On Sep 06, 2011
adanny01:

@Outstip, i dont think its about the house itself. Its about comfort and respect.
Am sure you've heard stories or experienced a conflict between mothers in law and daughters in law. Most times its just some mothers in law trying to teach their daughters in law how to manage their homes in contrast with what the daughters were thought by their own mothers.
Other scenarios apply. There conflicts can be avoided if parents allow their children to sort themselves out. Simply by staying away and interfering only when absolutely necessary.

I get what you are saying. I think we pretty much understand at this point the issues that this particular poster has. What I am referring to is not the poster but people saying that it is strange for parents to visit their children or that the idea of a FIL visiting will be seen as a wrestle of power. MIL visit all the time. We have all heard the horror stories. The idea that the way to solve a problem that has not even happened (because this wrestle of power is obviously in the head of only the person thinking it) is for the man never ever to visit his children in their homes is crazy. It's just the hypoccritical nature of the typical Nigerian. It's because of that mentality that the poor man who was just passing through was slaped in the face for daring to want to come visit his children. God forbid that he gets old and needs care will it be okay for him to come and stay. Will it be better then because he is too old and frail to say he is in charge. Honestly if your father in law comes to the home and you let him run your home it is on you as a man not on him. None of my in laws can come in and run my household and they are welcome to stay anytime they want. It is not because they have not tried it in other homes. They do it because they can. What is it that an in law can do or say that could be so bad if you did not allow it. Eye service is all I have to say. People will rather take the easy way out than do the hard work involved in dealing with in laws. I do not subscribe to family members living with people indefinitely but this was not the case here
Re: A Family Member Informing Your Spouse Before Visiting by maran1983(f): 3:34pm On Sep 06, 2011
[color=#006600]This post reminds me
Re: A Family Member Informing Your Spouse Before Visiting by lillyveezy: 4:49pm On Sep 06, 2011
This post reminds me of my over bloated, inferiority complexed husband who doesn't want to set his beady eyes on any member of my family, and that makes me so sad Sad Embarrassed.
Anyway, i'm also determined to frustrate his every move if he makes the biggest mistake of even attempting to invite or allow any member of his family visit! Cool

INTELIGENT-MAAA!!!HOW DID U END UP WITH SUCH AN INFERIOR & COMPLEXED INDIVIDUAL AS A HUBBY. THINK BIRDS OF THE SAME FEATHER, ABEG COMPLETE IT
Re: A Family Member Informing Your Spouse Before Visiting by Ranoscky(m): 1:25am On Sep 07, 2011
^^ Aba O!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

There's a reason why God created synthetic fiber, lets remember the purpose! / Is My Wife A User?? - Advice Please / Bad Habits Of Your Spouse That You Can't Stand?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.