Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,899 members, 7,802,907 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:00 AM

Does Jinn Really Exist? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Does Jinn Really Exist? (4697 Views)

Does God Really Exist? What Makes You Believe? / Does Satan Really Exist? / Do Aliens and Vampires Really Exist? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does Jinn Really Exist? by TrueSeeker(m): 8:48pm On Sep 02, 2011
I have overheard Islamic scholars talking about the existence of Jinn, BUT I wonder if they really exist.
Re: Does Jinn Really Exist? by PAGAN9JA(m): 10:21pm On Sep 02, 2011
Jinn r actually pre-islamic spirits.
Re: Does Jinn Really Exist? by TrueSeeker(m): 1:43pm On Sep 03, 2011
PAGAN 9JA:

Jinn r actually pre-islamic spirits.
do they still exist?
Re: Does Jinn Really Exist? by Nobody: 1:51pm On Sep 03, 2011
Jinn (Arabic: جن‎ ǧinn, singular جني ǧinnī ; variant spelling djinn) or genies are supernatural creatures in Arab folklore and Islamic teachings which occupy a parallel world to that of mankind

Jinn are basically DEMONS , period !!!!
Re: Does Jinn Really Exist? by PAGAN9JA(m): 3:54pm On Sep 03, 2011
TrueSeeker:

do they still exist?

Jinn are not demons. i know some tribes in Saudi Arabia, especially towards the Hadhramut region, who still leave offerings of flour cofee and dates near sacred groves, in order to appease the spirits or jinns.

surprisingly, the quraan itselfhas given sufficient proof that they exist by including it into their tennets. ill tell you how. you see, it so happens that the concept of jinns/spirits, etc are not actually compatible with islam. prophet muhammad and his early followers inspite of spreading the message of one God, etc., were still a bit scared of the pre-islamic, spirits and Gods. it is very hard to completely do away with something that you have been practicing for so many years. so they did a small amount of syncretism, whereby they included these pre-islmaic spirits into islam. this shows that even the worst kind of fanatic still beleived in these spirits deep down his conscience. this also means that he might have experienced these jinns or spirits because there was absolutely NO REASON to incorporate such pre-islamic beliefs into islam.

side information: there are even places in Arabia caled Hauttas, which were former locations of Pagan shrines. these are usually filled with lots of trees, oasis and running springs. the killing of any animal such as rabbits or ghazelles here is forbidden. nowaday the muslim locals dont really know the reason why they still revere such groves. when asked, they say its just because their ancestors also did so. i also know of a tribe in Saudi Arabia who practice the pre-islamic custom, whereby men were circles of sweet-smelling flowers on their heads. this tribe is said to be one of the wildest there and the government says that going near them is dangerous.
Re: Does Jinn Really Exist? by Nobody: 5:49pm On Sep 03, 2011
Ah , case closed. Pagans and Muslims agree on Jinns. shocked

What's that adage about birds of the same feather ____________
Re: Does Jinn Really Exist? by TrueSeeker(m): 7:50pm On Sep 03, 2011
PAGAN 9JA:

Jinn are not demons. i know some tribes in Saudi Arabia, especially towards the Hadhramut region, who still leave offerings of flour cofee and dates near sacred groves, in order to appease the spirits or jinns.

surprisingly, the quraan itselfhas given sufficient proof that they exist by including it into their tennets. ill tell you how. you see, it so happens that the concept of jinns/spirits, etc are not actually compatible with islam. prophet muhammad and his early followers inspite of spreading the message of one God, etc., were still a bit scared of the pre-islamic, spirits and Gods. it is very hard to completely do away with something that you have been practicing for so many years. so they did a small amount of syncretism, whereby they included these pre-islmaic spirits into islam. this shows that even the worst kind of fanatic still beleived in these spirits deep down his conscience. this also means that he might have experienced these jinns or spirits because there was absolutely NO REASON to incorporate such pre-islamic beliefs into islam.

side information: there are even places in Arabia caled Hauttas, which were former locations of Pagan shrines. these are usually filled with lots of trees, oasis and running springs. the killing of any animal such as rabbits or ghazelles here is forbidden. nowaday the muslim locals dont really know the reason why they still revere such groves. when asked, they say its just because their ancestors also did so. i also know of a tribe in Saudi Arabi who practice the pre-islamic custom, whereby men were circles of sweet-smelling flowers on their heads. this tribe is said to be one of the wildest there and the government says that going near them is dangerous.

Thank you for this information! smiley I can now understand why Islamic Scholars always talking about Jinn. Another prove of mythology teaching of Quran.
This make me remember the animation Aladin grin
Re: Does Jinn Really Exist? by balium(m): 9:09pm On Sep 03, 2011
The Qur’aanic View about the Jinn

Allah has enlightened us on the subject of Jinn through the seventy second (72nd) Surah Surah Al-Jinn, revealed late in Makkah and various other aayaat in the Holy Qur’aan.

The Holy Qur’aan reveals that Jinn are created from fire whereas the human beings are created from clay. Although they are invisible to human eyes, the jinn can see us. Like human beings they are also entrusted with responsibilities (careers, family life, etc.). They too will be rewarded for their righteousness and will receive punishment for their wickedness.

“I created jinn and mankind only that they may worship me.”
(Al Zariyat:56)

“Whosoever fears the standing before his Lord, for him there are two paradises.”

(Rahman:46)

“And among us ( the Jinns ) there are the righteous folk and among us there are far from that; we are sects having different rules.”
(Jinn:11)
Back

Views from Ahadith

Ahadith enlighten us further and some of these are quoted below:

1. Jinn have been given power to change their form and appear in front of human beings in various forms; such as an animal, a reptile, or even a human being. In a hadith from Abu Saeed Khudri (may Allah be pleased with him), it is believed that a jinn came in the form of a gigantic serpent. It is narrated that:-

“A sahabi , returning from the battle of Khandaq saw his newly wed wife stood outside their house. He could not bear this sight and got extremely angry . He pointed the spear (at her), which he had in his hand , and asked her for an explanation. She asked him to go inside the house and see what was there before taking any further action against her. She was obviously scared by what she had seen. He entered the house and saw a huge python. He (thought he) killed the python but as he was returning, it suddenly attacked him and it was not known which of the two had died first.

Upon learning about the above incident, the Holy Prophet(peace and blessings be upon him) remarked, “Indeed you will find some inhabitants within your household, so whenever you come across any of these warn them three times, if they go away it is alright otherwise you may kill them.” The serpent, it seems, was a jinn.

Shaytaan, who is also from the family of Jinn, came in the form of an old man on the day of Badr (the famous battle in the year 2 A.H.). He tried to uplift the morals of the kafir fighters but when he saw the army of the angels descending to aid the Muslims, he could not bear the sight of them and ran away.

2. It was the custom of Jahiliyyah[ignorance] to fear the Jinn. Throughout their journey whenever the mushrikeen would break the journey in a desert or in a jungle, They would seek the refuge of the Jinns in that area. This would encourage the Jinn to cause a lot of disturbance and also increase their revolt.

3. Upon the advent of the Holy Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) , many jinns accepted the mission and message of the Holy Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him). They heard the Qur’aan read by the Noble Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) while performing Fajr salaah in Ukaz and they also began to believe in the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him). As such, amongst the Jinns, there too are different religions, groups, sects and cults such as Christians, Jews, etc,. Among those who call themselves Muslims there are sects like Ahle Sunnah, Qadiani, Shiahs, etc,.

4. Human beings are superior to Jinns. The Jinns can never harm human beings if tackled in the right manner. When a jinn starts to like someone he follows him or her around. If he does something extraordinary and that person gets frightened, the Jinn will tease him more but if he reacts in a brave manner, the Jinn will disappear.

4.1 Mujahid, a student of Ibn Abbas says:-

“After Ibn Abbas’s death a shaytaan would constantly appear before me in the form of Ibn Abbas whenever I started salaah. This got so worse that at times I was forced to break my salaah. So I decided to confront him next time he appeared and so I hid a dagger in my pocket and started salaah. When he came in front of me, I took out the dagger and jumped on him. He disappeared instantly and therafter he never came back.”

4.2 Similarly, Hazrat Thanwi rahmatullahi alaihe has narrated that:-

“Once in the city of Kufa, in Iraq, a merchant arrived and was searching for a rented accommodation. All the properties were full and someone directed him to a house which was empty and believed to be haunted. He was so tired that he did not care and decided to rent the property. When he was retiring to bed a huge black jinn came in front of him. He immediately started to recite the ‘Ayatul Kursi’. The jinn also followed his recitation and when he read the words, ‘Wala ya’uduhu hifzuhuma’ (‘And their ( the sky and the earth) safeguarding does not burden him’) the Jinn could not follow and stopped. The person understood the consequences of the words and recited the same words again and again until the jinn faded away. The merchant went to sleep and in the morning when he got up he saw the burnt ashes in the place where the jinn appeared. He was burnt by the power of Allah.”
Back

Actions & Precautionary Measures

5. As mentioned above human beings are superior to Jinns and as such can eliminate contact and any harm caused by them, if we adopt the ways taught to us by our Holy Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him). These are:-

· Try not to stay ‘Naa paak’ (in the state of impurity) for a prolonged period.

· Perform salaah five times daily;

· Constant rememberance of Allah through zikr (the heart of a zakir is alive whereas a non -zakir’s heart is dead);

· If confronted by a Jinn then recite Auzu billah , ; Lahawla wa la quwwata, and the last two chapters of Qur'aan, Qul auzu birrabinas and Qul auzu birabil falaq;

· Recite daily a few pages of Surah Baqara as shaytaan does not have the ability to enter a room in which Surah Baqara is read.
Re: Does Jinn Really Exist? by Sweetnecta: 9:19pm On Sep 03, 2011
If trueseeker is really seeking the truth, even the man who said Jinns are demons, period!, both forget that spiritual beings are not necessarily visible to the human eyes, in every instance and that spiritual beings, humans included do not have to be always good.

Among humans we hear about those who are witches; they do evil instead of good. And they manipulate themselves, people say, so that they are partially invisible, at least their soul/spirit travel/go places.

honest seekers of truth have different view about knowledge that makes sense, and if you can't dispute it.
Re: Does Jinn Really Exist? by PAGAN9JA(m): 9:20pm On Sep 03, 2011
balium:

2. It was the custom of Jahiliyyah[ignorance] to fear the Jinn. Throughout their journey whenever the mushrikeen would break the journey in a desert or in a jungle, They would seek the refuge of the Jinns in that area. This would encourage the Jinn to cause a lot of disturbance and also increase their revolt.

you see. i told you. jinns are pre-islamic and the Pagan peoples use to invoke them for help. even muhammad witnessed their power in helping the Pagans. ofcourse they never caused unnecessary disturbance. muhammad is exaggerating as usual. tongue
Re: Does Jinn Really Exist? by EvilBrain1(m): 9:51pm On Sep 03, 2011
There's no such things as genies. There are no angels or demons or fairies. Professor Dumbledore is not a real person. I know its written in your favourite books but you guys need to face reality. Seriously!
Re: Does Jinn Really Exist? by PAGAN9JA(m): 10:35pm On Sep 03, 2011
^i disagree but its funny. sadly my religion dont have any books. its by word of mouth. grin
Re: Does Jinn Really Exist? by LagosShia: 11:26pm On Sep 03, 2011
Re: Does Jinn Really Exist? by Nobody: 12:27am On Sep 04, 2011
the heretic shiite is back.

so you still believe in arabic fairy tales .

you have been watching too much of Aladin !!

grin
Re: Does Jinn Really Exist? by LuciferMan: 5:05pm On Sep 04, 2011
All Hell

Hell trueseeker,what is your motive of asking about djinn?IF they are real or not what is next?I know of a being that conjure djinns to do his bidding.If you need his contact email me right away

Hell lagoshia,what are you doing in the christian section of nairaland?with all due respect,u are a muslim.so you and mohammed do not belong here.You guys belongs to islam section of nairaland.is obedience not in the koran?THE bible says disobedience is worst than witchcraft and that means you are worst than iyawitch or more so i will report you to the moderator for violating nairaland code of ethics

Hell evil,what kind of name is evil brain?you need lucifer,since religion are bull s h i t to you

Hell forumites,what is reality?are celestial beings real?is necromancy real?spiritual powers like healing by laying of hands,telepathy,clairvoyance,astral projection etc?is church of satan real?if church of satan is real,what do you think,they will be doing inside satan church or is your reality an illusion? WELCOME TO THE WORLD OF LUCIFERMAN
Re: Does Jinn Really Exist? by Joagbaje(m): 5:53pm On Sep 04, 2011
So called Jinnie are nothing but DEMONS .
Re: Does Jinn Really Exist? by EvilBrain1(m): 6:38pm On Sep 04, 2011
Joagbaje:

So called Jinnie are nothing but DEMONS .

Yes.

And just like demons, they don't exist.
Re: Does Jinn Really Exist? by EvilBrain1(m): 6:56pm On Sep 04, 2011
LuciferMan:

Hell evil,what kind of name is evil brain?you need lucifer,since religion are bull s h i t to you

Hell forumites,what is reality?are celestial beings real?is necromancy real?spiritual powers like healing by laying of hands,telepathy,clairvoyance,astral projection etc?is church of satan real?if church of satan is real,what do you think,they will be doing inside satan church or is your reality an illusion? WELCOME TO THE WORLD OF LUCIFERMAN

No thanks, psycho.

I've found that satanists are just as re.tarded as every other flavour of religious fanatic. I'll start believing in the supernatural the day I can see it, touch it, or poke it with a stick. Till then, I'll rather live in the real world.
Re: Does Jinn Really Exist? by Nobody: 7:46pm On Sep 04, 2011
^^^^

Make sense for once, its easy jumping into every thread posting silly comments.

Looks like those demons love your name and have actually taken possession of what remains of your brain grin
Re: Does Jinn Really Exist? by TrueSeeker(m): 12:24pm On Sep 05, 2011
Sweetnecta:

If trueseeker is really seeking the truth, even the man who said Jinns are demons, period!, both forget that spiritual beings are not necessarily visible to the human eyes, in every instance and that spiritual beings, humans included do not have to be always good.

Do you think you have monopoly of knowledge?
Re: Does Jinn Really Exist? by Sweetnecta: 12:29pm On Sep 05, 2011
^^^^^^^^^^^ No.

will you then learn now that you hear the truth from me?
Re: Does Jinn Really Exist? by TrueSeeker(m): 12:43pm On Sep 05, 2011
Sweetnecta:

^^^^^^^^^^^ No.

will you then learn now that you hear the truth from me?

Then you should stop preempt peoples intention.

(1) (Reply)

I Am Taking Up Religion. / 5 Strange Things About The Church Called COZA / If Jesus Comes Today Would You Let Him In?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.